Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

38,141 to 38,160 of 47,218 messages
14/12/2012 at 12:39

Thinking of you EF.  

CM - tough situation, similar to a friend of mine only without the financial binds and that was bad enough.  They now have a little boy together but he still won't divorce his ex because he feels sorry for her - my friend is lucky to have him frankly!  They're both lovely people, he just can't see how much it hurts my friend not making that commitment to her, even though he has every intention of spending the rest of his life with her (as far as I know). ((()))

14/12/2012 at 12:47
14/12/2012 at 12:47

EF - if it's twins, can we name one?

JG - that sounds hard for your friend. at least i have a bit of sympathy for N because he has been married for 25 years and he does feel a lot of guilt about his wife (even though she is mad and was violent and threw her wedding rings in the bin years ago and called him all sorts of names and threatened to kill herself repeatedly if he left). i can understand why he feels guilty. but he needs to deal with it. he keeps saying he has. so if he has dealt with his guilt, then why won't he act?

argh - fed up and don't want to think about it!

14/12/2012 at 13:09

Woohoo EF!!  Really pleased for you! x

14/12/2012 at 13:24
Woo hoo EF!

Cm - think we could come up witb some great names I was the same, I felt very down as,my pregnancy with Archie seemed to go on forever.
14/12/2012 at 13:33
(((CM))))

Hooray EF!
14/12/2012 at 13:35

Argh cross posts, couldn't work out why Caro just posted a smiley face!  Yeay EF, fantastic news!!  (love these Christmas smileys!)

CM ((())) about due date, sorry forgot to mention earlier.  Like TT I've never thought about the possible due date (think it was around Christmas as well!) as for me there was just an empty sac so no baby. Different if there was something to lose though maybe?  Hope N gives you some peace and quiet this weekend - feign a headache and go and have a bath and glass of wine .

14/12/2012 at 13:41

thanks all. it's ok really. i didn't want another baby. i didn't even know if i wanted to continue with the pregnancy because i knew N still had / has so much guilt about his wife and it wasn't the circumstances into which i wanted to bring another child. i was booked in to see about a termination the following day anyway. i'm not really mourning a baby i wanted - i'm just feeling all a bit  about everything i suppose. and what could have been if the situation had been different. if i were happy with the situation now, i guess i wouldn't be feeling like this. but i'm still not happy.

don't think i ever will be. am obviously just mrs grumpy pants

14/12/2012 at 13:47
EF - thank goodness!! I have been checking the thread all morning for news, although maybe that's more news than you bargained for?!

CM - it doesn't sound an easy situation at all. Sorry about the miscarriage - it must be hard even if you weren't sure about the pregnancy. There's always that feeling of 'what if', I think.
14/12/2012 at 13:50
I always referred to my mc as a loss of hopes and dreams CM, and in a way it's the same for you, the what ifs?. Although of course I'd never be without Archie, you do wonder. Another thing that was put to me too, was the fact if that pregnancy had continued, I would have likely had a very disabled child, and if we're honest, who would really choose that? Probably not...
14/12/2012 at 14:06

Yeay, at least one baby EF, you can get your head around that before you find out if there's another one in there!

14/12/2012 at 14:37

woohoo EF, fab-u-lous (to quote Craig from 'strictly'), how do you feel about the other one?  And yes, we definitely need to have some kind of input in at least the middle name!!  Kept hopping on here to check and the minute I go out the house ...

CM - if you were not Mrs Grumpy then you would not be the CM that we 'know' and love so much

Oh well, collected S an hour ago as ... guess what ... yes she'd been sick too - all over the school canteen floor. Then had a very frustrating conversation with her teacher who said she had referred S for speech therapy through the school nurse as she had concerns (erm, what about the big spiel I forwarded to them at start of year about the fact she's already having it and conversation at parents night!!), I then asked her about thoughts on S's reading and, yes, she did have concerns ... was she going to mention them to me? She wasn't quite sure what to do as she's not taught P1 before but guessed that focussing on the phonics more would help!!! Oh lord, am I mad not to be feeling a little lacking in confidence here ...

so we have the fidgeting one who never sits still, asks incessant questions, reads books for breakfast and's writing is absolutely horrendous, then the really arty neat one who is finally coming on leaps with delayed speech but really struggling with the reading .. who'd be a parent hey!!

End of rant and whinge from me, loooong week but ... have made French Onion Soup with help of J and also J has made the pastry a la Vixo's recipe so will be rolling that out later

Have given in and wacked the heating on for me and the TV for the children

Right best be off here and sorting out the Christmas tree next

Edited: 14/12/2012 at 14:41
14/12/2012 at 15:55
So need to get off this iPad and onto my laptop so I can do Christmas smileys!
14/12/2012 at 15:55

oh no, cc. boo to the voms. poor S. and grr to the teacher! what does she think you are doing with S during her speech therapy lessons which she goes for and is then late for school as a result of?!

oh and what are you saying about me. mrs grumpy?!

14/12/2012 at 16:11

... but we love you ... I am prize one for rambling on and having a good old moan though, so I am a great one to speak really am I not!!

She hadn't had speech therapy since the summer and there was a mess-up in inter-school coms on the day S was late so teacher didn't get message, but I HAD told her back at parents eve it was ongoing and we were awaiting a new appt in the autumn ... sigh ... it was the 'I'm not too sure here' bit, I don't mind that but an indication that she'd ask someone more experienced would have been absolutely fine with me, we all have to learn on the job a bit ... rather than, 'well we'll just keep trying' - bah humbug

14/12/2012 at 16:16

Doesn't sound great CC!  I guess as a year we must love our teacher and teaching assistant, as someone has taken charge and we are all donating money to buy them Next gift cards.  £5 each, so they're going to be able to buy a lot of clothes!  Actually, I do really really like both of them, and the school so I don't really mind.

Going to see The Hobbit tonight with my dad - brining a bottle of water so I dont cough my way through it.  Slept badly last night so hope I stay awake!

14/12/2012 at 16:32
For goodness sake CC! I'm horrified! Firstly, S' reading is quite possibly delayed because her speech was. It's very common, if you think about it, you need to build up leg strength in order to be able to run, so the same goes for reading. She needs to have picked up the pre reading skills (many speech orientated to be able to read. Practice rhyme patterns, nursery rhymes, play phonics games (have a look on Sparklebox.co.UK for games to make for online stuff try bbc, crickweb, alphablocks on cbeebies, phonicsplay.co.uk, iboard.co.uk) as without phonics you won't get too far. Also practice high frequency words, BBC and ictgames.com have a fair few.

I'm new to P1 is no excuse!!! Silly Soup is great fun, finding things to place in a bowl of things beginning with a phonic sound, We're making a bowl of silly soup, we're making soup that's silly, we'll put the soup in the fridge and make it nice and silly' sung to Mulberry Bush.

If you mail me your email address I can send you links to bits and the progression criteria you need before reading takes place. Am still shocked!!!
14/12/2012 at 16:41

JT, thank you for your input, I will mail you my email address now ...I am very appreciative of your knowledge and expertise as I am a little lost here ... and yes, that was exactly what I was thinking re delayed speech vs delayed reading!!

14/12/2012 at 17:05

Woo hoo EF. Keeping my fingers crossed for two boys

Shocking CC. Good job JT is on the case but I think that need to be brought up with the head... Lewis has an initial appt for speech therapy assessment next week.Boo to the spews, hope all better soon and that you don't succumb.

Good to hear from TattyB, glad you are all on the mend now.

CM(())

Shocking weather here today. 70-80mph gusts forecast for later on. ITs bad enough just now. So much on this weekend I don't know where to start really. Hubby and Soph were meant to be away on an athletics trip but thankfully its been cancelled between bad weather and boat strikes.

Had our school Christmas concerts on Wed, they were amazing. The school only has 100 pupils and they had 3 different plays. The p5-7 performance of Oliver was just outstanding. So many talented kids and the solo performances were great. The wee boy who was oliver had me in tears. My guys didn't have big roles, too much of my backwards in coming forwards genes in them but what they did they did well!

Thanks for your thoughts for my cousin. My aunty has come home today so I'm going to go and see here tomorrow. He will be in hospital for a bit I think, as long as they manage to keep him there anyway. They are saying he has had some sort of psychotic episode.

Youth club cancelled tonight which means I can have a wine or two as no late taxi runs to do. And by reckoning it is now after 5pm so its game on

14/12/2012 at 18:50

Just seeing on the internet about the school shooting in Connecticut.  It is obviously miles from us here in Florida but we have a customer just 5 miles from the school and our installer is in CT this week and next doing 2 installations.  Seriously questioning whether we can bring up our kids in a country where this sort of thing happens.  Don't want Max to have to go through a metal detector on his way into school either.  Just hideous! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.