Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,461 to 37,480 of 45,822 messages
24/02/2013 at 19:52

God I came on for a quick read....see 2 pages and am off!  Will catch up with the ipad later in bed.  

But.....given that the topic seems to be food this is what I have eaten today.....

Breakfast - pancakes with syrup.

lunch - birthday cake

now - wine

So.....I need to go and eat something proper!!!  I have a large bowl of portugeuese kale soup with my name on it (google it, it is DELICIOUS!) plus fresh bread from the machine.  I could NEVER give up bread!

24/02/2013 at 19:53

I love my enormous bowls of muesli for breakfast too -especially the nutty ones. Porridge is useless for me, burn it off too quick and it leaves me hungry and energyless!!  But my daughter eats enormous bowls of it and it keeps her fuelled for hours - she will even eat it cold.

Spent most of the weekend shouting at all members of the household ... five weeks of no training has hit ... please please please can I do something this week, for the familys sake if no-one elses!!!!  I kept trying to think of CM and how much she misses her babies, but I'm sorry, mine have been too much in face recently!!

24/02/2013 at 19:54

fresh warm bread is the best ... am very partial to homemade soda bread - esp with homemade soup

24/02/2013 at 20:44

We get through a lot of pasta here, I like it a lot.  Bread, we change regularly but I like seeded wholemeal ones the best, have been eating the Burgen bread with chia seeds in it while it has been on offer.

I baked cheese and sweetcorn muffins yesterday which were most popular with me and Benedict, Martha and Aidan are a bit pedestrian in their tastes at the moment.  I will make pizza dough if I have time but buy pizza too.

I eat a fair amount of bolognese, mean to try more recipes but often go back to the old pasta favourites.

CC - same here, my two are simply not listening to me and are driving me bonkers.

Angelicals - great story, Benedicts delivery was also quick and I felt like I was in shock afterwards, shaky and sick.  Nice not to have stitches and to be in the pool though!

24/02/2013 at 20:49
Wow Anj. Great race report. I want a quick one next time but I do also want enough notice to get an epidural!!

Overdue well dones to lotte and Sonya for racing.

Total tangent but ??45 to enter edinburgh rock n roll half ?! I suppose I couldn't care less about music every mile so whole concept lost on me but still. Also the "coastal road" pic in RW- holyrood park by my reckoning!
24/02/2013 at 20:52
Food wise we all had sweet n sour chicken and veg stir fry for tea about 6. Came down after bedtime and frankly could have eaten another main meal. Had bagel (white) with Philly ham and cucumber. I think I cld def improve my diet! Maybe once I'm back to vaguely normal eating habits!
24/02/2013 at 21:10

Interesting chat about carbs etc. I have never considered cutting them out - enjoy them too much and am never particularly concerned about weight. I don't weigh myself and only act if clothes become tight. I am usually around 65-67kg and am 5 ft 10. I love bread and potatoes, enjoy rice and eat a reasonable amount of pasta. Also am a fan of cakes etc. I definitely could do with reducing the amount of refined sugar in my diet and as my spell on the bench looks to be a long one I probably need to take that more seriously (having just eaten choc cake for morning tea - friend dropped off a piece of her hubbies birthday cake).

Osteo again this morning (in answer to your earlier question Anj - I don't think there are heaps of osteo's here but am not sure - where in NZ would you like to end up?). Movement etc in my lower back has improved heaps, still very tight hip (glute/hip flexor). However he says that the nerve pain won't go until the compression on the nerve goes away. Hoping to get an MRI after specalist appointment as that will show if it's a tear which would need surgery. So I am generally feeling much better as long as I don't stand/walk much! Fat butt here I come!!! I have about a 5 min limit on both before the nerve pain increases too much.

24/02/2013 at 22:11
Humble white spud also hi in potassium amongst other things, which is very goid for u.
24/02/2013 at 22:12
or good, what the Hell is goid? lol
24/02/2013 at 22:16
Well it's 10ish + I still have half a bottle of wine + 550calories to eat, I love long run day.
24/02/2013 at 22:16
Good grief! Well I have eaten now so reading about food is ok as I'm not hungry. I figure that since all my bread is home made then it's ok. I did a super quick loaf this evening for M's packed lunch (all her packed lunch bread is home made too) but even that has chia seeds and malt in it. I rarely just use white flour, usually mix a load of things together, including oats, linseeds, I have a load of ground up nuts with co enzyme Q10 that I throw in, whole meal flour, etc etc. never herd of chia seeds before CC mentioned them a while back but they sound great for omega
3, so why not? I watched Hugh's fish fight last night and it is v interesting although he can be a bit annoying, and it was all about the fishing of krill in the Antarctic, for making into krill supplements for fish oil capsules. Basically if we don't watch out we will destroy the Antarctic Eco system by hoovering all the krill out of the sea, so if a super seed provides as good omega 3 then surely that is better?

Hubby is a star and will eat anything. Indeed if I haven't made dinner or if he is out late, he just comes home and happily eats bread, veggies and olive oil. We always have broad beans, soy beans, peas, sweet corn in the freezer, and normally broccoli, kale and spinach in the fridge. I have given up coffee this yr for lent, but thought maybe next yr I'd give up meat. We both eat 140g pasta, twice what the packet says you need per person. At the moment I still have lots of Xmas and valentine choccie in the house that I am slowly working my way through -nice hotel chocolat stuff. I like cake, and like Minks am a fan of all things dairy.

If I do remember to weigh myself on wed at work it will be interesting, as I am not running, but walking loads, and still feeding E twice a day. I suspect I weigh less than I think I do.

Lovely day today with friends and at a party, dad coming tomorrow for a few days, mainly so I can work on wed as someone needs to pick up the kids for me as I don't get home till 8. Having a small b day gathering for E on thurs, just 4 mums and their babies. Didn't want to do it at half term due to the big brothers and sisters! So more excuse to make and eat cake!
24/02/2013 at 22:17
Oh hoggle you are having a time of it. And all you other injured ones. Take heart though, you'll all be back before me! I am so looking forward to September and getting back out there. Andy says I must be missing running when I'm reading articles about 6 day races through the mountains and thinking they look amazing rather than my usual comment of not in a million years!

A cautious improvement in nausea I think. Not good yesterday but that was cos I had to open fridge then deal with milk - it was totally fine but as it was within 2 days of use by date I had to bin it as that's just too close for me these days - so puked in kitchen sink but generally nausea only for a few hrs rather than constant. I did however have to go to bed at lunchtime with terrible heartburn. Still having major cravings for refreshing things. Getting through lots of citrus fruit.
24/02/2013 at 22:19
Oh yes, great story Anj, why were you reluctant about water? I can't believe they suggested going home at 4am! I had Eric around the same time of day but at least was offered a bed!

EF how many wks are you now? When will you tell Lou?
24/02/2013 at 22:26
X posts. I'm not doing weight just now for obvious reasons and must try to remember to phone tomorrow for blood sugar result- forgot on Friday. It'll be high I know but hopefully not too high.

2 mile walk today in snow. Joy! Almost all gone now luckily.

Booked tickets to the fina diving champs at commonwealth pool in April. Ticket master is such a frigging con. Two quid to email me the flaming tickets so I can print them out myself on my paper with my ink?! And it wasn't an admin charge cos that had already been added in! Still it should be fun. 10m all sold out so we are going to 3m prelim round.

Also booked center parcs activities for our week there -4 wks tomorrow - signed Lou up for archery based on her pleading today for now and arrow like Merida and some forest creations thing which is my idea of hell but she will love.

Also booked her a day of ballet summer school - MR we are doing wed 3/7 if Megan fancies it.

So lots of bits of organisation achieved. Andy has sorted out paperwork this wkend too.
24/02/2013 at 22:29
17 +3. Lou knows now. She's very excited. Had to tell her cos my tummy is huge and she was getting worried at my sickness. Tho she wants a sister. Mum sugg it could easily be a boy "well it can just stay in there then". Hmm. We may have our work cut out! Scan 14/3. Will find out flavour then if poss and got to pray all ok as cannot imagine explaining that to Lou.
24/02/2013 at 22:31
By ok I mean the serious stuff obv, she'll just have to deal with a boy!

And that was a bow not now. Flipping autocorrect.
24/02/2013 at 22:37
Well M once said she wanted a sister called lily but got a brother called Eric and that was it. She loves him to bits, today at this party we were at in a play place she would be miles away up some high slide one minute, then rush down to give him a cuddle, then be off again. So sweet. She fortunately is an agreement with hubby and I that this family doesn't need any more babies though!
24/02/2013 at 22:38
When I was pregnant she did talk to the bump and tell it to be a girl, but by the end we got her to understand that all that mattered was that it was healthy.
24/02/2013 at 22:39
Aww that is lovely. I'm sure Lou will be fine, it's just that all my family knows is girls so she's the same! No boys at all this generation, 6 girls so far!
24/02/2013 at 22:42
And all I can think is 2.5 weeks to halfway
Plus will stop much earlier than I did with Lou as have loads of hols, all to be taken by end dec so will have her entire summer hol off. Think that will be 35 wks or so whereas went over 38 with Lou.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.