Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,561 to 37,580 of 47,637 messages
15/11/2012 at 22:02
Oh best of luck CC, I'm sure you'll be grand. Thank goodness the girls don't have to dress up tomorrow, it gives me a headache trying to think of things to do!!!!
We have only one wee school here so no choice. There is 13 pupils- 2 in P1,2 in P2, 2 in P3, 4 in P4, 1 in P5 and 2 in P7.
Well done Eric taking the bottle, yay and glad your day was productive Caro.
Glad you got somewhere with the doc today JT.
15/11/2012 at 23:38
Good work Eric! And good luck CC! Also glad your day was interesting and productive Caro. Right bed time for me. Sweet dreams all.
15/11/2012 at 23:58
In MAU at hospital... Started shaking uncontrollably and started having pains in chest. Went to out of hours and briefly lost consciousness.... A more extreme method to get answers...
16/11/2012 at 05:51

Good grief JT. Hope you are ok (())

16/11/2012 at 06:44
Oh JT. (((()))) what's happening? What have they told you? Oh my goodness how scary. Hope you are ok. Thinking of you.
16/11/2012 at 06:48
Get better JT! Xx
16/11/2012 at 07:01
Don't know anything yet, after arriving at 10.55, I finally saw the doctor at 3am, had chest xray at 4.30 and finally got a trolley to sleep on at 4.45...
16/11/2012 at 08:02

Oh God JT, I really really really hope they get to the bottom of this and you are OK ((())). Thinking of you.

16/11/2012 at 08:58
Oh JT thinking of you. (()).
16/11/2012 at 09:15
Thanks all. Everything clear again. They're going to do an oxygen blood test, then refer to chest clinic. Consultant just tried to say it was panic attacks. If that's the case then laughing must really stress me out!
16/11/2012 at 09:41
JT - hope they get you home soon. If you'd been down this way you could have been seeing either me or my husband (except that neither of us are at work today!), but that's the job we do. Hope they're gentle with the blood test!

Wow RF, that is a little school. The pictures of where you live always look stunning.

Isabelle has gone off to school in her spotty pyjamas. I'm just hoping that 'Eric' doesn't draw all over them in black marker. Going to try the hairspray trick today for all her drawn on t shirts from this week - fingers crossed it works or she's going to spend the rest of the year looking like a piece of abstract art!
16/11/2012 at 11:10

oh dear, JT. i have also been in MAU in the Gwent for random chest pains, but it was the middle of the day and not so scary! you really are due an answer or at least an improvement some time soon!

apparently a letter came home from school YESTERDAY saying that the kids had to wear spots or stripes TODAY for children in need. it's a minor miracle that T read the letter.  i had asked the PTA chair on Weds morning if she knew if they were doing spots / stripes (thinking maybe letter sent out had gone to T and i hadn't seen it, and he may not have read it) and she said 'no'. clearly someone has changed their mind! nice to have a bit of notice!!  the school is brilliant but they give zero notice about anything. parents consultation times are given out the week of the consultation or if you are really lucky the week before. as i travel with work, it's a nightmare for me. trying to find out when the nativity play is so that i can make it as i'm booking up my diary into January now... it's not like i can nip out for an hour or even just take half a day because if i'm supposed to be in Warrington / Hemel, it's a 150 - 170 mile drive!!

16/11/2012 at 13:45

we get zero notice for stuff usually too - disco last week was a classic, finally got the note on the Monday for the Tuesday disco ... thankfully the school gate rumour circuit had done the job already!!

Panic attacks!! I think NOT

We have some small schools like that round here too - we have three biggish ones in town and then there are four outlying schools that have class sizes just like yours RF. I know it's often quite a shock going up to the academy after that!!!

Just off to get kids from school and hit the road for Edinburgh. Busy morning at work and the bl**dy hamster got out his cage last night and was ferreting around under my bed at 3am - frightened the life out of me and too me ages to get him again. Anyway, just came home to double-check J had done his cage up properly .... er no, thankfully hamster was asleep and still insitu!!!

Have lovely weekends all and I really hope you get some good news and improvement JT

Also, how are you doing EF???

16/11/2012 at 14:02
That sounds familiar cc, I used to do things like that... I also had one who could open her cage!

Ef - yes, how are you?

Cm - isn't MAU in the Gwent the most depressing place? It has no windows!

Vixo - they were gentle with me! Big bruise popping up now though. MAU is Soo busy! How you do that, especially pregnant is impressive!

Well I finally have some form of diagnosis, and a big bag of drugs to go with it! A junior doctor in general medicine doing my blood gases heard me cough and involved her colleague with a respiratory interest. Blood gases showed excessive waste products (think that was it!) so he hit on post viral exacerbated asthma. All the questions clicked, so have another inhaler, steroids (), Singulair again, and antacids (just in case!). He reckons it's coupled with post viral bronchitis so as Vixo said, virus! Feel very confident in this doctor. He's also going to nag chest clinic (they tend not to get involved with inpatients?!) to try and get spirometry sorted too. Feel much happier than this time yesterday!
16/11/2012 at 16:39

Gosh what a scary night for you JT, so pleased you finally seem to be getting some answers! Fingers crossed.

CM - that is a bit rubbish!  I have signed up to this Parentmail thingy which means hubby and I both get emailed letters (and sometimes a hard copy too!) which is very useful.  I assumed all schools used it but clearly not!

Sophie's had a fun spotty day - I did rapid face painting this morning so she slightly resembled Pudsey!  Just took them both to the dentist where Sophie was good as gold and Nicky screamed but at least it meant the dentist got a good look!  He has 4 more teeth to come through.

I've started calling Nicky Mr WhyWhy - it's all he says!  Put your coat on - why? Let's turn it off because it's finished - why?  It's dark outside isn't it - why?  I end up sounding like my mum and saying "because it is!" eventually!

Sophie let rip in Sainsbury's just now (the local one, not the big supermarket!) - it absolutely stank the place out !  Fortunately there was no-one around but I was speculating to myself whether I would tell a passer-by it was her or take the blame myself...

Good weekends all!

16/11/2012 at 21:25
Fortunately no children in need dressing up required here! School expect us to log on to forum at least once a wk to see the latest news letter, to keep abreast of what's going on. Also get texts occasionally. The really nice thing they do is take loads of pics of all the different activities, and you can log onto your child's virtual classroom and see the things they have been doing, and then I can look at them with M and suddenly she remembers what she did that day! She enjoys pointing out her friends as well. There was a whole 15 min picture slide presentation put to music of their trip to the forest.....I a managed to last for about half of it!

RF according to the last ofsted report there were 474 children in M's school, and that's only nursery, reception, 1 and 2!

Good day today, enjoyed my 2 days not being mummy. Now I just have to find a job!
17/11/2012 at 13:59
What kind of job are you gonna look for Caro? JG - laughed at the sainsbury's story. Hilarious! hamster stories also funny. I loved my hamster - maybe E will want one one day and I can get another one!

EF - how are things?

Managed a run yesterday - not far. But slightly depressed at how unfit I seem to be after nearly 2 months off through feeling rubbish. Hmmmm. Oh well, gotta start somewhere again.
17/11/2012 at 14:52
I'll be like that soon Brookie (being positive!) not looking forward to it. Still, you'll be ahead of me I was hoping to do a,half in the spring, but not sure now. I'll have so little base to start from. Seems a shame to annoy myself and not get a pb!

Wow, that's a big school for an infant school caro! Is it four form entry? Good luck with the job hunting.

Lol at Sainsburys jg! Maybe you can start bottling it to use instead of your gas supply?

Not heard from mm for a while, hope your'e ok!

Feeling ok today, but peak flow is down again, which given the increase in meds is a little worrying. Cough has changed which is a good sign as it's become productive so maybe shifting the problem, unless I've caught another chest infection :-/.
17/11/2012 at 18:58
Oh flip JT, nightmare hospital trip for you. Sending get well vibes to you x
Brookie- it's a start at least, little steps n all that!
Wow that is a big school Caro!!
Hope your exams are going fine CC.
I've been in my'bammies' since before 6 pm. That's what M calls them, very cute. In front on the fire. Strictly on and cups of tea! Feeling ever so slightly fluey, grrrrrrrr. Hopefully it won't come to anything.
17/11/2012 at 19:26
Oh no Rf! Not the evil flu Hope you're feeling better v soon. X
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.