Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,621 to 37,640 of 43,409 messages
15/12/2013 at 22:24

We are a fecund lot on this thread! I would not be amused if I were in your shoes TT but am happy to live happy to live vicariously through all of you with more than 2 kids . Congratulations.  

15/12/2013 at 22:50

I said something to hubby this morning and he misheard me and thought I said I was pregnant - his face was a picture and told me all I needed to know!

15/12/2013 at 23:00

Yes serious congrats TT. Rather you than me though!! And like I said in my message you've made me realise I need to send andy for the snip! 

Cm hope you are ok. Miss you on FB. As a lucky person who has not had to battle depression I have no words of wisdom but we are all here to support you. 

my fury the other night was based on the fact that it's ok for Andy to rant and rave but when I raised my voice at Lou he started shouting about how horrible it is to come home to that. Bollox to that. 

vixo I saw you had a night out recently. I was wondering if you'd be announcing anything again soon.... Seem to remember O being the product of your last night out

good selling camlo. 

Sorry not been on. Lots going on. Trip to birmingham to try to get a job I'm not sure I want but need to get (within my firm). Long tale. Job sounds good I admit, it's just not ideal timing

15/12/2013 at 23:02

Molluscum was the bane of our lives for about 2 years. Tom had it really bad and when they got chicken pox, his cleared and archies started. i tried eveything too but the only thing that (might of) helped was sea water.... Bit chilly to take her for a swim in the sea now though! 

Wow TT, glad you are pleased and hope you can keep your energy up through the morning sickness etc. Didnt you get diabetes last time? 

I know i have to force the trainers on but doubt it will be easy as Archie has the lurgy so I will be grounded i fear. ARGH why, why do we always get the bugs before xmas?!

15/12/2013 at 23:07

It's lou's verruca that I can't stand - seems to be a permanent fixture. I shouldn't be surprised. I had loads of them an they hung around over a decade. 

15/12/2013 at 23:30
I used some stuff on J's that you squirt on once a week. It sort of froze it off. It was vile stuff but it worked. He had had his for months.
16/12/2013 at 07:34
Ha ha EF - you weren't the only one who thought that! I had texts from several friends intimating the same thing, but fear not, I was out with an old friend, and my husband was at home with the children - so no danger of baby number 4!! We're definitely not taking any risks this time though!
16/12/2013 at 08:12

Arrgghh we are having a nightmare with Matilda going to bed at the moment!! She is so not tired at bedtime so takes ages to wind down, she HATES having her door shut but comes out repeatedly if its not. Once it gets shut she howls her head off for ages and ages - really really really sick of it!!! She better sort it out before we get down to the farm next week or Mum and Dad will think we have traded her in for a monster!!!

16/12/2013 at 08:34
Hoggle - I'm guessing it is still light at bedtime which won't help? Is she still napping in the day? If so maybe time to drop it. Both my fabby sleepers went thru sleep nightmares when they were 2. E woke at night for weeks and refused to go back to sleep.
16/12/2013 at 09:40

i have done the 'slap a load of sudocrem on the spots and a big spoonful of piriton for you my lovely' and off to school this morning. it's not the pox. it can't be. lalalalala.

16/12/2013 at 09:46

Maybe salt in bath might help if seawater helped?

16/12/2013 at 10:12

TT - E has had a load of pustule-y looking spots appear on her face and shoulder overnight. Not molluscum. They are in a line around her hairline onto her shoulder. They aren't in a normal place for chickenpox to appear. She has none on her torso. At least if it is chickenpox, it might get rid of the molluscum because apparently that does happen. I have dispatched her to school anyway - I did tell them she had spots and to let me know if she got anymore. I feel a bit bad sending her in. But she's not unwell, so I really don't think it can be chickenpox. please NO!

16/12/2013 at 10:23
Hoggle - I'm guessing it is still light at bedtime which won't help? Is she still napping in the day? If so maybe time to drop it. Both my fabby sleepers went thru sleep nightmares when they were 2. E woke at night for weeks and refused to go back to sleep.
16/12/2013 at 10:43

Every phase is a phase, every phase is a phase Hoggle...  It's such a pain when they play up at bedtime, but stick to your guns and your routine and hopefully she will soon give up.  If all else fails could you do a reward chart or just rewards for her staying in her room after bedtime, or the stones in a jar idea that some people have done and take a stone out every time she comes out?  And obviously just keep returning her to bed without talking to her other than "it's bedtime, good night" or something.  It will pass...my friend's little girl did the same for a while but has thankfully grown out of it now (she's 3 now).

Forgot to mention I did Bolsover 10k yesterday and got a post-baby pb !  My main aim was to get under an hour as the last 2 10ks I've done have been 1:00:01 which my running friends having taken the p*** out of me for so I was determined not to do it again!  Only 59:37 (my all-time pb is 57:07) but a step in the right direction .

16/12/2013 at 10:45

Ooh Congrats TT!

16/12/2013 at 11:15

well done JG!

16/12/2013 at 21:35

16/12/2013 at 22:05

Any more spots CM? when I got chickenpox at 21 the spots started in my hair at nape of neck and behind 

ears. 

16/12/2013 at 22:26
No TT. School says they look like bites. At this time of year??? Anyway she is full of beans. Was super lovely at home time today and very entertaining so I don't think she is coming down with anything.

Front room dutifully turned into an enormous tent with lots of blankets and extra chairs. Those elves only have one more night after tonight as kids go to T on weds and I don't get them back till Boxing Day. I think rock bottom will be hit on Wednesday...
16/12/2013 at 23:09

Is there a local charity/church/nursing home that would b happy to have an extra volunteer 

on Xmas eve/day CM, keep u occupied while the kids r away and help to 

take ur mind off it?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.