Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,041 to 37,060 of 43,664 messages
24/09/2013 at 18:52

Oh, yes, I clicked on a link on AOL earlier which claimed to have photos of Tamara Ecclestone on the beach with her baby bump on display.  LOL to 'baby bump', not sure I've ever had such a flat stomach! 

24/09/2013 at 20:14

JT, your job sounds seriously stressful at the moment.  Did the parent think that if you are going to tell a child off for bad behavior then you must not reward them for anything on the same day?  Nutter, I don't know how you deal with them.  What are the implications of Barnados being involved?

24/09/2013 at 20:46

Thanks everyone - you're all so lovely . As you may have seen, i have been somewhat distracted by other things today so the black clouds haven't had chance to surface! and I definitely felt better after the gym, albeit with the wee problems...

Excited about getting the new car! It will probably be some time next week when we have it as we need to get our number plate transferred over. I will try and post a pic on FB. I see CM has a lovely new car too - must be the season! 

Oh dear JT, things just go from bad to worse with that class. I don't blame you for counting down! 

Vixo, agree with JT that it's very much trial and error with hilly races. I usually try to keep up my average planned pace on the flats, with + 1 minute per mile (or more if the hill is bad) on the ups, and slightly faster on the downs. I prefer something with a few inclines in as I love downhill running! My local HM (Potters 'Arf) notoriously hilly (with the hill at mile 11 - cruel!) being known as 'Heartbreak Hill' - not sure it can rival its Boston namesake but there you go! I love the race though as it also has sections of long steady downs. This strategy is based on trying to keep an even effort throughout which seems to work for me.

Exciting news on the Masters, Camlo! Agree it is hard work but well worth it in the end. 

CC - if you are reading this, you need to go and study It sounds really interesting what you are doing. I quite fancy a more sciency type course to study sometimes. Anatomy and physiology etc really interests me! 

24/09/2013 at 21:23

JT - urgh - sounds like a nightmare at work!  Hope you aren't too stressed!

Tatty - glad you are feeling a bit more cheery, please don't dwell on people's comments, so annoying that so many people always have something to say!!

CC - loved the race report too, you will have no doubt covered more ground in one race than i have done all year (oops!!).

I was brewing a cold last weekend so yet again didn't get out for a run.  I've also dropped my last breast feed so I have me back again, but think despite there only having been one feed a day for quite a while that my hormones still were a bit wacky so I was quite moody.  

My three are definitely exhausing - Benedict is causing lots of trouble climbing on anything and everything.  Foxes keep pooing in the garden so I can't put him out there either unless i have a good check - annoying!

Brookie - hope move goes well!

24/09/2013 at 22:39

Must be the week for frustrations and annoyances and black clouds! I'll send some of our awful wind to blow them all away!!

Hubby has managed to line up work experience at a really excellent company and if he fits in well after a month they will start paying him and should hopefully (fingers tightly crossed) lead into an apprenticeship for next year! He is sooooo thrilled (as am I obviously but its so great to see him so excited about this).

Really really need to get off here and start working - I am SLACK at the moment (downside of working from home). I really need a kick up the butt because I certainly have plenty to do, just no drive to do it!!

25/09/2013 at 13:54

Blimey had a bit of a mammoth read to catch up, and then read CCs race report which I really enjoyed. Well done that woman!

Madly busy here as usual. This working three days lark is taking a bit of getting used too, the actual work bit is no problem, but being out of the house for three days a week is. I feel like I am never getting on top of housework, washing etc and things seem generally more chaotic than ever. It doesn't help that kids have after school and evening activities every night of the week either. By the time I get up, run, make 6 packed lunches, get kids dressed/showered if need be, bags packed for school, bags packed for after school sports - athletics, gymnastics, football, netball, music clubs, swimming. and then get myself showered and out of the house after the school bus has been I genuinely feel like I have done a days work rather than just ready to start it! Hey ho The hubby isn't being much help either but won't go into that rant for now!

So much for more training now that all the kids are at school - it has been less because I have so much to catch up with on my 2 days in the house. This weekend we were also out the house both days so no catchup time then. Em had a birthday sleepover on Fri night when they didn't sleep at all until between 6 - 9AM!  then I took them all to town for girly treats on Saturday. Then we had an athletics competition and prize giving all day Sunday so were out of the house from 10am - 10pm. I an our club home comp organiser so I was pretty maxed out getting things in place the week before and then doing the results on the day. Anyhoo we survived.

So today Emily is 10! Another into double digits, can't believe it. My babies are growing up too quickly.

I sympathise with you TattyB but I am sure you look fabby and that it is all baby. I had a similar type of comment a week or two ago which got me all stressed out. Someone at pilates "complimented" me on how well I was looking just now as my hair is different (not really!) and she said she was worried about me a couple of months ago as I looked so thin. So then I got all paranoid that I had put on weight (I joked at the time it was due to all the wine drinking over the summer!) Sigh and as much as I tell myself not to dwell on it and that I haven't put on weight there is this other little voice that starts too... Anyway.

Camlo - you are very brave to go for your masters, total respect. I don't think I could go back to studying. Like CC I am so last minute and HATED being a student but sometimes I do get the notion.

Well done on your half Vixo. Go for the flat option and bag a stunning PB!

TurboT - cannot believe O is on his feet! Where does time go. Hope hubby isn't away too long.

Kinsey - got a bit muddled up reading your post and thought Benedict kept pooing in the garden and attracting the foxes! Glad you have got you back again!

JT - sounds like a total nightmare class. Those 27.5 days can't pass quickly enough!

Hope the move goes smoothly Brookie.

And waves to RF tangy and Hoggle and anyone else I have missed! No time for any more, better get back to work!

Edited: 25/09/2013 at 13:57
25/09/2013 at 14:14

Wave back to lotte  

Please try to focus on comment that u were too thin a few 

months back and now look good

25/09/2013 at 15:47

Hello. I second tt there lotte. This lady thinks you look good, that's the great thing - you're looking good NOW! 

Awe struck at idea of anyone doing a masters. After sol ad this year I am never ever doing another exam.

Lou has her pal round to play.  she's been super excited but I can hear her whining that they are to share so who knows how it's going to go. 

class sounds hell jt. 

also in awe of ultra runners (or yuk tree rubbers per auto correct!) 

brookie good luck with move and ttid I hope that it all works out. We are trying to re mortgage just now and I can't stand the stress so could not cope with yours! 

25/09/2013 at 18:34

Lotte, as ever I broke into a little sweat just reading about your life - living it would probably kill me!

Hoggle, if you find something that successfully kicks you up the butt, please send it over to me.  I am useless at the moment.  I am in work all on my own as Mr TT and our other full time employee are in California together and I have loads to do but can't seem to get anything useful done - Facebook and Candy Crush are my guilty pleasures today .

Some of you might have seen the picture I posted onto FB yesterday of O's blister on his arm.  Camlo suggested molluscum which I initially thought it wouldn't be but after popping yesterday it was up again this morning and he also has something similar on his hand.  Nursery haven't said anything so I'm going to keep my head down and my fingers crossed for now.  Poor little O definitely has more health issues than M had.

EF, good luck with the play date.  I'm sure the whole 'sharing' concept will become a little more familiar to Lou once F is a little bigger, she has had that charmed life of being number one in your house for so long that it's probably a little alien to  her!  Also fab news that F has gained so much weight.

25/09/2013 at 18:38

Yes definitely our own perception of our size can b way off, 

I thought I was fat b4 I had kids when I was 9stone, which at 5ft 7 is 

thin but healthy. At the other end of the scale I had no idea til I seen 

myself in photos just how big I was at 16st 5 and now I am in between it varies. Sometimes I see photos and think 

OMG I look much thinner than I think I am, then I see photo 

in running gear and think OMG I look much bigger than I think I do. 

So I find it's safer to go by weight/bmi and clothes size to judge where I am size wise. The mirror and photos 

r not a good method.

25/09/2013 at 21:53

Thanks JT, no word from nursery today so I'm assuming he's not broken out all over in hideous blisters!

Oh jeez, the mirror is not my friend at the moment, Mr TT and I have stopped drinking for a few weeks (not that I was a heavy drinker) and are seeing the benefits of that but not got the exercise and food intake under control yet.  Still look pregnant....

Tangy, you look so good in the photos we see of you, still struggle to see that you have so much weight left to lose.

Lotte, loved the photo of your clan, they are a lovely looking bunch of kids.  What is the birthday girl clasping so firmly in front of her in the picture?

25/09/2013 at 21:56

I second TTid, Lotte - read through what you manage to achieve and felt in awe (and a bit freaked!!). You only need to think of the wide range of comments you get about bump size when you're pregnant (huge about to pop and oh gosh your tiny on same day spring to mind!) to realise that everyone has a different perception of how you and they look.

I hope O's spots clear up on their own Ttid - are they painful? We have had a rough couple of days with M behavious-wise. She started showing a lot of interest in the toilet (asking to sit on it and wipe her bum after doing a poo in her nappy etc) so got a stool and seat and suggested that she might like to use it to do poos on. Woah - total freak out! And then some really clingy drop-offs at daycare, general whineyness etc so I think it was clearly too much too soon and she's not ready. Frankly I'm glad, I'd rather wait til summer at the least!! So were forgetting about it completely for a while. Must admit after a really unpleasant evening I was thinking that I'm secretly looking forward to a few days away next week even if it will be super busy! Took a lot more time getting ready for daycare this morning and no tears and happy to be left so need to focus on that for a while!

26/09/2013 at 20:50

So Lou just said the f word. Admittedly it followed on from reading the word yuck but she sure knew what she was up to. And she said it to grandma in front of me. How does one deal with that? I've demanded to know who has said that - she won't tell me,  is saying she made the word up. This is not true though cos she has a great big guilty smirk on her face. I've told her if I hear her say it again I will ban telly until after Christmas. I actually meant that too. But what to do? I am sure it's her best pal at school who's said it. she was round here yesterday and it wasn't the amazing time she hoped for. Lou struggled with the girl hauling out all her stuff and showing no regard for it. My wallpaper got marked which I'm unimpressed at too. right now I can't decide if I need wine or chocolate more. 

26/09/2013 at 21:05

Oh I would have both EF!!!! I would just explain that saying that word is not allowed & explain why & give a consequence if she says it again. It's difficult though. 

R comes out of her room every night & comes up & down the stairs several times for different things. A drink, a waffle, the toilet ( has an en suite!) can't sleep, etc etc. normally still awake 1.5 hrs later. So tonight I warned her that if she came downstairs tonight I would take her diary/ notebook of her. Told her did she understand what I had just said & made her repeat it back to me. Anyway so far so good, she is still in her room!

26/09/2013 at 21:13

Ah the joys of toddlers Hoggle, right monkies eh. Defo wait until properly ready to potty train, waist of time & effort  if not ready in my opinion.

lotte- u look fab & oh my your life sounds chaos!!!

wetsuits are the most unforgiving things ever, worse than running gear. I look like an elephant I really do. Horrible.

huge shock( not!) usual rejection letter from London yet again. 

Met some ladies today( wife's of some of the men in the cycle club) for a ride. Was fab. We did 12.2 miles then sat on one of the ladies decking as it was sunny and had coffee, cake & chat. Was lovely. Mostly forest tracks but some single track stuff also. Couple of them pretty fast n experienced but we went an easy pace so grand although totally knackered tonight!

-am doing the Nairn novice tri on Sat.

26/09/2013 at 21:20

Evening all. Reading but struggling. badly.

Camlo    pirate
26/09/2013 at 21:59

boo to flippant comments making us paranoid, blisters (molluscum or foot and mouth?), black clouds, being stupid busy, packing to move, housework, the wetsuit look and saying the F word (Tom was saying rhyming words and shouted it out in front of my aunt once).

Yippee to birthdays, vegging out, new cars and bike rides.

Not sure whether I will actually do the masters, have to find out more and then see if I can get funding, do the travel, find the time etc etc.... 

London - A rejection for me and hubby too (he was delighted not to get a place). 

Big hugs CM, saw that you had had lots of driving today which can't help. 

26/09/2013 at 23:06

Hugs to you CM ((()))

I have my friend who lost her baby earlier this year coming to stay with her partner and another couple (all old school friends). I'm so looking forward to seeing her but will be sad also.

My stairs were going well CC until my physio showed me how I should be doing it (ie. wihout stupid knee dropping in so I have to concentrate much more now. I skipped it this morning as a mens cricket team appeared to have gathered at the bottom of the stairs I use an audience while I slowly walked up the steps in the correct manner!

Just listening to the news on the radio and a Chinese man has grown a new nose on his forhead to replace one that was removed in a car accident - bizzare!

Happy weekends everyone!

26/09/2013 at 23:24

18month old boy I childmind went throo stage a 

few months back of saying f**k sake a lot after hearing his 

daddy say it, caused much hilarity amongst the other kids. 

He also used to point at cars and shout 'man-van-car' which sounded more like man w*nker, could b very 

embarrassing. 

Fortunately it passed.

27/09/2013 at 08:56

LOL TT! EF, I would definitely have had the wine and the chocolate, as RF says! Well, no wine for me ATM but I am sure that will soon change once baby is out

Hugs to you CM xxx

Boo to marathon rejections. I didn't bother this year as I had just found out I was pg and could not be arsed with another rejection (this would have been the sixth in a row). There has to be a better system, surely?!

Lotte, you truly look amazing! I know what you mean about the looking 'well' thing though...I hate it when people say that to me!

LOL at th cricketers, Hoggle! that would have put me off too for sure. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.