Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,381 to 37,400 of 46,067 messages
22/02/2013 at 15:14
egg white omellete with low cal veggies CM, good hi protein hi nutrient low cal meal.
22/02/2013 at 15:16
Bet ur lighter than me + therefore JG (I think that's right) who is just a bit lighter than me and ur 2 inches taller.
22/02/2013 at 15:19
if I weighed 7-7.5stone at 5ft 7 I would b underweight, u at 5ft 9 wd b seriously underweight.
22/02/2013 at 15:56

TT - don't like eggs much, i'm afraid. i don't know how much i weigh right now as scales don't work and i am not weighing myself anyway, but it will be over 11 stone. my natural weight, that i always end up back at if i don't restrict my food intake, is around 11st 5 or something. it's far too heavy. but i always end up weighing that if i am not actively dieting. it's like that is the weight that my body is happy at, and it is just within a healthy weight on the BMI calculator. but i HATE being that big.

i have just done some calculator things to see how much i need to eat (whilst i'm not exercising) in order to lose 2lb a week, and it's 950 calories a day!!! omg.  and of course, that will go down the more i lose. it is soooooo depressing. if i add exercise in, it takes me up to 1500 cals or so, but obviously at the moment i can't even walk.

22/02/2013 at 16:29
U could swim with a leg float, would get lovely toned arms that way too.
22/02/2013 at 16:43
Maybe 2lb a wk is too much to expect while not being able to exercise CM, I would settle with 1lb a wk until can start exercising again. If u eat under 1200cals daily over period of time ur metabolism will just crash.

Altho if u do 500cal fast day twice per wk then ate 1800cals the other 5days that averages out at 1430cals a day + would give u 1lb weight loss a wk. Or even 500cals x 2 days, 1600cals x 4 days + a 2600cals splurge day.
22/02/2013 at 16:53
To get to Ur goal of 10stone u likely have at most 19lb to lose, so by time u can start exercising again u could have lost half of that + then the next 9lb will b easier as u will b moving again + giving ur metabolism a wee boost
22/02/2013 at 16:55
CM - when I weigh kids I never tell them what is right or wrong. I ask them are they happy with the way the look, have they got lots of energy and do they sleep well? Weight is just one measure of well being and in no way should be taken as the most important. We are all different and thats FINE, if you are hungry you should eat. We should all remember we are comparing ourselves with fellow fit birds on here, compare yourself with my mum (around 19stone) and anyone would feel positively skinny!
Went to get kids from school and had to hobble across the car park, Tom has just stamped his feet on me but def something not right! Have also emailed the school to ask them to review the policy of taking cakes etc in for birthdays as Archie was given another slice complete with sugar flowers today. I know I am a killjoy but it seems ironic that they advertise slimming world on the school gates but give sugary treats so frequently in class!
22/02/2013 at 17:06
Plus if only doing 2 fast days per wk u can make them any days that suit + move them around to suit days with the kids.

I make sure on fast days that I eat tons of salad, with mixed leaves, herbs, cucumber, tomatoes, celery, peppers, courgette, carrot, onion etc with either meat, beans, chickpeas or avocado. That way I am still sitting dwn to a substantial looking meal + don't feel like I am going without + more importantly the kids don't see me restricting my food intake. My mountain of salad looks like more than everyone else is having.
22/02/2013 at 17:12
I have never heard of schools allowing cakes + biscuits to b brought in like that, not the norm around here certainly. Nursery allow u to hand in a cake for their birthday but it is divided up into tiny pieces for 60kids + they can have some at snack time if they want. But not once they go to school.
22/02/2013 at 17:16
Genuine hunger is your bodies way of telling you it needs fuel. It's triggered by the endocrine system (the pituitary or hypothalamus) can't rem which, but if upset can unbalance your entire body and cause untold problems to your basal metabolism and hormones. I don't know what the answer is cm, but 2 days starvation is only going to exacerbate weight issues. Please be kind to yourself, I see pics of you on FB and think you look lovely. And remember image is so superficial, there isn't anything you can do about it, unless you want to go down surgery route and to nice, genuine, decent friends and people who love you, it doesn't matter what you look like ot indeed what you weigh. Please start seeing yourself for what you are, a brilliant mum who have two gorgeous kids who adore her for what she is.

Sorry to go on a bit, but please look after yourself.

So here we are a family of 4! I had Evie in hospital at 1.42 on sunday am and came home after seeing the paediatrician. All well, Evie is feeding well. Leila likes her most of the time. She is such a chilled baby so far, just eats ands sleeps. Still feeling like I've haven't slept in yonks though. Ill post a birth story in a bit but it was a 10k rather than a marathon done and dusted in 1 hour 12 mins according to the hospital paperwork. Although contractions were a little longer.
22/02/2013 at 17:54
Some great racing going on. Good PB Sonya. I got my PB a couple of years after having leila and best it by a good 8 mins. Not sure ill get near it again.

Cc, boo to the illness. I've had bunged up sinuses and cough/sore throat for ages. Might go to docs if it hangs about much longer.

Minks, I would have shouted at the train lady. So annoying.

Anyway, will get on with my race report and post in a bit. Dinner first though.
22/02/2013 at 17:59

anj - great that all is well. my cousin had a baby in the early hours of tuesday morning - so my FB is full of pics of little babies at the moment, and it's lovely.

camlo - i don't feel good about myself, i don't sleep well, i hate seeing myself in the mirror and i only post photos on FB that don't make me look hideous!! the one in chessington was a complete fluke i think. taken from a distance - that always helps!

i don't think i could swim more than a couple of lengths using only my arms, TT! that would be way too much like hard work. at hte moment i'm not risking doing any exercise as i still can't walk without being in pain. i can't risk tearing it any further as i think it may completely rupture.

i find it harder to lose weight when i exercise because i feel like i need the fuel for exercise and i also want to reward myself for having exercised. easier to 'punish' yourself with hunger when you are doing no exercise. so my most successful weight loss has been when i haven't exercised and added in exercise calories. i do want to lose about 20lb, which just seems such a phenomenally hideous amount of weight. god knows if i will manage it. at the moment, i hate everything about me so much that it's clouding every judgement, i know.

kids are with T this weekend, so the only thing i have to look forward to is cleaning, food shopping and making birthday cake for E's party at a soft play place on sun afternoon. i'm going to that but not looking forward to it as T's mum will be there and i find being around her very difficult. i am also struggling a bit with the fact that it's a year since i was last in touch with my parents. i think that is playing on my mind more than i thought it would. T's mum will be at the party and my parents should be around celebrating her birthday with us too - but they won't be obviously.

22/02/2013 at 18:53
a counsellor once asked me if all my friends were thin and then if i only liked my friends because they were thin? makes you realise people are not judging you on your size and your friends like you for being you not because you have managed to shave off a few pounds! equally your friends like your personality not your house, how much you earn, what car you drive etc etc. Stopped me trying too hard because I was worried what people thought, now people get what they see and if they don't like me then fine!
22/02/2013 at 19:35
I love it camlo! So true......
22/02/2013 at 19:47
Yes it is true Camlo. However it isn't other people's opinions I worry about. It is my own view that is the problem. I don't care what other people think about me and don't believe what they say anyway because I know what I see and I don't like it.
22/02/2013 at 19:49
Very true Camlo!

Having spent the last 4yrs struggling hard to lose 60lb with another 40lb still to go Ur 20lb seems like nothing to me CM. What u need to do more than lose 20lb is work on not being so negative towards urself all the time, having a Mum who is severly disabled + watching her suffer for all of my teens + adulthood has certainly taught me to appreciate the really important things in life. Like how lucky I am to b healthy + have 2 beautiful healthy children. What I look like + what weight I am pales into insignificance. And u can overcome just about anything if u have the right mindset. Watched a man on Ben Fogles yr of adventures last night, cycled a 24hr mountain race with one working leg, his other leg hung there limp as doesn't work. There r ways around everything if u really WANT to do something. Also ur calf strain is temporary, u will get over it.

There r thousands of people who live with awful, agonizing illnesses, who just getting out of bed in the morning is a feat of strength + endurance. We have no right to complain about losing a bit of weight or having an injury that sidelines us for a few wks or months when compared to them. Yes it's frustrating + annoying but we will b just fine. If we want it enough we will reach our target weight + keep it off + we will do it with comparatively little discomfort or effort. God I waffled on there + no idea if it made any sense or said what I wanted to say.
22/02/2013 at 20:26
Grrrrrrrrrr Asda should have been here but went to wrong place so aren't going to get here till later now, how annoying as I will be wanting to go to bed as working tomorrow!
Boo to all the niggles, hope nothing serious
I am about 5 ft 6 & just under 9 stone. Lost just under a stone in the last year. Feel this weight is just about right for me it's just the bloated tummies I get if I eat any bread or white carbs. So try not to eat them.
I did some intermittent fasting when I did my detox's & thought it worked fine but certainly do not advocate full fasting, that's not right. You need some fuel fr your body n brain to work. If you have a high protein diet( eggs,fish, meat) with loads of green leafy veg, tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, ginger, herbs, spices etc, tons of water & green teas x 3 a day you will loose weight. No snacks in between unless seeds/ nuts/protein.
CM look after yourself
JT- boo to feeling yucky and to your uncle
Minks- how soooooooo annoying, I would be fuming.
Did 10 k on treadmill this morning whilst M played with the hula hoops, gym ball etc. Was -7 outside, so cold, so binned the trailer run.
Quads a wee bit sore today as yesterday took M up the hill n the trailer, was hard going pushing her up that! Good training. So did 5 miles altogether & then last night did "A very dark place" sufferfest on the turbo, 53 mins of tough intervals, whew. I will be fit!!!!
22/02/2013 at 20:27
That's so sad JT, very hard to deal with for all of u. That's the grim reality of life, we just have to get up + get on with things + find positives + joy wherever we can.
22/02/2013 at 20:38
Ur a machine RF, in fact we r all bloody fabulous come to think of it.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.