Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

37,961 to 37,980 of 47,178 messages
06/12/2012 at 19:33
One more week tt. Going quietly crazy! And norovirus all around at school and rainbows so just waiting for that to hit too!
06/12/2012 at 19:44

How many weeks will you be then?  Keep dosing up on the multivits and hopefully you'll avoid the lurgy.  Those first weeks go by sooo sloooowly don't they?

Am now 29 weeks here (I think Anj is very close in dates too).  Little one is quite a fidget.  As I am so short (5ft), I look huge.  The guy next to me on the plane 2 weeks ago asked if I was likely to give birth on the flight and people are astonished when I say I have 3 months left.  There is nowhere else for him to go though other than OUT!

06/12/2012 at 20:22
Tee hee. I'm huge and I'm 6 weeks tomorrow!!! It is a combo of bloating from drugs, eating too much esp now I'm feeling crap and doing zero exercise. Oh well, if this works out then the next time I lose weight and get super fit it is forever

Glad u r well. Can't believe 29 wks already! Hope this goes a bit faster once I get past all the scary scans.
06/12/2012 at 21:21

Surely paracetamol is paracetamol is paracetamol.  Same goes for ibuprofen.  If it's the same no of mg it doesn't matter if it's tesco value, or the expensive stuff.  (says the one who always buys cheap as chips own crand stuff and find it works perfectly.) The actual drug is a mollecule that surely must be the same.......

Eric has really got a full blown horried cold, really gunky eyes, felt warm this evening.  He has gone to bed with another dose of calcold, which is exactly the same as medised.  Should really get some more before I run out!  The dose for a 6 yr old is 5ml so I gave him half.  If he wakes up in the night he can have some ibuprofen as a top up, poor boy.

Got 2 friends without their mummies coming over tomorrow after school - what have I done??  Plan is to make their own pizzas then watch some telly or something.  

06/12/2012 at 21:42

30 weeks tomorrow TT. I feel huge and uncomfortable too, especially in the evenings. I think the first 20 weeks drag a bit, when it is all a bit uncertain and you don't show, and the 2nd half seems to go quicker. Not long til the scan now EF and I'll join you in a quest to get superfit again once they are born. One thing I am pleased about is not being pregnant at the same time as Princess Kate. Sure she will be in lovely elegant maternity dresses sporting a lovely neat bump!! 

I have one of L's friends over every other Thursday, she goes there on alternate Thurs. I find it easier to look after 2 as they kind of amuse each other, although L's friend is a boy so he gets bored as most of her toys are girly toys. I do lots of colouring, cake decorating and cutting and sticking. And TV when all else fails!!

Boo to all the illnesses. So much going round. We have a kiddies Christmas party on Sunday, we have hired a hall and bouncy castle and we are all bringing food and games etc. However, 3 of the kids and their Mum have gone down with diorreah and vomiting and 1 has tonsillitis... I hope it is still on. We are supposed to be going out for our Mums night out on Saturday too, so I hope that is still on.

Can't remember much else, and it's at the top of the page....bless the kittens CM, they look so sweet on FB.

Home made sausage rolls. Hmm, I might give them a go. I think I did them a while ago and they were tasty. Might be an idea for packed lunches.

Off to bed now, in a bit of a strop with hubby as he was supposed to put a curtain pole up in our lounge and basically did, but in the worst humour ever. I might as well have done it myself... need to get those hook thingies to hang the curtains tomorrow though so still no blooming curtains. Good job we are down a country lane and not overlooked in anyway!

06/12/2012 at 21:49
EF - it must feel like forever. I know how I've felt each time and it must be 10 times worse in your shoes. Hope the next week isn't too awful, and the scan brings good news - all fingers crossed.

I've never heard that about drugs either, and I agree with Caro that I'm not really sure it makes sense. I think it's just clever marketing that explains the price of all the over the counter stuff - and that people are gullible enough to believe that one brand of ibuprofen 'goes straight to the source of pain'! The price of all the prescription only drugs drop dramatically when they come off patent as they otherwise wouldn't compete at all with the generics which can then be produced. I always buy the cheapest I can find - 19p I think for paracetamol, and about 39p for ibuprofen!

Must try and find some of that calcold, E had an absolutely streaming nose this evening. Will send hubby to sainsburys after he drops Isabelle at school tomorrow as we've also run out of cat food (not quite sure how I let that happen, but there isn't any left at all - oops!)

TT - I've had the opposite - people very surprised when I say there are only 2 weeks until my due date! Mind you, I haven't previously managed to produce very big babies so I'm sure that helps - Lotte's two were born the day before Isabelle, and were both bigger than her! My first was 5lb 12oz, second was 6lb 10oz, so I'm wondering what we're heading for this time - smaller or bigger?!
06/12/2012 at 22:10
Caro - medised used to be the same dosage as calpol, but that's changed recently too!

When Archie had bronchiolitis I said to the gp in ooh that if it had been the old days I'd probably have given him medised (he would,have been just under the 12 weeks so I didn't dare given the unlicensed and under age!) and the gp responded that sometimes the old ways were the best, but "don't quote me on that"
06/12/2012 at 22:17
Mine were positive monsters at 6.13 and 7.7 in comparison to yours vixo!

Don't rate your chances on the calcold. Had a look on line and when you actually click on the shops they all ay out of stock and I found one site that said discontinued July 2012. There appears to be something called benylin night cough 6+ which also contains diphenhydramine but at a slightly lower concentration than calcold/medised and it also contains levomentol, but no paracetamol, so you could prob give it plus some calpol. But again you need to invent the fictitious 6 yr old.....
07/12/2012 at 07:06
Surely 500mg of paracetamol is just that, can't be better or worse sorts??

Vigo hope you don't have too long to wait although with two others to manage you don't get much chance to dwell on it, perhaps you will have a winter solstice baby to match my summer solstice baby, not sure where those six months have gone...

JT hope your health continues to improve. After my post the other day I realised I'm calling Clenil by a different name and I've only just managed to stop calling it Becotide which is what it was called when my brother was a kid!

Pretty glad I didn't agree to lend my brother money as his social life is still rolling on!

I have lost my voice, if I am ever fit I might get to run some time soon! Happily I am not having to worry about my weight, having 3 kids has left me weighing less than before!
07/12/2012 at 08:20

I used to lie to get the Medised, they either knew and didn't care, or I am a good liar!!

07/12/2012 at 09:25

Can't believe you are full term already Vixo! Fastest pregnancy in history!! So exciting. Lol Isabelle was a wee toot, yes my twins were 6lb11 and 7lb1 at 37 weeks.

Kinsey, good about the weight. Hope you manage to get back out running soon. Hope your brother is ok but sounds like you were right not to bale him out.

CC since you asked... ! 3 miles tues, 4 on wed, 5 yesterday and 7 this morning. Pishing rain and howling wind today. Nothin sore just feel weak which is to be expected.

I'm sure we are going to get chicken pox for Christmas. It is rife around here. Last week a wee boy was sent home from the twins nursery as the spots were popping out before their eyes! Other 4 have all had it so guess its better to get it over with really.

07/12/2012 at 09:34
Lotte hope you get the pox over and done with by Christmas if they do get it.

Aidan is doing a fab job with potty training this week, no accidents for the last 2 days!
07/12/2012 at 11:34
Hurrah Kinsey! I still call it Becotide too think it's only the last five years,or so it disappeared. I got told how old I was when I started talking,about dischalers!

Lotte - get the lavender oil in...

Just waiting for physio. Acupuncture today, last time I ached badly after the first go, not looking forward to it!
07/12/2012 at 13:00

Keep taking it easy for a bit longer Lotte!

I agree about the paracetamol all being the same, although you do feel when buying the cheapo stuff that it is somehow inferior!

My two have still not had the pox, beginning to wonder if Sophie is immune or something although as far as I know she hasn't been directly exposed to anyone with it.  I keep thinking how healthy we've all been for quite a while now, apart from the odd sniffle - really hope we stay healthy until after our New Year's Eve holiday!  Probably just cursed it...

Well done Aidan!  I keep talking about it all with Nicky but he just refuses to sit on the potty (or even let me take his nappy off!) so I am just going to wait until he shows some interest.  He'll probably be as awkward as his sister about it .  How old is Aidan now?

Hoping for 5th nap of the week in a minute (Nicky, not me!) - he had a good week and a half of point blank refusing to even go upstairs, then on Monday he looked so tired that I thought I'd suggest it, and he agreed!  2 year olds eh...

We're having a family photo shoot tomorrow morning - my birthday present - so I hope everyone wakes up cheerful...had to wake both kids up this morning and it was a right rush to get to school!

And Pulp concert tomorrow night 

07/12/2012 at 13:01

Oh and EF hope this week flies for you - I remember all too well how the days drag and in your situation it must be ten times as bad.

07/12/2012 at 14:37
JG - Aidan was 3 in Oct, we tried in the summer and he was peeing about every 20 min JG but recently he started doing bedtime wees on the potty and started doing poos too so he is already doing better than Martha, hope Nicky is easier too!
07/12/2012 at 17:54

For some reason I was thinking that Aidan was younger than Max, so was relieved to hear he is a bit older.  We gave up on the potty training when we went back to UK and haven't really got back into it but will have to make an effort over the next few weeks.  They like them to be trained by the time they are 3 when they go up to next class in nursery.

I think I've said before on here but they immunise against chicken pox here, is a prerequisite for nursery/school.  Hope your 2 can get it out of the way quickly if they do succumb, Lotte.

JG, I hope you were being tongue in cheek when you said for Lotte to 'keep taking it easy'!  I've never run those mileages even when 'training' for an event!  Haha.  I'm such a fraud for being on this forum

Vixo, not sure if I have seen pictures of you on FB but I picture you as tall and elegant so not surprised you are not showing too much.  Yes, world's shortest pregnancy but how far along were you when you 'fessed up on here?  Unlike me who probably blurted as soon as I tested (actually I think that was last time, told you ladies even before I had told Mr TT!).

Mr TT got back from a week away late last night and Max must have heard his voice as he got up at about midnight and then came and snuggled in bed with us last night, yummy!

Am going to take him to a 'live nativity' tonight at a local church.  Not been before but should be interesting, apparently about 200 people and loads of animals take part.  Free cookies and hot chocolate (but not for me ).  Maybe I should have offered to play the part of 'Mary - before'!

Edited: 07/12/2012 at 17:55
07/12/2012 at 18:25

Nor me TT, I meant by Lotte's standards 

07/12/2012 at 19:19
Oh TT, I think I love you. I would love to be tall and elegant, but sadly the reality is I'm about 5'4" and 'sturdy'!! I think I was about 20 weeks before I said anything, so yes, I'm sure that's why it seems it's gone fast. To be fair, it seems to have gone relatively fast for me too, but right now time is dragging a bit.

I've had a bad day. E was awake in the night and I'm just feeling totally exhausted and fed up. I've just started to get uncomfortable now and I think on balance it would be easier to have this baby out. My husband is working all weekend and I've felt tearful and exhausted at the thought of having the girls non-stop, which then makes me feel guilty, and like a rubbish mother who probably wouldn't be having a third child! I'm very lucky and have some good friends who have offered to help out at various points over the weekend, and I'm sure it's nothing a good nights sleep won't sort, but hmm, not been a good day all round.
07/12/2012 at 19:27
Vixo i'm the first to land myself on friends the minute hubby is away!

Survived the two friends over, house not too trashed. They made pizza, and I have made some for us which we are about to eat. Kids in bed, wine in hand.

School fayre tomorrow, one of her friends dads is Santa in one of the grottos, so if we get him it will be amusing!

Bought cheapo ibuprofen today from tesco and confirmed that medised and calcold are both not available and there isn't really an alternative, although I think when my current bottle has gone I will try and benylin night stuff as it has the decongestant in.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.