Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,801 to 36,820 of 45,859 messages
20/01/2013 at 13:57
oh God, glad I was only running 5miles today, don't fancy 20miles freezing my butt off. Did half hr on exercise bike to defrost when I got in b4 going in shower.
20/01/2013 at 15:01

MM hats off to you for doing any miles in these conditions never mind 20!

20/01/2013 at 18:19

I remember as a student going to a conference in Ljubljana and after a night out we stopped off at the local equivalent of the kebab shop.  It was called 'The Hungry Horse'........and it was yummy

If I go and see Les Mis it will be at the wk end with my Dad so won't have to pay!

Really fun afternoon in the snow in Epping Forest, proper snow, proper sledging.  I felt like I was in a ski resort.

20/01/2013 at 18:46

boo to poorly neighbours, icy runs, expensive photo shoots, horse meat.

yippee to getting the miles done, good films and happy hubbys.

Only did 5k today as only had brief window- did it under 25mins though so according to race calc I could just snick under 4 hours for the mara.....

20/01/2013 at 19:38
loved les mis, blubbed like a baby at the end. bought the soundtrack in Tesco on way home, so I'll look good marathon training running 20miles while blubbing along to les mis songs. keep humming the songs now can't get them out my head.
20/01/2013 at 19:40
just ordered some Chia seeds from H&B online, went to local shop last wk + they had none. Do u think I'll b able to run as well as u CC, once I start munching them?
20/01/2013 at 19:56
Well done to all the snowy miles done today.
No snow here but freezing. 0 degrees when I did a 19 mile cycle this morning. Mostly road though as the trails icy. Humming n hawing still about whether to get ice spiker tyres for my MB for next weekend. They are very expensive.
Yay to the shopping spree TT, sounds good. I'm needing some shiny new gear for my tv debut!!!!!! LOL )) been meaning to get sum chia seeds........... Might order some also as need more coconut oil & normally get the in H & B.
Think I would like Les Mis but may have to just wait for the DVD.
Nice fast 5 k Camlo, well done.
Nice day n the snow for a few of you then..........
Made flapjacks n cakes earlier, eaten a few already, ooooopppps. Mst keep some for me n ma dad for the puffer. Yikes now only 6 sleeps...........betta get the false tan on!!
Going to apply for another practice nurse job, would be so good, 20 hrs but prob not a hope n he'll of getting it. There will be tons of applicants but I can only try
20/01/2013 at 21:08

Rf - what practice wouldn't want a tv star nurse?!!

20/01/2013 at 21:11
Hahahaha Hoggle, your right!!!!!! " don't ya know who I am?" !!!!!!!!!!!
20/01/2013 at 21:15

Pics of Matilda's dress on facebook.

Skype meeting now - think I will need to move to the deck. Glad that we don't usually use the video because I'm still in my running kit - if I shared an office I would be offending many people with my stink!!

20/01/2013 at 21:19

Extremely cute Hoggle - and she really does remind me of my M!  I see some tantrums in your future........

20/01/2013 at 21:32

Oh awesome thanks Caro!! Esp after your latest story about the wee!!! She definitely knows her own mind and is a fairly determined wee soul!!

20/01/2013 at 22:13

Well done on that 20-miler MM, in those conditions can well imagine how fun it was!!

Horse meat - wouldn't know if I've eaten it, probs wouldn't choose it but not sure I'd know the difference!  However, if actually pieces of horse meat are going to be in what I buy then they should be listed as an ingredient. Have to say, I make my own burgers anyway, avoids all that other sh*t they put in that so isn't needed!!

Yay to all the bargains TT

Chai seeds - tried them in the summer and I reckon they do work, meaning to get back to them when I get round to some consistent longer miles.

Hoggle - will check out FB and the dress-making. Wierd hearing of all your heat at the mo. Envious of your hubbys mountain climbing.

Well done for all those getting out running - and esp the sub 25 min 10km - Camlo ... of course you can do a sub 4 hour mara ...

No running for me today - have been icing dodgy ankle and tonight been rollering around my calf muscles with this great squashy ball I have with little rubber spikes on it - is fab. Going to stick with some mountain biking for the next few days and see if I can clear the ankle up. Sounds a bit wacky but there is proven info that women are more susceptible to joint/ligament injuries in second half of cycle as things still loosen off ... bah humbug!!!

Kids shattered today after mega late night at Orienteering awards ceremony but went out for a brisk walk round village and beach, collected some lovely driftwood and then came back for car to collect one huge lump that looks like a totem pole!! and another which will do for chopping up for the fire!!!

Hubby not returning to work until Tues which is fab (moved flights and is working from home). Don't get a look-in on the computer when he's around though.

Sorry, I know I've missed lots.

Not much snow for us but it is NOT warm at all, esp with the brisk easterly blowing!!

20/01/2013 at 22:50
Thanks CC but feel I better clarify it was only a 5k.......
Love the thought of dragging drift wood back, your garden must look lush (lush as in trendy not lush as in rain forest). Glad you have hubby another day.
Hoggle - love the dress, very cute.
RF - can you visit the practice and speak to the practice manager/ head practice nurse so you give them a feel for you rather than just an impersonal CV.
Happy Birthday to tallbird too xxxx
Off to the chemist tomorrow - we have threadworms (again) , I've found a verruca on my foot, eczema under my arm, in my ears again and all over my hands.... grrrr
20/01/2013 at 23:00
oh nice! lol, don't know how I have managed it but never had threadworms or nits, but veruccas were the bane of my life for several yrs.
21/01/2013 at 07:41
What a gorgeous wee dress Hoggle, very cute, well done. I could never d that, useless at sewing etc!
Arghhhhhhh hardly any sleep, 2-3 hrs. R was burning hot and kinda hallucinating s took her into bed with me= no sleep. So no school for her today. It's been a never ending couple f weeks of bugs here, so far I'm managing to stay fairly well although feeling slightly nauseas on and of and cold!
Yuk Camlo, never had threadworms here either. Had bad verrucas though, stubborn wee things.
Yay to still having hubby at home CC but grrrrrrrrr to the niggle. Good idea to bike for a few days to let it rest.
Oh well I betta get C sorted as she'll be going to school alone. It's going to be a long day with R whining. Poor thing though was so hot in the night & bad coughing in my face, great. Betta go and get the high strength Vit c and echinacea down me!
Planned to visit the practice Camlo. It's actually my practice but I don't know the manager as we're not there often!
21/01/2013 at 13:21

Boo to lack of sleep RF. Hope R is better soon and you don't succumb to any nasty bugs.

Oh dear Camlo. We have had the joy of threadworms a couple of times. And yes you can def bag sub4.

Must go on FB and look for the pics Hoggle I have missed them.

Well done on the 20 and a good weeks training MM.

84 miles for me last week instead of the 90+ it should have been because I was dying yesterday! We had a great night with friends over on Sat but I rather overdid the gin, baileys and wine mix . Didn't get to bed until 4am and was so ill yesterday. Annoyed with myself but my last rest day without a run was exactly 6 weeks ago so probably long overdue. Shame I probably wont get the benefit of it since my poor body was trying to recover from alcohol poisoning, lol. Was such a fun night though.

At work just now so better get on with some!

21/01/2013 at 15:20

Def needed a rest day Lotte. I have one every week just for a mental break more than anything. You sound like I did on New years day!! We are bonkers aren't we !!

Still full of cold, but managed to get up and ran 10 very slow miles on the road on a route that rarely gets icey as always gritted so emergency vehicles get can get to the M4. So it was fine, but slow as still feeling under the weather. But another 10 bagged. Easy week this week so will be about 70 miles and not so many doubles.

Had massage at lunchtime to try and get rid of this achilles niggle, driving me potty as just won't go. Never gets worse or better just stays the same. Grrr!

Yes fab dress Hoggle. I am really struggling to get to grips with mine as just can't get the tension right on it. Plus just don't seem to have the time!!

How do you know you've got a thread worm infestation. What are the symptoms? How do you treat it? Not had one here as far as I know but wouldn't know what I'm looking for anyway!!

Boys in art club so going to get them in a mo. So relieved the snow is melting. Fun for a couple of days, then when the ice starts and the slush I hate it. I know miserable old fart I am!!

Hubbie out tonight so some core and stretching for me and an early night...

21/01/2013 at 20:30

MM - I'm with you on the snow, we had a great time in it over the weekend but now that I'm back at work and after having to do 7 miles on the treadmill yesterday (as it just wasn't safe to try and run in my inov8s with no grip on them at all), I'm ready for it to bugger off now.

Lotte - I thought you Scots were supposed to be able to handle your drink and it was only us southern softies who got hangovers . Sounds like a fun evening!

Talking of drinking, I failed on my dry January again this year and had a cheeky glass of wine on Friday night. It's always the third weekend that I struggle to get past. Red wine tastes even better after a break from it though, mmmm!

RF - hope you get a better night tonight, I can never sleep with an ill little on in the bed either, hope she's better soon.

I've just been on the Royal Parks Half website as was going to go into the ballot again this year to try and get a place but the price is now £46!!!! I really enjoyed it when I did it back in 2010 but I don't think I can justify paying £46 for a race, that's way more than I paid when I did it before.

Right, kids in bed and hubby due back any minute so best get on with the dishes.

21/01/2013 at 22:14

Phew hot here again today - shall send some your way to melt all your ice! I'm selfishly hoping that the delayed flights doesn't delay my kindle thats been posted out!

God I REALLY need to get abck into work mode! I have been cruising for the past 2 weeks which was fine when there wasn't much on but now I really need to get stuck in and have a serious attack of the CBA's! Been out to the toy library this morning, tried to do some jobs for my sister and failed. Now what I would really like to do is spend an hour doing some gardening - so not allowed!!!

My 'LSR' tomorrow!! Wish I could go earlier than 8am to beat the heat but would need to go before hubby leaves for work and that would be before 5am - so a no go.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.