Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,741 to 37,760 of 47,169 messages
26/11/2012 at 05:26

I'm envious of your orienteering CC - I think I would really enjoy that and I love that you can do it as a family with different levels etc!

Ooohhhh fingers crossed Caro - that would not be cool! I hope the puke fairies skip your house!

Conjunctvitus not the very contagious kind - she apparently has sinisitus and the snot/infection has gotten into her tear ducts so AB's and eye cream. She is fine otherwise so hoping no more eye gunk tomorrow and she will be off to daycare Wed! Will need an outing tomorrow though - can't cage my monkey up all day - she goes mad and is pretty grim to be around!!

EF hope you are feeling well xx

26/11/2012 at 14:49

No puking yet.......

26/11/2012 at 16:51
Keeping my fingers tightly crossed Caro.
26/11/2012 at 17:21

everything crossed Caro from me too!!

26/11/2012 at 20:35

It's very quiet on here! Hope you're not being sick Caro. Hopefully it has missed you!

Nothing much going on here. I had my first NCT refresher today which was good. The other ladies are all a few weeks on from me, but were all very nice.

Did a 4 mile run this evening, and was pleased to "beat" (I wasn't really trying) a teenage boy up the hill on the long walk. Still very slow though, but enjoyable.

I have my midwife appt tomorrow, my first since 16 weeks. Just keeping everything crossed that they don't make a big deal out of measuring bump sizes etc like last time...

Anyway, thought I'd pop in and say hi... how are you feeling EF?!

26/11/2012 at 21:29
No no not puking. Tired and in bed, M has been foul all afternoon so we basically did a lot of yelling at each other, which of course is pointless and I feel like a bad mummy. Roll on Friday!
26/11/2012 at 21:52

I think banana omelette sounds quite nice RF...

Fingers crossed for no puking, Caro, I hate that waiting feeling!

Hope appt goes well Anj, exciting to get an update on bump .

Sorry just skim-read so have probably missed bits.  Got out for a 5.5 mile run in the rain yesterday morning which was great, if windy!  And just been to Bodypump and shoulder held up pretty well although definitely weaker than other one.

I've been in a foul mood this evening - proper TOTM .  Stomped around snapping at hubby over everything (couldn't find Nicky's sock - this was clearly his fault...Soph's uniform left strewn all over the floor when she can wear it tomorrow etc)  and stomped off to the gym without saying goodbye.  Man I'm such a cow at this time of the month .  Came back, stomped around the kitchen making beef stroganoff and have since cheered up thankfully.  Poor hubby!

26/11/2012 at 21:54

I do nothing but yell at Lou Caro so I'm a bad mummy too.  Glad you're not puking though.

Good luck tomorow Anj.

Thank you for all the enquiries, I am ok!  Nauseous today but not sure if that was really anything to do with preg or if just a bit off colour.  I'm telling myself I won't have sickness until 6.5 weeks like the last times! Don't want to say I will have none or else I'll be sick with worry instead.  Still peeing on a stick every couple of days.  I like seeing it appear ever more quickly and ever darker!  I'm buying the super super cheap ones now though!

Survived THurs - Sat in London.  Those of you on FB saw my rather stressful trip down!  Never had a missed landing before - never mind 2 of them!!  Gulp.  Got to get flight tomorrow morning at 7.05 to Cardiff.  Cue 4.50am rise aaaaargh.  But at least that and the fact that I can get a flight back on Wed at 1955 means that I only have one night away.  The partners ' conference was actually really good.  Met loads of fellow partners, had a lovely dinner, was 100% sober but still dancing.  My lack of drinking was noted and commented on so a couple of partners in the Glasgow office have worked it out but don't think the head honcho clocked it.  A few others from Leeds mentioned that I wasn't a very good Scot because I kept refusing wine!

I hate conjunctivitis Hoggle.  Lou gets lots of eye infections and styes and it gives me the heeby jeebies.  Can't stand eyes.  It's the one thing that makes me want to pass out.  stick needles in myself or watch someone else extract blood - no problem.   Look at a close up of an eye - and it's good night!

CC the orienteering sounded great.  I used to do lots of Duke of Ed award but nowadays I'd be hopeless with a map.  I just seem to have lost any ability I used to have.  Scary that I used to be quite happy to be responsible for 6 15 yr olds at a time out on the hills all day.  Eek!

26/11/2012 at 21:56

bleugh to banana omelette from me too I'm afraid RF! 

And to drunken hubby.  Andy had 3 glasses of wine yesterday and fell asleep on the sofa when we got home.  He's such a lightweight!

26/11/2012 at 22:21

Another one who spends lots of time yelling at various people, mainly kids and then hubby when he's here too - no wonder he's hardly here!

missed landings, had them once on flight back from a ski holiday, I was OK but my friend was in absolute bits. Glad the sticks are still doing their thing!!!

I used to be the same with the Scouts/Explorer Scouts out on expos and day trips - miss it lots actually. My nav and map reading is good but have always been pretty bad at trying to do it while running so you lose lots of time if you have to slow to read. Not so bad on mountain marathons as there is much more distance between checkpoints so plenty of time to suss it out. When your orienteering course is 3 km long with say 13 checkpoints it's all a bit quick!!!

LOL at the fast walk Anj, hope check goes well and they don't go OTT with the tape measure for you.

Sounds good re the shoulder JG. I am AWFUL from post-ovulation through to arrival of TOTM, so that doesn't leave much time for being nice does it!!?

Apparently it's national reading week and so Richard Lochhead (SMP) appeared in our library to hand out books to unsuspecting members of the public and have their photo taken for the paper - guess who unwittingly got roped into that. My manager asked if I'd mind having my photo taken and before I knew it was having book thrust in hand and camera in my face, so me with manky jeans (with tumeric spread down front of them) and post-run unwashed body/hair look, accompanied by my daughter who was rolling around on library floor with her skirt around her waist and legs in the air. Can't even remember what mumbo jumbo I said in response to questions, which will be printed in local paper. Oh god.

26/11/2012 at 22:22

EF - my husband does that EVERY Friday night without fail.

26/11/2012 at 22:31
Oo we need a pic of that CC

Hope Cardiff treats you ok EF. I was there twice today - at 10am for E swimming and at 4.30 for J athletics. Glad you are feeling ok.
26/11/2012 at 22:37

st davids bay hotel cm so at least the hotel should be good. last time they upgradedme to a suite tho so i am preparing to be slightly disappointed!

cutting of paper to be scanned and posted cc!!

26/11/2012 at 23:07

oooh, hotel envy EF, can remember looking up hotels in Cardiff for a wedding we went to when I was pregnant with J (went to 4 weddings during that pregnancy!!) and liking the look of that ... sadly we ended up in a travelodge type thingy instead ... doesn't it have a spa? although obviously you are there working so none of that fun stuff!

27/11/2012 at 10:08
EF - glad everything going ok. We stayed at that hotel once too - when someone else was paying! Very nice views I remember, but maybe not if it continues pouring with rain!

Glad to hear there are other people who have bad parental yelling afternoons. It always makes me feel terrible, but once it starts it's so hard to get back to a good place. Rather remarkably Isabelle has been really pleasant over the last week or so - think we were all suffering from the lack of sleep - so we've been on a pretty even keel!

CC - mince pie pastry recipe:
200g plain flour
40g icing sugar
75g ground almonds
125g unsalted butter
1 egg
Combine all dry ingredients either in food processor, or rub butter in with fingers until like fine breadcrumbs, then slowly add egg until it comes together in a ball. Give it a squash together and then put in the fridge for about an hour. It's pretty well behaved pastry, but is quite short so you will need some extra flour to roll it out, and I usually do the rolling and let Isabelle help with the cutting. I use the scraps to roll out again but, like all pastry, it doesn't like too much handling, so again, probably best done by an adult! If I remember I keep a little bit of egg back for brushing the edges and tops, but otherwise I brush a bit of milk round the edges of the bottoms of the pies to help make a seal with the top. The recipe says to chill the pies again before putting them in the oven, but I don't. Cook at about 190 degrees C (fan oven) for 15-18 mins.

Right, my task for today is to get into the loft and see exactly what baby stuff is up there, and get it down! I also have lots of outgrown clothes to try and sort into relevant sizes and box up for E and the next baby - if it's a girl! What I really want to do is sit down with a cup of tea and read my book. Must be good, must be good!!
27/11/2012 at 10:10
Oh, and the mince pie pastry takes being rolled out quite thin - so you get a nice ratio of middle to pastry! - so I think I can usually get 24 pies out of one batch. (I made double the first time I made it this year and I think I made 48 so that should be right!)
27/11/2012 at 10:24
I will give that a go vixo......but I prefer the pastry to the middle!

I should be being good too, and cleaning bathrooms.......

Just had my 'baby' weighed. 9.5 kg!
27/11/2012 at 10:33
I think that's about what E weighs Caro! Will have to try and get her on our scales and see - she hasnt been weighed officially since she was about 8 weeks old.

I'm not being good yet, although have just put the bread on so not entirely slacking - remembered the butter just in time! Off upstairs now.
27/11/2012 at 11:14

How old is Eric now Caro? My J weighed that when he was about 9 months old ...

Well I've taught a pilates class (a non-paying one for two people!!) and am having a quck cuppa before heading out for a run, then am helping with Js class on a walk round town this afternoon before school run and swimming

Pastry recipe - thank you, will give it a go on Thursday (designated shorter run and baking day!!) .

House inspection due today so hopefully when I am out.

Right, best get productive too

And yes Vixo, behaviour and sleep definitely related, but also those dreaded developmental/growth spurts don't help either

27/11/2012 at 13:42

God, will have to check but I think my monster was 9kg a few weeks ago!

EF - just being nosey, will you be prepared if it is twins??  Feel free not to answer, don't want to tempt fate in any way.

I'm an awful yeller too if I'm tired JG and CC so that me yelling most of the time at the moment.

Aidan has had a week of antibiotics for his chest and has another 3 days worth, he had a fun time in Ireland with daddy though and I had a rest - he's a lot of work I have realised since his absence!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.