Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,761 to 37,780 of 46,364 messages
04/03/2013 at 15:12

Forgot to add to CM. We are here that weekend but probably got FIL here as his birthday on the friday. I have Reading half marathon on the Sunday. When are you staying?

04/03/2013 at 16:28

MM - we are going to stay with my friend in colerne on the saturday night, and probably head back home on sunday lunchtime, so that probably won't really work too well...

04/03/2013 at 16:38

You could pop by for a play with Sophie and the boys Sat morning? Stay for lunch? Boys have footie till 10.30 but we don't do much after that on Sats. Does that work?

04/03/2013 at 17:29
We have stuff on till 1 on a sat so aren't going over to wilts till after lunch. Thanks tho
04/03/2013 at 18:02

Amy MacDonald is fab, me and kids LOVE her in this house. Top Gear features quite highly in this house - hubby and J love it and I find it mildy entertaining at times - I do like watching the stars doing their circuit.

JG - sympathies on the hormones - I am pretty dreadful, although better if I get on the case with the Agnus Castus and the Vit B, evening primrose does absolutely NOTHING to help me. Sometimes it starts as soon as I ovulate, sometimes I get a bit longer before I become horrible.  Disappears as soon as TOTM arrives - thank goodness. But it sucks. Have warned hubby it will probably only get worse for the next few years now too!!

5 easy miles for me today - but oh god - it feels like SUCH hard work at the moment, like my body just doesn't want to play!! Hey ho. Ankle niggles but stretching it seems to help.  Squeezed in after speech therapy with S this morning and between dropping hubby at airport and the school pick-up. Lovely run though along sea front at Nairn, chilly wind by a nice bit of sun.

RF - we have jumps etc in our local woods, which the kids like playing on. Sounds fab so will definitely try and head up there ... and give you some warning as would great to meet up!

Well done MM - on that food consumption AND the training!

04/03/2013 at 18:38
Best news!!!! My friends baby had his liver transplant last night!!! He had a bleed on Sat and was in ICU so couldn't halve happened at a better time. He came through the operation well and she says he already looks healthier!
I'm so happy for them!
04/03/2013 at 19:13
Oh fabulous news Hoggle, what a huge relief for them + wonderful that he is looking much better already.
04/03/2013 at 19:17
Lovely news Hoggle. Fingers crossed that he pulls through this and completely recovers.
04/03/2013 at 19:43
Lovely news Hoggle. Great to hear! MM - didn't know you were doing reading half. I did it last year and loved it. Signed up again this year but not sure I'll do it now due to pregnancy. Training was going ok and I was running 11 miles a few weeks back but the chest bug and then sickness ha meant I've done nothing last 3-4 wks. Dunno what to do really. I'd only be 10 wks and maybe it's a bit risky if I'm not in peak fitness..... Hmmmmm. TBH - I'd kinda decided not to, but knowing you are makes me want to! (Not that I'd even be near your coat tails in terms of times!)

Glad you had a fab night out Caro and good to hear from you JG.
04/03/2013 at 19:54

Oh Hoggle, that's fantastic news, really fab ... fingers crossed etc

04/03/2013 at 19:58
Oh I hope he continues to do well hoggle. Fingers crossed.

Passed the oral . Was as stressful as expected. Lots of questions. The comment was "good use of emphasis but needs to watch her speed" - and I thought I had slowed right down! Imagine I'd gone at my usual rate!! Anyway that's me 2/3 qualified so just need to get through procedure/ethics and I'm a solicitor advocate. Not sure when that exam will be - it usually runs in nov only but so many of our class missed it that they may run an extra sitting in April or may. Hope so as I can't be bothered coming back off mat leave to do it!
04/03/2013 at 20:02
Hi JG.
Xpost JT. Yuck to smelly kit!

For those who saw fb post and are interested, the choc cake was gone today!!

Brookie I wldn't run. Esp if feeling lousy - you'll be in peak lousiness by then!! Sorry! X
04/03/2013 at 20:03

wow - hoggle, that's great news.

i have no idea who Amy Macdonald is. I have no idea about anything musically after about 1890, however... unless it happens to be Tuvan throat singers or jewish klezmer stuff.  i probably recognise a lot of stuff but never know who it is. i am just not interested! i don't even know who one direction are! know the name but have no idea about the music!

Anj - sorry to hear things are so tough. how long will he be out of action? have you any local family who can help out?

boak to the football stuff, JT. haha to the male teacher tho!

i am off to see the asthma nurse tomorrow about my peak flow. am not coughing at all now but then i'm not exercising at all. still driving everywhere - don't even think i could manage the half mile walk to school as it is uphill all the way back. don't know anything about peak flow at all - mine varies between 420 at night and first thing to about 520 during the day. i think those readings are quite good but am not sure. not sure if it's supposed to vary that much? anyway - am sure all will be revealed.  well, probably not until i can run again which will be ages. it's been 6 weeks since the original injury and 2.5 weeks since i retore it, and i still cannot walk normally...

04/03/2013 at 20:10
Boo to still injured so badly CM but lol at music. I do know who Amy Macdonald is but that's cos she's Scottish so i tend to pick up on that. Otherwise I'm firmly stuck in 1987-1997 being secondary and uni with a v small bit of 97-2007 thrown in. Post Louise I have virtually nothing other than take that and muse!
04/03/2013 at 20:26

wow EF - well done, I am a nightmare, speak waaaay too fast!

CM - well your peak flow is better than mine!! I actually think mine will never be in the 500s, is good when it's about 420, perhaps I have small lungs!!

JT - hope you've found a workout, LOL at the meltdown and  indeed to the footie kit!!

We were trying to discuss 'the future' today, and hubby oh so kindly pointed out that it's not helpful when he has me 'losing it down the phone at him about not being able to cope' ... I tried to explain that I just need to let off steam every now and again, as actually it's tough going, but his theory is that because he's a bloke, he just want to sort issues out and 'venting' doesn't really make sense!!!  At least he has finally decided to try and sort his job out (his endless drifting with no desire to do anything is big source of my meltdowns anyway!!), realistically I think it will mean moving but that is by no means done deal as he needs to sort a different job (either in or out of current company). Have said I would do an awful lot to stay put, but at the end of the day, single-parenting our style is not for the long-haul ... watch this space ... sigh ... not sure what to make of all this really any more!!!!

04/03/2013 at 20:32
yippee to transplant, passing exams and dry beds
boo to hormones, niggles, stinky kit and tough runs
long day at work with 130 miles of driving and then 2 tired boys to cajole into bed after their first footie session. am pooped!
04/03/2013 at 21:58
Blimey JT - wouldn't be happy about that. And CC - you handle so much on your own. I would have quite a bit of resentment in your situation. I am not patient at all

My readings are pretty much always 420 to 440 morning and night and up to 550 in the middle of the day. We will see what she says tomorrow!
04/03/2013 at 22:01

He had a bleed in his stomach over the weekend and was pretty touch and go which shot him to the top of the transplant list in NZ and Australia (shows how bad it got). I am so pleased that although it was really traumatic, it came through so quickly and saved them the agony of a long wait while he went progressively down hill. His colour had improved even before he had come round from surgery which is incredible!!! Next few days are critical so fingers firmly crossed!

Well done EF!!!!!!

CC - that is soooo tough. I know how much you love it up there so having to move away would eb a huge wrench. We have similar but different situation with hubbys job. He hates it and really needs to change career which will mean retraining etc. I'm all for anything that means he is happier in the long run as am SICK of copping it when he comes home in a bad mood AGAIN! Frustrating because not huge job opportunities here but such an awesome place to live so really don't want to have to move. He is also not good at talking about feelings!!

04/03/2013 at 22:06

My readings are always much lower than what they supposedly should be, but I mentioned it at my last check up and they basically said it's because I'm small, my lung vol is small and therefore vol/force of expiration will be small.  I guess it makes sense as I know from my scuba diving past that I always had way more air left than anyone else at the end of a dive, which made me a popular dive partner!

I only know who Amy Macdonald is because I listen to radio 2.  When I started uni in Glasgow she was 8, so I suspect probably not playing many gigs in our favourite bars and clubs!

Hoggle fingers crossed, that is such a major op for one so wee.

CC, I guess you both know moving is probably inevitable to stop the current sisuation, but hard when you all like it up there so much.

04/03/2013 at 22:26

Caro - that's kind of what I assumed with my PF readings! And yes, basically it's inevitable. Hubby says he'll retire back up here - but not quite prepared to plan for 15 years time yet!!

Not sure where I first heard Amy MacDonald - probably Radio 2

CM - hubby thinks I am very impatient - hah - but then he has head in sand most of time!

JT - I'd be really  about that

Camlo - boo to all those miles - long day for you

Right, tomorrows Pilates is planned (interspersed with posting on here!!) so I am away to bed with book

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.