Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,661 to 37,680 of 47,210 messages
21/11/2012 at 13:50
That's tragic Caro.... Not keen on Jack Russells for that reason.

Vixo - that brings back such bad memories from two years ago. The hardest thing for me was being told things were getting no better but there was nothing they could do as it was viral. Hope it's a five day nasty fit and no more.

Cm - we actually have blue sky, what's going on?! Not for much longer I fear!

Miracle, car passed MOT! Got a half price deal too through Halfords Autocentres online if anyone needs one!
21/11/2012 at 14:03

Adding my official congratulations to EF - woo bloody hoo

Reading but never time to post. Achilles better so some running going on at long last.  Hubby has a new job - which is making my financial heart tick a little more easy I have to say! Seems like a good job to me as 3 weeks in and he has been in Japan all week on business - business that seems to involve lots of drinking champagne and sake, lucky git  He is keeping his consultancy business going on the side - calling it his pension plan!

Vixo - hope your friend's baby keeps making progress.

Right, better get off here - am on school pick-up which needs me on the other side of Edinburgh for 2:50pm!

Sorry to to name check but waves to you all - and welcome to the newbies whose names I have forgotten but do remember that one is a special kind of vet nurse!

21/11/2012 at 14:22
EF - that is just absolutely brilliant news, I'm thrilled for you and will be keeping everything crossed that it all goes ok from now on. Now, truthfully, how many tests are you going to do between now and your scan?!!

I have heard from my friend today and they still think there will be a good outcome as she's not needing too much breathing support (text message came complete with the settings the ventilator is on!) but they have found a couple of small holes in her heart - again they think/hope will not be too serious. Sorry to bring back bad memories JT, I had forgotten you'd had similar problems. Hopefully I will get to see my friend in the next few days when she's not at the hospital as her older girl and E enjoy 'playing' together, and we're not far from the hospital. I hope it all resolves quickly as the older daughter is going to be 2 in a few weeks so would be lovely for them to be able to celebrate without any worry hanging over them.

Hadn't seen the news about the dog and baby. My bil has a very exuberant collie who I think is probably pretty harmless, but is pretty dim, and very much used to be absolutely 'top dog' in my bil's eyes (he split up with his last girlfriend and one of the issues was that she was unhappy about the dog sharing the bed with them every night - he liked to sleep stretched out down the middle of the bed between them!), and I have never been that keen on him running around and licking the girls. It happened the first time when Isabelle was very small and I made my feelings pretty clear, and was adamant that he should never be left alone with them at any time. I'm sure they all think I'm over-reacting, but hey, it doesn't take much to damage a small child!
21/11/2012 at 14:33

oh EF that is absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!! well done . now - is it 1 or 2 do you reckon?

awful news re the baby and the dog. i have to say, not really a dog person and for that reason don't trust them around kids at all. i never find i can predict whether it's going to be a lick or a bite they give. but i understand that some people don't share my view.

glad things are looking a bit better for your friend's baby, vixo.

21/11/2012 at 14:41

Just want to delurk to say congratulations EF

21/11/2012 at 14:41

Brilliant news EF. Absolutely chuffed to bits for you.

Well that will teach me to read the weather forecasts. Set out for a run in light drizzle (was desperate for some fresh air after a rainy couple of days too.!) After a couple of miles, I stopped at the public loos, I plan my route around them as ALWAYS need a wee after a mile or so. Well, when I came out, the sky was black and the wind had whipped up and it was pouring!! And I had only been in there a couple of minutes...anyway decided to head on and got absolutely soaked and freezing! Managed another 2.5 miles in it though. I guess we have your weather JT, CM and MM. It's vile out there now, and hubby is driving back from Exeter this evening.

The poor baby killed by the dog is awful. I wouldn't trust any sort of dog around kids either... but especially Jack Russells, they are just evil, snappy and horrid. I can't fathom why anyone would get one of those types of dog. (really sorry to anyone who has one!!)

A friend from Leilas preschool just had a baby and spent 2 nights in hospital with him after he had Bronchitis. Hope your friends baby is on the mend Vixo.

Good news on the new job for hubby too MR. Japan sounds good...for him!!

Hmm. Wonder if there is a magic fairy who will come and do the pre-school pick up for me...

21/11/2012 at 14:50
Oh don't worry Vixo! We narrowly missed ventilation thank goodness, were threatened on a couple of occasions. We were really unlucky to be in so long so hopefully theyll be home for birthday. One thing I would say though, if you can get in to see your friend it makes so much difference. I'll never forget CM coming to see us, made more difference than you'll ever know CM, especially that sneaky g and t!
21/11/2012 at 15:07

Just re-read my post and realised how judgmental it sounds about Jack Russells and their owners... and I can't edit it!! I was bitten by one when I was younger and haven't liked them since. I am sure there are some nice ones out there though  

Well, no fairy has turned up so better be off to get L and take her to ballet.

21/11/2012 at 15:20

Huge congratulations to EF!!!!  Was laughing reading back over your preg testing stories, I have done some pretty similar stuff in the past (and am I the only one to keep the first positive preg test?! A few friends have told me I'm gross to have ancient wee sticks in my bedside drawer...)

Anyway, got to do some work(!), back in a bit.

21/11/2012 at 15:28

Lol Sonya - I have Lou's one somewhere.  I also presently have a rather large number in my bedside drawer and worse they are all marked up in permanent marker with day and whether am or pm

21/11/2012 at 15:28

Yeah EF. Super super news. Made my day ...

Other news from Caro and Vixo not so good.

Have 3 over excited boys here so best get off here, as their friends Mum has got stuck in floods. Everywhere is flooded around here. Nightmare. I haven't left the village today other than to run at 5.30am and am pleased I've not had to. And that was a 10 miles wade not a run. Took me ages and I'm covered in scratches from clambering up banks to avoid getting up to my knees and even my hips in places. Ridiculous weather...

21/11/2012 at 15:43

yes, absolutely ridiculous weather! I have just managed to slip UP a step in the woods (?!) and face planted in the mud. no-one to witness it thankfully, although i then had to run past the junior school at pick-up time and all the mums were laughing as i am head to toe in mud! best get in the shower really

21/11/2012 at 16:00

FIRST , just soooooo pleased for you and will be keeping fingers and toes etc firmly crossed, HOW are you going to survive the next few weeks? I am the wierdo who continued to take my temperature through the first few months just to check it stayed high!!!

Heard all about the flooding South of here ... sorry about our blue skies and sunshine we've been enjoying

Oh Vixo, really hope your friends wee one improves.

The news was totally depressing this morning what with one-week-old babies being mauled and the grooming of children, just all so grim. I like to buy a newspaper to keep up to speed with things but increasingly find myself having to hide it so J doesn't read it and start asking me about all these horrible things going on and what it all means.

21/11/2012 at 16:58
OMG EF I have just skimmed this page and seen your news, yay bloody ha girl, fab news, so so pleased for you.
Back lata, Mara just been sick in my hand, nice
21/11/2012 at 18:45

Wooooooooooohooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!   It is a long way to go but you have taken the first massive and most important step - yeay!

Saw the Jack Russell story - awful.

Hope your friends' baby is ok Vixo, I know all too well the feeling of your little baby in hospital and nothing you can do but fingers crossed all will be ok.

21/11/2012 at 18:54
Awesome news EF!!! So thrilled for you!
I've made it home this morning - M already at daycare so will get a bit of work done and pick her up before lunch. Desperate to see her!!
21/11/2012 at 20:09

glad you are home, Hoggle

just been to Pilates. yawwwn. but hopefully back will approve of it. any tips on how to motivate self to do pilates at home? can't watch telly as can't get the angle right, plus supposed to be head down or whatever so hardly ideal. could do music i guess but find it just makes me want to go too fast. suppose i should listen to some edu-ma-cational ebook or something??

forgot to say - had E measured and weighed yesterday when we went for pre-school imms (wasn't given a choice - whisked us into room and just did it) for the first time since i stopped taking her to baby clinic when she was 4 months old after getting a check-up phone call from a trainee health visitor to ask whether i was still remembering to feed my baby milk as the records had flagged that she was not gaining well and i hadn't been back in to get her weighed.  (those who were on this thread then will remember she had hideous reflux and basically would NEVER feed. i think on a normal day she took the sum total of about 8-10 ounces of expressed breastmilk in 24 hours, some of which was inevitably vomited straight back up).  anyway, she is now (aged 3yrs 9 months) on the 25th centile for weight and between the 91st and 98th centile for height. so definitely a tall and skinny bird. no wonder her trousers are always falling down! methinks she was never destined to fill out, even without the reflux!

21/11/2012 at 20:55

I keep meaning to get the boy weighed just to see how much of a chubster he is!

I am doing about 15 mins of pilates type stuff per day, usually whilst listening to the Archers on the i pad!  Sad I know.......

21/11/2012 at 21:21

I picked a good time to see what was going on in here then ............. big, huge, massive congrats EF, so chuffed for you .  In the interests of your financial health (no suggestions for your mental state ) may I suggest buying tests in bulk from somewhere like this: http://www.homehealth-uk.com/medical/pregnancy-tests.htm you can buy 50 for £20

21/11/2012 at 21:23
BRILLIANT EF, also got all emotional when you posted as was keeping it all crossed for you. You are a star!!!!!
Vixo - hope you friend gets some good news about her little one. Archie crashed in our local DGH and was transferred to Birm PICU on a ventilator where he crashed again and stayed for a week. That's why I want to raise money for them. I agree a little knowledge is good but to be honest I totally detached from him emotionally and I nursed him better rather than loved him better and I'm ashamed to say I was a rubbish mummy for a long time after.
jack Russell's - yep I hate them too but also agree with Caro that NO dog can ever be left with a baby. I loathe pics of babies next to huge dogs and when people let dogs lick faces I want to scream. We have had 2 local children with bad bites on their faces recently and each time the parents go in the local press to warn others.... Why would you place your most precious possession with something so risky? It's hardly rocket science!
Boo to bad weather, lots of surface water and soggy run first thing but it did ease up. Worse to come I fear. also boo to sick in the hand RF.
Yippee to getting home Hoggle and new job MR.
Hi Cinders - hope you are ok.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.