Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,641 to 37,660 of 47,637 messages
20/11/2012 at 22:04
Oops - iPad autocorrect! Underwired that was supposed to say!
20/11/2012 at 22:34
Anj - I dread tp think what came up!!! Think as long as the treadmill fits your needs I don't think there's a lot in it!

Vixo - glad E is better, we've all done it!

Ef- hope all goes well tomorrow. Try to get some sleep.

Cc - hope you got sorted, not the most exciting job for an evening!

Hmm, no coughing today! Shock horror!!!
20/11/2012 at 22:56
My bras are all distinctly underworked these days Got to love autocorrect!

Good luck EF - will be thinking of you xxx
21/11/2012 at 00:11
Thinking of you too EF when and where are you in London again?
21/11/2012 at 08:22
Thinking of you EF!!!!
I am feeling very sorry for myself! Stuck in a hotel in Auckland because of stupid volcanic eruption canceling flights!!! I've already had 2 nights away and am missing my baby terribly! Hubby decidedly unsympathetic and more annoyed at having to rearrange his work to do daycare drop off - grrrr.
Hoping hoping will be ok to fly tomorrow morning!!!
21/11/2012 at 08:49
Thanks everyone. Here now then have to call in later for results. Gulp!

Hoggle what a mare and yet uk press barely covers it - had to hunt the bbc website for info!

Brookie I'm down tomorrow til sat but they lock us up in conferences for much of it tho seeing old uni pal on Friday am when my colleagues are hungover and I'll be sprightly!
21/11/2012 at 09:10

Wow it's Mount Tongarirro... we hiked that crossing this earlier this year. Hope you get home safely Hoggle.

Good luck EF. Thinking of you.

21/11/2012 at 09:53
EF I get on my plane in just over an hour. Will have to wait until we get there to hear your news. Fingers crossed.
21/11/2012 at 10:36

Hppy flying TT, and hope you get home Hoggle!

Just withdrawn from VLM next yr.  No point putting it off really.

21/11/2012 at 11:13
Hope the flight goes ok TT, and you get home soon Hoggle!

EF - fingers crossed. I feel nervous for you! Have you done any more tests?!!

TB - hee hee! Mine are in fact rather overworked at the moment - hate pregnancy boobs! - hence the need for underwiring!

I use the ipad so much that I have got completely lazy about spelling and punctuation as just expect it to appear as it should. We don't use computers very much at work - just for emails and, ahem, the odd bit of typing as I might just be doing now, so most of what I do is browsing on the internet and writing nonsense on here - which the ipad is great for.

Have had some bad news which puts my general whinging in perspective for me a bit - one of my very good friend's 4 week old baby has bronchiolitis and is currently being ventilated on PICU. The mesage was that the prognosis is good, but still horrible for them, so keeping all fingers crossed that they have good news soon. They are both doctors, which in some ways I think makes it a bit easier as you understand what's going on, but when it's your own child I'm not entirely sure that's always a good thing, as you also have all the worst case scenarios in your head and know exactly what isn't being said. Urgh, just horrible.
21/11/2012 at 11:27

EF - thinking of you. fingers, toes, legs, arms, eyes crossed

vixo - hope your friend's baby pulls through quickly. how awful for them. i know JT and Camlo (and probably some others) have been there with bronchiolitis...

Hoggle - hope you can fly soon. and TT - hope the flight is ok and all is fine when you get home

JT - hope things continue to improve for you.

CC - does that mean you are a qualified pilates instructor now? can you do lessons via skype for me, please?! i am just RUBBISH at doing them by myself and i need someone counting / shouting at me. i can only make one class a week but need to do pilates much more often than that to keep my back in control!

good to hear from you, MM. sorry to hear about BIL, but good that the prognosis is good. shame about S and her glasses. have to say, it doesn't bother me that E wears them really. it's just one of those things. yes, she looks prettier without them, but she needs them. and there are a million things worse than wearing a pair of glasses, in my opinion. just been to see my FA to get my will signed and his son is profoundly deaf. with cochlear implants and hearing aids he has a tiny amount of hearing. that would be far worse, i think.

managed my race at the weekend - was trickier than i thought because footpath along the river very uneven and also covered in leaves. however, i did 52.30 which is about 2 mins slower than i should really have been. i didn't ache after so clearly didn't run fast enough. my ankles wobble like crazy when i run on uneven surfaces and i end up kicking my calf with my opposite heel through excessive wobbling. i also think i'm going to go right over on my ankles the whole time, so it is really hard work. is it just a case of doing more offroad stuff to get my ankles stronger?

21/11/2012 at 11:52

Oh Hoggle, hope you get home soon - boo to hubby's response!!

TT - hoping flight is on time and smooth

Vixo - it does put things into perspective doesn't it? Bronchiolitis - have a few friends who's babies had it and were hospitalised, but all pulled through

EF - everything crossed!!

CM - I now have a Certificate in Mat-based Pilates, so it's the start of a process really. Many people just instruct on the the Certificate and never feel the need to take it any further, but you can go on and build upon it to make it a Diploma, which is the equivalent of a Personal Training qualification (rather than 'just' a gym instructor).  So basically I now need to teach regularly for the next 4-6 months and then I can go and do a bit more training on how to advance classes further. 1:1 coaching and how to manage and develop yourself as an instructor (and a more in-depth anatomy and physiology exam).

Maybe I need to do some YouTube sessions!!!! Heaven Forbid, can't stand the sound of my voice so god knows what it sounds like when I am talking people through how to do moves and counting for them!!!

I'm good at kicking one ankle with the opposing heel when I am tired, or if really tired when running fast my knees knock together!  That doesn't happen much these days as I rarely run fast anymore!

Yes, more off-road stuff for sure, standing on one leg and shutting eyes, or see if you can get one of those inflatable wobble boards (I got one from TKMaxx for £7) - look like squashed rubber hedghogs

MM - you go onto the Run Britain site from the Power of 10 site to get the handicap. There are a good seven years worth of races missing from my log anyway so it looks like I didn't start running until about 2007!

7 miles round the forest this morning, perfect running weather too. Hope those in the SW are not drowning?

21/11/2012 at 12:35

we are drowning. it hasn't stopped raining heavily since sunday evening. on sunday i spent the afternoon clearing leaves from the garden using a giant soft-sided yellow bucket to load the leaves into before bunging them back over the fence into the forest. so on sunday evening, the bucket was empty. by yesterday afternoon the bucket was 3/4 full of rainwater - and it is a HUGE bucket. it has just rained and rained and rained.

i have used a wobble board for years to no effect. i have hypermobile ankles (according to podiatrist) so i think there is limited progress to be expected from them...

21/11/2012 at 13:00

Ha! Mine hadn't recorded anything before 2004, and I have been running since I was 11. So Ahem, 29 years of running missing there!!

Same here CM. Everywhere is flooded. Nightmare!!

Let us know EF...

21/11/2012 at 13:15

Haven't read a thing other than Vixo's query about testing - what do you think???  Of course I have!

but........I'M PREGNANT

HCG level was 75 today and they wanted it to be at least 30 as on Friday they needed it to be 50.  So, it's not too high and it's over Friday's minimum so they don't need me back until first scan which is at 7 weeks and so is 14th Dec.

Thank you all so much for all your support - It has really meant a lot to me that I can vent here. 

21/11/2012 at 13:36
Ef I've just burst into tears!!! Congratulations.xxxx
21/11/2012 at 13:39
Thanks JT. Bit teary here too and conscious it's a very long way to go!
21/11/2012 at 13:41

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA  

21/11/2012 at 13:43

Hope your friend's baby is ok Vixo - what about the wk old baby killed by the family jack russel yesterday??  Doesn't bear thinking about.  The no of times I have advised people not to trust any dog with a baby ever.............

21/11/2012 at 13:46
Oh god just read vixo's full post awful awful.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.