Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,781 to 36,800 of 45,864 messages
19/01/2013 at 16:13

Camio - yes, hubby is a personal trainer, he did the training for it when I was on maternity leave after having Anna (was previously an actor, and then worked in IT). At the moment he has to fit the work in around looking after the girls during the week but he still has 3 personal training clients at the moment and on top of the running course he also does a bootcamp session on Sunday mornings. He got 7 this morning which was great as we already knew that 2 were going to miss this week so that's only one drop out - hurrah and kerching!

Hoggle - also want to see the dress, I'd love to do more dress-making but I just don't have the time

Lotte - glad to hear you liked Les Miserables. It's made by the company I work for so I encourage everyone to go and see it (and then hopefully I'll get a decent pay rise next year off the back of the profits ).

CC - shame about missing the end of the course but glad J made it back safely.

RF - hope M feeling better soon. My hubby has just started complaining that he doesn't feel right too so I'm off out to get him some echinacea (never know how to spell that) and some vitamin C.

Right, best get off as still in my running gear after a slippy, slidey 4 miles.

19/01/2013 at 17:04

I want to go and see Les Mis very soon too - perhaps next weekend.

Hope you don't slip around too much Karen.

I've been on echinacea and goldenseal for the last two weeks to keep stuff at bay ...

19/01/2013 at 17:17
Les mis is amazing. I'm a huge fan. But I cry loads!!
19/01/2013 at 17:49

Me too EF. Had to hold back the tears when I saw the film as was with people from work and would have been embarassing to turn into my usual blubbering mess when watching it. In our house we've been playing the soundrack loads lately and all 5 of us have been singing Les Mis songs non-stop. Lily is even auditioning for her school play next week by singing I Dream a Dream which will make a change for the teachers from all the other girls who are planning to sing Adele or Katie Perry! I know I'm biased but she has a fantastic voice, definitely didn't get it from me though, it's the welsh genes for sure! Oh, and we're taking Lily to see the stage show as a treat for her 10th birthday in March. Will be the third time I've seen it - I love it!

19/01/2013 at 18:44
How do I add a quote on the iPad? was going to link to a lovely pic on the horse meat thread...... something along the lines of
After tescos were alarmed to find horse meat in their burgers, Primark are reporting camel toes in their leggings...... Hahaha
19/01/2013 at 18:44
I can't say how many times I've seen it on stage....maybe 7?!
19/01/2013 at 18:48
He he camlo. I like it!

Karen I've also got the original cast recording, the complete symphonic recording, the French version (from when I lived there for a v short time) and now the film soundtrack. I'm not quite the nutter who's seen it 957 times but it's a little worrying. I've seen miss Saigon just as often though!
19/01/2013 at 19:03
EF - Not quite the nutter who has seen it 957 times ... YET! I quite like the 25th anniversary edition too (apart from the Jonus brother as Marius - not the best casting IMO, but then I have to admit I loved Michael Ball's Marius the best).

Camio - ha ha, v funny!
19/01/2013 at 19:21
Yes hubby much more settled Lotte - just need to sort job and all will be fab! He has been up the mountain climbing the last 2 weekends which is great.
Hope you've all survived the snow! Sounds like more south than north? My Facebook is full of snowmen pics and complaints about transport - I have to say I don't miss it (although it's v pretty!).
Day in the garden today I think - trip to garden centre first.
Hubby had to take our next door neighbor to a&e yesterday - she was hanging up a fork after oiling it (puts my care of gardening tools to shame!!) and it fell on her arm. She's 94 and gardens from 7am til 6pm every day!!!!! Incredible!
Update on my friends baby - he's now on the donor register and they go home tomorrow to wait so fingers crossed its soon!!
19/01/2013 at 20:18

Definitely fingers crossed Hoggle, such a tough situation for them.

I'm ashamed to say I've never read or seen Les Mis  and have no idea what it's about!  I imagine I'd know the songs if I heard them but I couldn't sing them to you...  I think the title always put me off .

Fair amount of snow here in Sheffield but main roads are fine so if you can slide off our road then you're ok.

We went to look at our posh photos this morning that we had done last week.  So hard to choose!  And then the cost... Obviously if you go in just for a family pic you come out with a family pic, kids pic and individual kids ones too....impossible to say no!  Then it might end up cheaper to buy a CD with 15 of them on it and print them ourselves.  I know hubby not keen on paying out for it though  (it is £495 so he has a point!).

Also having massive indecision about which boots I like - I just don't know what suits me and what will be practical!  Still waiting for some from Next that I ordered after Christmas but the Barratts ones have to go back next week so I'm not going to be able to compare them.  This is my Christmas present from hubby!

Anyway I entered the parkrun at last, but then with it being so snowy I decided to give it a miss this morning.  It did go ahead but people said it was slippery so a good decision I think, if annoying.  The pavements are covered so it's really not safe running at the moment so it looks like another weekend will go by with no run for me .  What with snow and illness I'm really struggling to keep it up at the moment.

Sorry bit me me me!  Time for a glass of wine...

19/01/2013 at 20:39
I guess I need to go and see Les Mis then. Saw the stage show in Edinburgh when at uni but don't really remember it. Have seen a lot of musicals, but think the only ones I've seen more than once are Joseph and miss Saigon.

Gilles Coren made me laugh about the whole horses meat thing:

Writing in the Times, food critic Giles Coren bemoaned the public's lack of knowledge about what is in their food. "What on earth did you think they put in them? Prime cuts of delicious free-range, organic, rare breed, heritage beef, grass-fed, Eton-educated, humanely slaughtered, dry-aged , hand-ground by fairies...?"
19/01/2013 at 21:00
All very true but I'd still expect a beef burger to contain cow meat not horse even if it's the worst slops off the coo!
19/01/2013 at 22:14
Cow willy burger EF?
19/01/2013 at 22:22

Hah, yes if it says 'beef' burger I would expect just cow in it, although I'm not that put off by the idea of horse meat.  

I have never seen Les Mis, will have to give it a go although prob on dvd.

19/01/2013 at 22:24
Cow willy, eyeball and bum hole Caro

Can't say I am fussed about les mis tbh. Don't think I have seen it. But all that singing?! Dunno. I love singing but ... Not sure really. Isn't it cheesy?
19/01/2013 at 22:27
Oh and yes EF. No problem eating horse meat (not keen on the big hoofy things) but surely they should list the ingredients as they stand. If they list beef then it's cow or part thereof. If horse, then horse or part thereof. But if they list beef, i don't expect it to contain horse!
20/01/2013 at 06:01
Ewwww CM!
Whole day spent in the garden today - glorious!! Spinach, leeks, lettuce and spring onions planted and soooo much wedding done. Matilda just happy to potter nearby all day.
Running tomorrow, weather getting hot again do will be going as soon as daycare drop-off done.
20/01/2013 at 07:33

bleugh caro but still coo by definition! 

20/01/2013 at 09:11
from what I have seen it was horse dna that was found in the burgers, and as the animals were slaughtered at the same abbatoir I can see why. In same way that they cannot guarantee some things r nut free bcos they r made in a factory where nut containing products r made. Can't see what all the fuss is about.

I am off to see les mis this afternoon, have never seen it b4 + never fancied it til I seen the trailer at cinema when went to see skyfall. A 5 mile run to get out the way 1st tho.

Had a wee spending spree in sports direct yesterday. Took my bro in to get walking boots for his birthday + ended up buying some karrimor trainers to try (only ??30 so worth a go) + another pair of capri pants, a long sleeved top, a short sleeved top + socks, oops! So I am now rotating 4 pairs of trainers- my brooks adrenaline trail shoes (done about 400miles so on their last legs), my Asics (about 160mls, I love them but they were over ??100), my new Nike (about 10miles on them &cost ??60) & new karrimor pace ( ??30) which I am hoping work out cos I could buy a whole range of colours at that price lol.
20/01/2013 at 12:27

Never seen Les mis and like CM not that bothered tbh. Cost us a fortune going to the cinema with babysitting etc. So will wait until all on DVD!

Just back from first 20-miler. No chance of any MP miles in my run. It took ages. So much ice everywhere. Ran into town along a country lane and ended up skating down several hills. Took me ages to run the 4 miles in. Got there just in time to head out for  12 miles with some club members along the off road cycle track. Was still lethal in places but manageable. Then 4 miles home where I just rang along the main road and stuck fingers up at passing motorists gesturing to me to get onto the pavements.

So 20 miles done in 2:56 thats about 8:50s I think which is fine. Time on feet fine for me today as full of cold anyway. Makes 82 for the week I think. Will attempt 10 miles first thing tom but just use the main roads I know are OK. I hate this white stuff, really do!

Kids a bit fed up with the snow now too. About to go and help clear the school carpark and foot paths to the school so they can go in tomorrow. Hopefully anyway!

LOL 'hot' Hoggle whats that? -1 here today! But I do see some blue sky!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.