Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,721 to 37,740 of 47,182 messages
24/11/2012 at 13:27
Wow quiet today.
Yippee to show Hoggle, tidying up, PT hubbies and big fat skinny ones.
Boo to niggle CC, broken iPad CM, farting CM and playing with willy CM again!!!!
HUbby is demolishing our landing to get stairs into new extension so I'm going to dash to Tesco to buy some chrimbo Pressies half price. Oh joy I may be a while.....
24/11/2012 at 14:50

LOL CM, have to say, J went through a really awful stage of the willy-fiddling but thankfully it has passed -- well, he doesn't spend his whole time doing it now anyway, just sometimes, got heartily fed up of reading Harry Potter to him with him fiddling away, gave him a stress ball to play with instead!!!

Are you going alone Camlo? If so, I'd make it as long a trip as possible!!!

24/11/2012 at 18:23
Congratulations EF!! So pleased for you xxx
24/11/2012 at 20:42
Happy birthday to you...............????
Soz it was crap Camlo, my birthdays are often like that, it's pure rubbish. I hope you have bought something nice for yourself, your worth it girl! Yikes to your landing getting demolished, hope its put back together quick smart!
Yay to a PT hubby Karen, that would be rather handy.
Yikes to willy playing, glad I have girls!!!
Show sounded fun Hoggle.)
Hope alls well Lotte, sounds a bit manic. Look after yourself now.
Hope the niggle is nothing serious CC.
EF- how you feeling now?
Hubby out at football, had hospitality with work. There since midday so who knows when he'll be home but I'm reckoning it'll be after 10, probably midnight and he will be leg less.
It's rather nice without him actually. The girls &i sat in front of TV earlier eating pizza and making a mess, yay. They are all in bed and I'm pigging out on dairy milk now! Yum.
Still no running but think the time is getting closer. Only sore if I press really hard on it now. Bum still sore though after falling of the Swiss ball 8 days ago, what am I like!! Will do a 2-3 hr MTB cycle tomorrow & will leave a hungover husband looking after the three girls, LOL!!!!
25/11/2012 at 09:49
Oh no I killed the thread!!!
Just havin a banana omelette and psyching myself to get in the car with bike and go and do a few laps of the strathpuffer. Drizzly n 0 degrees outside so not Luvin the idea!
Rubbish sleep. Pished hubby home half eleven, singing on the sofa and then fell asleep!!! Took M into bed at 4 am as unsettled, eventually after a ling time she fel asleep but at least we didn't get up till 8. C up as usual early and found daddy asleep on the couch!!
Have good days
25/11/2012 at 18:28

banana omelette?! can't think of much worse. that sounds

hope your ride was nice. think you managed a run also from FB?

25/11/2012 at 19:06
Banana omelette - ewwww!
M's never ending cold has now thrown us conjunctivitis! Joy!! Just stuck together eyes not red or itchy but no daycare for her. Luckily I'm not too behind at work at the moment as I'll get stuff all done today!
25/11/2012 at 19:31

definitely  to banana omelette

kids were asking about going biking in the dark yesterday RF - thought of you, now need to dig around in garage and see how many random bike lights we've got kicking around, reckon Culbin Hill 99 trail at night would be fabee

boo to pished hubby and carp cold weather. We had same here today RF and it's still going.

So yes, as per RF, drizzle and 1 degree but orienteering anyway. J went on own round a white course (easiest) and emerged safely, I took S round same course and she did most of the map reading (all the flags are on path junctions), then hubby pitched up and took charge and I did my light green course, not last, but not fast either but I didn't get lost so now I know I can do it I need to start taking a few risks on the navigating front!! 

Calf niggle was there but seems no worse after a few kms of jumping over logs, bracken, gorse and brambles in the rain!!

Yeuch to conjunctivitis

Hubby gone again, seems like he hardly arrived!

Going to try and trundle through some training next week and HOPE the calf doesn't deteriorate further.

Somehow ended up in complex conversation with kids about abseiling and climbing tonight, complete with table-top demos with bits of string ... so aside from night riding, they want a trip climbing wall - I'm not complaining about any of that!!

25/11/2012 at 19:42
Yuck to banana omelette and boo to conjunctivitis and fleeting hubby too.
Orienteering sounds fun and could well feature in my future plans.
no running here as I have an awful cold, sore throat, cough etc and feel proper rubbish. Boys ready for bed and I won't be far behind!
25/11/2012 at 20:18
The banana omelette isn't that bad........... Honest!!!! It's eggs, cinnamon, banana and I added blueberries. Very filling!!! No dairy or gluton in it at all.
Boo to feeling carp Camlo, get yourself to bed.
Oh poor thing with conjunctvitis Hoggle and big boo to hubby away again CC and sore calf, maybe you should rest it??!!!!!
Well I did a 1hr 45 MTB cycle in the drizzle and cold, it was also a bit slippy on the rocks and bike slipped on a boardwalk in the woods. Jerked my sore bum/ back a wee bit again so was nervous after that not too slip again. Came home and had lunch. Hubby & girls were chilling out so when M had asleep in her buggy I thought I would try a wee run with the dog. Still drizzly and cold!! Did the three mile circuit and took it really slow with a couple of walk breaks but foot wasn't sore, yay so hopefully I can slowly get back into running, fingers crossed.
Pretty knackered so of to bed shortly x
25/11/2012 at 20:23
'Mud,sweat and tears- an irishwomans journey of self discovery ' by M O'sullivan.
Reading this at the mo CC and you would luv it. A mad ultra-adventure racing Irish woman trying to the the Wicklow round. She's amazing.
25/11/2012 at 20:36

yes, am putting it on my Christmas list!  Rested the calf for three days!!! No, seriously, am not intending to do any thing long or harsh on it for a couple of days and see how it holds out. Calves are tight anyway so am rollering them to pieces!!

Orienteering is great fun and a real family activity once they get old enough to understand the basics. J at 8 is only just old enough I feel to let him do his own thing but it is seriously good fun.

I lov MBKing but wet tree roots scare the hell out of me so seriously respect RF.

Boo to nasty cold Camlo - hope you have a hot toddy on hand ... worked a treat with my last cold, well Whisky Macs anyway

25/11/2012 at 20:43
In south africa they put bananas on pizza........I guess bananas omelette is probably no worse than me liking the American idea of pancakes and bacon with the whole lot covered in syrup

Hubby now in HK, spent a few hrs today at a friend of m's from school's house. Have only known the family since M started school and they seem v nice,
Plus had 2 wk old baby I got to cuddle. Dad had tummy bug so am hoping we haven't chanced our arm by going over.....please no puking from any of us!

M had a lie in till 8 this morning. Shame E woke me up at 6.20.

Made muffins this afternoon and I think I may have one whilst watching homeland soon.

Night all.
25/11/2012 at 20:43
I've got it on my kindle. Just got into bed so gonna read it for a while.
Yeah nearly slipped on a tree root also on my bike, it's a dangerous sport, mind you so are gym balsa, LOL.
Would luv to learn to map read and do orienteering with the kids, don't know if they do it around here anywhere.
Night all.
25/11/2012 at 20:45
Gym balls!! Silly iPad.
25/11/2012 at 20:48
Just discovered Matilda's friend now puking........argh!
25/11/2012 at 21:10
Oh god re puking Caro. Not what you guys need

Nah the egg omelette thing sounds too grim whichever way you spin it. Ouch to landing on your bum tho!

Sounds like a great train effort there CC. Assumed you would be great at orienteering

Took j and e to concert of local kids choir and theatre group. J sings in school choir so thought he would be entertained. He spent the whole time reading the bible stories book he bought with his pocket money (?! His idea but I didn't feel like I cold dissuade him really). E loved it though.
25/11/2012 at 21:44

This would probably be your local lot RF, unless there are any North of you http://www.invoc.org.uk/

As to me being great at Orienteering ... I'm a slow map-reader I think, good at knowing where I am and where to go to, but just takes me a while to put jigsaw together sometimes, way better when I've been doing it regularly. My friend who also does it, just seems to be able to scan map and go and not really ever get misplaced (bugger!!!) and beats me hands down every time, dispite being a slower runner. I think, if I can get good enough to do the longer courses (dream on) that would work in my favour as I have good stamina. I was cautious today cos I really messed up in the last bigger race because I ran too fast and missed stuff, so today I took longer, more certain routes to places. But as my non-competitive son (doesn't take after his mother obviously) pointed out to me today "but mummy, if you are enjoying it, that's the main thing isn't it?", whereas Scarlett is already trying to work out how to be faster - that's my girl!

That's just the sort of thing my J would do CM.

I made Orange Polenta cake yesterday, it's yummy, but am only person in house who likes it.

Noooooo Caro, nightmare!

Edited: 25/11/2012 at 21:46
25/11/2012 at 21:46
Saw a recipe for that cake in my cook book cc, I thought it looked yum!

I feel a bit like a walking time bomb........
25/11/2012 at 21:53

this was a Rose Prince recipe from the telegraph, last time I made it I didn't have polenta so used semolina and it was just as yummy, and I LOATH semolina in any form usually.

Right away to bed for me too

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.