Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,601 to 37,620 of 47,135 messages
19/11/2012 at 20:15

xposts Anj- hot choc and bed sounds perfect. Tomorrow is another day. Chin up xxx

Hope EF is OK too and has hidden the tests completely. 

19/11/2012 at 20:50

I didn't know you got handicaps on there Camlo, I race so rarely I don't want to imagine, and it's only got half my 'racing career' on there, none of the races I did late 1990s into the 2000s which is quite annoying as I used to race regularly, albeit  not especially fast!

Ouch to the car bills, my Sharran has been like that this year, last bill was £1500 for drive shaft stuff. Hot chocolate and bed definitely sounds the way to go. LOL at avoiding the hoovering!

I've got friends two kids tomorrow and thankfully weather looks OK so we shall spend as much time out of the house as possible!

Have ordered treadmill - eeeeeek! Have spend ages deliberating and panicing about ordering something that will be either carp or have huge dramas with delivery and working of it etc but fingers crossed. It's off Amazon and seems to have good reviews although I never believe them - hubbys deeply suspicious nature has rubbed off on me and I assume they all work for the company

19/11/2012 at 21:00

EF - thinking of you here too, crappy timing from your sister, I'd have been gutted by the news too.

JT - hope you are getting better, all sounds so scary.  Aidan has a nasty cough here but his inhalers seem to be keeping the wheeze away so far.

Vixo - I did similar gardening and knackered my back when I was pregnant although it did get better with rest.  So annoying to have nice weather and not be able to get on with things.  Can't believe how close to your due date you are.  Hope the vomming has stopped too.

Caro - well done to your sister - hope she finds something to do with the Turkey!

CC - hope the treadmill is good.  No running here, I still have a cough too, putting it down to lack of sleep!

19/11/2012 at 21:02

Your handicap is better than mine Camlo

19/11/2012 at 21:28

So many coughs!  I hope everyone is starting to pick up though in this blooming weather today it will be hard.  

Going back a wee bit, Vixo I meant to say I read "The Girl you Left Behind" by Jojo Moyes and really enjoyed it.  It was not heavy but not the lightest of chick lit either.  It was just rather a good tale and I liked the two different time periods being wound together.

CC well done!!  And fab news about the treadmill.  A definite deserved qualification present to yourself.

I've never been on that handicap website.  I reckon one race a year does not serve me well! 

I was going to take the Fifth in relation to the tests but I think I'll just 'fess up instead.  You all know I'm mental anyway.  JT remembered correctly that I did 6 tests when I conceived Loulou though that was over the course of the first 12 weeks and usually to confirm to myself that I wasn't dreaming the whole thing!

Decided I just would not cope with waiting til Friday so decided to "test out" the trigger instead.  Got a faintish positive last Thursday so knew trigger still in me.  Then on Sat I got a negative.  Both tests went in the kitchen bin.

Sunday morning I tested (yes I ought to buy shares) and thought it was negative but shoved it in my pants drawer as one does when one is hiding one's lunacy from one's husband.  Hours later I went to rescue it and bin it only to see a very faint pink line!  FFS! Of course anything read after 10 mins has to be seen as invalid so told myself just to ignore it and test again.  Which I did.  and got another faint pink line within 3 minutes.  Gordon Bennett.  It gets worse........

19/11/2012 at 21:37

So I then realised that I needed to re-check Saturday's test!  And where was it?  In the bottom of the kitchen bin - cos I shove them down to the bottom to hide said lunacy.  Kitchen binbag was now in the outside bin.

You know where this goes don't you?  Oh yeah.  So I'm outside delving and I get out the one from thursday and the one from Saturday and thursday is def positive and then the saturday if you screw your eyes up and look at an angle there is maybe the most faintest of lines you ever saw.  Dumped them back in the bin.  decided all I could do was test again Monday morning.

So I did.  And it came up a faint positive within the 3 mins.  In fact within a minute.  Thought about it on my course all day and decided I needed to  re-check Saturday.  So tonight after Andy went out there I was outside again delving around in the bloody bin only this time I brought the damn things inside.  God they stink as well as Andy had made soup and they were under garlic and all sorts.  Well I still see the same on Saturday.  So POAS again and this time it's much darker positive and up within a minute.  It's not at the same colour as the test line but it's way way darker than this morning. 

SO.  I'm DEMENTED.  I am still telling myself that it's likely the trigger shot.  They say that should be out at about 10 days but it can be 12 and sometimes 14.  I'm 12 days past trigger.  But that doesn't explain what is 99.9% negative on Saturday.  So, now what have I done - ordered Andy (to whom I have now confessed all) to go to Tesco and get me the cheapest crappest tests he can find, preferably ones that say "Test on the first day of your missed period" in place of my super sensitive First Response tests as I am worried the First Response is so sensitive that it is picking up the trigger way beyond what you might expect.  You'll be glad to hear I did manage to find the First Response tests on sale at tesco the other day for £7 for a pack of 2 which frankly is a bargain. 

19/11/2012 at 21:40

I think what I am going to do is test tomorrow morning and if it is a dark ish positive again then I am going to phone the clinic, confess and beg for an early blood test on Wed.  If it's negative they can always do another one on Monday but I cannot get through a whole week of this.  Nor can my finances stand it this close to the month end.  Even at the £7 a 2 pack!  That's turning into £7 a day!

19/11/2012 at 21:41
Ooh EF does that mean it could be good news? I so, so hope so. X

Anj - yum. hot chocolate... May have to copy that One!

Camlo - that's horrendous! It's horrific when your little one is so ill but to have that!
Cc - woo hoo to treadmill!

Feeling a bit better again today. Had follow up with GP, booked in again for Friday to make sure I'm ok to come off the steroids. Peak flow still dropping, hopefully that will sort v soon.

I'm going handicap hunting, reckon mine will be fairly high!
19/11/2012 at 21:43

That's funny JT, I was just thinking same about hot choc.  We have a surplus of milk here.  In fact it could even be the European MilK mountain so it would be a shame to waste it and I do have yummy Thorntons hot choc with choc chips in it.....

Stupid machine now won't let me just go back one page, have to go back 10 pages and then forward again.

RF hope you're not flued up.  But I fear maybe you are.

Has anyone heard from MM lately?  Or Minks? 

JT it does sound like you're on the right track but that it might be quite a long road to full recovery.  LOOK AFTER YOURSELF!

Lotte, boo to shite week.  Another take care of yourself there too especially in advance of your mega run!

19/11/2012 at 21:47

Camlo and JT that is awful.  I don't think I would cope hearing doctors argue around about me! 

I don't remember if I told you  that my first ivf Dr was called Dr Thong.  I think he is Thai.  Well I met him the once and then have seen lots of others for scans etc.  On egg retrieval day I thought it was him (in fairness the person was in scrubs and so it was hard to tell) - well he said "you have met Dr Thong.  He is on holiday.  I am Dr Thang." OK, maybe you had to be there but it cracked me up at the time. 

19/11/2012 at 21:54
God I am so confused EF, by your logic. I love that you delved in the bin and now your poor husband is at tescos....probably in the wind and rain.......

So if you had done as you were told......when is the first day you should actually be able to believe a pregnancy test?

Minks and MM have been on FB. Both running well I think, and MMs husband is doing some mad triathlon endurance thing to celebrate turning 40.

So we are doing the WillAid thing and going to the solicitors in the morning. It's ??135 for a basic mirror will and the money goes to charity.

CM have done the pnp Santa thing. I think it's better this yer than last. Not shown it to M yet, will wait a bit longer.
19/11/2012 at 21:54

Oh EF, I know I shouldn't but you soooo made me laugh with your little run through of everything. Also made me chuckle cos I was just the same with those darn pregnancy tests - the whole buying them and then hiding them, and not being able to wait either. I know I'd be in absolute bits and totally unable to concentrate on life if I was in your place.   Christ, not sure we can stand the suspense any more than you can!!

JT - cautiously sounding good but agree with EF, please go carefully!

High handicap no's got me thinking that I really do need to enter a few more races. Life has just been so darn complicated it's been almost impossible but need to put foot down more and just the darn things, as i do need things to aim for besides my long epic races! Not helped by the fact we don't have many local races - they are all down on the borders!! But I have a few possibilities including a Multi-terrain half marathon at beginning of March in Forfar - had to google that as was clueless to location but think it's poss only a couple of hours drive!!

19/11/2012 at 21:55
Chocolate porridge all set to go in the machine for the morning
19/11/2012 at 21:57

and Anj, well I have a Certificate in mat pilates, I can now go on to work towards a diploma which is the equivalent of a Level 3 in REPS (more in-depth A&P and doing 1:1 coaching etc), but it means I can teach mat stuff, just not including bands and balls etc but you don't need all that with beginners anyway.

19/11/2012 at 21:57

off to find tin of Milo ...

19/11/2012 at 22:01

i don't know caro!!! they just said test on friday and call us then come in on monday.  

there's a risk of false +ve and also chemical pregnancy so i dont think i can relax til i get blood test which is then followed up by a 7 wk scan.  

at the mo all i can say is i feel a spark of hope again which had gone from me on sat and that is as far as i can go. internet is full of folk getting positives now and others saying they had trigger shot til 14 days. 

19/11/2012 at 22:01
Milo sprinkled on vanilla ice cream
19/11/2012 at 22:03
EF - I reckon most people in your position are that mad...but just don't admit it!! Don't you get an evaporation line or something like that on tests that you leave too long - which would explain seeing a faint line when you dug Saturdays test out? I seem to remember it being described as a grey line where the positive would be - its possible I may have been almost as mad myself in the past!!!! Spend whatever money it takes you to get through this week I reckon.

Minks and MM have both been on fb this week I think.

My back isn't too bad today - bit stiff this evening now I've been sitting down for a while - obviously need to keep moving! I had a terrible night last night - E woke us up coughing a couple of times and I then couldn't get back to sleep so read for a while. Just as I was dozing off Isabelle wanted to go for a wee and I couldn't believe when I looked at the clock that it was already 6 - don't know how long I'd been awake, but it was a while, and what with her singing, and E chuntering I didn't get back to sleep again - felt rough as anything! Anyway, E had a bit of breakfast but then went really quiet and basically didn't move at all in the pushchair on the walk to and from school and was just staring off to the side. I put her into bed when we got back, made a gp appointment and called work and said I wasn't coming in - duvet day for both of us! Anyway, gp was very nice and agreed with us that it's probably all viral, but gave me a script for some amoxicillin as her ears were a bit red. We debated whether to get it but decided to give it a go. She's been a bit brighter today and so far no vomming - all fingers crossed!

Camlo - think baby is already engaged, and to be honest I'm not that big really, just a bit uncomfortable!

CC - which treadmill did you go for? Will be interested to hear how you get on. Hubby has just mentioned upgrading our turbo - ours is the one I've had since uni! - so I might get him one for Christmas. No harm in a nice useful present we can both enjoy!!

EF - I read that jojo moyes book and quite enjoyed it too. Haven't read her others but might look at them. I keep just buying the kindle books which are under a pound - and of rather varying quality!

Right, really am going to bed tonight - didn't think I was going to make it through the bedtime routine at one point this evening so must try and catch up on some sleep!
19/11/2012 at 22:06
Lots of cross posts - I obviously type slowly!

Loving Drs Thong and Thang!!

Hmm, the turbo trainer he's looking at has 30% off and is just over ??200 - maybe not such an ideal Christmas present!!
19/11/2012 at 22:08
EF I am speechless, have visions of you routing through the bin and comparing lines which have already been analysed repeatedly!! Sounds like lines getting darker though so I share your optimism and praying it is good news for you xx lol to thang and thong!!
MM has indeed been racing and got a 2nd I think.
CC your handicap is only based on 'approved' courses too so your ultras haven't counted have they?
Caro - choc porridge??? Not sure about that!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.