Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

36,981 to 37,000 of 43,658 messages
14/09/2013 at 22:30

thanks for ideas girls, only prob with transfer is that I have to do it tomorrow really and no shops nearby for supplies. Doubt it will need to be washable but glitter may fall off so needs to be durable ish? Guess I could make a stencil/ template out of thick card and just stitch over and over it (like you make a pompom) and sew it on? 

14/09/2013 at 22:36

if I had some wool...... 

14/09/2013 at 23:06

Went on a cable museum??  That should be cable car!

Have now eaten lamb tagine, drunk lots of wine, made rhubarb crumble and eaten said crumble!  

Today from our (London, surburban) garden I have eaten homegrown cucumber, beans, courgette, tomatos, chillis, lettuce, and sweetcorn.  Ah....the good life

Night all. 

15/09/2013 at 10:29

Sounds like some very busy weekends going on! My list is pretty short - I lay round reading while my parents were dogged by an adoring grand-daughter!! Luckily they love it! Great weekend at the farm. M was on great form and so pleased to be in her favourite place. Apparently a cow 'kissed' her when she was feeding out hay from the back of the truck - she and my dad are thick as thieves these days!

Yes my friend desperately needs a break. She's trying so hard to stay on top of things - has painted whole house, editing garden now, exercising etc but told me she feels like she's just keeping afloat above a deep dark pool - it is breaking my heart. They are wonderful people and do not deserve any of this.

I'm away for work one night this week - a LOT of driving for 1 meeting! Then only 2 weeks until I'm away for 5 days. Luckily hubby is on half term from his course so will have plenty of time to look after M and the house!!!

15/09/2013 at 18:11

Visited the Olympic Park today with our friends, definitely worth a visit for all the locals.  Great play area and nice cafe.  Will be fab in a yr when the whole thing is opened up again.  It was odd being back and trying to figure out where things used to be.  The giant RUN letters that I have on my FB page are still there.  No olympic rings sadly - the play area is right by the little slope where the rings were and in front of the basketball arena - which has also gone.  The play area was built with money from the London Marathon charitable trust, but I hope as well as giving money to build it there is lots of money to maintain it and keep it nice.

15/09/2013 at 21:34

Hello

have been skim reading but tried to log in a couple of times & couldn't hence not posting but have just changed password so hopefully I can get back on again.

bloomin well done CC, awesome effort lady. Hope u get a good sleep tonight & manage to drag yourself out of bed in the morning.

did a tri a couple of weeks ago in Oban on the west coast of Scotland, was great but very hard! The swim was changed & shortened due to the choppiness of the water which was a shame but I was secretly relieved!!! My first OW swim in the sea, salty water, yeuch. The cycle was a mountain bike cycle, pretty hard but fun. The run was a proper hill run, knackering. Finished in 2 hrs 6 mins. Great experience.

doing a novice tri in couple of wks that I did last year that really I should find easy (ier) than last year so hope to get a better time, fingers crossed that I don't fall of my bike as used mountain bike last year, have road bike this year n will be clipped in. Recipe for an embarrassing fall of am sure!!!

anyway can't really remember the crack as have just skim read but hope everyone's doing ok & I will try & keep up to date better now............x

15/09/2013 at 21:37

Oh was watching the great north run today & the the triathlon this afternoon, gosh they both had me on the edge of my seat shouting at the TV.  Inbetween I went for a MTB ride & got soaked, even my pants were muddy. Straight in the bath I was freezing.

i have been eating carp, doing crochet & having a glass of wine also ????

night shift tomorrow night

16/09/2013 at 00:03

Muddy underpants is the sign of a good MTB ride RF!!

16/09/2013 at 10:59

Well done CC, you are awesome!! 110k - wow. And I always think the last 10k of a marathon seems to go on forever, so I can't imagine how it must feel having already done 100k...Bit cruel on the organisers' part - surely 100k is far enough?! Hopefully you can get some rest today and in the coming days. 

Great effort on the tri, RF. I am in awe. Muddy pants is definitely a good sign

bit the bullet last night and joined the gym Went this morning and did some bike/elliptical stuff. Taking it veeeeeeerry easy. It does feel good to exercise without everything getting jiggled around though! Found a really cool bike that has a back support on it - it is basically like sitting in a chair and cycling. Ideal for pregnant ladies! 

16/09/2013 at 13:03

Did my recce of the 10k route with Eric this morning, and it was fine.  Bridges and gates all ok, and man aged an 8.20 pace so on the day I would love to get in under 50 mins.

16/09/2013 at 16:04

Wow Caro, that is amazing. Super speedy lady. I can't even manage that pace normally.

ooppps I just reversed the car into the car port concrete pillar & broke the back light, FFS, so annoyed with my self, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

no exercise done today, feels weird doing nothing. Working a night shift & will be up for about 27 hrs so thought it best to do as little as possible today. Just been trying to keep a toddler happy on a very wet, windy day

its really a depressing thought having to leave for work at 6.20 pm & knowing I won't be back until 9.15 am tomorrow 

yay to joining the gym Tatty. I know the bikes you mean, perfect for a pregnant lady I think!!

16/09/2013 at 19:28

Well done CC!  Outrageous to do extra miles though!

Caro - super speedy!

RF - aargh to the car.  So annoying!

TB - you are putting me to shame, not much exercise going on here!

16/09/2013 at 20:33

RF I am thinking of you and hoping it is ok.....and you may not be that speedy - but you do way way more mad things than running a flat as a pancake 10k with a buggy!!

I have heard from Minks on FB that she is doing it too......so now I am glad I will have the buggy excuse  Still have to have the all clear from them but am hopeful.

CC how was your day??  All I heard on radio 2 was Zoe Ball going on and on about how she'd run a whole 13 miles (couldn't even get the distance right) in the GNR yesterday, and how she had to walk downstairs backwards.  You should have e mailed in and said 'well actually I ran 100km yesterday.....)

16/09/2013 at 23:31

Phew CC you are a machine!!! Your list of things you've done today makes me feel tired and that's without the recovering from 112km tacked on!!!

I'm suffering from severe motivation deficit!! I'm going to Tauranga tomorrow for a meeting, I have to present to a committee on my findings from the first part of the service review I have done - I have been putting off finishing things u for a couple of weeks and now its tomorrow (and I'm driving most of the day) and I'm STILL putting it off! What is wrong with me?!!!

17/09/2013 at 08:26

Urrgghh hubby is in a FOUL mood tonight. He's feeling stressed about his course (doing fine but wants to be the best) and man do I know about it!! I'm actually glad to be escaping for a couple of days for a work trip!!

17/09/2013 at 13:09

Oh dear Hoggle Hope the mojo and a cheerful hubby return soon! Perhaps the break (albeit with work) might do you both good

CC - unfortunately no crèche but I am hoping that with Ben's new job, he will be more flexible with childcare . Definitely off to buy myself some poles now I know they work for bingo wings...surely you haven't got any though?!?

Caro, really hope you get the go-ahead to do the race! 

News is on but I am going to have to turn it over. All about poor little Daniel Pelka

Feeling a bit grumpy today. Lack of sleep to blame! JP came in to me at 5, crying that he had had a nightmare. Fair enough, I thought, but then he tells me it was because h didn't win the Octonauts playset that he has entered a competition for.  He snuggled up to me then, only for him to announce 15 mins later (as I had just drifted back off to sleep) that he had wet himself!!!!!! He NEVER does that! And in my bed!!!!! The cheek of it. Cue stripping of bed etc and didn't then get back to sleep at all because naughty Frances starting kicking! Early nights all round tonight, methinks

17/09/2013 at 13:21

Oh no TB!  Hope you are having a quiet day now!

17/09/2013 at 14:00

Just listening to the Jeremy vine thing on radio 2 about immigrants and they are interviewing a woman who came to the uk with nothing from hong kong and had to walk 4 hrs a day to get to college as she couldn't afford the tram, but she was so determined she did it.  She now runs her own company. They should make people who can't be bothered to work and who are happy on handouts listen to this!

oh dear tatty.  I would not be impressed with that!

17/09/2013 at 19:57

Oh no TB that's not good!!!

had a chat with hubby this morning ahost finding a better way to deal with stress!!!! He apologised for being unreasonable so now I can go away without leaving things unresolved. Looking forwacouple being just me and my audiobook in the car though!

17/09/2013 at 20:07

CC - awesome race, looking forward to your usual epic race report.  I can't believe the 'extra' you ran is way longer than I have run in one go for a long time!

Caro, you are right, people have become so used to their 'entitlements' now, grr.

Driving home last night, I got to within about 150 yards of our house and the road was flooded, there was a fire engine and an ambulance and what looked like a car bumper on the road.  I stopped and one of the members of staff (I live on a gated golf club) came and told me I could drive around the fire engine but to keep to the right side of the road.  I asked what had happened and he pointed to the 'bumper' and explained that a sink hole had opened up and what looked like a bumper was all that was visible of the car that had fallen in.  The lady who was in the car had got out OK thankfully but it has really shaken me up.  I keep thinking about what I would have done if it had been me with both boys strapped in their seats in the back.  It must have happened really quickly, absolutely terrifying.  I think there must have been a water leak which washed away the sand and earth under the road until eventually the tarmac gave way.  Horrible horrible.

Sorry but forgotten all I read now.  Hoggle, hope your husband can get into a better frame of mind.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.