Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

38,121 to 38,140 of 47,547 messages
13/12/2012 at 20:52
Oh EF - all thoughts with you for tomorrow.

RF - ouch! Due date not til next Friday so am assuming it will be a little while yet!
13/12/2012 at 21:21

Yes ouch RF, hope you're not too sore.

Vixo - yes that does sound similar.  I felt it was the difficulty breathing/mucus that was somehow causing him to be sick.  Also he hasn't had diarrhoea and actually did a poo today (sorry TMI!) after not eating since yesterday lunchtime and being sick repeatedly since, so something has digested.  Hope no-one's eating!

TBird if you're around - don't feel bad about the Masterchef spoiler on FB!  I should have waited for hubby to watch last night's really but he's out on his work do and I had such a rubbish evening yesterday I thought I'd just watch it.

Got a weird question - when I was pregnant my tummy (and boobs as I remember!) got really itchy when they were expanding.  Now I'm losing weight, I'm getting really itchy across my tummy again as it (slowly) shrinks.  Is this a normal biological phenomenon?!

13/12/2012 at 21:36
Well I'm itchy if that helps!!

On phone in bed as v bleugh tonight. Trying to go for shower.
13/12/2012 at 21:36
Rf have a fun trip!
13/12/2012 at 21:46
Thanx!
I'm also in bed.
Night )))
13/12/2012 at 21:50
Thinking of you EF. Xxxx try and get some sleep.

Jg - sounds horrid, hope all improves.
13/12/2012 at 22:48

Yes - will be thinking of you EF and hopping on here when I can - everything crossed.

Hope you are not too bruised RF - haven't read previous page but saw on FB

JG - that sounds pretty alarming. Lots of horrible stuff around at the mo.

Did 4 miles on treadmill tonight and was quite getting into the groove but it was already 9pm and I hadn't actually had tea at that point so no further than that.

Trying to look for meteor showers but just too cloudy. Lovely seasonal dusting of snow - about 4 inches of that fab dry crunchy stuff. Looks perfect.

Right off to bed for me

14/12/2012 at 07:06
Quick pop in to say thinking of you EF, hope today goes well. x
14/12/2012 at 08:33
lots of happy thoughts to EF for today.

Ang- my treadmill folds up tiny, it's a Jessica Ennis one from argos, it says it only goes up to 12kph but the fastest I have managed on it is 9kph + I am running way faster than I do outside, despite my Garmin saying I run around 10kph on outside runs. calorie counter + heart monitor bit r way off too, so I just run for a set time rather than going by the distance on the treadmill. When I was looking for treadmills myself I was looking at ones that did over 14kph + they tended to b way over ??500 + much bigger. So I am happy my Mum got me this one, I wouldn't have looked at it as the max speed is lower, but it was under ??400 + a brilliant size. I have no space, but it tucks away neatly in the corner of dining room + is easy to move around, takes up 28"x14" in corner + is 5' 6" high. Argos often have brilliant sales on treadmills around Jan/Feb time too.
14/12/2012 at 08:34

lots of positive vibes for you EF!

14/12/2012 at 09:13
Thanks people I spoke too soon about sleep - awake for 3 hrs feeling terrible - retched if the duvet so much as touched my stomach. Then finally dozed off at about 5.45 only to be woken by Andy roaring in my lug hole that no it is NOT time to get up!
14/12/2012 at 10:52
Sending healing vibes all round! Good luck EF and thank goodness about your cousin, Lotte. Hope Nicky is on the mend now, JG. And anyone else who has been/is poorly xx

Not had time to post lately as you will have gathered... Ben has been away so trying to juggle full time job, little boy and running the business at probably one of the busiest periods of the year! Was doing really well until JP and I got flu - cue visit to emergency doctor on Weds as he had a nasty rash all over (mummy in panic mode!) and a very high temp. Thank goodness it is just a nasty virus and I think we are both over the worst of it. And as well as that, Ben has been in hospital in Brunei He is now on his way home, later than planned, but still - so pleased he is OK. They were pretty certain he had typhoid (had a bowel infection) but turns out it was some other tropical bacteria taking up residence in his gut. So, four days in hospital on almost constant drips, hastily rearranged flights and thank the Lord he has good medical insurance!!!!!

On the positive side, it is nearly Christmas
14/12/2012 at 11:22

oh no TB - hope you are all feeling better now. how scary re Ben too

EF - hope it has gone ok

feeling a bit weird today - it would have been my due date (miscarried in may at 8 weeks). not that it was a pregnancy i wanted but even so. makes you wonder. and i am not really happy in the relationship with N as he is still not divorced and still has no financial agreement with his wife (in spite of her having all the equity, him having all the debt and him paying her maintenance leaving him with not enough money to pay for somewhere to live).

gah.  he is on his way for the weekend and i just want to sulk on my own.

14/12/2012 at 11:42

Oh dear TB - that sounds quite a nightmare tbh, you guys been really ill and then Ben ill, in a hospital, in Brunei!! Glad he is back in the UK and hopefully you will all be well for Christmas.

(()) CM, difficult day for you, and difficult re Nick. One would ask if he is ever likely to get divorce/sort out the money etc. My sister's husband had a mortgage with a previous partner and she refused to move out and then subsequently sold the house and kept all the equity despite him putting in a pretty large chunk of their own. Sister and hubby can't get a mortgage as they have no lump sum to put down, her hubby refused to stand up to ex (just wanted a quiet life) and sister has given up fuming etc. So can see how these things arise. I'm not sure I'd be as tolerant as my sister, is funny really cos she's quite intollerant about a lot of stuff, I guess it must be Love!!!

EF - what time are you in????

Another day with my lovely son at home. Is beginning to drive me a little bit nuts with all the questions about absolutely everything, but having him off sick is waaaaaay better than having S at home all day!!! J entertains himself very well really.

Tide should be out tonight by the time hubbys is back so am hopeful of a beach run by torchlight ... in the rain

14/12/2012 at 11:46

Hugs CM - difficult times.  Shame N isn't sorting out his life.  I was talking to a friend yesterday and her mate got left with all the debt from her marriage as all the credit cards were in her name.  Nightmare.

Tatty - hope Ben is okay, that sounds v scary.  Hope you are better as well.

Pouring down here now.  Meh.

14/12/2012 at 11:48

CC - money eh.  V glad we made the decision not to bail my brother out.  At the end of the day the debt is his and the banks problem and if we get involved even more people will be unhappy!  

14/12/2012 at 11:53

ooooo christmas smilies!

I think EF was in at 10? she should be out by now. EF - how was it?

i can totally sympathise on the child at home syndrome. i can work with J at home. every now and then he comes through and sits and colours or asks me to take a look at something. and spouts inconsequential rubbish at me for 5 minutes and then disappears again. i cannot work with E around tho - she doesn't do 'being on her own' at all!

i could write reams on the situation with N. i still haven't met his kids (20, 23 and 25), although he has told the 20 and 23-yr old about me, but not the 25-yr old. and yet he has holidayed with my kids and he is here a lot. i don't think he can divorce his wife now - at least not on the grounds of her unreasonable behaviour as he has to cite examples from the last 6 months and they sold their house in february so he hasn't seen her since then! she says she won't agree to a divorce on the grounds of separation, which could be done after 2 years. so he will have to wait for 5 years.

i no longer care so much about the divorce, but i do want him to sort his finances out. as well as her having all the equity for a new house which means she is mortgage free, and him paying her £700 a month, and him taking all the (£40k plus!!) of debt, meaning he doesn't have enough money left to even rent a house for himself as he is paying the debt off in large amounts, he is now saying that he will have to give her half his pension. i understand that she is entitled to a fair financial settlement. but surely being mortgage free in your own home and having £700 and no debt is enough!? he has no money left at the end of every month while he pays off the debt, has nowhere to live of his own (rents through work who pay for the room he has in a shared house), has no savings... i just can't get my head around why he won't sort out the settlement and get it agreed. i guess that, unless there is a divorce to seal it up in, it doesn't mean anything anyway. and there won't be a divorce as she won't agree to one...

he says he has put in divorce papers but she hasn't responded. i know for a fact that legally you HAVE to respond to divorce papers. he hasn't chased though.

i am sick of it all now anyway. would rather just be on my own. at least that way i can't be let down by anyone!

14/12/2012 at 12:28
Sorry not read a thing as walking princes st but good news!!! Def one healthy wee babs to be. And.....a second sac and yolk but no heartbeat there yet. Not too tiny tho so back next fri to confirm numbers. But happy happy to know def one
14/12/2012 at 12:32

woooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14/12/2012 at 12:35
Woo hoo EF, that is awesome news. So happy for you. Now another week to wait to see if 2!!!

CM, I managed to 'forget' my due date so the day itself passed pretty much unnoticed but I'm sure it helped that I was pregnant again by then. Sorry to hear that N has still not sorted out his affairs. So frustrating for you.

TB, hideous time for you. Glad you are all back on track and must be great to have Ben home.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.