Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,101 to 37,120 of 47,622 messages
20/10/2012 at 15:13
Eek JT!! I've had whooping cough and right enough I coughed for literally weeks.

CM good in a way that they now have a cause but poor lady!
20/10/2012 at 15:28
Oh no Cm! At least they got the right organ...

Vixo - think my flu and pneumonia jabs might be waiting now. Mum's just said an old remedy is lots of vit c which won't do any harm. Not looking forward to what lies ahead with this, the coughing fits are horrific.

Ef - were you an adult or child? Feel like I'm coughing my insides out...
20/10/2012 at 16:19

Oh no JT...whooping cough. Hope that it clears up soon.The cardiff thing is just awful. What makes someone do something like that?

I've had my flu and need to wait til 28 weeks for whooping cough jab.

Had a nice run in the fog this morning 5 miles, which is more of a plod now. Just managed to keep below 9 m/m. I think the main reason I am slowing is that I am keeping stride short and my feet closer to the ground so there is less impact. I haven't had any more problems on my pelvic floor and cervix, so I think the baby must have been in a bad position. Then we had a nice time at Apple day  which is an Autumn festival held at an apple farm. Leila had her face painted...a nice tiger (very girly) and had a nice mooch round the stalls.

Just seen Lottes 5k ladies win on FB. Good for her.

Caro - tantrum sounds like a nightmare. What do you do ignore her or try to reason with her?

We are off to a friends for dinner this evening, then my Mum is doing a roast lunch for us tomorrow so no cooking now until Monday - yippee!!

MM- cakes are super! Enjoy the party.

20/10/2012 at 17:21
Child JT but was about 12. It wasn't fun.
20/10/2012 at 17:25

Aww, interesting about the jab Vixo, B had his final set of injections yesterday and he was not amused!

JT - hope something works for you soon, they did give Aidan Singulair but his cough didnt go and one of the side affects in the literature is a cough??  Still a bit confused by that.

CM - eek to appendicitis, hope your friend is okay.

Well done to Lotte!

20/10/2012 at 18:44
Mostly ignore, but yesterday she was absolutely hysterical and I had to get her to calm down so we could walk home. So it was no tv all weekend unless you etc etc,

School disco was fun, they have this very hip black guy, who I assume is a dad, who always does the music at these things, and you can tell he loves it as much as the kids.

Going to mount fitchet castle tomorrow-anyone been?
20/10/2012 at 18:52
So would we have had whooping cough vacs as kids or not?
20/10/2012 at 19:18
Oh dear to whooping cough JT, sounds grim. You will just have to rest and re cooperate as much as possible ver the next few weeks until you can get rid of it. Hugs x
Anj - yay to the run but take it very easy, it's not worth hurting yourself over. And yippee to the no cooking, lucky you, enjoy
Sounded a topping tantrum Caro, nightmare but gald the disco went well!
I thought we got whooping cough vac as kids but not sure.
Ahhhhhh it's a wee shame when they get their jags Kinsey isn't it
Wow to Lotte & her speedy kids who would beat me, sob sob!!!!! Her trip sounds like fun.
Just used the roller for 20 mins whilst watching strictly and now have ice on my foot. It's really sore to walk without shoes on.
Went swimming today. I nipped in and did 20 lengths and then hubby took the two bigger girls in and M and I sat and watched. Didn't want to take her in as her finger is bandaged. Have water in my right ear now, annoying.
Hope everyone's having nice Saturdays x
20/10/2012 at 19:21
Oh and I've just finished reading a book about a guy training and competing in an American ironman. Wow amazing I so want to do one now!!!!!! Hahahahaha
20/10/2012 at 19:38
Hmm, these things are always great when you hear about someone else doing it Rf

Caro - theoretically yes, you should be vaccinated as it was standard. I was,never vaccinated as a baby as there was a scare that the jab could brain damage babies in the mid '70s. I was starved of oxygen at birth for six minutes and consequently mum was basically advised against it until I was older as until I was two I was assessed for potential brain damage. Had the jab at four apparently. wonder if there was a mess up and I only had a booster, not the full course. Also, there's concern that immunity waits over time leaving adults susceptible again.

Ef - almost an adult then!

Ang- good job I'm not contagious on here! Good running though!

Great running from lotte too, and I vouch for a rather bumpy park run at crystal palace!

Kinsey - Singulair has a scary list of side effects! Interestingly there's a study going on about its effectiveness in whooping cough.

Right, story time upstairs!
20/10/2012 at 19:44

RF - I highly recommend swimming ear plugs!

20/10/2012 at 20:15
I have had measles, German measles, whooping cough and chickenpox. I never got mumps tho my sister did. I'm trying to work out what I actually got any jags for!
20/10/2012 at 20:40
This is the first childhood disease I've had
20/10/2012 at 20:46
Sneaking in for a quick look
Boo to whooping cough (sounds awful), appendix (putrid is a lovely word...), tantrums (good for sticking to your guns), injuries ((RF)).
Yippee to birthday cakes, being 1st lady (again...), speedy kids (yep would beat me too), new running gear, still running when preg (glad it is less painful), good books, being inspired (that's what life is about, right??), slow cooking and fab days out (apple days and parties).
busy day here with swimming lessons, aldi shop, chippy lunch then massive tidy up as debris was hurled off the scaffold to start dismantling it tomorrow. Outside of extension is virtually done so now we can focus on the inside.
Sis looking after kids in the morning so I can do Ron Skilton half in Llanwrtyd which is guaranteed tough, through streams, mud etc and 3000ft of hills. Will post once I've pulled out my toe nails.....

Ps car is fab but a bit nervous about taking a car load to the race tomorrow, may have to shower them all off before i let them back in for the return home.
20/10/2012 at 23:16
Camio - good luck for tomorrow's race. Am very envious of your new car, will have to find myself a second hand car salesman to go on holiday with so I can get a new car too.

Caro - yes, we've been to Mt Fitchet Castle. Kids loved it there esp as when we went they had a bunch of chicks in the village and the girls got to hold them. Hope it doesn't rain when you go as we spent ages outside exploring the Norman village. Toy museum worth a look while you're there too although think maybe we enjoyed it more than the kids as they had loads of toys from the 70s that hubby and I both remembered having.

JT - whooping cough sounds rubbish so hope they can give you something that helps.

Hungover this morning after mum's night out last night at the local pub. Was lots of fun though so worth the headache! Sleep needed now though - hope everyone has a happy Sunday. Goodnight all!
21/10/2012 at 07:50
Oh good luck with the half Camlo, sounds hard but fun n muddy. Good luck getting mud clad runners back in the clean car )))
Sounded a braw night out Karen, hope you had a good sleep and got rid of the hangover!!!
Enjoy the castle Caro and crew.
Really misty here this morning. Shame I can't run, grrrrrrrrrrrr. Wll do a MTB ride instead.
21/10/2012 at 07:52
And wow EF you had lots of childhood illnesses. Just the chicken pox I had!
Thanx for the swimming ear plug tip Caro. Will have to get some.
Ordered some kinesio tape yesterday, bit like KT tape so I can tape my niggles!!!!
21/10/2012 at 08:52
Change of plan due to iffy weather-Karen we're going to the 12.30 session at leyton leisure lagoon if you fancy it!
21/10/2012 at 09:46

Caro - we're off to my mum's today for lunch but would definitely be up for meeting up at the lagoon another time as the kids love the slides there. Have fun!

Got out for 5 miles this morning and aside from the usual nagging in my right leg felt okay. Amazing how much easier it is to get up and out early after having just one glass of wine on a Saturday night rather than the usual 3 or 4 .

21/10/2012 at 13:27
Help! Childminder saying she thinks she can't have Archie tomorrow in case he might have whooping cough. He's been immunised (so far) and has no symptoms. Does anyone know where I can get help?!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.