Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,001 to 37,020 of 43,501 messages
17/09/2013 at 20:09

X post Hoggle, glad you have talked things over.

17/09/2013 at 20:44

Oh no TT, that is scary.  Hopefully just a one off! I often wonder what I would do with three of them if anything happened when we were driving somewhere!

18/09/2013 at 00:52

Oh TT that is scary, there are a number of collapsed mineworkings 

around here which scare living daylights out of me. One is big hole 

with very noisy waterfall inside it that is all fenced off at side of a 

trail. One is local rd that was closed a couple of yrs back bcos 

big patch of rd sunk, but it gets used by walkers and runners (me) u just run around the sunken bit very quickly. The third happened 

long time ago in local village 2miles from me, the kids playground collapsed into an old mine 

and 2 children died. It was infilled and is now a memorial garden 

for the 2 children and the victims of a train crash that happened in same 

village. It does make u a bit freaked out some times, thinking the ground could just open up and swallow u.

18/09/2013 at 07:17

Ooh JT did you have Tatiana?  She looked very calm and relaxing!!  Some of the others were a bit keen on it being medical I thought but she was even getting stressed about the chance of the placenta being retained!

18/09/2013 at 09:30

i thought the warm towels thing was a bit 'woo'. but i guess anything that helps / distracts at that point is probably a good idea. didn't catch the whole program, but did wonder why they were ALL on their backs on the bed. and the girl that was told to get back on the bed because 'you don't want to have your baby on the floor'. errr... I had E on the floor. no-one told me i couldn't! and you couldn't have persuaded me to move if you'd wanted me to. although the midwife did say 'I think we do need to take your trousers off before baby's born into them' and I wasn't happy about moving to do that either - haha. but then this was a home birth...

18/09/2013 at 10:00

Must remember to download it onto the i pad before my flight tomorrow.  Can't believe I'm going and will be child free for a whole week........Of course Eric has suddenly become very 'mummy mummy mummy' so I think he's going to be a sad boy

Got my 5k race on Sat with big sis - don't know anything about it, hope it's flat!  Then Sat afternoon we are going to riverfest - an all afternoon/evening all you can eat/drink music festival down by the river, with tonnes of crab to eat - yummy! 

18/09/2013 at 11:06

Ooh, exciting, Caro! Hope you have a great time. Whenever I have had time away from JP, he was even more cuddly when I arrived home. He is definitely a mummy's boy too, but absolutely fine when I was away

TTid, that is so scary . It does make you think sometimes when things like that happen. Hope you are otherwise OK at the moment x

JT, how cool to see your MW on the telly! I love mine so much - shame that it won't be her when I have the baby. She is a bit scatty but very experienced and really puts me at ease. 

CM, hope your house is vom free...LOL at the trousers! 

Just about recovered from my tired day yesterday I was zonked out by about 9.30! 

18/09/2013 at 13:54

yes, we are vom free, and if she voms now, it won't be my problem as they are with T. although the last time there was vom there, it was awful and he didn't clean it up and then everyone ended up being ill for ages. so in a way i would rather it was here so i can bleach the hell out of everything!

just had a VERY funny moment. walked down into the village to try and get my prescription (pharmacist on lunch - argh). anyway, on the way back, i walked past an elderly lady with an equally elderly dog. they were in the middle of the pavement, so i went around the outside, and as i walked past, she noticed me and pulled her dog out of my way. i said 'thank you', and she said, in a cheery but doddery voice 'that's alright my darling'. there was then a pause and she said in a still doddery but very much louder voice 'nice ARSE'. i actually laughed out loud at that! she was 80 if she was a day! perchance a bit senile? but when you're old, why not say disgraceful things, eh?

18/09/2013 at 18:40

JT - there weren't any doctors though were there? only midwives that i saw (only saw last half hour). I was on my back with J at Caerphilly but only because I was pushing him out when I got there and they literally hoiked me on the bed, I pushed a few times and he was out. there was no time for any discussions. It's definitely easier for them to see that way, but you can't help thinking it can't be the best position!  yuck to the loo though. what was that all about?

18/09/2013 at 20:12

They should really have birthing stools, instead they get people to sit On the loo!

18/09/2013 at 21:34

so if you are high risk, you have to be on your back, which then makes it even more difficult to deliver? hmmm...

just swum a mile. was rather pleasant actually

18/09/2013 at 22:34

Nice arse is hilarious CM. no doubt true of course but still v v funny! Haven't watched midwives yet. Will do. Watched the 3 day nanny tonight. 

Have a fab time with your sister Caro. And yes CC - well impressed with race - & can't wait for report! TTid - shocker about sink hole. That would have shAiken me up big time too. Golly. Sorry to those things I've missed. Been reading but finding it hard to get time to post properly. Night all. 

18/09/2013 at 22:34

I wear purple too, why wouldn't u, I love purple. 

I have quinny buzz, had it for 5.5yrs and never had a problem 

with it, except it has a puncture just now and they don't have 

small inner tubes in local bike shop. They have a cracking cositoes 

with them. I used to run with mine too, very easy to push. Can b a pain to 

fold dwn sometimes but I rarely do, it just sits in garage ready to go, I just keep 

umbrella buggy or back carrier in car for car trips.

18/09/2013 at 22:39

boo to nightmares and wet bed, sink holes eek , being too busy for beavers, morning rushes and arguements over uniforms, puke and having to labour on the loo

Yippee to cheeky pensioners, clearing the air with hubby, jetting off to see a big sis, swimming a mile and seeing your midwife on TV.

Still coughing so reluctantly sent request to defer my triathlon. 

No idea on quinny but I hated my pliko pramette if that helps JT! 

19/09/2013 at 05:35

They did ask me to sit on the loo with my last labour.  I declined!  I sat in the ball instead which luckily did the trick as they wanted to start messing with breaking my waters and things.

19/09/2013 at 08:10

I watched 3 day nanny too.... watch out boys, I am a new woman this morning and I am taking NO CRAP!!!!

Strong Mums unite ..... oh got to go Archie. is ringing his bell..... 

19/09/2013 at 09:55

95% of the time the buzz folds up really easily, just once in a 

while it sticks and takes a few attempts, which is fine if u have a hatchback people carrier and 

are not getting drenched in the rain while taking 3 attempts to fold it up.

Felt sorry for that poor guy on the nanny thing, he was obviously quite 

damaged by his own neglected childhood and had gone too 

far the other way. What lucky little boys to have such a loving, hands on daddy.

19/09/2013 at 10:06

I watched it last night and yes, definitely from what I've heard/seen, once you have the monitor on your belly you are pretty much confined to the bed.  You'd think they'd have designed a wireless system by now?!  I had Sophie on my back but that was only because the midwives thought she was breech so rushed me to hospital, so I lay on the bed for the doctor to examine me and declared that she was the right way round and I could start pushing!  I do seem to remember hubby saying "I thought you didn't want to be on your back" and me declaring that I couldn't be bothered to move!

Nicky, on the other hand, was born in the hospital bath with me kneeling leaning on the side of the bath!  The  midwife got there pretty much in time to catch him so no problems about not being able to see what was going on !

Had a right 'mare of an evening last night, after I got a phone call on the way back from school (while in the park!) asking if I could cover a class this morning and all day Friday.  Said I had to check childcare and could I ring them back in an hour, so did that but then no-one answered and no-one else seemed to have a clue who would have rung me!   So sat planning a lesson last night just in case, late to bed, then Nicky woke at 3am with croup so is off nursery today and therefore I can't work anyway!  Grr all round!  I didn't even bother ringing them this morning, they obviously weren't that desperate!

In addition to that, I saw the b**** who made me leave the youth club a year ago, don't know if any of you will remember, in Asda, and she completely ignored me (although I ignored her too!) and I kind of wish she'd said something - like an apology would be nice.  But anyway it made me stew on the whole thing again, how everyone believed her and no-one even said goodbye to me when I left .  Wish I could stop dwelling on things!

Sorry bit of a me rant there. Bit miffed at only getting 1.5 days work, but everyone is the same unless they're permanent staff, but doesn't really make you feel valued.

I'm just miffed because I wanted to go to Meadowhall shopping centre and spend my birthday money this morning 

Happy hols Caro!

Camlo - you go girl!  I had an awful day with Nicky yesterday, although looking back it was probably because he was under the weather and I made him walk to school and back, and I was grumpy 

Agh forgotten everything!

19/09/2013 at 22:13

Sounds like you need a hug JG ((()))

20/09/2013 at 00:35

Great report CC!! I cant believe that you can say after 20 miles I was feeling great - errrrr not in my world - ever!! You are a legend!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.