Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,441 to 37,460 of 47,552 messages
09/11/2012 at 22:21

agree with Hoggle Caro, you definitely had to leave. In fact I am sure you specifically asked us all to remind you of precisely this when you went on mat leave - it was horrible and you loathed going in. Onwards and upwards I say!!

EF - that sounds really really uncomfortable. I can only relate it to how I felt when my body finally started ovulating properly, it was seriously quite sore, and I imagine you are suffering way more than that. Be very very lazy!

JT - I can't imagine weeks and weeks of coughing have helped you at all. I just know what I wreck my ribs were after just a month of severe coughing (ripped intercostal muscles etc) and you've been suffering for much longer. Anyway I hope you get a chance to have the treatments asap. Obviously I can highly recommend Pilates. I consider myself to have a reasonable core but it still amazes me how apparently simple moves can be so challenging!

Caro - today I have been as vile back to my children as they have been to me! I have definitely failed on the mummy stakes today but I am just totally fed up with it all, so tbh I DONT cope at all really!!! 

Hubby refused to talk at all about things over the hols, head in sand etc, so he's got it on the phone this week several times, which he hates - can't go anywhere then can he and he's clearly too scared to put the phone down on me!!!

ummm - baby sizes, well I'm just under 5 ft 3" and a size 6 and hubby is a 16 stone 6 footer so I had a son who came out all skinny and long at 8lb and in a very short time turned into a 90th centile for weight/height, and then along came madam at 6lb 9 25th centile. They are both going to tower over me I think eventually - J already up to my shoulder and S has ridiculously (and enviably) long legs.

Just trying to decide what to do with kids tomorrow, coastal walk or biking down at Rothiemurcus ... watch this space

10/11/2012 at 09:41

Hmm, yes CC, think that's probably about right!

Ok, so I asked hubby to clean the back door, he's just gone and done it with, PETROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The scary thing is, he seems quite proud!!!

10/11/2012 at 12:27

petrol???

Got 13 embryos.  Another 2 fertilised but abnormally so they've been discarded.  Now have to decide between 3 and 5 day transfer.  The suggestion is now that I phone in on MOnday and see how they're all doing and if they're doing well then we make it a 5 day transfer. They seem really surprised that I am not pushing for 2  embryos! 

10/11/2012 at 15:24
Aww. Go embryos. Go embryos. Go embryos!!!!
10/11/2012 at 15:25
And is it not a bit scary that there are potentially 13 mini-yous out there
10/11/2012 at 15:46
Yes it is. I find it a bit weird and god like to be choosing one to make it. There's a bit of my doesn't really agree with it!
10/11/2012 at 17:45

I find the whole thing quite mind-boggling, it's really interesting hearing it from a 'first person' point ... have images of a hen sitting on eggs - 13 of them!!!!!

Agree with CM ... GO GO GO!!

JT - petrol?????

Lovely afternoon biking with the kids in Culbin Forest, J planned the route using the dodgy forestry commission map but it worked, so about 6.5 miles and a wee play on the beach, where I learnt that I CAN still do a cartwheel, albeit in one direction only!!

S made me chuckle yesterday ... 'mummy, is there a Granny in Need, Grandad in Need, Daddy in Need  day as well'

10/11/2012 at 19:40
2 embryos . I'm just having visions of them all sitting there nice and snugly. How are u feeling EF?
10/11/2012 at 21:35
Oh EF how exciting & terrifying for you. C'mon embryos do your thing!!!!!
Biking sounded good CC & yeah kids say such funny things eh! Mmmmmmm cartwheel, think I can still do one-just.
Hmmm petrol is a strange thing to clean I door with methinks JT!!!!! Hope you can get all the treatment commenced soon, hugs.
Blimey Lotte- 80 miles alone sounds tough but I'm sure you'll blast it lady
Caro- well done on leaving a job you didn't like. Yay.
Girls- well my three or all different. The youngest appears the most laid back at the moment although that could change I guess. She is so smiley, cheery n cuddly, a real joy.
Day 6 of detox although have cheated today and had chocolate tonight so now feel sick. Lost about 3-4 Ibs.
Wondering whether to go out with the local cycle club tomorrow but a bit scared as they will all be fast n technical...........
Entered the strathpuffer 24 MTB event end of Jan. The solo entries sold out in 3 mins!! Mental! I really must be mad attempting it, what if its so cy I can't even walk!!!!! 10 am sat to 10 am Sunday!
Have good evenings all x
10/11/2012 at 21:36
Oh and no running still since over three weeks. Small improvement in foot but still sore, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
10/11/2012 at 21:55
RF the picture of the skeleton covered in snow on the website says enough! You're mental!
10/11/2012 at 21:56
Hahahaha Caro- I will be seeing him often in those 24 hrs I think!!!!
11/11/2012 at 07:19

So exciting reading about EFs little chicks. Fingers crossed.

RF - strathpuffer sounds great fun. Good on you for entering. Go for it with the bike club.

CC - lol at the cartwheel. I can still do them too much to Emily's delight but don't think my wrists are up to too many! Thany you for  your reply about the 80 miler, all your points  have been noted and filed away! I think you are right, starting slow is important. And fuel will need more thought. Running 80 miles doesn't fill me with as much dread as walking 80 miles. I should probably have been practising some walking. Hoping some friends will accompany me for bits of it and that should help with motivation and pace.

Feeling a bit down on it. A close friend of the family died yesterday afternoon. Bloody cancer. He was diagnosed and then died within 3 weeks. He was 60 but only had one page in his doctors file, such a fit and healthy guy and then bam. 'Tis life but it sucks.

Long run after breakfast today, thats a novelty.

11/11/2012 at 08:18
Quick post - have been reading but got lazy with replies as flat out few days.
Yippee to 13 wee embryos, hopefully growing well, entering strathpuffer, quitting jobs, biking with kids (I assume you biked CC & didn't make them run 6.5m), detox, getting Xmas tat sorted, and preparing for the 80 (mad...).
Boo to feeling poorly with it EF, having to make decisions is really tough with so much at stake, boo to single parenthood yet again but fab for pinning him down on the phone CC, boo to ongoing injury RF and JT, boo to stroppy ness (hmmm don't think they ever grow out of whining, snatching and being rude),
Not sure cleaning the door with petrol is a boo or a yippee......
Fab day in Bristol yesterday with old friends which the boys loved, went to the millennium square to a place called @bristol. Very like techniquest with lots to do and learn although bit too old for Archie yet. Missed my Movember run so togged up now to join club for a muddy 12.
Back later!!
11/11/2012 at 13:59

Camlo - Hope you enjoyed your muddy 12 miler. Say out yesterday sounded lovely.

I did 22 miles this morning. It was a slog. Enjoyed some of it off road near the beginning and then ended up in a muddy bog so socks and shoes and my hands which I put out to steady me were very wet and muddy and cold for the rest of the run.

So I have done 107 miles this week. FFS! That is a bit insane. First time over 100 in a straight week. Now a couple of weeks taper and then hopefully the 80 miler if the weather plays ball.

11/11/2012 at 14:08
You said it Lotte!

EF - hope the little embryos are all doing their stuff over the weekend and dividing nicely!

We have been out for a lovely bike ride in the new forest this morning - glorious sunshine and a cold crisp day - then back for sausage, mash, peas and beans followed by baked apples with mincemeat and custard - yum! The girls finally seem a bit better, though Isabelle has been a bit whingy, and both have eaten today. Am hoping for a run of everyone feeling really well now!!
11/11/2012 at 14:09
You taper Lotte??!! Guess that means only running 80 for a week?? Don't know how your joints survive!
we were out for a good 3 hours but also found an impossible peat bog which had me thigh deep followed by wading through a pool to wash off bbbrrrrrrrrrr. Did about 14 but feels like much more due to inclines so pleased with that! Refuelled with peanut butter and banana rolls and popcorn.
Amanda - just checked starting pens for tough guy and apparently I am a 'dickhead' hence starting in the very last wave. Humph.
11/11/2012 at 16:51

Oh Vixo, I hope you all get that run of good health, you definitely deserve it! That sounds a lovely day and the food sounds totally yum!

Camlo - that's very harsh categorising!!!!

Lotte - yep that's an awesome weeks training, that's clearly what happens when you have a cold and have a week off, you make up for lost time!!!! Hope some of my ultra stuff makes sense, it's hard really as you are so much faster than me and will run way more than I ever do, very much 'suck it and see' for you me thinks! Hope weather DOES play ball, I like the way you wait until we are almost at the most short daylight hours and then go for it!!!

RFree - that mbk race sounds absolutely fabulous, if I'd been out on my bike more then it's just the thing I'd love a bash at. Sadly it's all I can do to get any running in at the moment. Hope your foot sorts itself though - have you had it looked at all??  Is there good biking trails up your way? Ones that kids might manage?  We like a change of scenery sometimes  Another question, am seriously looking at the treadmill option now - where do you keep yours? Garade would be ideal for us but not sure how it would cope in there during mid-winter and the - minus temperatures?

and yes Camlo, was on bikes round the forest, I probs could have run (might have kept warmer) but J is so much faster now I'd just lose him totally!  Am very envious of your 14-miler, complete with peat bog!!

J had rememberence day parade with the cubs in town this morning, so church service then parade lead by our new Army friends, strange seeing the brown after blue in previous years!! Trying to get final stuff typed up for pilates next weekend this afternoon while kids flung glitter and paper around the kitchen ... and then lost the hamster too! Thankfully he emerged after about half an hour of hysterics from both kids, frankly I felt like joining them. Feeling ridiculously frazzled at the mo, not good when you wake up in the morning feeling stressed before you get out of bed!!!

Right best be off here and making our haddock chowder for tea

11/11/2012 at 16:59

lotte - really you are truly exceptional!

loving reading about your weekends. we had a busy but fragmented and frustrating day yesterday - too many things to do

but... i have ordered curtains! 199.99 from dunelm mill! they are 86 inch drop though and 102 inch width, and that includes blackout lining as i end up sleeping in the lounge when we have visitors. so that's not too bad. plus N paid

i have made 220 quid on ebay this weekend, so i am also going to buy a new oven as mine is buggered now. i have no shelves now and can only cook on the bottom. stuff at the back burns and stuff at the front doesn't cook. so i have made enough to cover my new oven. only buying a single electric as cheapest option. will do me tho!

not much running - did 30 mins on treadmill tonight. doing old deerpark 10k in richmond next weekend (staying with friends). hoping my back holds up...

go embryos. go embryos. go embryos!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/11/2012 at 19:13
That sounds like a lovely race cm. Is it worth checking out comet? They had 20% off everything on top of sale prices when I was in the other day. If you pay by credit card you'll have the cover from that if there's any problems.

Ef - hope the embryos behave!

Camlo - sounds a fun run! I always manage to find the bogs! And yes, harsh categorization!

Rf - sounds hard work!

Vixo - sounds a lovely day. Hope you stay germ free! How long do you have at work?

Lotte - incredible mileage! Good luck with it, there's no way I could contemplate that!

Sorry if I've missed anyone. Went to Lacock today, finally feel on the up! It's where they filmed Cranford and Pride and Prejudice. Boys just ran and Ted completed some more of his 50 things to do before you're 11 & 3/4. Nice coffee shop and we had a picnic!

Also made Christmas cake. Trying Nigella's this year, thank goodness for the Kenwood, the mixture filled the bowl, 4.6 litres!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.