Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,441 to 37,460 of 42,849 messages
19/11/2013 at 15:29

Ooh, exciting Tatty.  Good luck xxx

19/11/2013 at 20:27

Ohhh GOOD LUCK TATTY!!!!!! Hope all goes smoothly and can't wait to see some pics!

Sonya - sounds like work is VERY frustrating, nightmare about tenants and also the childminder - blimmin deck of cards really isn't it! That's another thing about moving - I currently walk M to daycare most days so will likely have to stop that.

Hubby at home as not starting course until 10am - far out he is ANNOYING!!! He seems to forget that during the day the house is my office. Playing music, asking me endless questions etc!!! I'm dreading him finishing his course as it will mean 3 days a week of this (although hopefully he will pick up some shifts at his old work for a while).

Arrrggghhhh I just want a nice simple life...... ok scratch that I really just want a second baby but too much up in the air at the moment to think about starting trying - sigh!

19/11/2013 at 21:28
Good luck Tatty!!

((cc)) - hope you are ok x

Oh I am so much happier now the kids are back. It is like I drop off a cliff when they go though. They go again tomorrow but I get them back again on fri morning and I am also seeing them on thurs for Xmas light switch on and fireworks in town. How can I ever get over my wish to stop living when they aren't with me? It is 3yrs and 3 months now and I am no more reconciled to the situation than I was when it happened.
19/11/2013 at 22:19

(((CM))) When I miss my kids I try to focus on what fun they'll be having - I don't know if this is the case when they're at T's?  They are benefiting from being with both parents (much as we all know what a loser T is) and personally I can say that makes for a more stable individual (though maybe I was always destined to be loopy ).  I can't imagine how you feel, however, so I am in awe of you just getting through each week and looking forward to getting them back again.  Keep looking at the longer term picture and how it will help your kids overall and try not to focus on how much you miss them as you will still miss them regardless. Sorry I'm waffling on again.

Bollox to the bike Sonya, people are scum. My friend tells me she has found one now but thank you and grr to hubby's sneaky tactics!

GOOD LUCK TATTY!!!!! 

More lesson planning...

19/11/2013 at 22:20

A new Kindle, not bike...

19/11/2013 at 22:26

Go Tatty!!! Hope you enjoy meeting your wee girl xx

Arse to everything else, was bike insured Sonia? 

19/11/2013 at 22:28

But would you be any happier if and T were still together??  I think you know the answer to that.  Enjoy lights and fireworks, sounds fun!  

I am at the London vet show thurs/fri so am staying thurs night with a friend who lives nr Olympia, as it's a 90 min schlep across town from here.  She runs, so we're gong for a run together thurs night and I am very excited as I never get to run with anyone!

19/11/2013 at 22:54
No I wouldn't have coped staying with him. But it's not quite that simple either. I crave having them sleeping in their beds with me every night. But this is about me not them. Am sure they are fine with T although neither of them really wants to go. I think they are ok when they are there and they are both thriving at school so I think they must be ok. I think my anxiety and stress is more about me. Gah

Sorry about your bike Sonya

And Hoggle - it never rains but it pours. Nightmare.
20/11/2013 at 16:44

Any Tatty news?  I can't access FB at work.

I think we're all guilty of thinking 'what if' all the time, and wondering if the grass is greener CM........

20/11/2013 at 17:00
Yup. Tatty's hubby has posted
20/11/2013 at 17:08

Hello ladies - for the first time in months have found a small window of opportunity to have a quick catch up here. Sorry to read some of you going through tough times and black clouds. Good to hear about impending new arrivals though - look forward to seeing some pictures of Tatty's little one soon.

So we've been through some ups and downs since I last posted. FIL passing away at beginning of Sept was very hard on all of us. He'd been ill for a long time (non hodgkins lymphoma and then other blood / bone marrow related problems caused by the chemo) but he deteriorated very quickly at the end and about 2 weeks after the doctors said they couldn't offer any more treatment he passed away. Girls all handled it differently, Lily just won't talk about it, Issie has pictures of Grampa all over her bedroom wall and Anna is just too young to really understand. Very sad.

Another worry is that Issie is now being assessed for dyslexia. She has always been behind her peers in reading and writing but I'd been assured by previous teachers that "all children learn at different speeds" and that because she is one of the youngest in the class it might take her longer to pick things up. But by the start of this school year it was clear there was something more going on as as well as struggling with the reading she still reverses a lot of letters and some numbers too when writing. Fortunately the head of year is fantastic and is really supportive so Issie is getting a lot of additional help but we're just waiting now for the LEA to send somebody to do the official assessment so we know what we're dealing with.

Positives are that Anna started nursery in September and absolutely loves it. She does one full day and 4 half days and has lots of friends already. Lily is in the running club at school and was selected for the school to run in the borough cross country race the other week. She did brilliantly and I was so proud of her. Hubby's business is taking off a bit more now he has more time to devote to it when Anna is at nursery so he's added another 2 midweek bootcamp sessions and has managed to fill most of the places with mums from school. With Xmas coming up the extra money will definitely help.

I'm still plodding along with my running. Don't know what has happened lately though as the last few months every run I do feels hard even if only running for 4 or 5 miles. I know I'm not running as often as at the beginning of the year when I was running 5 or 6 times a week but I'm still getting out 3 times a week at least. Oh well, will keep going for as long as my old legs will let me.

Anyway, hope you ladies are all keeping well and will try not to leave it another 6 months before catching up with you all again. Although I feel like I'm keeping up to date by nosying at what a lot of you are up to through FB x

Oh, and Caro - have you been to the new Leyton lagoon yet, hubby took kids the other week and they loved it.

20/11/2013 at 17:55

Well tell me then!! meanie.........

20/11/2013 at 18:00

Yes to leyton leisure lagoon and I even went down the flume!  We really should meet there sometime (rather than at a freezing cold reindeer run!)

How old is Issie? And what yr is she in?  I guess the main thing is it has been picked up.  Hubby is dyslexic and wasn't diagnosed till he was at uni.  That's great about hubby's business. 

Sad about F in L.  Mine starts radiotherapy after xmas and everyone I've spoken to says its worse than chemo, side effects etc so I don't know how he and M in L will cope esp as its daily trips to Colchester hosp for several wks (1/2 hr drive) and M in L doesn't drive so he will be driving himself.  Really not sure how that is going to work.

I am planning on doing Roding Valley 1/2 next yr so come along and join in   Or hubby.

20/11/2013 at 18:09

Giovanna Edith, she looks scrumptious!  No weight as yet!

huge congratulations Tatty and family xxx

20/11/2013 at 18:10

Caro go to tatty's FB page and you can see Announcement and pic  

20/11/2013 at 18:12

I can't I'm at work!!!!

Thanks for putting me out of my misery

Congrats Tatty!

Edited: 20/11/2013 at 18:13
20/11/2013 at 18:30

Some charities provide transport too &from hospital for radiotherapy, my friend's Mum got 

taken too & from hospital for her treatment by charity volunteers.

20/11/2013 at 18:37

Doh didn't read that bit! Well now you know. And she's gorge. 

20/11/2013 at 19:38

Awwwwww great to see the new addition - sooo cute!!!

20/11/2013 at 21:14

Congratulations to TB - cute photo on FB, love the scrummy little babas.

Sorry to hear about your FIL Caro - might be worth looking into the charity transport thing TT was talking about as my FIL was too weak to drive himself during chemo.

Shows how education has changed I guess, in that your hubby got all the way to uni before being diagnosed. Issie is 6 and in year 2, so it's her last year at infants and if she is dyslexic I want her (and us) to be prepared for how this is going to affect her going into juniors next year and what we can do to help her. Hate to think of her having to struggle all the way through school.

Will give Roding Valley some thought - might be the goal I need to work towards.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.