Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,621 to 37,640 of 45,454 messages
19/11/2012 at 22:10

if you like murders there is an author called peter james and i just bought no. 2 of the lewis trilogy for 20p!

19/11/2012 at 22:13
Ouch Vixo! Glad E sounds like she's on the mend.

So when do you get to meet Drs Theng, Thing and Thung then? I was bad enough without having gone though what you have. That is funny. So hope it's not a false positive. X

Im 22.2, must start racing more!!!
19/11/2012 at 22:28

missed Drs Thong and Thang, that's hysterical

Chocolate porrige I'm afraid.

Think it does include ultras but I hardly race any more, I have no social life ... I am very sad!! 

I have ordered this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Branx-Fitness-20kph-Foldable-Treadmill/dp/B007VODZ28

Vixo - not surprised you are wasted, that sounds a grim night.  I had S wandering around a 4am asking if it was time to get up yet! Tonight she has promised that if it's dark she won't come into my room and will stay in bed cos obviously it is still night time ...

Edited: 19/11/2012 at 22:28
19/11/2012 at 22:29
EF- at least you realise it is mad. And we all know why. Thinking of you xxx
19/11/2012 at 22:59
OMG ladies!! I have just taken HOURS to catch up..... Our rental house for last 2 weeks did not have wireless so have not been able to get online. Am now in hotel in Cambridge, seeing Mr TT's family before we head to gatwick tomorrow for flight on Wednesday. Has been hectic 3 weeks and we didn't really get everything done but did catch up with family and some friends.

Looking forward to going home and getting back to some routine but has been lovely to see everyone and Max has been a little gem.

JT, couldn't believe you were still suffering!! Hope you see an end to this soon. How long have you been ill now?

EF, got a bit excited for you when I was reading back as saw all sorts of comments about twin boys but then realized why. Keeping everything crossed for you.

CC, well done on your certificate. Must be great to have that under your belt.

Can't possibly comment on everything else I have missed.

Vixo and Anj, hope you're both ok, I'm feeling very heavy and uncomfortable at the moment, still got 3 months to go. Have been very bad with diet and exercise though. Need to get home to get back on top of it.
20/11/2012 at 11:20
Choccie porridge yum.....just add a couple of spoons of Nutella
20/11/2012 at 12:34
I have to go for a blood test tomorrow you'll all be pleased to hear! Then back on Monday too probably.
20/11/2012 at 13:06

Am here ladies. Thanks for thinking of me. I have read on the odd day but am so rushed off my feet I just don't have time for FB and come on here too. I know you all know what I'm up to anyway so thats fine.

Still running and racing. Ticking along at the mo around 60mpw until I ramp up just before xmas for marathon. Had fab weekend away with my friend and loads of stuff on the last two weekends with parties and races.

Nanna's birthday on Sat so we went down to Stourhead to visit her tree and celebrate her birthday. Yes hubbie doing a mad challenge to raise money for Muscular Dystrophy. We tried to find an event the four (with SIL and BIL) of us could do an adventure race or such like but BIL has a malignant brain tumour now so thats not going to work until he is better (which he will be, all very positive on that front).

Been reading about EF. Thinking of you with all you are going through...

TT in the UK and so close. Next time for sure??

Nutella... Yuk!!!!  I hate hazelnuts and praline so thats why. Almonds, walnuts, in fact all other nuts. But praline makes me feel sick!!

Yum. Just had some of my winning cake from Over the Hills race. We cracked it open on Sat for Nanna's birthday. Rich fruit cake. Very yum!!

How do you see the handicap on Power of 10? Can't see anything about a handicap?

Madam actually napping so best get on...

20/11/2012 at 13:08

Oh and forgot to say wee S probably needs glasses like the other two, having the test done in Jan, just had preliminary check up. Feeling very emotional about that. No squint though like Harry so at least thats something ...

20/11/2012 at 13:12
Just walked past a woman pushing triplet babies. I hope it's not a sign!!!
20/11/2012 at 13:29
Oh EF that's so potentially exciting! ,(not the triplets!), both my boys' pregnancy tests started like that. Didn't like to say before. I so, so hope it's positive for you.

MM - great to hear from you, well done on your race. Sorry to hear about Sophie, but at least you'll give her the best possible start. Glad your bil is going to be ok, sounds scary.

Tt - yep, still battling on! I've been off work 7 weeks... Think the end may be in sight, just as long as it's not an artificial high from the steroids.

Grim weather! Quite glad I can't run in a,funny way!!!
20/11/2012 at 14:30

Given that I run vicariously through my sister at the moment, here is her latest write up in the local press

http://fredericksburg.patch.com/articles/fredericksburg-s-vicky-jasparro-breaks-mcm-turkey-trot-record

20/11/2012 at 19:56
EF, this waiting game is hideous. Shall be thinking of you tomorrow.

We are now in a hotel at gatwick. We have a disastrously tired but willful little boy and a grumpy daddy and just one room for all 3 of us. It's going to be a long night...
20/11/2012 at 20:03

oh TT, you have my sympathies ... was a long night for us on Fri eve with us all in one room with a hideously overtired scarlett etc etc. Hope you get some sleep!

EF ... (())

Survived the day with four kids, in fact they all played really well after a bit of a horrible start! Loaded bike up with rack on the tow bar and took their bikes plus mine to forest for a little bike ride, saw some other friends there too.  Then they basically trashed my lounge but were playing some wonderful make-believe stuff so I forgive. Then all had swimming lessons so they are pleasantly tired!!

Looking forward to getting out for a run tomorrow after five days of NO RUNNING - eek!!!

Treadmill arrives on 3 December

Off to order some proper pilates mats and some blocks and head cushions and sort out some proper insurance now - so that's where my library earnings will be going for the next month or so!

Good to hear from you MM.

Hope you are hanging in there Lotte.

Few quiet souls at the moment - TT is another ...

Hope you are having a better day Vixo

20/11/2012 at 21:14

Oh, I remember the travelling with one room for all of us, hubby and I sitting in the dark waiting for L to go to sleep. I don't miss that bit!! Have a safe journey TT. Glad you are well, I am feeling heavier myself but well otherwise and still managing to plod out 4-5 times a week.  

Treadmill looks fab CC. I am now torn between two... the one you are getting and this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maxima-Fitness-MF-2000-ProFX-Auto-Incline-MF-2000-TM-XL/dp/B004B71U16/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top Think they are much of a much... and eek 4 kids CC!!

EF, the waiting is the worst part...kind of like you are in limbo. We had the wait with this one, when the preg test was positive but too early to show on a scan and I was bleeding. I had to have the HcG levels done and then go back a couple of days later, then wait for the call to see if they had doubled. Then have it done all over again. I think it took about 2 weeks in total before we had confirmation all was "ok." Really hoping all is good for you.  

Feeling a bit less fed up today. Went to the gym, then shopping for bras without underwire and got measured in M&S... had a bit of a shock at how saggy my boobs looked in non underwired bras. And a laugh (to myself) at how some of the bras the assistant bought made me look like Madonna (in pointy bra), and not in a good way Anyway, ran out of the changing room without the ones she recommended and bought a couple of T-Shirt Bras that I have yet to try on!!

AND... I did some work this evening...which is possibly why I feel a bit better having at least made a start on the assessment. Just had hot choc and mince pie and heading to bed I think.

20/11/2012 at 21:35
Anj - I've stuck with underworked this time, and have some underworked feeding bras too - I felt awful in the others. Impressed with the amount you're running, I'm just counting down the weeks now until I should hopefully be able to get out again. Apart from anything else, if I tried to run at the moment I'd need the loo every 30 seconds - walking is bad enough!

EF - hope the waiting isn't torturing you too much. When do you get the blood test result? I have read the Lewis books and quite liked them - I enjoy reading books set in different places/times as there's more to them than just the plot. The third book in the trilogy isn't out yet I don't think - not really a trilogy yet!

MM - hope S's eyes are ok. I think it's normal to feel a bit sad about things like that, I know I would even though I'd feel bad about worrying about it - if that makes sense!

CC - hope the run goes well! We had a much better night, thank you, and E is pretty much back to her usual self this morning which has been truly lovely to see. I was convinced it was all viral but now feel that the antibiotics may well have had something to do with her improvement - feel a bit bad we didn't see someone sooner! I think she's also been helped by 2 days of not being sick, so although she didn't eat all that much yesterday she actually kept down everything she did eat, so she's just had more energy. She ate almost normally today and actually seemed interested in food for the first time in ages. I had a day of annual leave booked anyway and was going to have a day for myself but kept her at home and am pleased that I did as I feel much happier about her going to nursery tomorrow - for my last day of work!!!

I had my hair cut today, and i got her to take plenty off to tide me over until I'm next able to go, which will no doubt be some time! I think I must have had a trainee hair washer though as I ended up completely soaked - water running down my face, and the towels round my neck sopping. I hate having to look at myself in the mirror as well, I make really daft faces when I talk!!
20/11/2012 at 21:52

Vixo - glad E is on the mend, poor thing.

EF - totally feel your pain/madness/frustration.  Hang in there and everything is still crossed!!  Love the Drs .

Caro - porridge and nutella?  Mmmmm....

Just a quickie really, am feeling full of cold this evening - kids' lurgy no doubt so hopefully not a bad one.  N has been awful recently, although it is TOTM which doesn't help .  He hasn't had a nap in 4 days and is not good with it with me!  Grandma wound me up today, refusing to hear anything bad about him and telling me he's "probably growing out of naps dear"  - yes that's why he's naughty as anything when he's tired!  And breathe...

20/11/2012 at 21:53

Anj - I was torn between the Maxima and the Branx ones too - spent ages deliberating and then almost just stuck a pin in the paper type thing!!!

Vixo - I think it's always amazing  how quickly they perk up once they DO start eating/sleeping properly ... if only we responded so quickly to stuff.

Thankfully when my glasses are removed at hairdressers I am totally blind!!

Joshua is totally attached to the fake black plastic glasses I bought him for Harry Potter dressing up. Even though they are more Harry Hill than Harry Potter. He hardly took them off all weekend, and keeps putting them on to read stuff - like daddy and grandad do!!

Hot chocolate and mince pie - yum yum but well done on the studying though. Much better after plenty of procrastinating I find.

Just been looking up quotes for insurance and working out how much it will be to buy some of the kit I want ... but off to bath/bed now.  And OFF here!

20/11/2012 at 21:54

What are underworked bras Vixo? Just googled it and come up with all sorts of bizarre pages!

20/11/2012 at 21:57

Can you get insurance through REPS CC? I think that is where I got my 1st PT insurance.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.