Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,201 to 37,220 of 47,102 messages
26/10/2012 at 19:32
Peanut butter, syrup, jam, chocolate spread...you name it and I would eat it from the jar if in the mood
26/10/2012 at 21:55
Sore throat....... Eek no fair!
TB I could pretty much eat anything too although I struggled with Archie's home made bread roll he brought from school yesterday.... In fact the Germy fingers all over is possibly the cause of my sore throat!
Silly question for the bright sparks on here- are kids trainers the same as adult ones. Googled Asics as I fancy a change and the junior versions are so much cheaper than the ladies. I found a thread about it but it was pretty inconclusive.
27/10/2012 at 14:08
Oh no I killed it......... Better get back to cleaning duties......
27/10/2012 at 20:25
You mentioned running Camlo Not sure about the junior versions tbh, are they generally aimed at boys feet? I think they might be slightly narrower but there's a high chance I'm talking out of my bottom!

I officially have cabin fever. Trouble is, if I go out I cough, attract an audience and get more stressed. Starting to get really down now. Trying to keep my chin up, but not being able to do anything is doing my head in!!!
27/10/2012 at 22:21
Hmmm some say junior versions are not so hard wearing and not designed for high mileage so may not be 'good enough' for a serious afflete like myself...
JT does the cold air trigger coughing. I guess you could go for a drive (like an old lady) but its not exactly going to hit the spot for you. Hope it improves enough for you to venture out soon xxx
28/10/2012 at 08:37
OMG I did it again!! That's it I won't mention running again...
28/10/2012 at 13:31
LOL Camlo! I'm here. Reading but haven't had much chance to post as hubby away (again). Gosh, I really do admire you ladies who do a lot of this single parenting. It's just relentless isn't it? No break in your day....

I've been enjoying reading everything - but can't remember it all. Lotte seems to be having fun and yes, her kids are faster than me too! Camlo - is it your race today?
JT - ((())) gutted to hear about the cough nightmare. Sounds horrendous. Hugs too for everyone else who is poorly.

I ran this morning for the 1st time in a while due to illness. It felt good to be out again even if it seemed like a lot of effort for not many miles - trying to capture wriggling toddler to put on layers of clothes, set up running buggy, get myself ready, change poo-y nappy and start all over again with clothes. Argh. Anyway, I got out.

Also heartened to read about toddler tantrums - Caro, M's in particular. E is starting to show signs of what the future might hold in that regard and I'm dreading it. But relieved to know its not just him and (I hope) not cos I'm a bad parent.
28/10/2012 at 13:33
Speaking of food stuffs out of jars - that caramel sauce thing - dulce de leche - mmmmmmmmmm!
28/10/2012 at 14:06
CM - hope butlins is good & you are feeling better. Great parents evening rep too! Echo the others too - you sound nothing like your mum.

Caro - read back more about your pelvis. Sounds awful. But hopefully time will improve it? I'm trying to stop bf-ing too. E is now 15 mths and I told myself I would stop when he started walking (which he did at 13mths). I managed to stop the day time feeds then but just can't make myself stop the morning and night ones. And I know I should - especially as I'm keen to conceive again ASAP. Oh it's a tricky one.
28/10/2012 at 20:03
I think I TOTALLY killed the thread!
28/10/2012 at 20:22

See you mentioned running too - bad, bad Brookie.... Glad you managed to get out though and with regards to bf'ing I doubt 2 feeds a day would stop you conceiving but may be tiring to continue if you did catch again. Good for you doing it so long!

Archie's party was usual chaos. Grandma and aunty set up while I took kids to sis and legged it around the block and we got home to find the table covered with an edible farm. Choc cake train running the length of the table, brandy snap tunnel, cow sarnies, gingerbread pig pen, jelly pond complete with icing ducks and slices of mango for fish, field of sheep. Absulutely amazing effort.  

Havent changed clocks yet - so thinking I may get the extra hour tonight??

28/10/2012 at 20:46

I am def not tiger mom material but I did get a bit of nerves before Martha's parents evening too, I guess I just want her to be doing okay and it was so great to hear that she's doing everything she should be!

CC - well done on getting your work done despite hubby, I too am not keen on those bib cycling things, very odd look!

Caro - hope you are having a bit less pain, do you have to pick up E much and carry him?  My back is niggling a lot more but B is 20lbs so its taking its toll already!

JT - urgh, poor you, especially not being able to do much.  Suppose you can do all your Christmas shopping online!  I would try to see someone else too I suppose, tricky to know what to do at this point, chest clinic sounds like a good idea though.

We had B's christening today, he was fab, didn't make a fuss at all.  Had a very rocky night as Aidan had a vom bug so he was wiped out today but was very well behaved bless him, luckily he seems fine now.  Just hoping the rest of us don't get it.

28/10/2012 at 20:47

Camlo - like the edible farm idea!

28/10/2012 at 20:52
I'm here too!

Sod all running on my part. 5 miles in the sun yesterday but nowt today as drove down to Jedburgh so Andy could do a 10k. Got our timings all wrong so we were really late. He was the very last person over the line and I had to park in some random sort of yard which was full of wet soggy sandy mud. Car is filthy and so are my boots! He did well tho, came in 47.29. And it's not exactly an easy route.

Get the ivf drugs tomorrow - eeeek!!

So having spent the cost of a small car on Friday I decided ??159 on a kindle fire hd was nothing so treated myself ( mainly as a cheapskate's I pad however as the Puritan part of me objects to digital books). As I'd bought that for me I thought I'd better get Andy something. So I did. An iron. With 70%off. A true bargain at ??15.99

Babysitting tonight for my niece. She's sooo quiet compared to Loulou!
28/10/2012 at 20:54
Cross posts. Glad christening went well. Sorry not to name check everyone but on my phone it's impossible!
28/10/2012 at 21:20

The edible farm looked incredible Camlo!!! EF I was a total anti-kindle then was given one as a leaving present from my work when I went on maternity leave and am hooked!!! I love it!

We had a good weekend - hubby came back around lunchtime so not too annoying. In the morning Matilda and I went and joined the toy library which is awesome!! Heaps more independent play with a whole box of plastic animal figurines. Hubby and I went out for a meal on Sat night while SIL babysay. Was lovely and the first time in a LONG time! Yesterday we had 2 couple plus their toddlers over for lunch - byo highchair!! We used to entertain loads in London so it was nice to do it again. Yummy lunch and a really good laugh! All the kids were great too. SIL flies home today - hubby will be sad but I think he is pretty knackered with entertaining as well. They managed a whole week together with some really long drives without mentioning his mother or anything else of importance. Sigh!! We talked about it and have decided that they were brought up as non-communicators and he has learnt to talk through stuff (I am the complete opposite!) but SIL just wont talk about anything that might be uncomfortable. I worry about her (smart, pretty, very ambitious) as she is still single at 37 with an on again off again boyfriend lurking who is obsessed with image, money etc.

I have sent them all off for the day as I am working - whoops and here I am not working - best get on with it!!!

PS JT you must be going crazy - vent on here as much as you like you must need it!!!! Hope you start to see some improvement soon ((())))

28/10/2012 at 21:31

oh yes that farm was AWESOME camlo!

28/10/2012 at 23:31
Farm sounds amazing! Glad christening went well Kinsey and hope you all stay vom bug free. Hoggle - sounds like a lovely weekend. EF - good luck with drugs tomorrow. I smiled at the kindle purchase. I'd quite like one but hubby is an ardent "small independent bookshop" geek and would probably divorce me if I dared!
29/10/2012 at 07:32
Camlo - party looked fab!

EF - keeping all fingers crossed for you. Do you start injecting now?

Brookie - I can confirm that stopping breastfeeding is not an absolute requirement for getting pregnant! E was 9 months so still feeding reasonably often, and I think I eventually stopped when she was about 13 months as she didn't seem that fussed and I definitely needed a break.

Hoggle - your weekend sounds great. We have ended up with several of the ikea highchairs in our garage for when people come over - we have lots of storage space so seem to end up with lots of things our friends no longer want and think we might 'need', but it is handy on occasion! Is all your husband's family in the uk? I guess wherever you live it's going to be hard for one of you. One of my brothers best friends who he's known since he was 12 moved to nz last year with his wife, who is a kiwi. It's just a bit far for a short visit!

We have been a bit busy - and sleep deprived! - but are now off for half term so hoping things will settle down a bit. My mum was due to have a hip replacement 2 weeks ago for arthritis which had kicked in really quickly - but it got cancelled twice, ruining all the plans I'd made for looking after th children (they usually have them every Monday) and being around to help out. Anyway, it eventually got done on Friday and she's doing well, so that's one worry out of the way, and she's hoping to get home today.

I've realised I've only got 8 days of work left! Spread over the next 4 weeks, so my last day is nov 21st, but that feels very manageable. And that means, folks, that Christmas is 8 weeks tomorrow!!!
29/10/2012 at 07:36
Oh, and kindles - I was always rather anti, and we have hundreds and hundreds of books, but I absolutely love my kindle and wouldn't do without it now. I still read 'proper' books too, but for going away, reading when you're out, reading big books that are too heavy to hold up, the kindle is fab. I also use it for my guilty trashy books which I read in a day or two - saves on space, money and paper!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.