Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,401 to 37,420 of 46,341 messages
22/02/2013 at 20:40
And I have not bn drinking, genuinely
22/02/2013 at 21:30
Just popping in, have had a quick read. CM you def look slim in your photo's, hope the fasting works and the calf gets better quickly.

CC ouch to meds and issues, sounds grim.

Half term and we have moved house, lots of unpacking to be done. Also Martha's birthday on Thursday (5), so going to be another mad week!!
22/02/2013 at 21:59
Ha ha Tangy. We r all great aren't we!!!!! Supermums although like some of you CM puts me too shame with all the things she does, especially crafty things, my girls would love it if I did that stuff but sadly I don't! I'm crap.
So many people say to me ' oh how do you fit it all in ( the exercise)' & i just say whenever I can! You just do. I mean look at MM & Lotte, their mileage is incredible. I'm always saying about the mums on here & how motivational it is.
Good luck in your new hoose Kinsey, may u all be very happy there
In bed reading
23/02/2013 at 06:07
5.30 am really is ridiculous time for a 6 & 8 yr old tired from a week of school to wake up, flip sake. I'm up now anyway as leave for work in twenty minutes but now M will also wake up. At least I don't have to put up with the whining this morning
Ah well.
Must e mail asda now as told them not to come last night as it was going to be after 10 pm, far to late.
Happy Satuardays all x
23/02/2013 at 08:00

Glorious morning here. We survived the sleepover but it was a bit crazy with11 kids in the house. Tea was frantic but once I got it done I sneaked out and left hubby to finish clearing up while I did 4 miles. haha. Our other kids settled down about 9.30 but the boys had the living room and it was after 1am before they all settled. Hubby and I were yawning in the kitchen desperate to go to bed.

Got to do it all over again tonight mind you as Sophie has 3 friends staying over but I'm not expecting them to be so rowdy as the boys! Hubby is away for the next two nights so they better not be!

Got a lie in mind you, only got up after 7. Long run later.

Happy weekend everyone.

23/02/2013 at 08:46
Well done lotte for having a lie in. Altho u have reminded me I will have to go throo sleepover Hell all over again with Cam, Nat's sleepovers r very quiet now but I remember well the barging in the room at 4am with a face like thunder shouting + bawling cos I had had enough of the giggling + banging around.
23/02/2013 at 14:41
Dust ball rolls through the thread
23/02/2013 at 16:28
Haha Tt, I'm reading but not posting much as usually read on my phone and find posting from the phone such a pain. Saturday morning here. Not quite domestic bliss but all at home at moment. Max watching Jake and the never land pirates on iPad, dad creating something yummy in the kitchen, Oscar asleep in his swing and I'm just chilling on sofa.

Had a text from the mum of one of Max's oldest friends this morning who he was at daycare with from very early age but he left a few months back. It's his birthday tomorrow and he was asking his mum if Max would be coming to his party. I was really choked to hear that as they haven't seen each other for ages. Hopefully we can make it along to see him, they were such good pals.

Os is stirring, better go...
23/02/2013 at 17:23
I know TT I post from my phone too + often lose posts mid typing + can't b bothered retyping or think a post is much longer than it actually is.

Trip to opticians for Cam + I this morn, new glasses ordered for me(nice purple metal framed ones) + she is just to go back in a yr as her new glasses have done the trick + she now has 20/20 vision with them on, she has astigmatism in both eyes.

Then did 3mile run + 8miles on exercise bike + a spot of face painting. Just bn reading new RW mag + need to go heat up the chilli for dinner + open the red wine. Got comic relief dancing thing + several hrs of American idol to catch up on this evening while resting legs + upping iron levels in prep for tomorrow's 9 mile run;)
23/02/2013 at 18:39

Not posting as flipping depressed. Managed 1.5 miles on the treadmill and the pain kicked in so got off. No pain at all doing anything else. up and down stairs is fine, driving, pushing trolley with Josh attached round the supermarket, all strengthening exercises all fine. Just running. Arrhhhhhhhhhhhh! So rest this weekend and try again Monday. Icing and rolling for Britain, drinking lots of wine and eating too much and just praying ...

23/02/2013 at 18:40
Happy Saturday evening girls. I have managed to bake and ice Ellen's birthday cake without any disaster which is an absolute first!

Now to wrap her pressies. Need to get them stashed away because kids come back tomorrow and her bday isn't till thurs (but party is tomorrow)

Had visit from friend this afternoon. She is a star and I love her to bits. Always cheers me up as she is in same shared residence hell as me. TT - it's m***** r*****. You are friends with her on fb.
23/02/2013 at 18:46
She looks like a lot of fun CM, love her posts on fb
23/02/2013 at 19:13
Oh no MM - hope that the icing etc helps!!!! Red wine is essential medication.
Good work on the cake CM

CONGRATULATIONS Anj!! Lovely name and sounds very quick!!!

Slow slow improvement here - I've discovered that i can't see improvement from one day to next but if I compare with 3 days ago I can. Had a woe as me moment yesterday and M was in a horrible mood all day - no proper sleeps but still wouldn't go down til 8pm - managed to get margarine off bench and came in to lounge like a cat you are trying to stop running away. Hoping for a better day today as an on my own all day!!!
23/02/2013 at 19:37
Oh MM. No

And hoggle - too

Yes, Tt - M is lovely. Awful situation she is in. Worse than mine. Shafted by courts and b4stard ex husband. Her daughter is fab tho. Credit to her. But teaches me that things won't necessarily get any easier and that kids won't always choose the parent they want to be with for fear of upsetting the other parent.
23/02/2013 at 19:48

Oh no MM, hope it all works ... this bench is getting a bit busy at the moment and there isn't going to be much space left soon!!!!   Condolences, CM and I can imagine exactly how you feel ... I have now cancelled three races planned for the next 3-4 months on the back of my injuries and germs!!!! It's grim and seriously frustrating when time and energy is put into the training.  My bank of autumn training seems dim and distant for sure!!

TT - you were so right yesterday about having perspective on things.  I know I am a great one for self-pity at times, although I find if I have a good dose of being pathetic I am usually so disgusted with myself it shocks me back again!!

Hoggle - it must be just soooooo frustrating ((()))

Not really a lot better here - thought I was but yesterdays three-miler wiped me out again come evening so didn't even bother to attempt orienteering course today. Just shadowed J round and S went with another friend and her dad.  Have spoken to a few others who seem to have same lingering germs.

Hubbys birthday and he's struggling too. Decided he wanted beef wellington for tea so he bought all the ingredients and I put it all together tonight and the whole family enjoyed. Am most proud as was first effort at it. Probs cost us £30 all told, if we'd gone out for it ... well ... no change out of £50 for sure!

Great run today Lotte - fantastic weather by the looks of it.  Some time this year I WILL run 30 miles

CM - lovely to have a friend in the same boat (well not lovely that you both have to go through such rubbish but good to have a kindred spirit etc).  Well done on the cake making.  I have that next month ...

Edited: 23/02/2013 at 19:49
23/02/2013 at 20:07

oh, cc - sorry to hear you are still struggling. i am glad you had a nice birthday dinner.  not sure i have ever had beef wellington. i am not good with meat really. i think i have never progressed from sausages and mince and don't really like meat that looks like, well, dead animal! i cook lots of casseroles for the kids using diced meat from aldi 'coffins', and do meat in slow cook pot but i am not good with chunks of meat. i spent years as a veggie and a couple of years as a vegan and even now i can't bear to handle meat. when i made meatballs last weekend, i put latex gloves on!

23/02/2013 at 20:12

NOooo MM, but don't fret the red medicine will help. Seriously don't panic, you have banked great training, it will just be a wee blip. (())

CM, CC, Hoggle sending you healthy vibes. We need to get you all off the bench. (())

Beef wellington sounds fab CC better than the scabby pizza, suasages an chips I fed up to my lot tonight. Only got home at 6.30 and 8 hungry kids needing fed so needs must.

What amazing weather we have had today. Went to the beach with my sis and a friends and kids this morning, passed hubby on the doorstep at lunch time (he'd been coaching all morning) and I headed off for my run. He did the gynmastics/football/dancing taxi-ing and i met him in town at 5.30, car engine running, he handed over the keys and kids and he is off on the boat to take club athletics trip away (13-16 year olds) and I took kids home, picking up extra kids on the way - Sophie has her three friends over tonight. Never a dull moment.

Anyway I got my 30 miler done.Legs felt tired from the off so it was a bit of a slog, was very thankful for the weather as if it had been a bad day I might have been tempted to cut it short. Took me 4 hrs 13 mins and averaged 8.27mm. So glad to have it in the bag. Mile long hill at 27 miles nearly killed me and I had a bit of stomach cramps at various points. Ate a mule energy bar at halfway as no gels left so not sure if that was the cause. Phone call from hubby at 28.5 miles telling me to hurry up was not welcome either. I don't think my reply was very polite! SO so so tired now but 104 miles in 6 days what do I expect. An easy recovery run tomorrow if I can find a babysitter or a day off if not! Bit of a tweak in my left calf so going to get the ice on it tonight. So I am joining you in the red wine and ice dept MM.

23/02/2013 at 20:15
CM - her posts on fb often make me laugh out loud, she seems like a good person to have around! Can't wait to see some pics of E's party - what is she wearing?!

MM - hope the rest (and wine!) do the trick. How frustrating for you.

Hoggle - hope the improvement continues. E is a little monkey at the moment too - her favourite word is no, and "no, no, no, no, no" is her favourite phrase!

CC - like the sound of your dinner, and glad you could enjoy it! Hope all the niggles settle soon.

Turbo - hope you make it to the party. Life has settled down a bit here, and we're definitely out of the newborn 'fug' which I think takes over for the first few weeks, although I'm very pleased I'm not trying to juggle work as well, like you are!

Tangy - sounds like your running is going well, and like the others I'm amazed at your weight loss and dedication - although again, I don't think you look that heavy in the pictures I've seen of you.

RF - very impressed you're out running with the double croozer. I ran with our single one a few times but found it quite heavy - and I didn't push it up anything remotely resembling your 'hill'! Do you have all the sufferfest sessions? We've got Angels, which my husband got off someone at work, and I keep meaning to give it a go. I suggested (only half jokingly) that we do it together one evening in the garage since we can't actually ride together at the moment!!
23/02/2013 at 20:40
I was a veggie for yrs too from age 14 to 23, started eating meat again when I was pregnant with Nat. Never really liked meat as a child but like it now. I was opposite of u CM tho, I preferred proper meat like roast dinner at my Nana's but hated mince, sausages or burgers which was what we tended to have at home cos it's all we could afford. Now I love spag bol, chilli, mince + tatties etc, all the stuff I grew up hating.
23/02/2013 at 21:02

LOL Lotte, what are we like thinking 7am is a lie-in?  It is to me too!  Up at 6:30 this morning to take hubby to rowing club, then back for a shower and a second breakfast for Kit before heading off to swimming.  Straight from swimming to rowing club to pick hubby up again, back for lunch then to supermarket for food shop and rush around doing essentials that we can't do tomorrow as we're out at my brother's all day.  Will be doing my long run early to get it in before we leave.

That is SO rubbish about the knee, MM.  I hope it's nothing to do with Bramley.  The one year I did that and ran the second half quite hard I ended up on the bench for two weeks.  Am paranoid about doing tune-up races now and tend to avoid.  Let's hope the red medicine and the icing helps.

Such a shame you have a poor self-image, CM.  TT is right that we should be grateful for what we have and that compared with many others we have nothing to complain about.  But it's hard to see that perspective when you're in the mire of despair which it sounds as though you are.  It's good that you have someone in a similar position to offload to - we can only offer virtual support here!  I don't, however, like your use of the word 'punish' in relation to food/diet.  That is not good at all and rings alarm bells for me.  I know that you feel you have no control over certain areas of your life but that the way you eat is something you can have full control of but that is where serious eating disorders start.  Please look after yourself - if not for you then for your children, because even if you think you're not worthy then you will not dispute that they are.

CC, that dinner sounds lovely.  I would not even attempt to make anything that complicated!  I am not a cook by any stretch of the imagination.  I'm pretty crap actually.  I can do decent 'standard' fare (roasts, casseroles,bologneses, lasagnes etc) but I don't feel confident doing anything complicated or involving carving or boning meat and I don't really bake either.  Hubby tends to be the one to make cakes in this house!

Rest day here and glad of it - was bitterly cold all day.  Went out for a swift 5 miles last night before going for a curry with some of the mums from school - really good night out and lots of wine consumed!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.