Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,501 to 37,520 of 42,882 messages
28/11/2013 at 21:24

Well done EF!  My cousin, the one on the 2013 FB challenge, lost 89lb with weight watchers and her new found love of running - not that you have that much to lose but you can do it!  I am doing a 5 mile race with her on Sunday, it will be the first time I will have seen her run.  It's over in west London and Yve who used to post on here and is still on FB is running too, so may meet up - I think she and my cousin are in the same running club.

Just discovered that one of the dads on the PTA with me is in the BBC prog The Choir - next wks episode is citi bank and he will feature.  He is however sworn to secrecy so cannot tell me who has won!

Proud mummy moment, Matilda has moved up to stage 4 in swimming,  - yay!  I'm really happy as she tries so hard.

Hubby should be back from HKG by the time I get up tomorrow - his flight lands at 4.45am so hopefully I will awake to the smell of coffee wafting from the kitchen.

That is awful Hoggle, since you're only moving coz you have to.  But I suppose it means they can't put it on the market tomorrow and kick you out next month.  Definitely worth staying out as you don't want to pay double rent or rent and mortgage if you're no longer living there.

28/11/2013 at 21:53

Well done Matilda! I am also pleased with Lou this week as she has skipped all of stage 8 and gone straight to stage 9 with biff chip and kipper. Hurrah. 

28/11/2013 at 22:16

Had horrible news today, my friend moved to Australia 3yrs 

ago with her husband and 2 girls (who are now 10 & 13) and were loving their new life, but 8 wks ago her husband collapsed at 

work and ended up in hospital where he was diagnosed with 

leukemia. He died this morning. Just can't take it in. Her brother is 

married to my best friend too and we just can't believe it, all in shock. 

He was such a big strong healthy man, he was an ex soldier, and those 

poor girls. Just heart breaking 

28/11/2013 at 22:26

As I just commented on a friends FB post-life's too short.  Just get out there, enjoy it, and be the best person you can be, because none of us have any idea what's around the corner.  How terribly sad TT, I hope they find the inner strength to keep going, in the knowledge that things can only get better.

i had a desperately sad man in my consulting room on wed.  I was just about to put his cat to sleep (cancer), he was off work for bereavement as he'd buried his brother in law last wk, he lived by himself and his cat was his best bud.  I'd never met the guy before and things like that generally don't get to me, but I did lie in bed land think of him, all alone in his flat without his feline friend to keep him company. 

Ok I'll stop rambling now and go to bed!

28/11/2013 at 22:34

I would b a blubbing wreck every day if did ur job 

Caro, would b no use to anyone. Just read all the lovely 

messages on my friends fb page and was blubbing snottering mess. 

28/11/2013 at 22:59

So sorry to hear about your friend TT, hope she can still get the support she needs being so far from home. 

JG Grrr to looking preg, i have had that too and makes you feel shit. 

Hoggle - it seems very unfair if they are effectively kicking you out in feb that they would expect you to stay right up until the end. Glad the butt is working again! 

Caro, what a lovely wake up for you, will he then crash into bed with jetlag though?

Kinsey - Dont know how you stick it being sole carer so much. I would go stir crazy

Question for all you club members- how much subs do you pay and do you insist runners cough up straight away. We only pay £15 for affiliation and £5 for the club but some people come out with us every week and havent 'joined' so arent insured??

Did hill reps tonight, tried to copy the gazelle who makes it looks easy but,  er,   Failed. 

28/11/2013 at 23:15

oh how awful for your friend, TT. that is so sad - such a shock too.

i don't find i blub at anything really. i am sure i'm not normal. i certainly don't blub at stuff on the telly or stuff people write. i must be emotionally stunted or something. hmmmm. however, i do blub when my kids are sad. so there's a heart in there somewhere.

i did some running tonight. and i ran last night. and i'm planning to run tomorrow. what has happened to me?? 

28/11/2013 at 23:16

gosh we pay about 35 quid a year i think - that includes affiliation.

28/11/2013 at 23:19

That is so heartbreaking about your friend TT and so far from home too.

Camlo - that sounds like very cheap subs so it seems like people are taking the piss really. But then I would say that - I've just had to take a club to task as they were not declaring all their membership numbers to us. They pay a fee per child to the governing body and if they under declare they dodge paying what they should. More importantly, we are funded by Sport NZ based on numbers of members and if our membership drops because a load of clubs did that they could easily reduce our funding which would mean we could give less support to the club. Long story but often the individual is not aware of the importance of actually being a  registered member!

Considering going pick you own strawberrying this afternoon - fun!!

29/11/2013 at 00:03

Friends inlaws are in Oz just now and her parents will b 

flying out asap, they r just back a few wks ago. No idea what 

she is going to do in the months to come tho. The girls are 

settled there now but might b too much alone. So she may 

come back, doubt she's allowed herself to think that far ahead. 

Wish I didn't blub quite as easy, I blub at everything on tv, I blub 

walking throo graveyards and reading headstones (there is one near me that I run throo regular, where the Aria statue is at side of 

m80), blub at classical music, can't do confrontation as blub if get too emotional. Ridiculous! I am 

also very analytical and logical so it just doesn't match up.

Good going on the running CM

29/11/2013 at 07:59
Good luck Lotte!!!!
29/11/2013 at 09:32

good luck lotte!

gosh yes, cc - that would make  me bawl. when J was upset going into school the other week and wouldn't tell me what was wrong, i cried. i've had to go in and see his teacher this week about another boy who is hassling him. wouldn't say it's bullying as such - this boy is autistic. J wasn't crying about it but he had told all his friends that he was leaving and moving to another school. and the teacher had heard about it. fortunately he also asked me if he could move to the other school, so i was able to go in and see the teacher and hopefully it will get sorted out. he's much more withdrawn since half term, so something is bothering him. seeing my kids genuinely troubled about something is horrid.

29/11/2013 at 14:45

oh no, cc - that's not on. poor boy. kids can be so bloody cruel, can't they? they say such awful things to each other. glad your J told you. getting any information out of my J is really hard work. in this case he was only being called a 'big fat baby' but the boy was following him constantly making stupid noises in his face and waving his hands in his face. i guess if that happens every play time constantly, it would p1ss you off eventually. i don't know why he didn't tell the playground supervisor. anyway, j knows that this boy has some behavioural issues - and to be honest, in the infants it was six of one, half a dozen of the other and J used to get in trouble for fighting with this boy. but J has now matured a bit, whereas the other boy is still being silly constantly (which is sort of understandable i guess given his additional needs). of all the things that could have been bothering him, i didn't think it would be this boy. shows how wrong you can be! 

29/11/2013 at 23:24

Bullying is so difficult to address, Tom told me his friend is being called gay all the time which is troubling Tom because he feels worried that sticking by his friend increases the risk of being targetted himself. Ggrrrrr

Club fees seem very cheap to me too but there will always be some who argue over every penny. Some of our club didnt realise the london mara place only comes because of affiliated members- they do now as they cant go in the draw for it if not paid up!! 

Hoggle mmmmmmmm strawberries

Lotte has got to london, not sure when her race starts? Tomorrow first light? is it far from London too? 

CM - fab running girl, hope you have found your mojo. Love the elf pic on fb, our dinosaurs have just about caused mischief in every room! 

30/11/2013 at 08:16

I did look up where it was but can't remember. its not London, more Sussex/Hampshire way I think.  Forecast is nice though, about 6c and no rain all wk end. 

I'm going to cycle to Pilates this morning.  Finally for round to ordering a helmet last night.  Really need to find some sort of cycling proficiency course as have lost all my student bravado when it comes to cycling on the road.

All I can hear is crying from breakfast but having been away for a week I'm sure hubby can cope on his own.  I'll get up soon.......

30/11/2013 at 09:06
She starts at 10! It's north of reading, so Berkshire I think, not near enough for us to go along and cheer her on unfortunately.

Agh, was going to do a decent post but need to go and do an urgent nappy change. My life is so glamorous!
30/11/2013 at 14:37

Know that feeling, Vixo! My little baby is a poo factory!!!

((TT)) How awful Hope she gets the support she needs in the days and months ahead. Cannot begin to imagine. 

£20 for my subs too. We get some people running who aren't paid up but the club secretary is pretty good a chasing them. Does take the mickey when people don't pay. Makes me grrrr. 

Good luck Lotte!

Yay to weight loss, EF . I am amused every time I get on the scales just now. have lost 9kg in 10 days, lol. 

Boo to the comment, JG  

Great reading/swimming

good news on the bum, Hoggle!

Have come to the conclusion that we have an easy baby. I know, shouldn't curse it, but so far so good! I realise now that JP was actually quite hard. I thought colic etc was normal... Last night she fed at 8.30, 12, 4.15, 5.30 (after making room with three huge poos!) and then 8.10. The only time she didn't go straight back off was after the 4.15 feed. Seems to be most awake at that time of the morning! Ah well. 

30/11/2013 at 23:55

Great bum ?? Haha 

Wasnt sure whatbthat was about untik remembered hoggle had been working hard! 

Good that younare gettint a pattern Ttatyy, i used ti find afew hours sleep in one go was enoutpgh to keep me sane.

Will Lootte have finished now? No,  It eas the 100 wasnt it so guessing 24hrs at least?

Been out fkr cmas dinner with running club tonight only hd 4 wine spritsets but aplear to have lost the abiltiu to type.... Never nind i am due at theb leisure centre at 9 and i will swqet it out tomoorew. 

01/12/2013 at 00:11
Haha Camlo! How's the head today?
01/12/2013 at 21:17

Bleugh, woke up with a tummy like a tumble drier, spinning and giving off hot gas! However i dutifully dragged my butt out to club and jogged off a 7 miler. 

LOTTE - OMG, how can you say on fb anyone could do A 100 miler?? Not a bliddy chance! You are up there with the elite of the elite, 17th overall out of 140ish starters?? Jeeps that is some running! I am in awe and have told everyone i know about it today. 

CC - hope you get some kip tonight, i am already in bed watching im a celeb and hoping i feel better tomorrow! Did i see on fb you had a good run today? 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.