Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,821 to 37,840 of 45,453 messages
29/11/2012 at 18:37
Sorry Sonya. I will stfu now

Home from Hemel in time for club. Just. And it is fffffffreeeeeezing out there!!!
29/11/2012 at 18:47

Think Lotte is starting her crazy run tonight ... so GOOD LUCK, hope it's not too icy.

Glad you made it CM.  I think we all understand/agree where you are coming from and why too. (())

Well my treadmill is apparently being delivered tomorrow rather than Monday, and even better, delivery time is a 2 hour window AND it's 9.30-11.30. Long run will have to wait 'til Sunday now, but yay, how excited am I ... although building it might be fun!!!

29/11/2012 at 19:04
I'd like a Cookie Monster toy please will gladly pay the postage. I'm sure Eric will like it...........maybe!

Good luck Lotte! Brrrrrr.
29/11/2012 at 20:04
((((CM)))) I know exactly where you are coming from having spent yrs as a single parent with eldest (and a mother who spends money like water). It is hard, it is scary and it is a huge responsibility but you are a great mum, you are a great worker and you are someone to be proud of. If you are ever stuck for childcare we will do a rota and you will have a succession of running mums schlepping in and out of your house!

Boo to irresponsible brothers, sickness, paying for oil (??605 for me this week) and running late.
Yippee to homemade mincemeat, mummies made of wine, lotte preparing for her mammoth run and new treadies!
Did manage a lovely 6 mile in about 55 mins earlier but roads were lethal with icy patches so hope lotte is safe.
29/11/2012 at 20:11
Oh gosh it freaks me put to think of money etc. keep going on at hubby that we should be saving for the girls futures but doesn't seem to think about things like that. In fact we don't save any money really. ??5 goes into C's trust & ??10 into R's a month ( still haven't increased C's to ten!) and ??10 into a bank account for M every month. It's better than nothing though I guess. I always worry if something happened to hubby how I would cope financially. We will still be paying of our mortgage when I retire probably! What a lovely thought! So CM I do totally understand your concerns as a single parent it mst be worrying but I guess we have to try and not dwell on these things too much or it will drive us nuts.
Oh best of luck Lotte
Yay to the treadmill delivery tomorrow CC, exciting times.
Dunno what a Cookie Monster toy is, must google it!!!
Hope you had a good club run CM.
chilly all day today, 1 degree, brrrrrrrr. Did 3.5 miles with bike trailer this morning and fingers were freezing.
Popped into see my friend that lives here that I sometimes run with. She dropped a major bombshell but its a total secret for a few weeks so I can't even tell hubby. Her in her husband and three boys are moving to NZ. Totally gutted and we both cried. I have cried more this afternoon thinking about it. I will miss them so much. It's just a tiny place here so to loose one good friend is awful. In face I think I will now have a wee baileys..................
29/11/2012 at 22:01
Oh RF. that is hard. My good friend is trying to sell up and move to west Wales which makes me v sad too and that is only 2 hrs away. Our kids have grown up together and she is the only woman I have ever really been close to

Well I am practising what I have preached now. Stomach been runny for 2 days. Went to club and nearly spewed and crapped myself. Got home and felt dreadful. Mot sure whether exertion of intervals or bug. So have drunk water and got into bed with nothing to eat. Stomach now rumbling and feel hungry but am planning on starving it tonight in case it is a bug.
29/11/2012 at 22:15
Hope it settles CM, have you got your iPad screen fixed or are you using it with a crack? I let Archie use ours yesterday because I felt sorry for him and we now have a scratch too.
Big hugs RF, guess with Skype and stuff it is easier to stay in touch but of course that is not the same as seeing people in the flesh is it? Well done on getting out with the bike trailer, you must have thighs of steel!
29/11/2012 at 22:39

Oh CM, sounds like a bug so bed and starvation for you my love!!  Hope it comes to nothing.

Second Camlo on the 'Running Mums' childcare scheme (even if I do live in Scotland!!), totally agree with the sentiment, AND what a fab mum you are.

RF to friend moving away, that's tough, and keeping a secret too.

I ran in long-sleeved thermal, gloves, hat etc and didn't remotely break into a sweat on my 6 miles.

29/11/2012 at 22:54
Caro- Cookie Monster is all yours! Fb message me your address.

Good luck lotte!!!

CC- only tough bit about putting my treadmill together was dragging it out of all the packaging, was easy as pie to put up, it helps when you're dead keen to get it working!

Rf- that's tough (())

Hope you feel better in the morning CM.

still feeling crappy here and baby on day 7 of not eating, poor munchkin. And she's crying again, going to be another long night!
29/11/2012 at 22:55
And just worked out what stfu means!
30/11/2012 at 08:10

yes, getting mine out of its packaging was the problem. assembly was easy. i am sure it runs too fast tho - 10kph kills me on there, but as i ran a 10k in 52mins, i don't think it's because i can't run at 10kph!

don't think i'll be doing any running today. woke up feeling bright and breezy after a good night's sleep and stomach was rumbling with hunger. have eaten two bits of dry toast and feel  again.

hope Rosie is ok, sonya. awful when they are poorly... and worse when they are babies because you have to give them milk as they usually won't drink much else and that just prolongs it (in my experience)

hope lotte is still ok this morning. seen on FB that she is doing well - sore hip flexor, but if that's all that's sore, she's doing a grand job!!

camlo - no my screen isn't fixed. am using it with a crack but not letting the kids use it at the moment. i now have insurance (4.99 a month) and it says you can't claim for the first 2 weeks, so i'm going to wait until after xmas and then claim on it. i know that's bad but ... hope you don't shop me in for insurance fraud!

30/11/2012 at 09:08
Ugh, not enough sleep last night. I was already awake for some reason, then E woke up about 3.15 and dint want to go back to sleep - but was only grizzling every few minutes so kept lulling us into a false sense of security. Husband got very ratty, I took her into the spare room where she poked me in the eyes and nose and 'chatted', and I think we eventually got to sleep some time after 5, before being woken by more chatting and eye poking at 7. Result - husband and I both very grumpy and suspect we'll not have a pleasant day. Time for a nice game of competitive tiredness which obviously always brings out the best in everyone!! (sadly it seems I don't get any extra points for being 37 weeks pregnant - it's physiological you know, not pathological, this pregnancy lark - oh the joys of being married to a doctor!)
30/11/2012 at 09:10
Sorry, very me, me, me!

CM - hope the voms stay away!

Sonya - hope Rosie better soon. E had the coughing til she was sick thing and it was hard work and she looked awful, although is now thankfully back to normal - if only she'd sleep!

I hadn't realised lotte was off on her epic journey, looking forward to hearing about it!
30/11/2012 at 09:16

oh god Vixo - not nice, the sleeplessness, the competitive tiredness AND a husband that clearly has an answer for everything!!! Can still remember being bone-weary tired at that stage when waiting for S to arrive, and I only had a toddler to contend with!!! Hope the day passes quickly ... any chance of a nap at some point?

CM - look after that tummy

I slept v badly too - no idea why as for once not stressing about anything ... tossed and turned until 3am and then dead to the world until 7am alarm ... bit bleary-eyed.

Not as bleary-eyed as Lotte though but she is storming it as expected  but I can't see all the postings I think so not sure if she's finished yet???

Edited: 30/11/2012 at 09:16
30/11/2012 at 09:18

tell him that when he can be 37 weeks pregnant and up half the night with a toddler, then you will have some truck with his view that it's physiological. sorry you feel so tired. i have often found that night-time wakings like that one are teeth-related with little ones. they are fine when they are with you in bed but as soon as you try and put them back in their bed, they scream the place down. then a couple of days later - out pops a tooth. am sure it has happened a handful of times with my 2.

i am waiting in for my oven. the site which tells me which slot i have today isn't working and i can pay 5p per minute to phone them and find out but frankly EVERYONE will be doing that today if their site is down and i don't really want to end up paying £10 to find out!

it is also so cold in the house, but that may be just me being slightly under par. time to don the duvet jacket while i type up audit findings.

30/11/2012 at 09:20
Snap Vixo - could have written your post word for word - already awake, m wakes in spare bed, her monkeying, finally asleep about 5 etc right down to the competitive tiredness!!
Go Lotte!!!!
30/11/2012 at 09:26

Fingers crossed this delivery company seem really good - rang yesterday to confirm today (even though I WAS told Monday) and then guy rang again this morning to confirm 9-10.30 slot ... we shall see.

Look forward to wrestling with the packaging ... but then if you'd seen me wrestling with this large plank of wood the other day when I was trying to make a bridge to cross the ford ... it weighed a ton and had some kind of rusted up trap on it that kept getting caught on things ... I did eventually see sense and decide not to cross said ford!!

30/11/2012 at 09:27

oh, and I have no heating on a my fingerless gloves and a coat CM ... I assume you have a hot water bottle though - they are ace if sitting still working.

30/11/2012 at 09:32

i haven't had any confirmation about my delivery. it said i would get a text but i haven't. of course it costs me to phone them to check and everyone will be on the line so it will cost a fortune. argh

no hot water bottle unfortunately. the kids have them but they have taken them to T's. don't know why he can't buy them hot water bottles tbh. save taking them back and forwards all the time!!

30/11/2012 at 10:44
CM - I think she has got some teeth coming through, so I gave her some ibuprofen before bed hoping that would do the trick - maybe add calpol as well tonight!! Hope the oven arrives, waiting for deliveries is rubbish.

Hoggle - hope your day goes ok!

CC - hope the treadmill turns up - will you be trying it straight away?!

I asked hubby for a new hot water bottle a few Christmases ago as old one had started to leak and cover was horrible. I thought I'd asked for a nice cashmere-y sort of a one, but instead got one with a fake fur cover from boots, which wasn't quite what I was hoping for, but turns out its sort of insulated fabric and it stays hot for ages, so despite looking a bit naff is easily washable and actually very useful! Did have to come downstairs and re-fill it in the early hours this morning for the transfer to the spare room though, as it was absolutely freezing in there!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.