Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,801 to 36,820 of 43,210 messages
28/08/2013 at 21:37

Thanks everyone I am going to be sensible and quit while I'm ahead. As you say, Sonya, I don't want to do myself any damage that might mean I can't have a speedy (ish) return to running after little one is born. Have got my cross trainer and will do lots of walking Glad your running is going well! Loving th idea of your very fit, beer drinking mum  

Yay to Fraser's weight gain - he's doing really well! 

Grr to hubbies too. Ben is working too hard ATM and getting snappy with it. I do understand as he is doing two jobs (running the business and still doing day job) but I find it hard to bite my tongue..still, he is on the verge of getting some major investment from a private equity firm based in the States so he should *hopefully* be able to leave the day job within the next few months. Crossing fingers! 

Hoggle - lemon curd? 

28/08/2013 at 22:13

Oh that's so annoying Janie. Tho I admit I rather liked knowing!

rotavirus vaccine standard in Scotland since may. It's an oral vaccine. I'm convinced I'm going to be ill! 

Just in from a wee jaunt. Nearly 4 miles covered. Pace varied! Walked up the massive hill towards the end. Ate packet hula hoops on my return. Why did I even bother?! 

28/08/2013 at 22:35

How annoying JT!  Surely they need to make absolutely sure the patient wants to know before blurting it out.

TB, I'm with sonya and everyone else on that one.  Stop now and you'll be a happier bunny later.

v tired, zzzzz

28/08/2013 at 23:46

Hi not read back properly so apologies once again - had a skim-read!

My friend has a 10year old daughter so I think that's why she doesn't get IVF free?  Many thanks EF for your reply - have passed it on.  Our uni friend has just told us she's having another girl as well so I know my friend will be in tears right now as she would love another girl .  She said her partner has a low sperm count so I guess that might be an issue, and I think she has a blocked tube or something like that.

Well into potty training here - was going really well until this afternoon at which point it turned fairly disastrous!  He's totally got the hang of his wees on potty and even managed to do a wee standing in the park today as I forgot to take his potty - bit of splashing but I can't see how you can avoid it??!  

So I've been waiting for him to poo on his potty as Sophie never did and did hers in pull-ups till she was 4, so I was delighted when he did one this morning.  Then another, then another...!  All in potty I should add though a little late on some!  Anyway I thought that's got to be it, off we went to the park.  He did his wee by a tree, all fine, walked back to the car.  Got in, sniff sniff..yep he'd done another one in his pants!  So makeshift clean-up on the pavement by the car, not too messy so not a complete disaster but don't understand why he didn't tell me.  Then this evening I thought I could smell something but he said he hadn't done one, but at bathtime I discovered he had!  Too gross to save pants so binned them!

So I don't really get it - maybe he had a bad day and had been a bit constipated and it all came a bit suddenly today, but why didn't he tell me when he'd done one??  As I never had to do this with Sophie I'm a bit lost with it tbh!  Not feeling confident in pants so much now when a poo's due...

Anyway bedtime.  Had major meltdown at kids this evening - Nicky been so naughty all day, running off constantly in shops, being silly when I was trying to get him to try on trousers etc etc, wrong time of month for me .  Scared myself a bit as I really lost my temper and dragged him across the room and he said I hurt his toes, but at least he then cried, apologised and was good as gold after that...felt really guilty though!

New puss on Saturday hopefully, been shopping for bits and bobs for her today .

Right bed, really.

29/08/2013 at 17:50

Thanks CC  yes Primark pants could be the way!

29/08/2013 at 21:13

J only had a couple of accidents like that, JG. one of them was in a pub in the village. i had gone there with a friend (childless) and I was about 8 weeks pregnant with E, full on sickness and hadn't told anyone. J did a poo in his pants which I discovered when he said he needed a wee. I'd yanked the pants down in a rush. Poo EVERYWHERE. so there was me, retching, trying to pick poo bits up off the heavily pattered carpet in the toilet while trying to stop him from treading in them and trying to clean him up with bits of tissue paper. oh god it was dire. i was totally unprepared for it so hadn't brought through the changing bag from my chair; couldn't take him through as it was with poo all over him; friend was in the restaurant bit; couldn't even phone her as my phone was in my bag. it was a NIGHTMARE

every time i go  back into that pub and i need the toilet it makes me boak thinking they still have the same carpet down!! (the hanbury in caerleon, JT - avoid lol)

off to the Forest of Dean with kids tomorrow to campsite JT recommended. fingers crossed it works out as going with a friend who isn't keen on camping. so 2 adults and 4 kids 7 and under. ho hum!

29/08/2013 at 21:39

We were probably going to need icsi janie but we agreed just to see how it went on the day and as it happens the sample was completely normal and so we did ivf. The child thing usually rules you out regardless of age. 

29/08/2013 at 21:42

lou still bad with poos. She doesn't wipe her bum properly so skid marks if she poos in school and a shout of "finished!" when at home Demanding that you wipe Her. I asked when she planned to do it herself and she said when I'm 7. Bah. 

29/08/2013 at 21:49

Andy watching some MTV awards. (A) I have no idea who anyone is (B) it's not music it's a bloody racket and (C) I can't even understand what anyone says whether they are introducing an act or accepting an award. I'm ancient. 

29/08/2013 at 22:03

Arrgghh having nightmares with our internet connection! Not ideal when you work from home!!!

Boo to accidental gender reveal JT!! Will make it eve more of a surprise if it turns out to be girl I guess!

Ewwwww - CM your story is gross but kind of funny - ot at the time I imagine!! I'm not that phased by poo (used to be a care assistant at a hospital when I was a student so child poo is nowhere near as bad as dealing with adult poo!)

RIght, too much work to do today, really must stop procrastinating!!!

29/08/2013 at 22:17

J is very lazy at bum wiping but rarely has any skids; he must do non-skiddy poos. haha.

have just assembled everything for camping. oh my good god HOW much stuff?! some of it may be abandoned tomorrow, like the chairs... having to take loads of towels as there is a pool so kids will want to be in that at least once a day. and we have a huge stove and big gas bottle (cooking for 6). i need a bigger car - sob! my poor ford focus will be laden down.

ran 8 miles tonight. legs feeling tired, but then i did 10 on sunday (too fast as ran with club and they are all too speedy for me); then i did a recovery 3.5 offroad on monday morning; a 5 miles with hills / speed yesterday (which was a disaster) and now 8 miles tonight. have to fit in another offroad trot in the morning before i pick the kids up as then i probably can't run until next weds as i have the kids and E doesn't start school next week and isn't even in nursery so there is NO running for me at all on tuesday even though J starts back on tuesday. may sneak onto the treadmill if i get chance on tuesday evening but i am not actually taking tuesday off and i have E at home with me (used all my holiday) so i will probably need to work in the evening. argh!

29/08/2013 at 23:12

CM make sure you put in a chair for your friend who is dubious about camping - it will improve her experience no end!!

29/08/2013 at 23:40

to J's poo story CM, makes me feel much better !  At least I have always been prepared or it's been at home...so far...!

EF - Sophie uses Asda's flushable wipes at home and says she doesn't like pooing on the loo at school - had a couple of skid-mark days earlier in the year, then I guess she stopped using it . The wipes do the trick though, I just try to remember to take them out with us too.  Have suggested her trying paper but she's not keen.

Been in fear of N pooing all day today too but nothing so roll on tomorrow...!

30/08/2013 at 14:36

Chuckling away at all of the poo stories! JP did the worst one ever on holiday a few weeks back. Now a VERY rare occasion, but still... He was in the pool with Daddy and left it a bit late. Cue shouts of 'it's coming out!' and hysterical gesturing in front of everyone else who had hoped to have a quiet afternoon in the sun. He ran over to me by the sun loungers and oh boy, had it come out. Everywhere! Ben beat a hasty retreat with mucky child for clean-up in hotel room, while red-faced Mummy tried to clean up the remnants with napkins 

so embarrassed!

JT, how annoying! I would've been so cross! Hope things turn out well for your friend.

CC, marker pen is definitely the way to go. Must sort that out over the weekend. There is way too much stuff to label! 

30/08/2013 at 15:21

Another  TB!  Hilarious to look back on, not so at the time!

Well this morning I carted his Thomas potty around the park with us and was rewarded, after about the 6th time of asking to sit on it, with a poo  (but also !) - fortunately by that point we'd lost our friends and were alone walking through the woods so perfect really!  He later did a wee on it too so hooray all round.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist and sew all their name tapes on, although this is the first year I've had 2 lots to do!  I do just write in labels if it's shop's own stuff that I'm not so fussed about losing, but definitely the logo sweatshirts get a sewn-in one!

Feeling organised finally after a month of clearing, tidying and cleaning our house and garden.  It really had become a tip and there is still work to be done but it feels much more spacious at last!

I found out this morning, finally, that I will be working 1.5 days this year, which is a whole day less than last year so a bit carp really but I have to take what I can get .  I started on 2 days last year and they asked me to take on an extra half a day in Nov so the same thing might happen, fingers crossed, particularly as N will be at nursery in the mornings.

30/08/2013 at 23:40

I killed the thread...or is everyone out partying on a Friday night?  No didn't think so . I'm off to bed anyway.

31/08/2013 at 18:12

Quiet on here. Must be all the poo talk putting people off 

Boo to fewer days, JG. Still, as you say, there is always the chance of more hours as the year goes on. Will have to pass you a few name tapes and things to sew on for me  ahead of Weds and the return to school I'm in on Mnday and Tuesday for inset days so Ben has JP. Will be nice for him to spend time with him on his own. 

Went to IkEA today for some shelving to accommodate the rapidly expanding Lego collection my son has acquired. Some curtains for the nursery and a few other 'essentials' also made their way in to the trolley too Said shelving will get put up tomorrow, I think. X-Factor tonight (very sad, I know!) so will put my feet up. Have a good excuse now that I know for definite my blood pressure is low - Ben brought a sphygmomanometer (btw I didn't just spell that, the iPad told me!) home yesterday from work. Today it was 84/48 and I haven't even felt that wonky...dread to think what it has been when I have felt really dizzy!!!! 

31/08/2013 at 18:18

xfactor here too, I love trashy telly

31/08/2013 at 19:46

Wow that's low TB! I thought mine was low at 100/60 but pales in comparison to you! Is there anything you can do? Loved all the poo stories - in a comedic way obvs! Still got all that to come I reckon. Oh and meant to say Tatty, you've done well to run so long. I ran till 34 wks with E but stopped after my 20 wk scan scare. Baby is now back up actually on the centile grids now ( phew!) & I reckon it'll be around 6-7lbs. Tempted to try a few short runs but may be so out of shape it's not worth it. And after c section i will have to rest a while anyway I guess. Not looking forward to that. Last time I was jogging again after 2 wks. 

Admire all you swimmers. Good on you, especially as weather getting cooler. And sounded like a lovely run CC. have fun sewing/writing name labels everyone. I can't swe for toffee so it'll be th iron on ones for E when time comes! Have fun camping CM. SHAME about fewer days JG - fingers crossed for a little more as year prigresses. What is it you do again? Forgive my appalling memory! 

Looks like we will be leaving London for good on 27 sep. can't really believe it. This evening we took E for pizza in canary wharf and sat outside overlooking the Thames and all the boats/people e watching. It was so lovely. Really gonna miss that kinda thing about living in the city. 

31/08/2013 at 21:13

love the poo stories too, took Archie to the pool today and he ran out clutching his trunks and I managed to steer him into the toilet with only a 'small bit' of leakage! He finished on the loo while I rinsed the trunks in the sink and back to it. Worse was the fact I put him to bed last night,  commenting on the fact that his bedroom smelt funny only to find a dried on poo in his pants this morning! 

Yippee to getting back to school routines, swimming, cracking runs, healthy babes, poo in the potty and x factor

Boo to labelling, lack of hours, packing to move and low BP. 

Tatty - glad you feel ok with those readings but they are very low so I think you've done the right thing calling a day on the running for now. 

Went to hereford earlier for a swim and pizza which was lovely and treated Tom to a new bike from halfords. They didn't have time to build it but hubby is handy enough with a spanner so brought it home in a box only to find the front wheel looks buckled. hubby going to have to drive 80 mile round trip to take it back tomorrow, just hope they can fix, replace or refund but I am sure I have read that halfords are not the best at customer services.... I am going in opposit direction to try wettie in the sea with the tri club in aberystwyth. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.