Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,461 to 37,480 of 43,686 messages
21/11/2013 at 09:53

Karen - hard one, but there is support that can be accessed and it sounds like the school is on the ball.  I worry about J and his handwriting because it is beyond awful. But school isn't bothered particularly. He's not dyslexic - he just can't write legibly. Or at least, he won't write legibly. Hates writing, so won't do it. E on the other hand ...

Back at work today after over a month off. First thing I had in my inbox was a 'great place to work survey'. oh how ironic.

Speaking to my boss later - supposed to have a return to work interview, but not sure that will happen.

21/11/2013 at 10:01

My brother's handwriting is disgraceful and he is 

38 yrs old, he is a really good artist too and does really 

intricate craft stuff as a pastime, u Would think someone who is 

so artistic would have lovely writing but no. Camryn's writing looks 

older than his. 

21/11/2013 at 10:06

Yes - J loves art too. He takes lots of care with his drawing and has spent hours and days colouring and does it very carefully. But writing - god no, he hates it! so it's not about pen control as such. No idea what it's about really!

21/11/2013 at 10:58

Ah hello all. Long time since I've been on the runners world forum. So I have just skimmed the last couple of pages so probably missed loads. But as Karen says I kinda keep up with some of your life's via FB!!!!

huge congratulations to TB. Ahhhhhhhh she looks so adorable & lovely name. Enjoy those fab newborn snuggles.

sorry to hear there black clouds around. I hope they vanish soon. Hugs to Karen for FIL, very sad for you all & I guess the girls will all deal with it differently. When we lost 1 Aunty & 3 uncles in the last couple of years Ruby just laughed(6 at the time) and would wander around saying stupid things that I found quite hard. When my friend died 5 years ago ( aged 36) I was vy upset but they were all too young to understand. hubby was very unsupportive. Anyway must stop waffling.

im worried as we haven't ordered any Santa presents yet, yikes!

still enjoying my new job although already been there 6 months. Some lovely girls, a good team that on the whole work well together. It's manic some days & the patients can be pretty sick but you do feel that you are helping & mostly patients and 

21/11/2013 at 11:06

relatives are very thankful which is nice for a change!!! It's not often in nursing these days that you are appreciated!!!

still trying to get out cycling as much as possible & running when I can fit it in but that's not very often. Not been swimming for a while. Last did an open water swim about a month ago and brrrrrrrrrrr it was cold!!!!!!! I have now done about 2200 miles biking, running & few miles swimming this year!!! This month I am doing a challenge of 100 sit ups, 100 press ups & 100 squats every day! I would have a great six pack if I kept my hands out of the biscuit tin & sweetie cupboard!!!!! Hahahahahaha but then life would be boring eeh.

Have entered into the "strathpuffer" agin middle of Jan. Am obviously slightly deranged in the head. Why would I do that again??!!!!!! 

Anyway betta go as said I would get M a snack ages ago!!! She fell asleep in the bike trailer at half nine when I was out for a wee bike/ run with my friend. We did 6 miles & took turns running / cycling with the trailer, was good fun & we had a good gossip!

M is tired as keeps waking up several times in the night because of " monsters" .

21/11/2013 at 13:40

CM - I take it that work may have contributed to you needing a month off. Hope you manage to get back into the swing of things and it's not too stressful. My work is ok, like RF I'm lucky enough to work (mostly) with a good bunch of people, but still the idea of doing this for the next 20 years makes me want to run away sometimes.

My hubby has awful writing too - he doesn't think it's that bad but I think it's a scrawl. Issie's writing is perfectly legible and not too bad (for a 6 yr old) but like I said she'll reverse a lot of letters including s, n, and p - so it's obvious it's more than just your standard kids getting b and d the wrong way round. She'll also muddle letters so if she's writing "love" she'll write "lvoe" - all the right letters just not in the right order.

RF - I think the strathpuffer sounded fun ... but only for other people, would never be able to manage something like that myself. You must enjoy it really, so good luck and have fun.

I keep forgetting about the plank challenge - will have to set a reminder on my phone or something so I do it every day. Whenever I remember I do a 1:30 one but I think I've only remembered 3 times so far - where is everybody else up to on it?

Camlo    pirate
22/11/2013 at 15:18

morning folks.... Just got to Bath and enjoyed a fab lunch but not so fab that the xmas markets dont start until next weekend..... Doh! Also not impressed that my Mum called by first thing and instead of giving me a birthday present she walked off with one i had just opened.... 

Have checked into our hotel and hubby now snoring loudly..... i will give him 15 mins then I'm off shopping with or without him! 

22/11/2013 at 18:38

Happy Birthday Camlo, hope Mr Camlo woke up and whisked you off out for an afternoon of shopping.  I think you said you were heading to the spa too, sounds lovely. 

Karen, up to about day 27 of my plank and ab challenge.  Is up to 4 minutes now for the planks but I can't do 4, it seemed to jump ridiculously quickly after building up slowly at the start it then jumped 3 - 3.5 - 4 minutes really quickly.  Last night I did 1.25, rested, 1.25, rested then finished with 1.5.  Mr TT did ask if that was allowed but I'm sure someone over on FB said it was.

Stressed to the max with everything we have going on at the moment.  My elbows have both broken out in a lovely scaley, blistery rash.  Not pretty.  We have just 1 week until we go away so I'm hanging on to that thought.  The hotel is all inclusive and there are kids' activities too so I'm hoping to get a few hours each day to myself.  At least now that my stress is showing itself externally, Mr TT can see for himself how this is all affecting me as I tend to internalize my problems.

CM, hope first days back at work were OK (()).

22/11/2013 at 18:47

Hmmmm those hashes were supposed to be hugs

22/11/2013 at 19:07

Karen I did 1 day and then completely forgot! Really need to give myself a kick up the backside as naturally when life got busy all my good work went out the window!! Must try harder!!

Off to the swimming pool this afternoon so will have to get my pudgy pale body out in public - yuck!!! I hate this part of summer when you are so while its grey!

Sis and family coming up this weekend which I'm really looking forward to. They have rented a holiday cottage which means we get all the fun without having to do the work of looking after guests!!

22/11/2013 at 19:09

Hugs to you Ttid - life sounds very stressful at the moment for you. Glad you have a lovely break to look forward to!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Camlo - I hope you get spoilt rotten!!!

22/11/2013 at 20:34

We usually run at around 9 on the stress levels, has definitely been up around 10 this last few weeks.........

22/11/2013 at 21:09

Boo to stress levels TT, hope things calm down soon.

Karen - I was doing it then completely forgot for a few days!  

Nicky's currently asking if it's Christmas pretty much every day, and Sophie was bouncing at bedtime because she's written her first letter to Santa and put her Christmas wish (using magic wishing glitter) inside it!  We sneaked a peek and her wish is that she gets lots of presents - should be able to manage that one .

I had a slightly odd afternoon in that I was invited on a CPD course at a language school where I would like to work but have so far only got on their email cover list.  It was interesting (well, if you find different approaches to teaching grammar interesting ) but I didn't know anyone there nor do I work there!  Nicky had a nice time with his grandparents anyway - we have Travelling Teddy for the weekend too .

Happy birthday Camlo !  Hope you enjoy your weekend .

22/11/2013 at 21:31

Matilda keeps adding amendments to her list - the latest thing was ice no!   I have just been at the london vet show for 2 days so have picked up loads of tat from the commercial exhibition suitable for xmas stockings - a fleecy blanket (probably meant for your dog) a yo yo, pens, sweets, fluffy chickens, bags.  The trouble is they all have some kind of veterinary advertising on them, which obviously wont mean anything to Eric, but Matilda might wonder......

23/11/2013 at 07:59

Happy birthday camlo and tangie!

23/11/2013 at 09:26

23/11/2013 at 12:19

Yes. Happy birthday Camlo and TT!

23/11/2013 at 21:21

Happy birthday TT!  Same day as my sis 

23/11/2013 at 23:36

Happy birthday TT and Camlo. Hope you are both having fab weekends. I'm still alive and now 6 weeks post baby's arrival. Been reading but no sort of routine yet so hard to post. Huge hugs to those of you who need them. I've been sorry to read about all the black clouds Camlo & CM especially. And also MM thinking of you & the other absentees at the mo. 

Glad folk are still running & impressively too Caro! And well done on park run PBs JG. I went for a tiny weeny "run" the other day. Waited till darkness so no one would see me run/mostly walk along the pavements. Only did 20mins of which probably less than 10 was actual jogging but it was a start! Had physio this week & tummy muscles are healed and back together so it's just a case of building up again slowly I guess. Got into Berlin marathon for 2014 so it's nice to have a goal for a years time ! 

Will try to keep up better now. So sorry to hear about the various house issues and tenant issues too. Hope all works out. 

Right little Isaac seems to be asleep now so I'll move him into his crib...,, oh and before I go - CONGRATS TATTY B!!! loving the pics on FB and what a great name! 

24/11/2013 at 00:10

Love the name Isaac

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.