Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,541 to 37,560 of 46,334 messages
26/02/2013 at 13:13
Wow, I'm still in bed! Now 8:15 here and Max still asleep. The fresh air yesterday must have worn him out. I just wish I could fall asleep too and take advantage....
26/02/2013 at 13:28
Tangy- I couldn't go that fast outside & the gym treadmill only lets me do 2.5 miles in that time!!! I defo got a wee bit faster after following the FIRST schedule last year although you couldn't tell in the marathon cos I nearly died in the heat!!! I'm faster than my friend now though and we used to run at similar speeds.
Have cleaned some windows, yay, only a few mind!!!
Ate too much lunch & then had some chocolate, ooops.
Turbo- sounds bliss there, well apart from the rain that is! Hope u locate some nappies!
Tangy- that's sad for your friend, hope she gets good treatment.
CC- I feel so much better when the sun shines
Was going to take bike n trailer out but hubby doing his usual tidying up has put my old MB away and that is the one with the connection for attaching to the trailer. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, how blooming annoying. Might go n borrow ma SIL's one x
26/02/2013 at 13:50
3miles done, glorious sunshine + blue skies but bloody freezing cold strong wind. Barely made it into Tempo pace (for me 9:55-10:00) at 9:57mM, although technically it's supposed to b a recovery run. But 1st run of wk usually feels easy + manage tempo pace comfortably, today it was hard work esp running into wind, Sunday's 10miles obviously took it out of me more than I thought. Here goes for 30mins on exercise bike, not looking forward to this.
26/02/2013 at 13:53
RF - I am hoping as Strathearn marathon is up in the hills it will b bit cooler than EMF was esp as it's in June aargh. I am going to wear my hydration pack thing this time tho, rather than relying on water stations, I like to b able to drink when I feel like it.

Hope u get out in the Sunshine, it does make everything feel so much better.
26/02/2013 at 13:57
9:00 and Max still snoring next to me despite O waking up noisily with dirty nappy and moaning all through me changing it.... The boy can sleep!!
26/02/2013 at 14:01

Well I have chilli concarne on the stove bubbling away, and the recipe called for 1kg mince, so I used 500g and substitued the rest with lentils.

E is yelling, but ha only slept for

26/02/2013 at 14:33
Hi ladies. Gosh I feel like SUCH a rubbish friend for not having posted on here for ages. But I've been thinking of you all often and keeping vaguely up to date on FB.

I'm off work ill at the moment. Mr B in Germany so I'm staying with my folks so they can help out with E whilst I sleep! Nasty chest infection. Lots of coughing and puking. Lovely.

I've been reading back a bit. It's so lovely to read all the running stuff - I've not been out much later due to illness but I love hearing what you guys are up to. TT - your cabin sounds idyllic! Tangy - good job with the marathon training. Lotte and MM - have to agree with the others - 8. Something miling would be a sprint for me!

EF - laughing at your eating and work stories on FB - and Caro, that's some serious walking you do.

On a more serious note - wow CM - hats off to you for the kids party with the ex and ex MIL. that must have been soooo tough.

All well with me - two major bits of news:
1. I've resigned from my job.
2. I'm pregnant.
26/02/2013 at 15:06
Wowee Brookie, huge congratulations lady. How many wks are ya???
Rubbish your feeling ill, boo. Was it planned leaving your job?
Did 3.7 miles with SIL trailer but M cried & wanted her own trailer!!!! Now eating Lidyls peanut M n M's!!!!!!
Loads to do, girls playing outside, gotta go, ta ra x
26/02/2013 at 15:07
Hey Brookie, we missed you. We were all intrigued about what your news was going to be. I do recall that you denied it was that you were going to have a baby! Congratulations though. When are you due?
26/02/2013 at 15:26
Ha ha - at the time it was true turbo tid. My big news was my resignation in early jan. I'd decided to leave in December but didn't even want to put it on here till I'd actually told my boss. But I wasn't pregnant then. The other news relates to my FIL who was widowed around th time I first joined you guys, last April. But more of that anon. Feeling too lousy to type much at the mo.

I'm only 7 weeks so super early days and trying not too get too excited just yet.
26/02/2013 at 15:34
Yay Brookie! You just cheered me up! Having a bad day and a bit of happy news was really needed
Which came first? Decision on job or baby making?
26/02/2013 at 15:35
x posts Brookie. Are you going to be full time mum for a while then?
26/02/2013 at 16:01
Exactly that Sonya. I've always found my job super stressful and been on and off antidepressants to cope with the anxiety. Then on my year off, I was off them completely and felt happier and more content than ever before so just decided to take some time out for a bit. I don't think it was a coincidence that the month I resigned was the month I became pregnant!!

It was a really difficult decision but in the end, mr B and I felt we'd rather have less money but a happier Brookie!

I'm not sure law was the best career choice for me sometimes. So I'm gonna have a wee break and then think about something else to do. It's not that I don't want to work per se - I just found that job wasn't the best for mentally and wasn't bringing out the best in me as a person. My SIL commented that she thought I was "really uptight and stressed out" when she first met me (before E came along) & then added that I was totally different when on mat leave. I was gutted to be described as "uptight!!"
26/02/2013 at 16:01

wowee congrats Brookie, yes we missed you. Exciting times for you.

Glorious day here too CC. Most amazing bright red surise this morning and the sun has been out all day. 2 x 10 mile runs done, scond one was my favourite route taking in beach and tracks,  and about 5 miles in total with the twins in the trailer. A friend popped in for a cuppa after lunch so had a nice chance of a sit down. Heading off to the park now so the twins can ride their own bikes for a bit. And I still have my pilates class tonight, should sleep well for sure.

26/02/2013 at 16:03
Oh and hope your bad day improves Sonya and your chilli sounds fab Caro. What I want for my tea now!

And Anj - I loved loved loved your race report! Brilliantly told and very moving at the end! And love the name too.
26/02/2013 at 16:26

Congrats Brookie. Going to be a life-changing year for you - all good though!

And congrats Anj - sounds like it was all happening at towards the end!  I remember pratically screaming hospital down at only 2cm and got made to feel like pathetic woose by hosptial staff, so comforting to hear of others hurting lots at 2cm, lol!

Carb and caffeine monster here. Am 5ft (maybe 5ft 1 when get out of bed in morning!) and weigh somewhere between 7st10 - 7st12 I think. Been a while since I bothered with scales - the arse and waist of my work trousers tell me where its at!  My running is definitely better when I'm few pounds heavier, and when my running is good my appetite increases - bit of a viscious circle really.  Snackwise never find that fruit, seeds or nuts fill me up - I usually need the substance of an oatcake or some such to pad it out with!  Could eat better I'm sure but to hell with it - we're here for a good time, not a long time. Have got 2 good friends under age of 40 fighting nasty battles with breast cancer at moment which has made me rather cavalier in my attitude to many things of late!

Lurking but not posting. Between my work and hubby being away loads with his work not getting much chance to do anything on here but read!  Waves to rest of lovely ladies (and RB) on here. Hope you're all doing well...?

26/02/2013 at 16:48
Gosh Lotte, I'm tired reading that!!!
Hey MR
Yes I agree with not getting to obsessed with diet and exercise. As you say life is way too short. I lost my friend aged 34 just after our wedding 4.5 yrs ago, still can't believe it
Hugs to Sonya, hope your day improves ((((())))).
Won't do u any harm Brookie taking some time out........... Enjoy.
Baked tatties, roasted veg & chicken things in the oven and salmon in a microwave bag with chilli salt, lemon juice and garlic for lata.
Should be looking over interview questions for next week, oops!
26/02/2013 at 17:05
Congratulations Brookie + well done on quitting the job.

I did similar 17yrs ago, was working in civil engineering + just wasn't happy, was getting panic attacks on train to work, opportunity for voluntary redundancy came up + I took it. Had no idea what I was going to do, found out I was expecting Nat 2wks later + loved being at home with her so became a childminder. Best thing I ever did.
26/02/2013 at 17:09
Smoked mackerel, roasted veggies + baby tatties for us tonight, better go start making it as don't know if running buddy dwn tonight + whether we're going for a walk, swim or gym, if so will b out at 7.
26/02/2013 at 17:28

Hey Brookie - fantastic news, lovely to hear so fingers crossed all goes well and you get over the nasty germs too.  Definitely sounds like a good call re the job, and nothing wrong with having a change of direction for sure.

MR - agree, life is definitely too short. I have two very good friends who in the last 18-months have been diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphona, both are currently through treatment and getting on with life but it brings you up short and makes you think.

Four miles for me today - am finding a bit wierd after being out the 'running loop' for a while, but am sure it will come back soon!! Nice easy pace in the sunshine, garminless which I am also loving. I know length of many of my routes now so leaving the technology behind makes sense.

Just done the swimming run and making prawns and pasta for my two (with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and vegetables) ... they are muttering at various elements of it but tough!!!  I am having that too or prawn curry (and dry curry not a creamy rich one with lots of yummy spices).  Have my other pilates class tonight to teach.

Got three in each class at the moment so very 'personal' classes at the mo.  But it's better than nothing and getting me valuable experience.

Have found a local girlie mbk group that do sessions at the weekend - a guy giving coaching on how to bike and repairs etc so am hoping to get out with them in a couple of weeks. Nice and local along the coast in Lossiemouth - called Dirt Vixens ... great name don't you think?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.