Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,641 to 37,660 of 45,783 messages
27/02/2013 at 19:34
I was the same EF, but swim lessons cured me, can even put my face under the shower now, which couldn't do b4. I was one of those children who wore a huge disc thing on their head to get hair washed cos I went mental if water got on my face.
27/02/2013 at 19:35
Regretting teaching Lou knock knock doctor who joke. She doesn't get it and keeps substituting dr with nurse!!
27/02/2013 at 19:46
Sorry to disappoint you then Tt. But I am not paying ??3 to swim two lengths using legs only and get out frustrated! Not worth it for me. To be honest don't really give a shit what anyone thinks and if they think I am making excuses then fine. Black clouds are black clouds. A couple of lengths in the pool aren't going to shift them

Caro - you are not eating enough. That is seriously very light indeed.
27/02/2013 at 20:09
Oh CM the clouds really have set in. Our gym has a hand cycle which I can verify is seriously hard work. Does your local leisure centre have such a thing? Ours also lets you swim after the gym for no extra cost (unless they've changed the rules!) so you could do hand cycle plus couple of lengths. Gawd you'd be rivalling Jennifer Aniston's arms after a couple of workouts like those!

Caro my goodness that's light. If I go under 60kg I look pretty gaunt.
27/02/2013 at 20:12

erm no, don't think you are making excuses ... and agree black clouds ARE black clouds ...

chilli seeds, I swore I'd never have them again after hubby planted an entire packet assuming only a few would take and we had 25 chilli plants thriving around the house ... looked well dodgy from the driveway - like not chilli plants but something waaay more interesting!  In the end though, it was fab as I could make shed-loads of chilli jam so I think I may be planting them again

27/02/2013 at 20:15
So nags are the way forward for veggies for me then I reckon. Cool. Great splits tangy! Good on you! It's so cool to get a buzz from a training session rather than a race. Wel Jel.

Caro - yeah lots of exercise and bf-ing will do that. I dropped to my lowest post baby after Edinburgh marathon when still bf-ing. More cake!
CM - feel for you. ((())) don't hit me (virtually!) for saying this and maybe it's already been discusses but have you ever tried counselling or anti-depressants? Speaking as someone who has had her fair share of both, the latter especially really helped me with my self esteem. Just a low dose once a day seems to take the edge of my self hatred and self doubt. Doesn't cure it completely but helps a lot. I remember one revelatory moment years and years ago after I first started Prozac when I thought "golly I feel NORMAL! this is what most people feel like most of the time!"

Anyway, I'm sure you've thought of that already but I'm so keen on trying to take the stigma out of admitting sometimes its hard to be happy that I just thought I'd mention it. Hope u don't mind.

Nutella on malt loaf? Now that I must try!!
27/02/2013 at 20:17
BAGS not nags for veggies of course!
27/02/2013 at 20:18
Nags would be a whole new horse meat scandal....!

Dear oh dear I really need to go to bed if my jokes are descending to this level!
27/02/2013 at 20:23
Yeah - 5 years of anti depressants and hundreds and hundreds of pounds worth of counselling. The only thing that works vaguely is running. Which I can't do

Leisure centres here need membership for gym usage. Am not member. ??30-odd a month too...

Nothing I can do but sit it out. And keep up with the fasting.

Anyway - bla bla crap f*^%.

I want my baby girl
27/02/2013 at 20:32
Currently the only exercise I can do is front crawl with a float between my legs so that I don't use them - BORING!!
Had a long session with osteo and feeling really disheartened as reality of this injury sinks in. Obviously need to wait for MRI but the loss of function is either going to require surgery or if it can mend on own it's 3-6 months. And forget running I can't even walk more than short distances so feel it really hampers my time with M. He has recommended acupuncture so I have an appt today. Feeling really really downhearted about it all - I don't know how to be a non-active person!

Sorry, just needed to vent! Keep thinking of my friend with the very sick baby and reminding myself that this is nothing in comparison.

Veges - I love gardening, currently have a fair but in but to hot and dry for anything new. I have 2 incredible butternut squash plants with huge squash on them and one courgette plant that has given 30+ courgettes and still pumping out one every 1-2 days - its so tall I've had to stake it!!!
27/02/2013 at 20:33
CM I think the difference is that most of us get 'support' which can feel like a kick up the bum off our partners and family and we all want to give you the same!! I certainly didn't feel like going out at the weekend but hubby practically laced my shoes up for me and ordered me into the fresh air as he could see my black cloud descending. You do care and hopefully when you are able to run again and you are feeling brighter you will see that we care too. chin up chicken xx
Boo to sore boobs, missed runs, being late for school and repetative jokes
yippee to quick reps, new trainers, planning Hols and birthday plans

Nope I am not stretching or rollering as not really sure what is wrong and therefore what to do to help. if ok Friday I will try another short run and go from there. Of course now I have nearly finished 'born to run' I will be running like the tarahumara from now on and changing to mid/ front landings....

EF how about - knock knock, who's there, Nicholas, Nicholas who?, knicker less girls shouldn't climb trees........ bad daddy told the boys, who told the entire school....

Going to Cardiff tomorrow for a meeting and having lunch in the Clink (prison resturant) can't wait!!
27/02/2013 at 20:39
Lol I like I tried Isabel necessary on a bicycle but got blank looks.
27/02/2013 at 20:41
cross posts ladies, I think the whole issue is summed up in your last 5 words CM...
27/02/2013 at 20:42
had to say that out loud !!!! will tell the boys in the morning!
27/02/2013 at 20:49

oh God Camlo, I HAVE to tell the Nicholas one to J ... he will absolute adore it and send me nuts too ... the Isobel one currently drives us nuts, Js best friend is called just that and hubby spends the whole time he is with us, if we even mention her going 'Is-a-bell ... necessary on a bicycle'! Until I want to shoot him ... well I often want to do that

Hoggle - definitely come and rant (well you've had to read my permanent whinging on here today!!). I think most of us can get the whole not knowing how to be an unactive person ... hope the acupuncture provides some kind of respite for you though (())

I now have a sore ear when I swallow - bu**er ... bah ... grrrr!!

27/02/2013 at 20:56
((()))) more hugs CM.
And boo to injury Hoggle. And sore ear CC. Camlo, love how you went from talking lovely counselling caring friendly sense to telling jokes! Brilliant. And I hadn't heard either joke before. Must remember them tmrw.
27/02/2013 at 21:25

I read Martha a joke the other day 'What do babies eat at McDonald's?' - 'Nappy Meals', she immediately went to tell Daddy the joke but the punchline was 'Nappy Dinner', bless.  She is 5 tomorrow - time flies!

27/02/2013 at 22:10
Just remembered too that taping a cotton wool ball under sore bit of foot helped metatarsalgia, eventually got insoles that had gel lump under ball of foot to open up metatarsals.
28/02/2013 at 07:36

happy birthday, Martha!

waking up on your daughter's 4th birthday and not being able to give her a big hug sucks. as does phoning her father 5 times before he picks up the phone so you can wish her a happy birthday.

28/02/2013 at 07:55
Big hugs CM - tough start to the day. Hope it improves when you see her and just think of the fun you'll have painting horse hooves this weekend!

Its 9pm and Matilda is running around showing no signs of going to bed - I'm freakin exhausted and hubby is out. Was planning a quiet night with M in bed by 6.30 - ha! She is currently carrying her daddy's dirty climbing kit round and keeps giving it to me - awesome!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.