Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,561 to 37,580 of 46,336 messages
26/02/2013 at 17:29

I missed the sunrise Lotte but sounds like a good days training and hangover recovery

26/02/2013 at 17:30
Sometimes I think I'd like to stay at home with my children full time....this evening I don't!
26/02/2013 at 17:33
Domestic goddess here! Made some cookies (well, opened pack of cookie dough and baked it!) and sausage rolls this morning. The guys shot a couple of boars which they have butchered so will have some good roasts from those. Max in bed napping and Os asleep on me at the moment, I love cuddling little babies

Sonya, hope you're ok (()).

So tragic when you lose people so young.

Not heard from JT for a little while. Hope your uncle is ok.
26/02/2013 at 17:35
Congrats Brookie, fab news. What will the age gap be?

I'm having a marmalade nightmare. Didn't get it finished before had to go to school/nursery, and now I can't tell if I've boiled it for too long, or if it's just not going to set at all. It's gone very dark and strong looking - aargh! Last years batch was really nice and lots of people wanted some (which meant we didn't end up with enough after all the effort!) so I've made extrta this year, but worried that it won't be any good at all. Ah well, will just have to wait and see.

On top of which, at one point this afternoon all three of them were crying - I thought my head was going to explode! We're going to head upstairs and into the bath soon just so I can control them all in one place, and then hopefully all into bed by 7 so I can leave for choir as soon as husband home - chances of it all working? Slim, I think!
26/02/2013 at 17:45
Swimming it is, may have to go for a Costa coffee after as have at least 500cals left for supper + I will only waste them on crisps, chocolate + hot chocolate otherwise
26/02/2013 at 17:46

I have used bath as entertainment during witching hours many times in the past - probably when J was about I's age - worked a treat for all of us

Wow to the boar TTid, and your status as domestic goddess!

26/02/2013 at 17:54
lol to not being stay at Home mum Vixo, I found it very hard when Nat was baby b4 started childminding, felt like I was living off hubby, which is unfair when u r caring for their child + to b fair it was just how I felt rather than anything he said or did, so childminding allows me to b at home but also earn money + feel appreciated.

It also allows me to do all the things I love doing like exploring with the kids out Geocaching, having picnics, going to parks etc, being out doors was the part I enjoyed in my previous job.
26/02/2013 at 17:57
Camryn is going for a bath in her swimming costume while I am at swimming, can't wait til morning to go swimming so doing it in bath
26/02/2013 at 18:11
M In bath at moment & the other two sounding like baby elephants upstairs!!!!
26/02/2013 at 18:39

I do love the summer holidays for that very reason TT. Whilst the kids drive me nuts when it's me and them 24/7 in the hols, I just love the freedom of getting out and doing and exploring, and much more fun without the restrictions of school and activities!!

Feeling a bit frustrated at the moment as library is very quiet with very little hours to speak of (have a few next week but those are first since Christmas!!) and my little classes are going up and down in numbers which is fine, but not especially morale-boosting!!!  I need to find something else to supplement whilst trying to get the pilates more established. Really need to pull finger out with sports massage I think ... whatever I do it needs to invovle seeing people, I spend far too much time in my own company as it is.  I think ultimately I'd love to add personal training to my pot of fitness qualifications but that definitely aint happening yet - need to get Pilates cracked first ...

I loath not having my own money to spend, even though hubbys wage is very much the family wage, I'd say he takes way more liberties with how he spends it (boys skiing trips, boys biking trips etc which cost considerably more than my little forays away occasionally, which I always pay for out of my meagre earnings). I don't think he'd complain if I just took it out of the general pot but I hate doing that, feels wrong somehow ... I guess having been working full-time since I've been 17 it's kind of inbuilt!!

LOL at the baby elephants.

Mine were showered tonight at swimming so that's them done for a couple more days

26/02/2013 at 18:57
Oh Brookie that's fab re pregnancy. V excited for you.

Also exciting to quit job. I'd need to win the lotto to do that but I do dream of it!
26/02/2013 at 19:07
In fact you inspired me to play euromillions tonight!
26/02/2013 at 19:26
EF, you do make me laugh sometimes!
26/02/2013 at 19:33

Congrats Brookie.  I totally agree about life being too short. I haven't looked back since moving on, zero regrets and I should have done it sooner.  However I did learn a lot from my old job that's for sure.

M was naughty and disruptive at school again, after a great half term, good sticker charts, rewards (a cream egg and a magazine) etc etc.  Grrr.  She was disruptive when 2 yr 5 kids came to talk to them (about what I have no idea) so eventually the teaching assistant took her out into The Well (the central area between class rooms) but the special needs kid was having some one-one time in there and he got upset, so she was then taken to the small library whereupon she had a full on tantrum like a 2 yr old!  She was apparantly making so much noise several teachers came to see what the matter was!  Great.  Obviously her tantrumming ability is not news to me, but it's the first time she's done it at school!

So she couldn't/wouldn't tell me why she did it, and I have made her make a card for her teachers to apologise (which she did with no objections) we shall keep the sticker chart going and see.

Pilates soon.  CC what do you charge just out of interest?

Work tomorrow, my Dad will pick them up for me and put them to bed, so I hope they cooperate!

Vixo I have never made marmalade,  - can you do the plate in the freezer setting test like you do for jam?

26/02/2013 at 19:55
yay to domestic goddess'ing, biking with heavy loads, marmalade making, newborns snoozing, sticking fingers up to job and being pregnant. Fab news Brookie!!
Boo to witching hours (love that name!!!), entertaining 3 kids, lack of work (when you do want some), tantrums (embarrassing) and poorly friends/ rellies.
TTwirly- nice to be your own boss. I guess it takes a lot of guts to make the leap though and I would be sooooo nervous!
Caro - guess you can only hope the tantrum was dealt with appropriately so she is discouraged from trying it again! Maybe you could put a little something in her pocket so she can touch it if she is getting upset (I know a mum who sewed buttons into pockets and kids knew to rub them to self sooth).
No running club for me again, I did a slow 3 miler today but straight away I could feel my butt pulling so daren't risk more. Only 7 weeks to London I believe and had planned 20 this weekend and again at 5 wks and 3 wks out. Pah.
26/02/2013 at 20:00

Caro - maybe she is just a bit wired by it all, I think this first year of school seems quite intense considering they are only 4 or 5.  Martha was exhausted by half term and then we went to Hereford and then came back and moved house so I'm not sure she has recharged her batteries although at least its a short half term now.

Vixo - I had perpetual whingeing from Aidan.  I cancelled Cbeebies as I found he had run a felt tip along the radiator.  We havn't even been here a week!  It won't wash off with water either although luckily its not too obvious.  Hope the marmalade comes out ok!

Brookie - congratulations!  Sounds like you are in a good place apart from the being poorly.

CC - shame about the library shifts.  We still have separate bank accounts and I get Alan to pay me housekeeping which I then spend on food mostly but I can buy things for me without feeling like I have to check first.  It works for us, although Aidan opened Alan's bank account last month which made some interesting reading as he was making some investments he hadn't mentioned to me!  Then again we are doing the ships in the night thing too so some things we don't get time to chat about.

26/02/2013 at 20:05

We just have one bank account and spend what we want, although fortunately neither of us are into Gucci, Prada or fast cars!  

26/02/2013 at 20:22

I saw the witching described as arsenic hour yesterday!

Congratulations Brookie both on leaving the job and being pregnant - very exciting!!!

Over did things yesterday so am hobbly today, however had an awesome afternoon at the beach with friends. Instead of running in 3 different directions the kids (19 months and 2x 16 months) all played in the same vicinity eitehr up in the sand by the bags (food) or down in the water so the mummies actually got to chat! Then decided to do a massive bake as have been feeling bad that I have nothing interesting to put in M's lunchbox. Made pesto and cheese pinwheels (puff pastry - very easy and YUM!), savoury muffins and then in order not to waste some over ripe nectarines (thats my story and I'm sticking to it!) a cake with bakes nectarines on top - delicious! Downside is that I have eaten a LOT already this morning and don't have pregnancy as an excuse!!

We have joint accounts and then each get a (small) allowance paid into our own accounts. Mainly because hubby hated not having his own money to spend. He buys things a lot more than me - endless bits for his bike etc and felt guilty every time as I hardly buy anything for myself. We've actually had a joint account since we were together for only about 6 months as we knew in order to get hubbys NZ visa eventually we would need evidence of relationship.

26/02/2013 at 20:23
We have separate accounts and a bills account. Most joint expenditure comes from there tho I pay car insurance, tax etc. we pay the same proportion of our income into it or at least that was the theory originally. There's not a chance in hell of me being able to quit work as I earn 3x Andy's salary.

I've just played Friday euromillions now too! One line per night tho, not going crazy on it!
26/02/2013 at 20:26
Eek to tantrum Caro.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.