Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

38,061 to 38,080 of 45,825 messages
17/03/2013 at 08:46
http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/files2/stats/popular-forenames/2012/babiesnames-2012-t4.xls

Can't do it as a link from phone but copy and paste should work. It's always a laugh to read. The jaxxons are hilarious.
17/03/2013 at 09:02
EF so you do know then??? Surely we lovelies on here don't count as 'anyone'? In case of intense questioning from hubby why don't you just tell us what it isn't......
Beach party sounds fab.
Sonia - best wishes for today, hope grandma is OK but maybe best if they keep her in so you don't have to worry about her!
Knee is killing and am hobbling about before we go to the playbarn type place at 10am, will be sitting with a coffee there, not chasing boys about for sure!
17/03/2013 at 09:56
Lol at Camlo's suggestion about just telling us what it isnt!

We were discussing the daft names and spellings yesterday so will definitely take a look at the link EF.
17/03/2013 at 10:22
Did you say there were more Girls called Harley than Claire EF? That did strike me as odd!

Sonya, poor you, hope the day works out. Is MIL in St Peter's? Hope they can sort something, no idea about adult wards there. Xx
17/03/2013 at 13:15

Yeah, just tell us what you're not going to call her EF!

17/03/2013 at 15:57

Just checked, RF's telly performance is today, but it's on BBC2 in Scotland only  Not sure if it'll be on the i player for us english folk or not.

17/03/2013 at 16:59
if you have sky you should be able to get BBC Scotland (and all the other regions). Must remember to watch at 8pm!
17/03/2013 at 17:54

Only freeview

17/03/2013 at 18:18

ooooh yes, must get that recorded tonight then!!

RF  - I can't believe you were in the pool today ... I took Scarlett in to the climbing wall while J and hubby froze outside - we could have walked within inches of each other!!!  Although perhaps you were there earlier than us?  I have a persistant ache on my right foot at the moment - it's probably PF but I am ignoring and icing stretching for the moment - all part of my policy to train unless I am crippled and see if I fall apart completely or somehow run through it all. If I totally fall apart then I have no choice but to rest!!

LOL at lists of names - usually very entertaining

Camlo - that's an awsome run despite the niggles etc. Hope ice on the knee does the job.

Sonya - sigh, that's what you could have done without. I know in older people bladder infections can send them gaga ... they thought my great aunt's dementia was deteriorating but actually was a bladder infection. ANyway, I hope it all went OK in the end.

Um ... forgotten all now ...

Haven't run since Friday, but clocked 41 miles this week, most weekly mileage since beginning of January - yay.

Wasn't TOO bad in the end over at sports centre in Inverness but just kept remember when I took Lotte last year. Did have a pang at not running though, especially when they anounced what a fantastic day Forres Harriers was having, I love running with my club, they are a real friendly motivating bunch. Hey ho!

S absolutely loved the climbing wall, kept thinking she'd run out of steam and start whinging and demanding food, I swear she bouldered or climbed for just shy of two hours   Didn't want to go too high up the wall, but fair enough, just glad she enjoyed. Someone gave me a belay so I got a couple of seriously easy routes and some bouldering too.  Just a shame they don't open the wall in the week until after 3pm, do they just think it's kids and twenty-somethings that like to use wall in week??

Cuppa in Tiso - and I bought a fab new fleece - bit retro 80s colours but love it. Dropped hubby at airport on way back, all good apart from him reversing into another car and serious dnt to the bumper - just glad it wasnt' me!!!

For all my whinging about hubby, he is always complimentary (although honest about clothes), even though I am now as flat as a pancake etc!! and would never deliberately diss me like that I don't think. ANother hubby needing a kick up the bum!!

17/03/2013 at 19:21

Hope the christening went well Sonia despite the extra stress!!

CC I think M will be a climber like her dad - she seems to know just where to put hands, feet etc.

ANother crazy week - working til 2pm today then picking up Matilda from daycare and driving down to my parents. Staying the night and then on to my sisters, dropping M with her and carrying on to Fletchers funeral. WIll stay with sis Tue night then haul it all the way back up here Wed as I can't miss too much work. They are being very understanding but with one thing and anotehr I have had a lot of time off plus I have a weeks annual leave coming up and then the operation!

Hope CM and MM had a nice catch up!

17/03/2013 at 19:36
Was lovely seeing CM and E +J. Too short though. Kids get on so well, so must meet up again soon. I am so disappointed with today but need to pick myself up and crack on. I am full of ahead cold. Quite why I even toed the line is beyond me let alone dragged my husband, kids and FIL to reading. Very stupid!
17/03/2013 at 19:50
Oh and RF just wanted to say I can't believe your hubbie. Mine is always complimentary and I certainly make no effort at home. Sat in joggers with my bonkers un straightened hair. He still loves me, isn't that what it's all about. He needs a slap! Steak and chips for dinner. Smells lush, hopefully make me feel better. Stupid stupid stupid. CM did ask if was going to be ok to race. Errrr 'No' is the correct answer
17/03/2013 at 20:10
Oh MM. never mind. You made it to the start which is good going when you feel rough and the weather looked atrocious! Don't be too hard on yourself (if possible!). I guess just write today off and look forward to the next one?

Glad u had fun with CM.
gutted cant watch RF. Sounds like u had a good day CC - R u a climber as well as a runner? Wow - impressed. My dad and little bro are v keen climbers including snow and ice stuff but I've never had the nerve.
RF - u are gorgeous. Don't believe your hubby if he says otherwise!

TBH - from what I've seen on FB - I think we all look pretty good all things considered - but more importantly, you are all really really lovely people and you always made me, a relative newbie to the thread, feel welcome and included.

Awwww I've gone all mushy on a Sunday night. Must be the hormones....!
17/03/2013 at 20:26
Also gutted cant see RF
17/03/2013 at 20:28
Weather was quite bonkers tbh. Didn't help and I think I was pretty close to hyperthermia at the end. Still rather shakey now. Off to bed me thinks!
17/03/2013 at 20:32
RF is a mad mad woman!!!! Loving her singing in the middle of the night though!!
MM what happened??
17/03/2013 at 20:33

ooooo we've got the only Catalina in Scotland in 2012!

17/03/2013 at 20:37
It might be on iplayer after the event. I will look tomorrow.

MM I take it you mean hypothermia? Not hyperthermia! Although I could do with some of that as I am so fed up with this sodding rain and cold. Sorry today wasnt good.

One of my uni friends was staying this wk end, down from Glasgow with work so stayed on. She's the one whose long term boyfriend was run over and killed in Edinburgh 2 years ago. She's still very sad and lonely and not really moved on which is so sad, and makes me count my blessings.

Monday again already.....
17/03/2013 at 21:03

That is very sad Caro - so many reasons to count our blessings!

I gave myself a big talking to in the weekend - work has been really stressful and I have made some mistakes due to general distraction. Luckily work is very supportive but I am too hard on myself so have decided to cut myself some slack and focus on what is really important.

Meant to ask Caro - where is Ian at with his back now? Have they decided what to do?

Wish I could watch RF's tv debut!! I hope your family is very proud of you!!

17/03/2013 at 21:14

Oh MM - boo to the head cold and a bad race, always a tough one to call not to race ... sometimes you just hope for a miracle. I hope you will let yourself recover well from this, you've had some fantastic training.  I am assuming you had similar weather to us today

RF rocks - she is an absolute star. Just watched it - like you Camlo, I loved the singing - no way i'd been in tune anyway, let alone on a mbk lap, in a forest, on a track of ice, in the middle of the night!!! Was watching all these people stacking it - did love the guy that went over before they'd even left the start pen .  Seriously though RF, I thought you came across very well, and the interviewing of you and the other girl just illustrated to so well the juggle of fitting in stuff around families etc ... whereas the other lady fitted life around her training - cos she could, of course.  I especially liked the 'extreme way to get out of childcare' comment - one I've used frequently to explain why I do ultras

Brookie - pre-children I was seriously into my rock-climbing. I got into it in my mid-20s, eventually joined a club and that was it ... total love affair!! They very patiently taught me to lead-climb as well so I got well into that and could ultimately do some reasonably hard leading  climbing. Hubby also climbs but he loved his white water kyaking more so we didn't spend a lot of time together doing stuff!! (anyone see a pattern here??) Obv family came along, did a little during and after both pregnancies but ultimately the logistics when kids are young is tricky so I have done very little in recent years. Is 50 miles round trip to decent wall so not ideal but there are some small sea crags just down the road and now the kids are showing interest .... Am about to purchase new rope (not trusting my old ones on my kids!!) and have promised thems we will do it once weather is better.  The loss of my climbing is mainly why I got so into running, used to be the other way around!!

Yes, I'd like some hypERthermia too - just warned my parents to bring full winter kit up when they come at Easter ...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.