Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,541 to 37,560 of 43,535 messages
05/12/2013 at 14:09

Aw boo to the teacher leaving JG. Trampolines here always have to be tied down all year round. We lost one over a 6 foot wall in August one year!

Yes CC lets plan a three peaks! Will google that welsh one. I'll get back to you on the WHW dates, should hear this weekend if I get in to the race. My plan so far is a couple of short races early in the year (10k and HM) I need to bag an island games qualifying time between Jan - Sept so be good to tick that off. Then possibly dee 33 in March, waiting to hear if I get selected for the 100k which is 3rd May, then WHW end of June. If I don't make the 100k team then I have aplace in the Cateran ultra which is in May. Might try the Devil in August and then have Glenmore 24 in Sept.

Edited: 05/12/2013 at 14:10
05/12/2013 at 14:13

Don't really know why toe keeps getting infected tbh, 

there is no scabby bit visible like you would get with an ingrown 

toenail. just toe gets inflamed, red and itchy and hot. Antibiotics 

helped it last time but didn't completely take it away, had to keep 

applying fucidin cream for couple of wks after antibiotics b4 

it went. but now it's back again. 

Have run very little recently and it doesn't feel irritated in any 

of the 3 pairs of shoes I run in. So can only assume it's just dirt 

getting trapped under loose nail, nail is attached at sides and base, so not 

flapping about and bn like that for nearly a yr. Was caused by 

bruising I got from brooks adrenalines which haven't run in since Jan/Feb. 2 other damaged nails have taken yr or 2 to reattach and grow normally again.

The joys!

05/12/2013 at 14:57

thanks all

back to GPs at 1720 so will let you know what she says

i want to get back into running properly. i miss it. gah

05/12/2013 at 16:27

Have ordered that camphor spray, £3.65 + free postage on amazon, so worth a go.

05/12/2013 at 17:53

ah lovely GP . she has changed my meds - said that citalopram obviously wasn't going to suit me, and the sleep disturbances and the sweating were due to the drugs. the problem is the alternatives are another SSRI like citalopram which will potentially do the same thing; or else mirtazapine, which I have had before (and I know Tatty has too) and it makes you so starving that you put on loads of weight - literally like a stone in 2 weeks! last time I was shovelling packets of jelly babies in non-stop. it's like sugar craving but x1000. so I turned those down too. which means that I am back on the old type of antidepressants, which they don't really like prescribing these days but I did have them when BF J and I got on ok with them, so fingers crossed...

conference call went badly. told that, unless both my legs dropped off, I had to be in hemel tues - fri next week. I have kids tues and also weds (unusually) next week as T is in Germany on Weds. it's also J's concert on weds. so I can't do it. I have told them - waiting for the fall out...

05/12/2013 at 19:51

Hugs CM - so many things combining to make life tough. I hope they concede on the Hemel thing - some things are just not possible.

CC and Lotte your race lists for the year make me feel tired just thinking about them!! Amazing though! I have woken up with that kind of paralysing tiredness where you just want to creep back under the duvet and sleep all day - sadly not an option!

I had a performance appraisal with my manager yesterday. It went really well and I got a surprise pay-rise. Only small but always gratefully received!

Just an example of how awesome she is! I collected her in the morning and we met at home and then went to a meeting at the local Sports Trust together at lunch time. Meeting went past 2pm so I had to dash off and collect Matilda and bring her back to the meeting for another 30 mins. No-one blinks an eye and my manager told me that she thinks my time management and productivity are great which was nice to hear because I'm always a little conscious that I finish work at 2pm and don't catch up in the evening anywhere near as often as I should.

Getting a Christmas tree this weekend and Matilda is so excited. Apparently she stands by the daycare one with a big smile just looking at it. I asked her what happens at Christmas time and she said - Christmas trees! SO I think we can dodge Father Christmas again this year! We were supposed to be going camping this weekend but weather looks crap so will plan some fun activities from home.

05/12/2013 at 22:30

Glad you got meds changed, can N help out at all with childcare so you can go CM? 

Boo to winds and storms, hang in their folks! 

Xmas trees are lovely arent they, no wonder M is mesmerized Hoggle, fab news about the payrise too. 

JG hope teacher change goes ok, we were told today that Archie can move up to yr 1 at xmas instead of next Sep so will have his 3rd teacher and hes only just 5!

We had xmas fayre tonight, lots of simple ideas - win bottle whiskey £1 a ticket, chinese and ordinary raffle, stick nose on the reindeer & number of jumps in a minute (20p a go), name the xmas monkey and pick a square to win xmas pud (50p a go), face painting and hair braiding, bottle tombola and another with balloons and footballs,  lots to part you from your cash! 

CC your legs will indeed drop off! 

05/12/2013 at 23:06
Wow Hoggle. Well done. Sounds like fab boss. Mind you - you do fab juggling. As we all do

And wow to Archie too!

No N can't help. He works all over in the week and stays in Brum in the week and only comes at the weekend.
06/12/2013 at 11:00

Quick post to say have a good weekend folks, i am off to bristol airport soon to fly to murcia for scuba diving tomorrow!! Birthday treat off my friend. 

Hope you find a solution CM, guessing hemel too far to travel each day and use wrap around clubs? 

06/12/2013 at 11:23

wow camlo - fantastic! enjoy

hemel is at least a 3 hour drive, so by the time i do 6+ hours in the car, i would only have 3 or so hours at work. plus it is M25 + M4, so the potential for major issues on the motorways presenting delays is too great!!

06/12/2013 at 15:19

(((CM))) glad you got the meds sorted . Omg, Mirtazapine was horrible!! I took it for about four days and put on half a stone! And it made me like a zombie too. never again!!

Hoggle, hope you're feeling better now. That's really not acceptable 

The thought of the blisters makes me want to cry...bad enough after a marathon! Although I didn't suffer the last time I did one (3 yrs ago now - need to sort that out!).

looks like someone might be awake soon so I had better dash. Currently having our windscreen injected as we got a nasty chip on it yesterday. Was worried it might need to be fully replaced, but fortunately not. Giovanna is being a very good girl today and has been the most alert she has been so far. Lots of eye contact Can't believe she is over two weeks old already! 

07/12/2013 at 23:38
Tumble weed rolls through thread .......
We got our Christmas tree yesterday and predictably M loves it! I do too!! Had a couple of Ms friends round yesterday and we made decorations - thankfully it wax sunny so we did painting, glitter etc outside!

Hope your all having fun weekends - weather sound wild at the moment!
08/12/2013 at 00:18

Ooh just treated myself to a montane minimus smock, 

mountain lite are closing dwn so having a sale and couldn't 

resist. 

Can't imagine having Christmas in the sun, just isn't right. 

My poor friend who lost her husband 'celebrated' her 40th birthday today. Couldn't even wish her a happy birthday, 

cos it's just not gonna happen, just said I hoped she was 

raising a glass. She is coming home for a visit in Jan/ Feb when 

there will b a service for friends and family here.

Feel guilty because my life is going well for a change and 

she is going throo hell. But God do I appreciate how well things 

are going for us and at the same time am aware how quickly it 

can change. 

08/12/2013 at 08:37

Have done Xmas in hong kong many times as a child, and in Hawaii twice as an adult- fab!

08/12/2013 at 10:38

I've never had a hot Christmas, like staying at home with family too much!

I have just been for a small run.  Honestly, I need to make more time for me.  Fitted it in around baking brownies, getting red cabbage on the go, breakfast for the kids etc etc.  

Lotte - what is your secret??

08/12/2013 at 14:28

She's cloned herself

08/12/2013 at 21:28

For the past 3 mornings I have been out the door and running before 7.30am- what the hell is wrong with me? I must have Lotteitis.......

08/12/2013 at 22:10

TT - that is so tough for your friend. At least by you being in a good place right now, you have the mental strength and resources to help support your friend.

Dark at 4pm CC - YUCK!!!!! I really really don't miss that! And I have to say having had plenty of both hot and cold Christmas's I LOVE LOVE a hot Christmas!! The last 2 especially have been amazing - all 3 meals outside, kids can run round outside all day. But I do love the lead up to Christmas in the UK - Christmas lights in NZ in towns are pretty naff and its not dark enough to appreciate them much.

09/12/2013 at 20:17

Ooh, have always fancied a hot Christmas. Maybe one year. 4pm darkness is definitely not the way to go. I suffer a bit with SAD type symptoms so always make sure I have at least half an hour outside in the daylight. This involved a relatively brisk walk with the pram today . Quite chuffed I managed to get out my own! Ben is back at work today so it our first big test. Not feeling too bad, although young lady did decide to do her mad cluster feeding session this morning, so was pretty wiped out by lunch (which was a bowl of porridge, eaten one-handed  - better than nothing, I guess!). Hopefully this means she will sleep well tonight?! She was weighed again today and has gained 11oz in 6 days  so I must be doing something right. Touch wood, the bf is going really well and I am actually enjoying it this time. 

Sorry if none of that makes sense. Sleep deprivation!!! Well, she isn't bad, but I do like a good 9 hours. Hmm, may be a while before that happens all in one go again!

09/12/2013 at 22:29

Vixo - can you PM me on here? I have rather rashly deactivated my FB account. Long story and it makes no sense but I think it is due to sleep deprivation and completely loopy dreams which are caused by the ad's. Anyway all your details for this weekend are on my FB. And I now can't log onto it! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.