Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,801 to 37,820 of 43,678 messages
01/01/2014 at 13:25

Oh and hi Chynah and Happy New Year!

01/01/2014 at 16:20

Foul weather here.  The air museum was a blessing as it killed a lot of time.  Then I did a 4 mile tempo run in the vile driving rain when we go home, and now feel very virtuous.

if poo nappy removal happens again then we will be trying Sellotape!  Can't change nap time due to school run and him not waking too late.  AAdmittedly over Xmas we've all been getting up later so I suspect once school resumes next wk and we're all up early again things will go back to normal.  He doesn't cry, he just silently removes his nappy then sits there!

01/01/2014 at 18:22

Happy new year! 

01/01/2014 at 19:53
2014 has got off to a good start. Majorly wild, windy and exposed walk in Pembrokeshire. And now I find out that the Beatles didn't sing "ground control to major tom". Omg. I have been living under a misapprehension for 30 years. Bloody stupid woman.
02/01/2014 at 08:33

Even I know David Bowie sang that, and I am not a Bowie fan!

02/01/2014 at 09:29

Apparently I thought that a lot of David Bowie's songs were the Beatles. Just goes to show how stupid I am!

yuck to poo-nappy removal caro. E first managed to remove a disposable nappy at 4 months. she just raked at the tabs with her fingers until they lifted; then she rolled and the nappy was gone. should have realised then that she was going to be a little monkey. i used to put reusable wraps over the top of her disposable at naptime (if she was in one). she didn't poo overnight (unless she was ill / teething).

02/01/2014 at 22:20

JT - the Usk was so high tonight. Looked like it was going to burst the bank in Caerleon and tide was still coming in!

i did a 7.56 mile tonight. I know that is slow for most of you but for me that ain't too shabby. Esp as quite blimpy at the mo. 

02/01/2014 at 22:35

Sounds fast to me CM 

I've just seen I got a mention in the local parkrun report for getting a New Year's Day pb by 2 seconds, making it my 5th pb in 8 races - feel quite important .  Unfortunately the photos of me are horrific and make me look an absolute blimp (which I am), plus the new Asics hat I've got does me no favours at all - like a swimming hat and just makes my face look really round...

02/01/2014 at 22:41

JG - you are a speedier blimp than you were. anyway I doubt we really are blimps. most of us look shite in running kit anyway!!

02/01/2014 at 23:50

Hope you stay dry JT and manage to get out with the boys! We went to the park with a friend this morning for a much needed run around for Matilda and chance to play with some other kids - by the way she attached herself to friends (adult) who came for dinner last night I think its fair to say she's sick of her parents!! She also told me she was thinking about one of her daycare teachers yesterday so will be thrilled to be back there next week!

I managed a second run, blimmin hard work I have to say!! Although less all over body pain so I was able to notice that my right leg has definitely got less strength in it than my left. I'm hoping its just muscle weakness from the nerve damage and will build up otherwise I'll be forever lopsided. It felt quite odd like that leg was more heavy and less responsive than the other.

Forgot to say in prev post - sis baby is Mae Evelyn and she looks very sweet. She has tongue tie like her sister but they are getting it fixed tomorrow so won't cause the level of nipple damage that Rose did. She seems a lot more settled than Rose as well apparently so hopefully she wont have reflux badly as well.

Camlo    pirate
02/01/2014 at 23:54

Eek to flood warnings, hope you all stay dry! We have a temperamental stream in the garden which has been known to inch into the garage before but hopefully the block wall hubby installed will keep it at bay. 

Looks like gales are going to turn into snow and more forecast, yuck, yuck, yuck,

Am totally jealous that people have already got out there this year, i am back at work and trying hard to keep on top of things so i dont get too stressed, hence although the running makes me happy i will have to keep work as my priority. 

Camlo    pirate
02/01/2014 at 23:57

Xposts hoggle, what a lovely name, glad tongue tie is being sorted. yippee to the runs, dont rush and it will be fine! 

03/01/2014 at 06:30
Hope the rain stops for you soon JT, we had a day of respite yesterday and went to Wisley then Alan took the kids to the playground in the afternoon. Such a relief to get them out of the house. Hope you get some calm before the baby comes too!

Well done JG, great to get pb's! And CM, I am pretty sure I couldn't do an 8 min mile at the mo!
03/01/2014 at 14:16
Yup Caerleon road was flooded! Police were there and had closed it. The Usk had flooded right over the bank. Should be ok getting home tonight as high tide isn't till 10. May not be able to get back out again!
03/01/2014 at 15:58
JT - happy little soles has a January sale on if you don't want to take them out - just measure feet with a tape measure and order! I seem to remember yours have either very narrow or wide feet (might be someone else though!), but the woman who runs the company is very good and gives great advice over the phone about which styles suit what kind of feet. I'm a total conve and hope enever to have to go back to clarks/start-rite shoes.

We've had odd weather here - intermittent really heavy rain mixed with sun, and very windy. We haven't been far - to a friends house round the corner for a play and lunch, and then back home!
03/01/2014 at 17:13
Thanks for reminding me about them Vixo, my big two suddenly have narrower feet and Clarks were not fitting as well as they used to!
03/01/2014 at 17:31

I rate them too!  Although Eric is currently in a second hand pair of geox and Matilda has about a million pairs of second hand shoes, but her school shoes are from them, and seem to be lasting......I refuse to look at their website because it will make me want to buy shoes they definitely don't need.

03/01/2014 at 18:47
Men eh?

Friends here tonight. Have helped evacuate them from their house before the high tide tonight. They are predicting a breach of the seawall tonight. T is their neighbour and is staying put. His choice. Glad I have the kids tonight or I would be fretting!!
03/01/2014 at 20:06

Golly CM - sounds bad where you are. Yes good job you have the kids. hope your friends house escapes. Bad all round by sounds of it. Lol to your hubby's approach to jobs JT. Sounds about right. Mr Brookie the same - chooses the most bizarre jobs to do to " help" when really changing a nappy would be far more use than sorting out the garage..... 

03/01/2014 at 20:48

One of the major flood warnings is for the Usk at Caerleon (where I live. Albeit a mile uphill from the river). The other major one is for the wentlooge levels where T and friend live. Quite ironic that I have evacuated friends from one flood zone to another (although we won't get flooded. But we might not get back out through the village!)

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.