Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,401 to 37,420 of 43,233 messages
14/11/2013 at 14:16

Agh I killed the thread with my dimwittery!

14/11/2013 at 17:21

Yes it has been very quiet on here lately.  I hope that our usual chatty ladies (CC, CM where are you?) are OK.

Hope MM is OK too, I saw a post on FB recently and think she is stressed, thinking of you MM if you're reading.

Speaking of teeth, I spotted a couple more of Os's sprouting this morning, up to at least 6 now, he's not a fan of showing them off though.

He has another horrid bite on his arm.  Was just red and looked like a mossie bite a few days ago but then turned into a blister again.  Someone at his nursery suggested a spider bite or maybe he is allergic to whatever is biting him.  I've not seen any spiders around the house but we do have a bit of an ant problem so I'm wondering about that.  Huge ants, bigger than the usual type we get in UK.  We put down some poison at the weekend and are definitely seeing less now so hopefully seeing the last of them

Parties, yes an interesting discussion.  I agree about the opening of the gifts but I guess that it is done more for the benefit of the givers than the recipient.  The mum at the 2nd birthday party we were at on Sunday did open all of the gifts (with Max's help!) but the birthday boy wasn't at all interested.  There must have been 30 or so gifts though.  Max would flip out with that many new things so I really don't know what to do for his 4th, it's just way too much stuff.

14/11/2013 at 20:06

LOL, I only did the chicken stars cos I had cut some 

cucumber stars and the outside had stayed intact so 

on spur of the moment I cut some chicken stars and stuffed

them in the cucumber holes. Just hoping that making 

her lunch more interesting looking she will eat more. 

I have a large collection of cookie cutters I have amassed 

over the yrs, so it's easy. Actually makes the laborious task 

of nightly packed lunch making a bit more interesting. Although 

went dwn the lazy route tonight and bunged in a dairylea dunker.

14/11/2013 at 20:07

Should check out eats amazing website, those lunch boxes are 

impressive

14/11/2013 at 22:16

luckily for me Matilda is non fussy and eats everything I give her, but I do think its probably a bit monotonous sometimes.  However at the moment I find it hard to get inspiration for main meals so packed lunchs barely get thought about, and just get thrown together!

15/11/2013 at 08:13

Ticks - yuck

Birthday parties - eek

Juggling life - impossible

Lunch boxes and plank challenge - wow, in awe....... 

Wobbly teeth - snap

Black clouds - many, hubby even booked next weekend away for my 40th and i have sulked like a 'ungrateful baby' because i am missing our club 10mile race. 

15/11/2013 at 17:05

((Camlo)), I guess the first step to chasing away the black clouds is to acknowledge they are there and recognize that your irrational behavior is due to them.  Hope you manage to pick up soon and definitely in time for your weekend away.  There will be plenty more club runs but you're only 40 once (but you know that).  Do you know where he is taking you or is it a surprise?

Only 2 weeks until our holiday, I have to keep reminding both of us as this is the first holiday we have booked in advance since 1999 and it is creeping up fast.  We are still really busy at work and I don't want to end up panicking at the last minute.  We do have thanksgiving here though the 2 days before we go away so will be home from work for those.

Lunch boxes on FB look lovely.  Thankfully the boys get food provided at nursery, they would never get anything near as exciting as that if I had to make sandwiches.

15/11/2013 at 22:16

Camlo- i wouldn't thank Hubby for booking a weekend away either as it would mess up my routine and I would be the one who had to pack for everyone. But actually reading your post and typing this one made me realise how awful that is and what an ungrateful madam I would be. So if he ever does do such a thing (highly unlikely) I will stop myself before I sulk and remember that (well I'll try).

15/11/2013 at 22:19

TT- Your mention of 1999 reminded me of post on facebook today, my cousin had posted that it was his eldest son's 20th birthday today and he was born in 1993. I felt so old that someone who was born in the 90's (just a blink away) was a fully fledged proper adult.

15/11/2013 at 22:32

Thanks ladies, he has assured me it is much better than a race (but i need to take my trainers and not cut my hair this week?). He has even offered to tell me what it is but then it will 'spoil the surprise' which i have already decided i will hate...... I feel ungrateful, i am ungrateful but cant help myself 

Anyhoo, he has swapped work plans for sunday so at least I can run this weekend 

Hope everyone is enjoying children in need, i let a little boy write on my arm yesterday  and it made his day!

15/11/2013 at 22:39

A friend posted today about turning 30 and i could have sworn we were the same age 

Happy hols TTid, why dont you ever book in advance? 

tangy - my son was born in 1990..... I thought i knew it all then, now i know i dont. 

16/11/2013 at 01:01

Don't know why I took it so hard, my daughter was born 

in 96 and she is 17.5, just never really thought about it.

16/11/2013 at 11:00

((camlo)) - hope you do enjoy your weekend away. and happy 40th

didn't watch any children in need - i am probably awful but i can't stand programmes like that. i hate all the music and celeb nonsense. i am happy to donate (and i do - helped run the cake school at school yday in aid of CIN). i just hate watching all those things. i am weird. i know.

having a sh1t time at the moment. feeling very low. fantasising about car crashes / falling off cliffs. before you call the men in white coats, it's ok. i won't do any of those things. i'm just feeling like it would be a relief if it happened. i'll be ok. on the drugs now and seeing counsellor. i will get there. but it's hideous feeling this bad. i have to go back to work on thursday too, which i'm dreading. but i can't stay off forever.

16/11/2013 at 11:54

((CM)). Have you ever noticed a seasonality to your depression. Seems that you and Camlo both feeling particularly bad right now is coincidental with clock change and darker nights. Have you ever tried light therapy?  Somewhere in UK I have a SAD light which I bought for Mr TT that he never used. If I can find it I'd be happy to pass it on if you are interested. 

16/11/2013 at 13:45
There may be a SAD element to it - I did feel better in the summer. But this is very situational now. I know why I have gone right down now. A combination of 2 things. Plus the ongoing shite of my situation which I have never accepted. I am looking at retraining as a translator. I will never match my salary if I do that and will probably struggle badly financially. But at least I will be in charge of my own destiny and won't have to travel for work. I need to make it happen though. And that is the hard bit when you feel like crap.

Thanks for the lamp offer tho. That was v kind.
16/11/2013 at 22:59

CM I am totally with you on watching stuff like that, you are not the only one!

17/11/2013 at 08:38

Thanks Turbo, if the light would fit up my colleagues bottom then yes please........ However i (like CM) am sure fixing all the peripheral issues wont actually help until I fix the biggie (work). 

CM  - being in charge is important but your job is only part of that and you may have to work on accepting life has been shite fir you and until kids are older you are still restricted in any control? 

i am off for a squishy 10. Back later. 

17/11/2013 at 18:15

Oh no i killed the thread...... Did a muddy 11.3 followed by roast beef and a game of tennis on the wii. Now trying to keep eyes open until Bedtime. 

Hubby has confirmed next weekend is indeed a trip to Bath with a day of shopping of the saturday and a trip to the spa on Sunday for a massage and chill before home. 

17/11/2013 at 19:30

Ooh sounds great Camlo  I'm with you on the surprises thing though, I hate it! And I would be mad if hubby didn't check if I was doing anything that weekend !  

Ooh Christmas smileys !

Hugs to CM, not much to add but stay positive.

I did Leeds Abbey Dash this morning in 1:00:01 - the second 10k in a couple of months in that time, so annoying!  And my Garmin said 59:59 each time...  Anyway I was feeling a bit sluggish today but it was a fast flat course so my running buddies had high expectations and now I feel a bit sh*t for not even getting under an hour .  My hip has also been aching even when I haven't done anything and the muscle in my butt (glute I think?) was sore before I'd even started, so I don't suppose that helped.  I'm going to have to go back to the physio, I just don't want to pay for it .

On a whingey note, I fell out with hubby on Thursday/Friday because he had Friday off work and made a comment about it being just like what I have 3.5 days a week (I work 1.5 days) .  Well I don't even have to tell you guys how mad (and carp) that made me feel!  I even said "yes because looking after kids is just like a holiday - who does all the washing, hoovering etc?" not to mention the stress that is getting everyone up and out in the morning (including my work days when he doesn't help either) and dashing around trying to get things done in between school drop off, nursery pick-up and school pick-up.  Anyway, it made me cry  because I felt totally unappreciated and pointless.  He assures me he doesn't think that, but I can't help feeling he thinks I have it so much easier than he does.  Sigh.

He's applied for a new job and has got an interview in a week or so, and has just discovered that he owes the ACCA (accounting people) just under £1500 and his subscription has been suspended, which means his qualifications aren't recognised - just in time for the interview .  I really hope it's his employers that have messed up as we just haven't got that kind of money at the moment.

Sorry bit of a doom and gloom post!  I'm helping with the PTA coffee morning tomorrow morning and going to Disney on Ice on Wed as Sophie won tickets in the library colouring competition (can't remember if I mentioned that already!).

Too right about people born in 1993 being adults...surely not!

17/11/2013 at 20:19

Oh JG that is crap! Although he says otherwise, I suspect that hubby thinks I live a life of riley because I finish at 2pm - grrrrrrrr and also crap re. subscription, hope that gets sorted out asap!

I am totally and utterly snowed under by work/life at the moment. So much to get done!!! A couple of impossible work tasks that I am really struggling with too. At least work travel is over for the year (998km later!).

Had a lovely weekend at the farm though. My Dad is recovering so well from his hip replacement. Its lie he's 10 years younger - not only not being in pain but I think the worry was almost worse and now its like he;s had a weight removed from his shoulders. I think my mum is almost as relieved as she's the one who has had to live with his grumpiness!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.