Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,141 to 37,160 of 47,221 messages
22/10/2012 at 22:22
Ang, nothing came back with the urine. My friends little girl, 4.5, randomly wees herself anywhere and everywhere, and they had blood tests, urine tests etc and nothing came back.
Kinsey the first thing I say to m as soon as she leaves the classroom is have you done a wee, and if she hasn't she goes straight back in and does one, as otherwise she will never make it home!
MM glad that cafe is good, I'm looking forward to Sat breakfast. Where are you guys this wk end?
22/10/2012 at 22:28
That sounds like my kind of visit to the GP The chocolate fingers, that is, not the coughing fit! Poor you, JT, it sounds horrific. I had whooping cough when I was about 3 so don't remember it really. Definitely the best way!

Oh yes, EF, I have done that before with chocolate...As you say, definitely best she doesn't have any if it's out of date!

Good news in the dry nights, Karen, long may that continue. So frustrating when they keep doing it. Anjelicals, JP still sometimes wets his pants even now, and he is 5!!! His problem is when he gets engrossed in something and CBA to go

Cats are settling in nicely We haven't introduced them to the other two yet but they know each other's smells! They don't seem too worried about it so fingers crossed. We brought the new ones downstairs before for a look around and they made themselves quite at home. Will post regular updates!
23/10/2012 at 09:08

New forest Caro. Going to PPW on Sat Staying for 3 nights with bro, SIL and my niece.

Love my cats but sadly they get ignored quite a bit now . I do feed them though!! . Both 13 next year, time flies...

23/10/2012 at 14:25

at work

my dog is 6 & gets mostly ignored although she is lovely, like a big teddty bear when visitors stroke her she loves it as we never get the time!!!

Yikes to the cough JT, sounds horrible. Hope your taking it easy.

Tatty- glad cats are settling in well. My hubby hates cats so we'll never be getting one. He's nae that keen on the dog to be honest but doesnt seem to mind the chickens..........dont think hes that keen on me though!!!!! LOL.

EF- thats the plus of being a mummy!! Hide in the utility room and eat the sweeties!!!! i do it lots, tututut *hangs my head in shame*!!!!!!

Yay to dry nights, boo to piddly pants in the day.

So sad when its the end on an era; as you remember finishing BF nearly broke me!!! Not looking forward to the end of cots n buggies!!! I just love all things babies; well apart from the sleepless nights maybe!!!!

Oh forgotten everything else sorry as its on the pther page and my memory is like a seive.

23/10/2012 at 14:45

In fact only just remembered needed to ask the neighbour to look after the cats this weekend for us. Just ran round next door, so job done!

Thought it had gone quiet. S was pestering me and charging around. Next thing I know it's dead quiet. Just went upstairs and she had taken herself to bed. All tucked up. Bless her little heart!!

Best wake her up actually. School run!!

Yes I just scoffed some of the boys birthday cake while S not looking. It is a nice cake and still quite a lot of it to eat!!

23/10/2012 at 17:33

Sorry to be a pedant, but shouldn't that be Mums' running club?

Apostrophes are important.

Thank you. 

23/10/2012 at 18:26

It would depend if you wanted to denote posession though wouldn't it Rickster?  If you were referring to the plural then it would be incorrect, which in this case, it is a running club for mums, ergo, the apostrophe should not be used.

23/10/2012 at 18:55
Well said JT!
23/10/2012 at 19:35

23/10/2012 at 20:42

!

JT - that sounds totally and utterly grim ((())), very glad they've found a reason though at least, so hopefully onwards and upwards!

I wasn't nostalgic for passing of all things baby, but finding I am very nostalgic these days, now J is 8 he is noticably morphing from that 'little boy' and it's quite sad but lots of fun all rolled in together, and madam is changing all the time too so equally sad and grown up

I'm always scoffing stuff I shouldn't, namely the chocolate buttons in the fridge the kids have a few of each day

ummm - haven't read back much I'm afraid. Busy busy here, so much so I can't remember whats what!!  We decided to go camping down in Glenmore on Sunday/Monday, so just for one night ... it was -5 on Sunday night!!! Still can't believe the kids were OK, apparently they got too hot - meanwhile I was wearing everything I owned!  Great bike ride on Sun late afternoon round Loch Morlich, S did about 4 miles of it but she's full of cold so she bailed with hubby early and J and I completed the route - was awesome hammering down some of the trails in the late autumn sunlight, not a soul around and beautiful colours!  Yesterday we parked up where the funicular railway goes up Cairngorm and walked out into one of the corries, about 4 miles round trip and weather was spectacular - could see for miles, kids really enjoyed it so will do some more of that. We only had the afternoon to do it, next time we'll have an earlier start and see how much further we can get!!

Parents arrived this afternoon and I have hubby here too. So I ran Sunday morning and this morning. Have a load of homework to finish before Fri morning so best be off here and back on the case I suppose ...

23/10/2012 at 20:55

We haven't reached a stage where M has treats for me to scoff but I know I will be terrible!!!

JT - loving your work with the grammer there!!

I'm back at home now - lovely few days away with hubby and SIL but rather manic as well as was combining work meetings etc. They carried on on the flash bit of the holiday (winerys, meals out etc) while M and I drove down to my parents for the weekend before heading back up to home. Now I am playing serious work catch-up (well obviously not that serious as I am on here!!), and trying to get myself organised! Feeling a bit frustrated as I have so much I want to do at the moment inc exercising, loads of sewing projects etc but never seem to have enough time in the day. Ah well - welcome to the rest of my life I guess!

All these stories of wetting beds etc puts the dread in me of potty training! M did a poo on the carpet at my parents and then sat on it the other day! Luckily they thought it was pretty funny!!

CC - your impromptu camping sounds good - I remember a VERY cold night camping by Loch Ness when I thought if I went to sleep I wouldn't wake up! The bike ride sounds fab too! Sounds like a good dose of quality family time for you all!

23/10/2012 at 22:57

Just about reading but not posted for a while.  JT - whooping cough sounds horrific.  You lot are making me really scared to return to UK, there seem to be so many horrible lingering illnesses around.  Really must start dosing us all up on Vit C etc NOW!

Fly in just 1 week.  Have HUGE list of things to do before we go.  Have finally booked somewhere we will stay for 2 of the 3 weeks, MM - you probably know the Wootton Bassett golf club, that has some lodges you can stay in and we are renting one of them.  Looks really nice, 3 bedrooms and about the same price as a cheap hotel per night.  Will save a fortune on eating out and can use the pool and fitness facilities at the club too.

Also will be spending some time in Cambridge seeing Mr TT's family and Cheddar seeing mine and London while we wait for our appointment at US embassy.  Thought if we are not too tired we might take Max to London Eye, maybe the aquarium on south bank and perhaps the cable car over Thames.  Any other suggestions for a 2 1/2 year old?

Been going cross eyed completing forms for US immigration.  Always makes me laugh when they ask things like 'are you planning to come to US for acts of terrorism?', 'have you ever been involved in genocide?'.  Hmmmm.

Max made me howl at the weekend.  I was pushing him in a shopping trolley and bumped into something.  He said 'Mummy, you're not very good at this are you?'.  Little monster!

Definitely scared by the next stage of potty training.  Max gets it and sometimes uses the potty if he can be bothered but would not have confidence to let him wear pants yet.  Will definitely not even attempt it with this trip coming up.

Can't identify yet with the feelings associated with saying goodbye to the baby things.  All very much coming back out of the cupboard at the moment.  Trying to decide whether to let no 2 sleep in a travel cot (pack and play) as Max did until he was big enough for his bed at 2 or if we should get a proper cot for him.  Leaning towards the travel cot I guess.

Sadly, no pinching of Max's sweeties here.  Still managing to keep on top of my sugars so must not be naughty!  Halloween here seems to be an obscene sweetie extravagnaza so actually quite relieved we will not be here on 31st.  Will take him to a Halloween event on Sunday at a friend's church, just hope his Spongebob costume arrives in time!  Someone was telling me recently that when they were kids they used to fill up pillow cases with trick or treat sweets .

23/10/2012 at 23:57
Only a quickie from me..... Had a busy work day but wanted to run so squeezed a 5 miler in before eldest came over for his birthday tea, archie ate 1 of every cake so went to bed stuffed with curry, rice, bake well tart, lemon slice, flap jack, rocky road and a doughnut.... I waved everyone off then sat down to a pile of admin and have only just turned computer off.... Joy.
Yippeeee to dry nights, new cats, holidays, day nappers, fab cycling with kids and grammar queen (JT)
Boo to continued coughs, injuries, getting cold and leaves (CM)
24/10/2012 at 14:03

Have just realised I spend too much time surfing but never actually saying 'Hi!', am at the stage with the kids where everything seems to be an extra effort, homework, trying to get Aidan to show an interest in potty training, cleaning up sick, which is basically on 'repeat' all day long, plus looking for a new rental house which adds and extra dimension of tiredness especially as Benedict never seems to sleep more than 3 hours, last night was midnight and 3am and thats pretty much the same every night.  Yawn!

24/10/2012 at 15:49

JT - boo to continued coughing.

my poor friend who had her appendix out is still in a terrible state. she has been discharged from hospital but can barely move. i had her kids from school yesterday and took them to soft play and then to macdonald's before dropping them back home, exhausted and hyper at 6.30pm. her hubby still wasn't home from work but i had to leave to get my 2 to bed

work is mad again this week.  been dumped in it with a huge change request for support of a reporting system for the ministry of justice. could have done without that this week as have way too much to do

off to butlins on friday with the kids. eek. sort of looking forward to it, but sort of also not. as i am sure you can all imagine!

24/10/2012 at 15:55

oh and some fab news from J's school. it was parents consultation this week and they told T (i wasn't there as had both kids and it clashed with J's athletics) that they have 'high hopes' for J. i was gob-smacked because as you all know, i thought J was quite slow!! it transpires that he is really very good indeed at maths (to the point where they did an assessment on him and he performed well above Y3 level, including getting stuff right that they haven't even covered, and he is only Y2 - and a young Y2 at that). they are really pleased with his spelling and reading, and general attitude to learning, social skills etc. obviously his handwriting is terrible but they aren't worried as it is improving. all in all, they say he is a super pupil and they love teaching him. really REALLY can't ask for more than that.

i now feel quite bad as i had assumed that he wasn't really very bright as everything seems such a battle for him. and now i am worried that i am turning into my mother, who was always very critical of everything i did and never praised me for any of my achievements. of course, he has now had loads of praise for this, but to be fair, no-one has ever given any indication at any of the meetings we have had at school (or meetings i have requested to discuss my concerns) that he was doing this well!!

such a little star really. bless him. especially as he does obviously have to try really hard to get these results. he's not a natural, like his sister is.

anyway, will stop bragging now. i was just stunned really!

24/10/2012 at 19:40
CM - you are NOT like your mother!! The pride you show in J's achievements alone is enough to show that!!! Well done J!!
24/10/2012 at 20:14
That's fab CM. What you often find though is that summer born boys are a bit lost to start with and when they get going, they fly around I'd age. Maybe that's what happened? Fabulous news though! Be proud and enjoy!

Kinsey - I remember every three.hours well. Hope it gets,better soon.

TT - hope you get sorted! Let me know if you do get a day off, we're not a million miles away, would be lovely to meet.

Cc - hope you enjoy your parents being up. And hubby being there too.

Camlo - good that eldest came to see you on his birthday. You're not forgotten!

Archie had a cracking tantrum tonight. He wanted a cake at tea time. He was told one mouthful of pasta more and he could have it. He went ballistic for about 20 mins, eventually swallowed pasta and said 'that's nice'!!! Little monkey!

Had doctors on phone today to organise a telephone appointment with the doctor tonight to discuss the results of my blood test. Apparently it was a full blood count. I'm hoping it's just going to show up the white blood cells that can indicate whooping cough and nothing more, but I'm guessing the fact it needed to be a telephone appointment may be a strong indicator!
24/10/2012 at 20:15
Oh yes, forgot that one CM, isn't it your mum who used to say you were a,waste of space? I don't see/hear that happening!
24/10/2012 at 20:41
Poor you Kinsey - not sure I could function on 3 hour segments of sleep anymore.
CM -fab news, guess he is good at keeping his talents hidden, either that or he just isn't loud enough to drown out the sound of his sister! hope your friend improves soon.
JT - have you heard yet? Are you hoping it is whooping cough???
Hoggle - you don't have to wait until children are old enough to have treats.... You need to start buying the odd thing now for yourself so the shock isn't too great on your system...
Another busy day but wrk laptop won't connect to Internet so has forced me off it tonight thank goodness!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.