Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,921 to 37,940 of 47,181 messages
05/12/2012 at 08:55
Just been out for book group Christmas dinner - started to feel rough towards end and was violently sick in carpark (felt like a drunken student - without the drink bit sadly). Feel awful and am supposed to be doing a trip away tomorrow with 5 hrs driving - hope I improve quickly!
05/12/2012 at 09:45

Oh no Hoggle, hope you do feel better soon - seems to be a lot of sickness around at the moment, feel as though we're sitting on a timebomb waiting for it to reach our household!

CC - your pilates sounds as though it's going really well, good for you!

Agh forgotten what I've just read!

05/12/2012 at 10:55

oh dear, hoggle. so much around

Brookie - spiteful is definitely the wrong word to use. i had HUGE problems with J (now 6) when he was 2. we actually ended up having to move him out of a nursery he was in because of his behaviour. he was literally getting ASBOs every day! we had to sign an incident form for at least once incident each day where he had bitten another child - always without provocation. in the end, i made the decision to take unpaid leave and remove him from the setting. i eventually found somewhere else to put him and he was fine. he had always been a biter and continued to bite randomly - but it was always provoked. not that that excuses it in any way. but there was always a situation which led to the biting (usually someone taking something he wanted). by the time he was 3 he had completely stopped. like lotte said, i felt like i couldn't take him anywhere. i was literally hovering over him at toddler groups and avoided certain settings. it was so embarrassing too as he always left  big huge marks on the other kids. i would have taken a hitter, a hair puller or a pusher ANY DAY over a biter! it was such a stressful period and i thought i had bred a monster. now, however, he is the sweetest boy. still VERY exuberant and excitable and prone to over-reactions, but he doesn't bite any more. they DO grow out of it - inspite of what you fear at the time. and consistency in the approach to dealing with it - lots of attention for the one who got bitten, time-out for the biter, and then huge amounts of over-praise for every insignificant little thing that the child does right. i went totally over the top with praising J for everything for about a year.

05/12/2012 at 10:58

EF - glad you are still feeling nauseous (in a way) but let's hope you don't join Kate in the HG stakes!

hope those of you with decent amounts of snow can enjoy it. it's just cold and dry here today

TT - sounds so awful about your mum. cannot comprehend how that sort of thing can go on in our system today. you would think someone somewhere would spot it and stamp it out. i do hope she continues to improve now. hugs to you x

anj - markets sound lovely. impressed you are still running

lotte - tut tut to your running. but then you won't ever really rest, and we all know that

cc - wish you were closer and then you could come and nag me to do pilates!

i have done quite a few miles this week (for me). but in the night i was woken by the most horrendous ear ache. literally felt like my ear was going to explode. in the end i dug out some codeine i had been given for my MC (i can't take brufen or equivalent as it makes me sick). 2 of those calmed it down within a couple of hours and it's not feeling so bad now. but i am hot / cold and aching with a sore throat and sore chest, so i am guessing i have yet another viral infection. ARGH!!!

see on FB that MM is feeling dodgy again. there is just so much around.

Edited: 05/12/2012 at 10:59
05/12/2012 at 11:38
Hoggle - hope you're feeling better.

CM - hope the ear gets better! If you start to feel really unwell with it it might be worth seeing the gp because I think antibiotics are supposed to shorten the length of a bacterial infection by a day or two - which is a long time with a sore ear!

I am joining the realms of the unwell - have been up all night with diarrhoea! Lost track of how many times, but fingers crossed things seem to have settled now. I was sick once early on in the night but not again, thank goodness. Husband has taken the children to nursery/school and I had already arranged a friend to pick up I this afternoon as I'm supposed to have a midwife appointment, and he will get back to pick up E so hopefully I'll be feeling better by the time they're all back here! Rather annoyingly I'm supposed to be going out tonight with everyone from work for our senior team dinner which I'm obviously not going to make. I didn't properly say good bye to anyone as assumed I'd see them all tonight - oh well, best laid plans and all that!

CC - which treadmill have you got? Am seriously considering one as an option for some daytime running when I can't leave the house. It could easily go in the garage with a radio/old tv for distraction!
05/12/2012 at 11:44

oh vixo - not again? unless it is the start of things??

05/12/2012 at 12:04
CM - a bug I think. Have heard tell of people having a 'good clearout' before labour starting, but I think 15+ times overnight would be a bit excessive! Would be quite pleased to get the baby out though - maybe in a few days when I'm feeling better!

Have just heard on the news that a couple of prank callers from Australia managed to get info from a nurse about Kate's condition in hospital - how very bizarre. Apparently they pretended to be the Queen and Prince Charles - They surely must have passwords/security in place at the posh private hospital?!
05/12/2012 at 13:55

That's a shocker!!!  You would have thought! Oh boo Vixo that's horrid!  And so frustrating about your dinner...  I've had gastro issues with both boys when they were about 10 days old, not sure if it's a horrid coincidence or hormones, maybe it's a boy

CM - hope the ear is better, not what you need at this time of year...

Hoggle - hope you're ok...

Anj - we keep saying we must do that.  One day!

Well I've survived a week back!  And even managed to swap my Wednesday morning to Friday so I can go to Ted's Christmas Concert, wasn't sure that would happen and felt REALLY cheeky asking!

Peak flow may be on the up, spirometry next week so that will be interesting.  Consultant 2nd Jan.  Need to go to GP to review meds in next week or so, do you think they'll give me the Spirometry results with a view to making sure I'm on the right meds?  I suppose I can only ask.

Just had an argument with Waterstones.  They sent my order minus house number so it is now lost in the post.  None of the books are now available.  Aaggghhh!!!!

05/12/2012 at 17:55
Feeling better this am thankfully! Just a bit wobbly! Going to cancel one meeting so don't need to be there til 5pm so will drop M at daycare and have a bit more sleep then can take the drive nice and easy with plenty of stop. Listening to an excellent audio book so that will help! Logistics of reorganizing meetings and child care before Xmas are hideous so would rather just go.
Vixo I hope you are feeling better - sounds grim!
Jt glad return to work went well - grrrrr to Waterstones - useless!
Forgotten what else sorry!
05/12/2012 at 17:55
Oh - cm hope ear improves and duplo part found!
05/12/2012 at 21:10
Boo to more bugs, voms, ears, diarrhoea....bleugh!, hoovering duplo, missing books, long journeys and juggling work.
Yippee to more parties, , Xmas markets and swapping days JT.
really hope you feel ok Vixo x
Busy few days, wrote all my xmas cards, swapped offices at work and took junior running club tonight as well as squeezing in an icy 4 miler. was doing jumping drills with the juniors but I could barely do any without any knee pain! Oops.
Still no idea what to get boys off Santa.....
05/12/2012 at 21:40

Boo hoo to all the voms and the earache. Like CM I feel we are sitting on a timebomb re the bugs.

Vixo - it's a Branx one I got off Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007VODZ28/ref=asc_df_B007VODZ2810887618?smid=A3AK1M7ZNHOS4V&tag=hydra0b-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeAS

Jumping drills sound like a bad idea Camlo!! Well done on the icy run though - good workout for the quads to stay upright I reckon?

Decided on rest day for me today, legs not used to consecutive longer runs after 15 Sun/ 10 Mon and then 5 yesterday. Hoping for a longer one tomorrow but need to workout where I can run 18ish miles without landing on my ars*. -5 here at the mo so guessing it will be colder up the road - always warmer by the seaside

Two ladies for my pilates tonight - one is brand new and up for classes in the new year and has two other people for me, the other lady is coming round to the idea ... so fingers crossed I should have two classes with 4-5 in each - I kind of reckon if I can get people to come during the dark winter months then that's a good start.

J had a lego set on his list - looked it up £59, anyway, Tescos vouchers £10 for every £5 so effectively £30 and no real money as was vouchers.

Bu**er to Waterstones JT, good news re the lungs though. Soooo pleased you are starting to feel better.

Um can't remember anything else. Worked today, last week boss asked me to work an extra hour today, then decided today that she'd messed up and didn't need me after all = bah!!

IN=B007VODZ28&hvpos=1o2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1542114009158147164&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=

05/12/2012 at 21:41

Boo hoo to all the voms and the earache. Like CM I feel we are sitting on a timebomb re the bugs.

Vixo - it's a Branx one I got off Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007VODZ28/ref=asc_df_B007VODZ2810887618?smid=A3AK1M7ZNHOS4V&tag=hydra0b-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B007VODZ28&hvpos=1o2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1542114009158147164&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=

Jumping drills sound like a bad idea Camlo!! Well done on the icy run though - good workout for the quads to stay upright I reckon?

Decided on rest day for me today, legs not used to consecutive longer runs after 15 Sun/ 10 Mon and then 5 yesterday. Hoping for a longer one tomorrow but need to workout where I can run 18ish miles without landing on my ars*. -5 here at the mo so guessing it will be colder up the road - always warmer by the seaside

Two ladies for my pilates tonight - one is brand new and up for classes in the new year and has two other people for me, the other lady is coming round to the idea ... so fingers crossed I should have two classes with 4-5 in each - I kind of reckon if I can get people to come during the dark winter months then that's a good start.

J had a lego set on his list - looked it up £59, anyway, Tescos vouchers £10 for every £5 so effectively £30 and no real money as was vouchers.

Bu**er to Waterstones JT, good news re the lungs though. Soooo pleased you are starting to feel better.

Um can't remember anything else. Worked today, last week boss asked me to work an extra hour today, then decided today that she'd messed up and didn't need me after all = bah!!

05/12/2012 at 23:31

Ooh gremlins CC!  Boo to disorganised boss!

I'm in a quandary about work - been asked to work Wednesday mornings on top of Tuesdays and Thursdays as they need someone to cover a class until the end of the academic year.  I have actually emailed to say I'm really sorry I have no childcare but since then MIL has said they can have Nicky an extra morning if I want to do it.  So now I've got strong desire to earn more and get more experience in a job I enjoy vs massive guilt at leaving Nicky for an extra morning - means changing our routine and alternating swimming and playgroup on a Monday instead of pg on Mon and swimming on Wed, and just not being there for him.  Not had this guilt with him before - he's so happy with grandparents that I've not worried at all.  Need to make a decision tomorrow I guess, if they haven't got someone to fill in already (which I doubt).  Extra £250 a month potentially...feel torn in two!!

06/12/2012 at 09:22

JG - fwiw, i would go for the job. it's only a morning and you have childcare which you are happy with, and it's not like leaving him in a nursery or anything. and he can still go there if he's under the weather, which he can't if it's nursery etc. i am so glad that i have been able to maintain my career - even though it has been hard with all the travel etc. i have marked time rather than progressing and i won't progress any further now, but at least it is there. and it has been a life saver for me in my situation because without it, i wouldn't have been able to leave T as i would have been dependent on him financially and that would never have worked. not that i am saying you should work to make sure that you have some form of income in case you split up from your hubby. but you literally do NEVER know what is round the corner. and i guess my mindset is such that i need to feel that i am secure and safe. anyway - i think 2.5 days a week is a perfect amount of time to work, especially in something you love.

06/12/2012 at 09:53

I agree JG - if you say no now, they may not ask you again.........

Megga snots here with the wee ones - Eric was crying a lot in the night so I gave him big cuddles - and a dose of calcold!  Sorted him out, and surprise surprise he's not nearly so snotty today.  Wonderful stuff, but sadly I think it has gone the way of medised and you cant get it anymore, so I shall be eeking out my last 1/3 of a bottle.

06/12/2012 at 10:17

i thought you could still get medised etc - just for older kids. 6+? so you may need to invent an older child to get it for?

06/12/2012 at 10:25

Ahhhhhhhhh sorry ladies just need to rant!!!

Just finished the most intense meeting I have ever been part of. It's with a club that I have had a lot of problems with (a group has broken away to form a new club, bullying committee etc etc. SO I had to raise some fairly challenging issues with them anyway but got thrown a major curve ball just before hand when the breakaway club formally asked me to highlight an acusation of cyber bullying by a child in one club to another club. They are threatening the police! Doesn't help that the girl doing the bullying is the vice president and admin officers daughter. There was shouting (at me) tears etc etc!!!! Managed to keep a calm exterior while freaking out inside!!!  think I handled it ok and am grateful to have a manager who doesn't mind being phoned at 10.30pm so I could offload! But holy f*** the situation has got so incredibly messed up!!

Sorry totally me me me!!  But stuck in a hotel room on my own playing the situation over in me head gah!!

Luckily the puke bug seems to have been short-lived!

06/12/2012 at 11:06

Sounds mad Hoggle!  Hope you get some sleep.

CM I dont think you can get them at all, regardless of how old your invented child is!  When I bought the calcold I got it from tesco and asked for medised and they said no, dont have any but we have calcold instead and it's the same.

06/12/2012 at 11:34

medised is still available according to google

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.