Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,881 to 36,900 of 43,607 messages
05/09/2013 at 20:13

Tho I just remembered no vodka allowed. Dairy milk?!

05/09/2013 at 20:26

Eek JT - Martha has been put on the same table as 'naughty' Harry in her class.  I am hoping this is more a sign of her superior behviour and the teacher hoping that will calm him down - they also have the only new girl in the class on their table of 6.  At least Martha gives me a pretty full update of whats going on in her day - cogs and gears today, some reading, spag bol for lunch!  

Sorry to hear all the sad news - hope there are some positive outcomes.  

Lotte - hats off to you!  Kind of glad to only have one set of homework/reading/writing to deal with at the moment!

05/09/2013 at 20:47

Actually I just realised that I'm talking about her "chapter books" jt - reading book still not home with her so no idea how well or badly she is reading it. Andy reminded me that I wasn't keen on her P1 teacher based on the same night last yr so I just need to get a grip. He liked her. I didn't dislike her but found some of it a bit airy fairy however I suspect that's the curriculum! 

Birthday tea = whatever we have in the fridge. Oh well. 

05/09/2013 at 21:22

your birthday EF?? If so  xxx

Yippee to kit testing CC but big boo's to all the rushing and sad, sad news. 

I am actually quite scared now as forecast remains dire and with windchill factor in the top of the highest peak it could be -2c. There is a kit list (which I willrow try and find...) but waterproofs are defo on there. Think I may send some dry kit to the checkpoint at around 30 miles which is after the mountain. Had an email suggesting we will need to group up to attempt the peak and if visibility is too poor we will get bussed either to next CP or straight to finish. aarrrrgh pass me the vodka JT......

05/09/2013 at 21:24

Oh goodness camlo. Good luck and here's hoping they've gone overboard with the pessimistic forecasting! 

05/09/2013 at 21:51

Thanks, will have a go and have asked hubby to give me a hand with his bike knowledge.

M  has a teacher that has been at the school donkeys years now, compared to the young one last yr.  she was fab, so I hope the new one is as good.  We got the ofsted report in the book bags today-outstanding in all areas and the only thing they need to try and improve on is helping other local schools!  It made very impressive reading, so I'm chuffed, but also know just how lucky we are to have Matilda in that school, when really we put zero thought into it when we bought our house (pre marriage) and it just so happened that we were nr enough to the school for her to get in.

good luck camlo, gosh some of you are so hard core!

05/09/2013 at 22:10

I am not feeling hard core...... I am petrified...... 

05/09/2013 at 22:16

I am not sure ofsted would approve JT.........but it could be effective!

05/09/2013 at 23:44

I'm feeling your pain JT.

I've just had to enforce a committee decision that involves refusing dispensation for 2 girls to stay with their families rather than with the team at the National Championships.

Still one call to make and this women is a bully who no one stands up to at all - awesome can't wait to get to be the one who does! I need that vodka!!!

Good luck Camlo!!

06/09/2013 at 03:53

Ugghhhh people are so unreasonable and unpleasant!!

Ah well, its done although guarantee it won't be the end of it! I'm turning my email off on my phone over the weekend because I don't want any nasty emails ruining my weekend!

06/09/2013 at 06:53

It's quite simple-parent, if you want your child to be in the team, they stay with the team, not with you!  Or they stay with you and they don't get to be in the team...........

yup you're right Hoggle, I wouldn't want to be the one to make the call either!

06/09/2013 at 09:05

Good on you, Hoggle. I find any form of confrontation really hard! Quite right to turn the email off too

Loving the idea of a taser. I could think of a few I would like to zap.

Good luck Camlo! You are mad but in the best possible way! Can't wait to get back out doing crazy things

Thank you for all of your kind words Wlll see my auntie tonight as it is her granddaughter's 18th birthday party. We're staying over at Mum's so will get properly pampered

A bit of a random question now. I am on the hunt for remotely tasteful nighties for after my C-section as the idea of PJ trousers isn't pleasant. Does anyone have any tips on where to get ones that won't make me look like a pensioner?! I wouldn't normally wear anything in bed but for decency's sake obviously need to get something for in hospital

06/09/2013 at 09:32

iWei ended up sending hubby out for vodka - entirely blaming you lot esp JT!! 

06/09/2013 at 09:33

Tatty, how funny - I have just had EXACTLY the same hunt! I though then usual places - m and S, next, John Lewis, all had nothing. Mothercare has one that is ok and so did next in the end. But...... PrimarK!!! Found one that was plain stretchy cotton, short, with a pretty lace top and spaghetti straps. Only £5! And I didn't want to spend a lot for something that might get trashed in hospital. So got 3, one in black, grey and burgundy. Dead pleased. They aren't maternity but fit over bump fine as they are stretchy and are dead comfy ( I.e they don't slip and expose your boobs!) so that's my tip! And figured I could pop there quarter length leggings underneath if I wanted more coverage during the day and with a cardi I'd be fairly decent. And not look like an old lady or a 10 year old. 

06/09/2013 at 09:41

Hubby got short thrift this morning when he commented on E's haircut.  It has taken me ages to find a time when I could get the kids to the hairdressers, finally had an after school appt yesterday, which meant practucally running from school to hairdressers in 30C heat and humidity, before running home to go to swimming.  I was a hot, tired, sticky mess by the end of it - and he firstly didn't notice M's hair - it's alot shorter! and then said he could have done a better job at E's himself!  He looks fab, sat really still like an angel, and the hairdresser, who is a running friend of mine, did a fab job!  Grrrr.  I swear if I dropped dead today only then would he realise quite how much I organise for the kids.

OK, rant over.  Better be nice to him tonight as he is having back procedure no 2 tomorrow under GA, more injections and radiofrequency ablation or something.  Who knows, sounds horrid.  I really hope it doesn't cripple him for ages like last time. 

On Sun I am going to radio 2s concert in hyde park - can't wait. 

06/09/2013 at 15:40

Hope hubby's surgery goes ok Caro. Agree "grrrrrr" to not noticing haircuts and the sheer effort of getting them. E did well by all accounts. My E has the screaming habdabs the second anyone comes near him with a hairbrush. Even me. He's currently working a Bieber-esque look (pre chop). 

Cincert sounds fun - who's playing? 

Tatty - so sorry to hear the sad news by the way. really puts stuff in perspective. 

And good luck for tomorrow! We're all rooting for you!! And yes, hope weather isn't too bad after all. I'm very admiring. And like Tatty, can't wait to line up a mad event of my own once I'm running again. Albeit not in the same league of madness! I know my limits! 

06/09/2013 at 15:41

Sorry, last paragraph was for Camlo! I omitted your name! Baby brain. 

06/09/2013 at 17:01

Manic st Preachers, jack Johnson, James Blunt, Jamie Cullum, Smokey Robinson (how old must he be??) Josh Groban and various others.  I just hope hubby is ok with the kids after his back thing tomorrow, but he is going to his folks so they can help a bit,

06/09/2013 at 20:13

Yep granny knickers rule. Still! i have massive Marks and Sparks full briefs. I also like my sloggi light control maxi pants . Kinda hold the jelly belly without cutting me in two. Massive size again tho! 

06/09/2013 at 22:07

Ta for tip re blood loss JT. That would have freaked me out a bit had I not known. Massive granny pants packed in hospital bag all ready to go. Tatty - when are you due again? Or when is your section? And yours JT? 

Line up sounds good Caro. Enjoy! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.