Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,761 to 36,780 of 45,541 messages
18/01/2013 at 15:12
On phone so can't type much but woo hoo to job Caro and double woo hoo to tv stardom RF. All very exciting.

Having lots of BH contractions in last few days.... Some a bit painful. Gulp, please don't come early little one....

Oh yes, Max on day 2 of underpants. Had 2 sets of wet clothes from school yesterday (plus really yucky one at home before he left for school, bleurgh!) but hopefully he is finally on his way.
18/01/2013 at 16:49
GP did no tests at all JT. Just not interested

Loads of snow here too. We are snowed in although my car is actually abandoned on the hill onto the estate as I couldn't get back up here this morning. It is a minor miracle I got over to T's this morning. Loads of cars bailing out on the way! Kids were so good on way back. They kept telling me not to talk so I could concentrate. It was terrifying. I am so not used to driving in the snow.
18/01/2013 at 16:50
Oh and yay Caro! The other job wasn't meant to be clearly!
18/01/2013 at 18:26
More yays to the new job Caro!

Snow was settling in central London near work so am assuming we got a decent amount at home (on the train back now). Lily has a guitar lesson in the morning which I normally drive to but I think I'd rather walk it in this weather, hopefully they'll cancel it.

Poor hubby's next Walker2Runner program is due to start tomorrow, bit worried that the snow might scare a lot of them off coming. Shame as he had 10 people coming to the free initial session last week and we could do with the extra money.

Nearly home now, stay safe in the snow everyone!

Oh and TT, hope baby stays put for now
18/01/2013 at 19:18

yay to job Caro.

barely a bloody flake of snow here . that's the trouble with Edinburgh we only get snow when no one else does! even up at Swanston we have a bare smattering.  boo.

on a course today . 9-5  total breaks 55 mins . exhausted. and back tomorrow.  walked in the house and discovered I cannot stand the smell of our floor cleaner cue huge vom rash and note to buy fragrance free stuff for cleaner! 

18/01/2013 at 19:19

so I look outside after typing and its a blizzard! 

18/01/2013 at 19:20

cannot  suss grammar on kindle!

18/01/2013 at 19:21

no snow here in Findhorn on the Moray Firth, was a small dusting earlier when I ran round Culbin but nothing much.  Thankfully the sun and wind over last few days have got rid of some of the ice but still plenty to catch you out if not looking!!

So glad hubby flew home last night as take-off/landing strip at Bham been closed today and he probably wouldn't have got home. Am hoping everything stays grounded and then he won't be able to fly back on Sunday, even if we have no snow up here!! It is dumping it down in the Cairngorms though so not far away.

I never wheeze either CM, even when my PF is absolutely dreadful, just feels like someone has a big rubber band round my chest.

RF - just focus on trying to enjoy and getting round, the rest will take care of itself. Over on the ultra forums there are mixed views about sealskinz gloves tbh and most people I know with bad circulation don't get on with them.  I have been wearing a pair of these http://www.climbers-shop.com/1377025/products/dachstein_mitts.aspx  this week when I went mountain biking and on Ben Rinnes, bit old-fashioned but do the job.

Caro - that's fantastic, well done. Very exciting!

TT - oh no, hang in there baby, not yet!!

So worked again this morning, was manic in the library with loads of queries along with lots of customers so brain was a bit pickled!! Hubby agreed to do school pick-ups so I managed to fit another 10.5 in - a little hills in it though which reminded me my right quad is still a bit trashed from Weds, think that side must have got more frozen!!

Orienteering tomorrow, is great as it's literally out the back of our house - I expect we'll be late though!!

18/01/2013 at 20:45
Thanx for the link CC, they sound good. How do u know what size to get? Also looking at socks but don't know if I would be a small or medium, those toe sock things!
18/01/2013 at 21:14
no snow in central Scotland, absolutely freezing cold, blue skies + sunshine.
18/01/2013 at 21:28

TT we have had the same. RF - not too sure actually as I've had mine about 12 years!!! They do shrink a little when they are wet. So tough working out the perfect solution for hands.  The toe sock thingys usually have a size guide ... I am a 5.5 shoe size and think I got medium but can't remember for sure.

I have a niggly right ankle and it's really pishing me off!!  Voltarol gel, tiger balm and my foam roller are my friends this week and have just dug out the ice!!

18/01/2013 at 21:43
Ok CC. Think I will order in the morning, may as well give them a try
Same weather as CC & TT here.
Great news on the job Caro
Yuk to the floor cleaner causing the voms EF, non scented required I think.
Boo to the niggles CC but enjoy orienteering tomorrow.
Turbo- when are you due?
M is not well today, think she has what hubby has had last few days- sore bones, freezing & generally feeling yuk. Poor wee thing. I am on the high dose vit C & echinacea in the hope I avoid it- body please listen & stay well.........
Working long shift tomorrow so betta get to sleep soon as up at 5.45, deep joy- not!
Have great weekends everyone and if running in the snow take it easy & enjoy! It's a good leg workout!
18/01/2013 at 21:56
Due date Feb 20 RF, certainly feeling more contractions than I did for Max.... Just praying he stays in for another 10 days....
18/01/2013 at 23:32
Ohhh exciting TTid - but would be good to stay put for a bit longer.
Had a lovely play on the beach with M this morning. She loves it - burrows her face in the sand! Now she's having a long nap and I've managed to finish her dress for my sisters wedding in 3 weeks. Its awesome if I do say do myself!
A Run and a long buggy walk off road yesterday so am tired today.
19/01/2013 at 09:12
a little dusting of snow this morn, but not much. Just enough to make paths slippy.
19/01/2013 at 09:26
Ooh we now have lovely thick snow. If we could just get out our street the main roads are clear but it would be a challenge! So I'm on the bus en route to my lecture and workshop on drafting grounds of appeal. Yawn!
19/01/2013 at 09:30

We have about 6 inches of snow here. Had a snow day yesterday as nursery was closed so obligatory snowman built and snowballs thrown. I think we will probably go sledging today if we can get in/out of my road. It was very slippery yesterday, will try it in a while to go to the gym I think.

TT - when is your C-section booked for? I have had way more braxton hicks this time around. I asked the midwife and she reckons its normal for a second pregnancy. Well she didnt seem concerned anyway. I have my presentation scan on Monday so hopefully baby is in the right position. Still not decided on home birth but I am feeling a lot calmer about the whole thing.

I remember the face in sand on the beach well Hoggle. L did the same only with her tongue sticking out and eating the sand. We had some absolutely vile nappies after a day at the beach.

Right, off to wake hubby up to see if I can get out to the gym. We are supposed to be at a friends house warming this evening around the M25 but not sure I fancy the drive round to be honest or all the drunk people prodding my stomach and making comments about my bump. We will see.

19/01/2013 at 10:20

No snow here. Bitterly cold, a few flurries and a light dusting on the hills. Had one of my toughest runs in a while this morning. Out at 6.15 for 20 cold, dark and hungry miles after 5 hours sleep and a cup of tea! First mile was 10.17mm!! but last 5 miles at marathon pace 6.59/ 7.15/ 6.57/ 7.03/ 7.02. Legs really tired. Hubby very kindly handed me a full glass of OJ just as I got in the door and I promptly dropped it straight through my hands and it hit my foot and went everywhere. What a bloody mess, just love crawling around trying to mop up sticky orange juice (with bloody bits in!) straight after a 20 miler!! Hubby was on his way out the door on his way to coach athletics.

Went to see Les Miserables at the cinema last night with a couple of friends. It wasn't what I was expecting but I really enjoyed it. Today will be spent cleaning and cooking in between running kids to gymnastics and football. Same two friends plus their hubbies and another couple coming over for a meal tonight. And they have all got babysitters lined up so kiddi free night apart from our twins and one 6 month old. (Between us all there would normally be 15 kids!) Just going to do lasagne but not sure what to do for a pudding, anyone got any good recipes?

Wow Turbo T so exciting. And well done Max, would be great to have it cracked before baby arrives.

Glad hubby got home CC. That is weird I have a niggling right ankle too. I've always had a dodgy right ankle - an old drinking injury from my 20s! But it has been playing up a bit lately. I have never had as much movement in it as the other ankle and struggle to point my toes down on that foot. Its not really sore just aware of it during some runs so similarily slathering on voltarol and massaging a bit.

Anj - hope you got hubby up and made it to the gym.

Hoggle - your life in Nz sounds so good. Is your hubby more settled in now? We'll need some piccies of the dress on FB.

Hope M better today RF and that the long shift goes quickly for you.

Have good weekends all.

19/01/2013 at 14:02
Whoops Lotte, hope you managed to clean it all up and aren't left with a sticky floor! Good pace esp to pick up at the end when you are pooped! Don't know how you manage it on just a cup of tea though? Lasagne sounds fab, could you do a simple pud like mixed berries with white choc sauce.
Karen - is hubby a fitness instructor/ coach for a living? Hope he had a good turnout.
RF thinking of you at work, guessing the wards are bursting with all the lurgy and cold affecting people. hope you stay well.
CC Boo to niggles, not really surprising with the miles and terrain you cover,
Anj - mmmmm sandy poo. I hated being hippo sized and meeting people at social events, I would prob cry off! Respect to you keeping the gym work up.
Arggh door bell, back later. Off to a party with the boys at a indoor play barn so going to try and run around with them instead of a run today!
19/01/2013 at 14:17

well done on the 20-miler Lotte. Great pacing too. Sounds like you have a fun evening lined up.

Puds, well I guess it depends on what you have in the store cupboard ... tiramisu is always a quick and easy one. I took puds for NY eve dinner at friends - I took an orange semolina cake (really moist and yummy) and a fruit salad made with green jasmine tea and slices of chilli in it!!!  I always think mixed berries is a good one - I think I've cooked them through in ginger wine before!! and served with greek yogurt

So many many germs around, my friend has her whole family down with something at the moment.

Funny about the matching niggles Lotte! Mine is odd as it used to be the other ankle (injury from an army assault course I did when aged 16) but has transferred over last few years. Has been really quiet for ages but suddenly appeared. Not out and out pain but there and definitely uncomfortable ... massaging my shins last night and was horrified to discover my whole lower legs need some deep painful massage I think!

Orienteering was not great this morning, light dusting of snow. Hubby decided to fill in tax return so didn't come to help me out, Thankfully course was out back of our house, just 500m down the road. I shadowed S round while J went alone as usual but when S and I got back he was still out - worryingly. I got S home and went back and thankfully he appeared 5 mins later, shaken and very annoyed with himself as took him way longer than should. Got him back home then legged it back out for my course but sadly not enough time by now so I couldnt' complete and had to bail 3 points from the end - grrrr

J gone to panto up in town this afternoon - free tickets for the cubs - so S is having a strop!!  Then it's the orienteering awards ceremony tonight which is a bit boooooring but S is due a badge for doing 10 events so wants to go ...

Defo want to see pics of the dress hoggle. S used to eat food that she insisted in dropping in sand first - just as well she had no teeth for ages!

Edited: 19/01/2013 at 14:18
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.