Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,881 to 37,900 of 43,682 messages
09/01/2014 at 12:49

Thinking of JT and hoping to hear good news soon.

Aw CC that is so so sad Hope you ok and I am sure you are a great support to your friend. Texas sounds exciting to me but I can fully understand where you are coming from so hope hubby goes off the idea. My friend who is also my pilates teacher is heading off to Trindad for 2 years with her hubby and his work. She is currently going through her second attempt at ivf too.Hope it all works out for them. I will have to try and be more structured about doing pilates at home now!

At work and lots to do so need to get on. Had my first track session for about 8 weeks last night (400s), had a lump of Christmas cake for tea as couldn't be arsed to find anything better and then attempted a 10 miler this morning, One of the worst runs I think I have ever done! I have lost so much fitness over this 100 miler and injury!

Camlo - get those shoes laced up and out the door lady

09/01/2014 at 13:14
Woohoo, congrats JT and family! X
09/01/2014 at 13:21

Congratulations family JT!  

Now Sonya and TT let's see if you buck the trend by having a 3rd of a different sex to the first two

And yes, not a bad size.......better out the sunroof I think!

09/01/2014 at 13:24

I diot husband got caught speeding last friday when coming back from his folks with the kids whilst I was at work - 45 in a 30!!!  It was one of those stretches of road where it's countryside and 60 then there a few houses and it goes down to 30.  But he drives it all the time, and I'm sure the signs give plenty of warning.  Anyway there was a copper with a gun just inside the 30 zone.  I'm sure it's too high above the limit to be offered a speed course but I have written a pleading letter to essex police so we shall see what they say.

Dear Essex Police,
From my research into speeding I think my husband's speed was too much above the 30 mph limit for him to be invited to attend a speed awareness course instead of receiving a fixed penalty.
However, if there is any discretion allowed in determining the consequence of his excessive speed, I think he would benefit much more from attending a course than paying a fine and receiving points on his license. This is not because he regularly drives above the speed limit, but I do feel there are fairly frequent situations where he drives faster than I would consider safe for the conditions or road. As his wife, if I point this out to him I am ignored (despite the fact that I have been driving for many more years than him and have never had a speeding offence) but perhaps a day spent being reminded about speed safety and the reasons for speed limits would help reinforce the point I am trying to make and make him a safer driver.
I hope you are able to take this into consideration when deciding on the next course of action.
Kind regards,
09/01/2014 at 13:39

Woo hoo JT!  Congratulations!

Like the letter Caro - wonder if they will take it into account?

09/01/2014 at 13:48

Congratulations JT!!

lovely name and a good weight

hope all well.

good letter Caro, can't do any harm!

09/01/2014 at 14:05

JT - congratulations! and enjoy

caro - doubt they will. computer says 'no' type scenario.

09/01/2014 at 14:10

Congrats JT - and welcome to the world wee Dod

09/01/2014 at 14:23

I'm inclined to agree with you CM, so he will go on driving too fast thinking he knows best.  To be fair it's only his second time, but he'd just gone past the 5 yrs since the last points so we didn't have to mention them on the insurance anymore.  Also I genuinely believe he might listen if he's told by someone other than me! Ironically the course costs more than the fine (£90 v £60) but you don't get the points.  But yes, I read online that it's 10% of the speed limit +9 which in his case would be less than 42 mph and he was doing 45, to be offed the course.

09/01/2014 at 14:49

Wahoo JT, lovely news and wow what a biggun!  Can't wait to see some pictures of the little cutie. Am kind of hoping we can buck the trend and have a girl this time but suspect we're destined for more blue. In all honesty I'm a little scared of the idea if a girl so will be happy either way but mr TT would love a little girl. 

09/01/2014 at 15:25

whoop whoop JT, congratualtions. enjoy the new baby cuddle, ahhhhhhhhhh x

worth a try with the letter Caro. Men seem to think they can drive too fast, grrrrrrrrrrr so annoying!

So sad CC about your freinds son, cannot imagine the pain they will be suffering.

yes its the strathpuffer next weekend, yikes. And yes my friend and I are doing the mountain marathon although not entered yet or done any form of different training!!

09/01/2014 at 16:26

Congratulations JT!  Been popping on and off today to see if any news - must have just missed your post earlier.  Definitely a good size for 38 weeks, good cooking!   Welcome to the world George 

Grr to hubby Caro - does he know you've written the letter?  My hubby would never let me send a letter like that about him, although to be fair he's never been caught speeding and I've been caught once in 2000!  Speeding with kids in the car is pretty irresponsible though, I'd be fuming .

Camlo - have you got your butt out of the door yet? 

09/01/2014 at 16:54

cc - i really couldn't go to texas. i really didn't like it at all. i hated the fact that nothing was accessible on foot. you had to drive everywhere - and not short distances either. everything was so strung out.  to get across the road from the hotel to the supermarket, i had to call a cab as there were no footpaths and no way of crossing the road. it was hideous. and so hot too. i suppose you'd get used to it, but really i hated it.

09/01/2014 at 17:12

Well done JT!!

09/01/2014 at 18:21

Woohoo. Congratulations JT well done you. Hope you are all well and looking forward to seeing pics!

Fingers crossed for MTB CC. I really hope you get in. Re the Texas thing, well I would be up for going I think but only if it was a set time limit, a year or at a push two. I would not sell my house and I would always want to come home again. I guess I just feel that there is so much of the world to see and so much to experience and sometimes I wish I had done more. I did live in Warwickshire for 3 years at uni and worked for 6 months in NZ and 6 months in Edinburgh but that's it. There is so much out there to see and explore and I think I only appreciated that once it was too late to do much about it. Hopefully when the kids grow up we can make up for it, not that I am wishing away their childhood. I would like to sit down with my grandkids and recount tales of where I'd been and all the experiences I'd had, not just, well I spent all my life working in a job I don't love and ferrying kids from a to b day in day out and losing touch with what really matters. I'm not saying this is where I am at the moment but sometimes I do wonder if I am that far from the scenario! Haha you can tell I haven't adjusted to the back to work thing very well. I am happy in my life but I am not a lover of routine! Its not something I could do now, our kids are getting to the age when they need to be settled and make subject choices, exams etc... or do they. Sometimes I wish they could just be free spirits and not get bogged down with all the boring stuff. But then at their age all they want is to be like everyone else and so the cycle continues! When we just had the older three I tried to persuade hubby to take a year out and go travel Canada in a RV but he wouldn't !

Anyhow what a ramble that was, I don't think you not wanting to go has anything to do with being selfish or lazy and I think if I were you I would want to stay put!

Oh crap hubby just arrived home with Reece and Emily and I haven't got the tea ready yet!

09/01/2014 at 20:29

Congratulations JT!! I hope the midwife was suitably bashful about the early c-sec comment when she saw his weight!! Hope you are recovering well.

Lotte you will be entertaining your Grandkids with all your tales of crazy races run all over the place!! They are often far more impressive than a load tourist stories!!

CC I don't think you are being selfish either. I sometimes feel guilty about moving hubby to the other side of the world but he was a willing participant in that (and always knew from when we met that it was likely).

Friday morning-itus here! I have been working hard all week - am actually quite impressed with my first week back motivation considering there is no one here to see whether I am skiving off with a book and my email/phone is very quiet as many are still on holiday. Suspect I will do some skiving off today though as its glorious outside!

Managed to contact our house owner yesterday (bypassed the barst**d property management company) and she is not in a massive hurry to sell the house and is keen for us to have a rolling 4 week contract which is great. Means that when hubby gets a job if we were able to find a house to buy we could move straight there (obviously it could sell fast in which case we have to move but we'd be no worse off than we are now). I'm also going to pitch for lower rent as we are in the stronger position - she'll never get new tenants in now so better less money from us than no money I reckon!! Now just need hubby to get a job - FINGERS CROSSED and many positive job vibes our way please!!!

Did the daycare walk today and noticed on the massive hill that I'm definitely starting to feel fitter - yay!

09/01/2014 at 23:21

comgratulations JT!! Great news. And wee George is 3 month to the day ( and almost to the same time!) younger than Isaac. Hope you are both home soon. 

Just a quickie to say sorry to hear the sad news about relatives and friends with illness and bereavements. Tough times. Was smiling at Caro's speeding hubby tho! 

10/01/2014 at 09:33

Just popping in to say congrats to JT - bit of a whopper, bet you're glad he came out the emergency exit!

Hi to everyone else - I do keep up but rarely post so good to know what's going on with you all

Happy New Year!

10/01/2014 at 11:16
Popping out of the woodwork to say many congrats to JT and welcome to baby George!

Only just discovered TT and Sonya's pregnancy news too so congrats to you ladies too. More babies - how lovely!

Hope everybody had good Christmases and is enjoying 2014. Personally, I'm hating January - it can't be over soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

Happy running everyone
10/01/2014 at 12:24

hi Minks!

i'm not much enjoying january either, Karen...

i have had the form through from the hospital for my assessment and I have to fill in next of kin (under Mental Health Act, there is a hierarchy for this). when i look at the hierarchy, it is husband / wife / civil partner (don't have one of those); then kids (but they are minors); then ... parents. When I saw that, I wanted to cry. I can't put my parents on the form. I just can't.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.