Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

38,001 to 38,020 of 43,607 messages
16/01/2014 at 18:45

Oh yes - night sweats!  I've had them the past few nights.........TOTM is due but this has never initiated night sweats before, I've only ever had them after having Eric.  I'm only 36...........surely too young for the CHANGE???

16/01/2014 at 19:42

Great.......

16/01/2014 at 20:00

CM- my K&Co catalogue has half a dozen maxi skirts 

if ur struggling to find them in shops

16/01/2014 at 20:58

Tt - ooo thanks

night sweats - yup. have had them since having J (i was 33). around TOTM. worse when on antidepressants - had them all the time then. now just a couple of days before my period is due

i've just done a training session with my friend, M. oh my god my LEGS and ARSE are killing me. flying 30s. and as if that wasn't bad enough we did loads of squats and lunges. i really love my friend. i really do.

16/01/2014 at 21:07

Yep to night sweats here too - used to be just during TotM but now its the few days before as well. Delightful.  Think I'm peri-menopausal too as also had menstrual migraines for the last 3-4 TotM  - none of the over the counter stuff touches it (presumably because its hormonal).  Ah the joys!! 

16/01/2014 at 22:00

Ok enough already.  I wish I'd never asked now

16/01/2014 at 22:04

CM, your honest appraisal of your childhood and family relationships was very touching (not sure if that is the right word), I really admire your understanding of yourself and how you got where you are, I hope the new therapy is good for you, you deserve some good help as you have come so far already.

Your friend M sounds like a real gem, I am now 'fb friends' with her and she's very funny.  Sounds like an awesome session tonight, well done.

Eek to menopause and its associated fun and games.

I told my mum today that I'm pregnant, felt a bit mean as she was just finishing cooking and they had some friends over for dinner and she agreed to keep it to herself for now.  Her response was 'whaaaatttt?', heehee.  She was probably bursting all night.  She was asking what size pajamas to buy for  Os and I told her not to worry if they were too small for him as the next one would get to wear them!

Sonya, did you have a scan yet to get an estimate of your due date?  Hope the sickness subsiding for you now.

Lovely new trainers over on FB, quite envious!

16/01/2014 at 22:43

Haha T-tid that's a good way to let your mum know! How many weeks are you now?

Hmmmm stress levels rising here today!! Had a bit of a depressing team meeting today - been set some crazy targets by Sport NZ for one of our programmes (the programme I have the least interest in) and we are going to have to focus everything onto it or the could pull all our funding which would have direct implications on my job - hopefully it won't come to that but stressful and will make work even more busy! I'm trying to organise our plans for the next couple of months as we have 3 weddings to attend - bang goes the hope of much camping sadly! Thinking about the cost has made me tart worrying about hubbys job situation. I hven't really been that worried but now have started to think of what might happen if it takes longer than just a few weeks. Esp as we have house moving looking and moving into a new rental is costly (stupid agent fees for NOTHING!). Gah!!! Need to talk it all through with hubby obviously but because its him out of a job, its hard to avoid it looking like I'm piling on the pressure when he's doing what he can but I need to suggest reducing Matilda's days at daycare temporarily as its a major cost at the moment and hard to justify - hard to know though because if hubby got work quickly we might not be able to increase the days again which would cause problems! Lotte I hope your hubbys funding is renewed and you hear soon so you don't have to worry.

right, I'm offloading on here but it is neither a) getting my work done or b) getting the washing hung out so I better shift myself!

16/01/2014 at 23:41

I'm 8 weeks Hoggle, will be 9 on Sunday. Hope your husband finds a job soon and you manage to retain your funding. Stressful times. 

17/01/2014 at 06:35

Haha TT - very funny!  My dad was pretty shocked when we announced number 3!

17/01/2014 at 09:06
Oh Hoggle. That is a lot of crap to deal with. Hope you find a way through

Argh. My legs and arse. Struggling with walk up hill from school. At least it must have done some good!
17/01/2014 at 11:32

I'm getting the night sweats too, I didn't get any after Martha and Aidan but since Benedict I think I get them when I ovulate and just before my period.  Very weird although I'm sort of getting used to it.  I'm also a lot more hormonal in general which is crap especially as I sort of waltzed through my 20's being fairly oblivious to my cycle and periods were only a minor inconvenience.  Ah well!

Anyhow, 3 miles just done in under 30 mins!  Doing quite well at keeping up the exercise but still need to do more physical mileage as Davina dvd's will wear a bit thin after a while!

17/01/2014 at 11:39

well, we are a sweaty bunch. best buy new duvets and pillows all round i think

well done on the run kinsey.

oh my god - my legs really DO hurt.

17/01/2014 at 12:01

Hah CM - topical as hubby took the mattress protector off last night and was like - ewk!  We are going to leave it to buy a new one until we move though I think.  Laura Ashley has a major sale on though - half price mattresses!

17/01/2014 at 12:03

yup - icky mattresses! i got paranoid about it for a while and tried waterproof ones, but they just make me sweat even more!

17/01/2014 at 12:58

We must have clear non staining sweat in this house 

as mattress is ok despite being white and 8yrs old, it has bn wee'd 

on a couple of times by Camryn and my 'darling' husband was sick all over it after being at 

the pub all day (fortunately he doesn't do that very often, go to pub 

I mean, 1st time he's bn sick in the bed, I left him lying in it 

and made him take mattress out in garden and disinfect

it, gross). 

But mattress survived, stain free and non smelly 

ooh Christmas smilies have finally gone

17/01/2014 at 19:55

Yippee to night sweats, digestion issues, vomming hubbys, sore butts, weight issues, allergies...oh no they are supposed to be boo's.... 

Yippee to venting, get it all off your chests ladies!! 

lovely birth story JT, nice to hear a positive experience for a change which restores faith. 

Hubby actually volunteered to come for a run with me after work, of course he is much faster but hasnt been out for months so jogged 5 miles with me (tempo for me!). 

Had to have a word with Archie for saying 'fuckin' in the playground. teacher said he was very tearful when challenged but did fess up!! Oops. 

Good Luck on the puffer!!!!!! 

17/01/2014 at 19:56

Oh if my waist is 32 inches and my hips are 37 does that mean i sneak in ok at 0.86? 

17/01/2014 at 21:13

My point exactly Camlo, ur bum is nearly same size as my 

waist but I have a healthier ratio, ridiculous!

17/01/2014 at 21:52
Found out today a lovely ex colleague of mine is battling diffused b-cell lymphoma stage IV. He was initially offered palliative care only. But is now at the end of a 14 stage chemo treatment and is now in hospital until the end of Feb having stem cell transplant. I cannot believe this. He was always so fit and healthy. Massively talented footballer who then cycled a lot also competitively. He told me today that when he gets back to health he is back on his bike and training for a marathon. I told him today that he must let me know which one and I will join him if I can. And if I can't I will be his virtual training buddy. I am sickened to think of the suffering. Bastard f***ing cancer.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.