Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,861 to 37,880 of 47,637 messages
01/12/2012 at 22:32
Hey tt. Hope u feeling better.
02/12/2012 at 01:28
Yes thanks EF, just totally exhausted. Camryn however threw up all over me + the living room floor about 10pm + she had bn fine all day, thought she was over it. Nat still lying in bed feeling sorry for herself. I have done all the dishes, washed + dried 4 loads of washing + put the bed back together. Worst tummy bug I have ever had, had to sit on the loo with a basin, spewing + pooing simultaneously. If u could call it poo, was really just pee coming out the wrong bit. Lost 3.5lb in one day tho, bonus!
02/12/2012 at 08:35
Hugs Brookie, being constantly ill will drag you down, glad your tabs help a bit.
TT bug sounds horrific and guess by time of your post you have been up in the night? Losing weight may appear consolation but I think I'll find a more pleasant way....
Xmas lists are growing. Archie wants a speedboat.
02/12/2012 at 09:55
Thanks Camlo.
TT - wow sounds grim. I had a similar bug this time last year - saw off the rest of the baby weight though!
Super frosty this morning. Looks like a winter Xmas card scene. Shame my hacking cough and achy body won't be out there running to enjoy it! Lost my voice totally as well after dragging myself out to entertain clients on Friday night. Hope it comes back by tomorrow or work could be interesting!

Putting up more Xmas decorations and lights today (tree done on 24th Nov - I was too excited!). I love love love Christmas!!
02/12/2012 at 16:00
Argh. I totally killed the thread!
02/12/2012 at 17:57
My husband was talking about how he'd been sick so much more since we moved to NZ. I pointed out that it prob has more to do with Matilda starting daycare!! So can feel your pain Brookie. Hope you are on the mend TT - sounds horrific!
Well we haven't got tree up or anything - forgot how unChristmassy NZ feels as its summer. First day of summer on Sat - went and tried paddle boarding (standing up on a surf board with a tall paddle). Loved it but not exactly willing to shell out $1000+ for board plus equip!!
Can hear M chattering away so best go find her!
02/12/2012 at 18:41

TT - that sounds a horror, hope you are all on the mend soon, not nice at all!

Brookie - yes it's pretty awful when they first start daycare. It DOES get better but takes a while, you have to build up immunity to other childrens germs besides your own!! Is never helped by the fact you are tired etc etc

No tree or advent calenders (naughty mummy!!) - that's my job to sort tomorrow (well the calenders anyway), that said, kids have obviously been far too busy to notice this weekend - phew!

So busy weekend all round - school Christmas fair yesterday so kids desperate to spend their pocket money on tat they have made and other peoples tat and I was helping in the kitchen (mince pies and tea/coffee for all). Hubby out for bike ride yesterday afternoon and gave me a huge scare when he got back - had a frozen arm which cramped up so needed to make sure he wasn't having a heart-attack!!!!  Then I got to finally see Skyfall last night with some other friends while hubby babysat. Sooooo glad I got to see it as I LOVED it, not least because Daniel Craig is HOT, but just thought it all was fab!

This morning 15 miles along the coastal path - blimmin freezing but beautiful and at least temperature froze all the sand.  All the Eider ducks are arriving and I love watching them bob around in Burghead harbour. Funny looking at my splits, used music this morning for a change ... The Best of The Eagles and Enigma kept my pace nice and steady, whereas Foo Fighters on the homeward leg really pumped it up so finished faster than started. So 43 miles this week and avg 8.5mm for the 15-miler, pretty flat route though ...

S had party this afternoon so rushing round getting her back from rugby and up to that and then hubby departed for airport while I was collecting her so feel I hardly saw him this weekend Home on Thurs eve this week though so that is better for all.

JG - great running pics on FB, nice to see where people do their running

Paddle boarding sounds fun H - ebay?

Treadmill is up and working too

Did you enter Lotte?

JT - hope all well with you - are you IMPROVING?????

Edited: 02/12/2012 at 18:42
02/12/2012 at 19:45

Had a great run in the sunshine this morning so felt I had to share the pics CC .  I go there most Sunday mornings if we're not doing something specific with the kids. I was undecided as to whether I was going this morning, but when I woke up and looked out of the window at the gorgeous sunshine I knew I had to!  Used Runtastic on my phone instead of Garmin for a change, but it kept losing the GPS signal so only logged 4 miles when I did about 5.5!  It was quite slow as I kept stopping for photos .  

I've decided my right hip is quite unstable and that's been affecting my back and knee on that side, so my main aim at the mo is not to let it collapse when I'm running rather than running fast.  Think I managed that this morning as that side feels a lot stiffer than the left side already, but not painful.  Fingers crossed.

And I weighed a little bit less this morning .

TT - poor you, I hate tummy bugs like that.  Hope it passes quickly.

CM - totally see where you're coming from re money, just make sure you do have enough to live off at the mo without stressing or burning yourself out.  We just have a CTF each for ours and don't contribute anything .  My mum puts in £10 a month though.

Had an Avon party last night which was good fun - I was very worried only 1 person was going to turn up but in the end 6 did which was a relief!  Shopping and tea at Meadowhall (shopping centre) on Wed - stupidly looking forward to it!

And fantastic running Lotte, really in awe of you!

Sorry been reading but forgotten everything.  I'm a Celebrity has finished so I will have to get a life again .

02/12/2012 at 20:09
I'm not sure posting on here constitutes getting a life JG!

Hoggle I tried paddle boarding in Corsica last yr, really enjoyed it, could balance fine and not fall in, but I was on a fairly wide one! Not sure i liked it enough to buy my own though.

Hubby's b day today so we walked to the next suburb and went to a nice pub for lunch. A couple of miles there and back in the sun, with m not moaning tooooooo much. She was an absolute pain yesterday, we had both had quite enough of her by bed time!

Wk ends are filling up quickly now till Xmas, school things, parties, etc. looking forward to it a lot!
02/12/2012 at 20:28
Oh dear TT that's totally grim. Sitting on the loo with a basin really is the pits. Huge hugs to you all feeling better very soon.
Yeah our weekends busy up until Christmas also Caro.
Hoggle- that sounds fun, I'm sure I would fall of lots!!!!
Brookie- hope u feel better soon also. Don't worry it does get better. I was the same going back to work, always unwell. Take a good multi vitamin and eat well. Glad the pills are helping. Your keen with the tree up so early! Ours will go up next weekend. Hubby did put some outside lights up today round the carport though. There's snow here so it feels rather festive!!!
Well done on the runs JG & CC.
Avon party sound good. I bought stuff for sisters birthday and MIL's Christmas.
Jst been down at SIL's and had two large glasses of wine so felt quite tipsy, now just tired!
-3 at the mo and very icy under the layer of snow.
16 miles on the bike this morning. 3 mile run this afternoon and a mile walk before that pulling child in sledge!!!!!
02/12/2012 at 22:01

Thanks CC!  Reading but not getting much time to post!  Film sounds great

TT - good to hear from you, sounds horrid, I've been hit with similar bugs before too, just the pits.  How is the boy you used to mind now?

RF - you are good!  Looking forward ot getting out again my self soon.

EF - hope you're still feeling sick if you know what I mean????!!!!!

Hoggle - you get the sickness quota when they do daycare, then they start pre-school and then there's the drama of school! 

Trying ot remember so much but failing! I am lots better, back to work tomorrow.  It was like someone flicked a switch mid last week.  Peak flow is still down, which given the amount of drugs I'm on is a little bit of a worry, but I have spirometry in a week or so and then the consultant 2nd Jan.  Hopefully this will kick everything back into touch!

02/12/2012 at 22:19

Great work RF. Sounds like a busy weekend.

Boo to the lurgies. Get well soon Tangy and Brookie.

Good job on the running CC. Busy weekend for you too. I did enter and place has been confirmed!! Yay ! so yes if you are free that weekend I may very well take you up on that offer of support. Hubby not over the moon but he'll come around. My inlaws were here this afternoon and the Glenmore 24 was mentioned, "24 thats not far for you" ! I didn't tell them it was hours not miles!!

Been trying to get on top of the Christmas shopping now that I don't have my run waste every thought on! Struggling to afford it. Sigh. Hard to explain why Santa can bring xboxes, 3D ds, laptops and ipads to some kids... but not ours.

Feeling pretty good today. Quads are fine and the toilet and stairs are no problem, but my hip flexor is still sore. Had a lie in until 7am when I was woken not by kids but hubbys alarm which he forgot to turn off, grr. I got up and made us a cuppa in bed then he let me lounge in bed while he did breakfast. Took me through breakfast in bed which was slightly ruined when Cameron managed to knock a huge glass of OJ over our bedroom carpet! Tonight I have done a 2 hour stint at the ironing board though so normal service resumed.

03/12/2012 at 01:44
JT- D is doing really well, back at school full time now + he is allowed to play football again. He still hasn't gained the weight he lost tho, mainly because he has no sense of smell since the accident which is affecting taste + appetite. He also has some memory problems which he has been referred to psychotherapist for. But overall he is doing fantastically well.
03/12/2012 at 02:03
Main reason I have not bn on here is that my Mum has bn in hospital for the last 9wks + I couldn't bare to even talk about it all as so angry. Can confirm 100% that Glasgow Royal Infirmary has returned to pre labour government standards again. Fortunately my Mum was moved to Forth Valley hospital after 4wks + it is much nicer place with staff who treat their patients like human beings. Same can't b said for Glasgow, not only were their nursing staff despicable but they left my Mum with serious infections due to their lack of care. Her rheumatology consultant had to send his physio along to the ward to help my Mum as the staff refused, and even after he came into the ward to speak directly to The nursing staff they still treated her like a dog. Disgusting!
03/12/2012 at 04:51
Wow TT that is shockingly outrageous!!! No wonder you are furious! How is she doing now? Big hugs - sounds like a very tough time xx
03/12/2012 at 07:04
Oh man TT. That sounds horrific. You must have been worried sick and quite rightly furious. (()) thinking of you. X
03/12/2012 at 08:10
Hopefully on the mend, finished 6 wk course of several mega antibiotics on Thurs, but now have to wait + see if they have worked. She was originally in having one of her old hip replacement's redone as the socket had turned around + hip was in danger of dislocating. However she had bad reaction after op, leg swelled up hugely, she needed 9 pints of blood over 2 days, she also reacts badly to morphine, which they know already, yet they took epidural out hrs after op + she ended up in agony for 2 days while they found painkillers that she could tolerate. Back in a min...
03/12/2012 at 08:13

Blimey TT, that's shocking, and horrific for you and the family. (())

03/12/2012 at 08:23
She has also been left with nerve damage + cannot feel knee so needs to wear a splint to keep leg straight so she can stand. Bearing all this in mind as well as fact that she has severe rheumatoid arthritis + psoriatic arthritis which she has suffered for 29yrs, so it has had it's toll on her body + left her severely disabled. The nurses refused to help her out of chair, into bed, on + off toilet, after being told by 2 physios + the OT that if they wouldn't help her then she was to stay in bed, they still made her get out of bed + left her sitting in a chair for hrs + stood + watched her struggle to get off a toilet. They then sent her home without the doctor even looking at her leg. She had to b blue lighted to Forth Valley hospital the following day as her leg had swollen up even more + she was in agony.
03/12/2012 at 08:34
Oh dear, boo to skint Santa Lotte, poor nursing TT (is there any way you could arrange a meeting with the ward sister to express your concerns once things have settled), and onslaught of germs.
Yippee to great running, especially in lovely views and frosty conditions, yippee to meeting friends, putting trees up, Getting back to school and work JT, Christmas parties and mince pies and lastly of course Daniel Craig....mmmmmmmmm.
Lotte LOL at thinking 24 was miles not hours! HOw long is each lap? I would be afraid of getting bored if the loops were too short?
CC great to see your mileage is building up again and you seem to be keeping speed so the ultras will be quicker this yr?? Or less painful? I really enjoyed the LDW event on Sat as people are far more relaxed when time is unimportant and you can chat, take in the views etc rather than be pushing all the time.
Table top sale at school yesterday yielded 2 science kits, 2 DS games, bike trousers and some colouring books for boys stockings all for ??25. heard a nice little ditty about what Santa brings too - something you want, something you need, something to wear and something to read. Sounds good to me!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.