Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,581 to 37,600 of 46,360 messages
26/02/2013 at 20:44
We have our own accounts, I earn twice as much so pay all bills and hubby pays for frivolous things like holidays and extensions!
Hoggle go easy!!
26/02/2013 at 20:48

brookie - congratulations! on the pregnancy and ditching the job!

well, i have my own bank account and it's me, me and me alone. . T pays maintenance to me but i invest all of that now. and i still pay 75% of the kids' child trust funds, with him only paying 25%. and i don't get the child benefit either - that goes into an account for the kids.

had heart attack today when i got my gas bill. i owed them £120 which they said they were spreading over the next year. then they put my DD up from £54 a month to ... £127!!! i almost died of shock. i phoned them up and they explained that what they do is hike your premium so that you pay off the money you owe in 2 months, then they leave the DD at the higher level. UH!?!?! they owed me £118 in electricity overpayment so i paid what i owed straight off and then increased my DD to £64 a month. what a bloody cheek!! imagine if i hadn't phoned them up?????

caro - weird re M, but maybe she is getting a bit over-wrought. E is finding her feet a bit at nursery and testing some boundaries i think. is she bored?

took J to the gp today about his eczema and he jumped on the scales outside the room. he is 32kg!!! (E is 16...). i measured him tonight and he is 135cm. that makes him overweight according to kids' BMI calculator. spoke to T about it and he has said he is 'fine. no issues'. but isn't that what all parents say about their overweight kids? i am in 2 minds about whether he is overweight? he is so tall compared to his peers that it is hard to tell as he dwarfs them, even though he is the youngest boy in his year. he is certainly a strong build, but he doesn't look fat to me. any advice? his diet is ok - he is getting VERY fussy and probably does eat too many yoghurts. he doesn't eat a lot of biscuits or crisps or anything, although obviously he may do at his dad's i guess...

26/02/2013 at 21:28
I would not say he is overweight at all from pics on facebook CM, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Probably if u did same calc in a few months it would b fine, kids get heavier then grow, then get heavier than grow, u can tell by his face etc that he is perfectly healthy child. And a gorgeous looking wee boy at that.
26/02/2013 at 21:40
J isn't overweight CM. not from the photos. bmi is not a good measure. If really worried mention it to dr next time he's there but truly I don't think there's a problem.
26/02/2013 at 21:47
Thanks girls. I don't think he is either really. But then again a lot of parents with overweight kids probably say the same... I will mention it when we are there again I think. I am sure his diet could be better at his dad's. There are always cakes and biscuits out when I am over there. He doesn't overeat when he is here and he does swimming, rugby, gymnastics and also welsh country dancing (hahaha!) each week as extra curricular activities. Normally we also walk a mile round trip to school on the days he is with me (not at the mo as I can't bloody walk). So he is reasonably active.
26/02/2013 at 22:01
I wouldn't say he is over weight either cm. bmi can be so misleading.

Ttid - wow to the boar...hog roast yum. I love newborn snuggles too. Nothing like it.

Brookie - hurrah to resigning and yay to pregnancy. Great news.

Got a few hurrahs and a big boo this eve.

Hubby has ordered us a treadmill that is arriving in a few days. Can't wait to feel stronger and less tired and get on it!!

I booked Harry potter studio tour for Friday which is hubby's birthday.

Boo is, hubby was cooking dinner this evening..(almost unheard of) when he dropped a Pyrex jug in the sink and somehow managed to nearly sever his little finger. There was blood everywhere, he had to drive himself to a and e and has been there since. He had an X-ray last I heard, and has to wait now to see plastic surgeon? as there is nerve damage and they can't stitch it until he has seen the surgeon. Argh!!
26/02/2013 at 22:03

bmi is NOT a good guide. Your J doesn't look remotely overweight to me, agree with TT too, he's gorgeous. If it's any comparison for you, my J is 138cm and just shy of 5 stone I think. He's definitely not overweight, he was looking a little chunkier the other week but this week he seems to be sporting a six-pack!!! It will change of course too as he continues to grow. Chill chill chill!!!  We jave cakes and biscuits, but the fruit and veg too.  We talk lots about healthy foods and why we have them, and why treats are OK too, but not in excess and my J is very aware of that, I am sure you are the same.

Caro - I charge £5 a session, I get my ladies to pay for a block - last block was five, this was meant to be six but I was ill. I get them to block book cos with Pilates, unless you stick with it, you won't get any benefits, but also encourages a commitment and I am not left with empty spaces I could have filled if people don't turn up, and no payment either.  Round here, the other outfit that do Pilates charge £8 for individual sessions and the price comes down the more you book, if you book six classes it's about £6 a class I think. I won't charge more than that as I don't think it's appropriate to my level of qualification, or to the people I am targeting.  People seem happy with that. Only had two ladies tonight (out of my three) but they said was a good class so I am happier about that!

Hoggle - sounds a lovely day but look after yourself ... yummy baking too.

Arsenic hour, that's a new one. I've always referred to it as the witching hour!

Boo to M and the tantrums though Caro, not what you need ... and neither is felt tip pen on the radiator of a tented house Kinsey!!! whoops

26/02/2013 at 22:04

OMG Anjelicals ... hope it all comes good

RENTED house that is Kinsey!

Edited: 26/02/2013 at 22:04
26/02/2013 at 22:22
Tented house might be more fun......

Good god Ang, hope he is ok. Keep us posted.

I got the letter in the book bag this evening saying that M would be weighed and measured, all results would be confidential blah blah then we'd get a letter home with the results, with a follow up phone call if necessary. Well she's obviously not overweight, but she asked what the letter said so I explained it, and said why it was important to be healthy.

CM I would never have said J was over wt from your pics (nor you either for that matter.....)
26/02/2013 at 22:29
Omg Anj. Really hope he is ok xx

Someone told E at school that Harry potter studios sell real wands so she asks me every 6 hrs if we can go!!

Thanks for your reassurances re J. He is 3cm shorter than your J then CC and weighs a fraction more. Your J is 2yrs older I think? Not sure if that is relevant tho?

And thanks for your compliments about him. I do think he is a gorgeous boy and tell him multiple times a day. He says boys can't be gorgeous. Only handsome. But he isn't handsome because his head isn't round. I have no idea what he means!!
27/02/2013 at 00:22

Eeeeek re. finger Anj - not what you guys need!

27/02/2013 at 07:37
This morning J got up, smelt cats' tuna cat food and asked for mackerel on toast for breakfast. Proceeded to categorise food types and tell me what is good and what is not. He makes me laugh!
27/02/2013 at 07:56
Ouch to hubbies finger Anj but big yay to a treadmill and a day out.
Separate bank accounts here also. Hubby pays all the bills. Mortgage etc & I pay the child care and most of food etc. I like having my own money so I can spend it on my nice no 7 face creams etc without him moaning!
Don't think your J looks overweight at all CM. I think as long as we give them a balanced diet and the exercise plenty it should be fine.
Betta move these girls. Quite happy to faff about playing in the morning.......
27/02/2013 at 08:17
Hubbie and I have one joint account have had since we got married and got a mortgage. I have a business account but that's just so I look more professional! The money goes into joint acc from there. We have never argued about money, been together just over 19 years. We don't have any issues and discuss what we can afford to buy. I buy all food and kids stuff from this acc. Seems to work ok. We are not great at managing money though to be frank and should do better book keeping but heck as Anj said life too short!

I don't buy much for me at all so he never worries on that front and if I want to buy something I just ask and usually fine.

Well did 10 miles at 8.26s and 6.5 miles at 8.08s yesterday. Felt fine, so off for 16 today!

Agree J not overweight. Have no idea how much my two weigh but my J especially is a bean pole with an amazing six pack. They both eat stacks a good mix of all the good things with one cake a day and a pudding after tea. They eat loads of veg and love it especially home grown. Not so hot on fruit and have to persuade more on that front but they certainly eat more than 5 a day.

Right madam flushing the toilet over and over so best go.......!
27/02/2013 at 08:18
OMG just read about Anj hubbie. Any news this morning?
27/02/2013 at 08:27

So hubby came back at 11 last night, he has not had them stitched up yet as he is having surgery tomorrow to remove some nerves from his upper arm and graft them into his little finger  He has both little fingers in bandages as the other one was cut from the top to the bottom too and they are concerned about it healing straight without a bend in it.

Apparently he didn't drop the jug, he was washing it and it broke in his hands and he caught it with his little fingers getting the worst of it. Sigh...

Evie and hubby still asleep, I am feeling a bit mastitisy, sore red boob and would quite like her to wake up and feed now! Got to wait in for midwife this morning and hubby was supposed to be taking Leila swimming whilst I waited in. Obviously that wont happen now!!

27/02/2013 at 08:27

I only knew weight for mine as had to know it for ski-binding settings!!! 

Good news re the knee MM - enjoy your 16-miler.

I am going to try an 8-miler today. Ankle not 100% but not what it was so 'sod it'!

CM - lol at the mackeral.  I don't think age has much to do with it surely? (weight that is)

Another hard-packed icy frost morning - the ground everywhere is like concrete - which is a bugger as rugby training keeps getting canx for H&S reasons ... but it's stunningly clear out there again and sunny. So nice to be getting vitamin D again!!

Edited: 27/02/2013 at 08:28
27/02/2013 at 08:32
Joint bank account here too, hubby rarely buys anything tbh altho he smokes so spends on tobacco. But other than that I deal with all the finances + generally spend any excess on kids/house/running stuff . If hubby wants to buy something for his motorbike etc he asks if there is spare cash, he never has any idea what is in the bank account + has no interest, always bn like that for over 18yrs even when I was stay at home mum. I have money programme on computer that I keep track of every penny that goes in + out, total opposite of him.
27/02/2013 at 08:38
Gosh Anj - what's the latest? Was it his dominant hand?
When did you move Kinsey? How is it going?

No, J doesn't look at all overweight CM. I reckon your GP would mention it if there was anything like a serious problem. And mackerel for brekkie?! That's some sophisticated taste!

We have a joint account. I still have a separate account in my name which I put money for E in.

EF good luck with the lottery!
And thanks for all your good wishes you guys.
27/02/2013 at 08:40
Yuck to fingers Anj, my brother did same thing washing a glass + cut all tendons. When they operated to stitch his tendons back together he had to stay awake so he could move fingers for them + actually watched while they operated on his hand. Quite amazing given how squeamish he is :S
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.