Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

38,441 to 38,460 of 45,814 messages
06/04/2013 at 16:14
Tubes stuffed so taking me ages to get home. RF and MM do you wear your orthotics all the time or only in running shoes? Yes they hurt my foot but am glad that it started like that for you too. Didn't wear them today as on feet all day at work so thought it a bit soon.
E ok according to hgubby, hope he sleeps ok.....
Was supposed to be going out tonight but no one can be bothered, so we're not!
06/04/2013 at 16:19
That'll teach me to press refresh when using my Blackberry!

At work, but nothing compared to working wk ends at my previous job, plus I chose to do it so I get paid extra. Walked between the two clinics as planned, so a nice 4 mile walk in some really unattractive, dodgy parts of east london! Hope the sun shines again tomorrow

Hope you're ok JT. Hugs.
06/04/2013 at 18:16

Only wear mine in my running trainers Caro. Don't wear them for walking.

What an amazing sunny day and the wind finally dropped after lunchtime. Beautiful walk with Sophie and hubbie around castle combe, she walked all the way. About 2-2.5 miles with some steep steep hills. Cheeky pint at the pub in the village !! Sat in the sun. Bliss! Boys at a friends for the afternoon. Hubbie just gone to get them so peace for a few mins.

Hubbie racing Chedworth Roman Road trail 10 tomorrow. So a day out in the cotswolds beckons. Lush! And only an 8 mile plod for me. Fabulous!

06/04/2013 at 18:54

Great to hear you buzzing MM from running, sunshine, possible job etc ... fingers crossed a workable job comes through for you!  Haven't had a chance to look out my info but would say that as you eat really healthily anyways it's probably not much but I think there were a few mineral/vitamin type notes etc.  I get variations - sometimes it's the constant nausea, sometimes even worse - it's like flu, all my joints ache and I am shivery and all I can do is go to bed and then hey presto, damn AF arrives and it all disappears, sometimes I get nothing at all!!

Camlo - good to hear your legs are also livening up

THinking of you JT - so much sadness around at the moment.

Kinsey - bugger to the crap sleep, hope you can get back on track again soon.

EF - yikes, 17 weeks, wow ... will be gone in a flash.  My J bump started under my ribs, but he was actually in my ribs so eventually I could only really sit down if I was slightly leaning backwards and I couldn't eat big meals cos there was no room!!!  Hope you had fun at race though.

Um - Brookie - there are two Farnhams I think? I have a house on the suburbs of Farnham in Surrey ... if that is where you meant then definitely feel free to mail me, but the other one is near Slough in Berkshire I think. I grew up in Woking and moved as far as Farnborough and then Farnham before moving up here so I am reasonably familiar with most surrounding areas.

Parents here, bit chaotic and somewhat hard work but lovely to see them nonetheless. Hubby and I off out for dinner tonight with friends while they babysit so that I AM looking forward to; running a bit absent but did a speedyish 9.5 this morning along the coastal path in 1 hr 20, so small amounts of running have been speedy or challenging this week!!

06/04/2013 at 19:33
Ah JT, so sad but at least he is finally at peace. Thinking of you and your family at this sad time.
EF ((((((())))) to your friends, so utterly sad.
Blimey how quick has your pregnancy gone........probably hasn't too you when you"ve been feeling crap but has to me defo! Hope the race went good today.
Oh CC, enjoy a kid free meal tonight.
Exciting that its not long till VLM now. Canna wait to hear how u all do. You"ve done well with your training the lot of ya.
Caro- I just wear my orthotics in my running trainers but I wear insoles in all my shoes to support my instep. Don't walk around bare feet hardly ever as it brings on PF if I"m not careful.
Oh Kinsey, hope the sleep improves again soon.
We don't appear to be getting good sleeps recently. M been ill this week, keeps spiking temps & having to give calpol & nurofen. Nothing obvious though. She is so grumpy, it's hard work. R been pretty sick also. She's had a cough for a couple of wks but not unwell, woke up Thur morning white as a sheet, wheezy with high temp. Managed to get a doc to see her & he was fairly concerned about her as her resps were 40, heart rate raised at high temp. He said she was close to a hospital admission but gave steroids and a nebuliser and sent home with inhaler, steroids and antibiotics. Poor thing. She improved a bit by Friday & is now much better but still a bit wheezy and chesty.
We"re sitting watching "the voice". I'm drinking some red wine and eating dairy milk & the fire is on and just looked out the window for flip sake it's sleet outside, grrrrrrrr.
Not bad, have run or cycled the last 8 days with a 1.2 mile swim on Wednesday.
Hoping to go out with cycle club tomorrow.
06/04/2013 at 19:38
Start my new job on Monday, yikes, pretty nervous.
CC- did u get your wetsuit yet?
Am now thinking I would be crazy to attempt the tri I have got free entry into at the end of May. It's a half ironman.................think I should say there is no way I could do it. They said instead I could do the Ben Nevis tri in August but its a week before the craggy island tri so don't reckon hubby would be too impressed! Don't know what to do. Of course my family say not to be so stupid but they would wouldn't they??!!!!!
06/04/2013 at 20:06

Thanks for yuor replys MM and RF - that post was baout 2 wks old if not more, dating from the last time I checked this page on my phone!  

06/04/2013 at 21:09
Why on earth did I offer to host coffee group today? So freakin busy!!!!!
06/04/2013 at 21:13
Oh dear, just tidied out running leggings box (just the ones that fit me), 11 pairs of long leggings/trackpants, 7 pairs of capri leggings + 2 pairs of shorts. Have more in my 'too small for me' box too. No more buying running stuff until I can wear shorts + feel good. Now to tidy out the tops box
06/04/2013 at 21:28
TT I put 16 bras in the clothing bank the other day! Hope someone can make use of them!
06/04/2013 at 21:29
Tops- 11 long sleeved 13 t-shirt 10 showerproof jackets + fleeces
06/04/2013 at 21:48
HOW MANY??????? Good God! now I don't feel so bad about my 8 pairs of trainers.....
06/04/2013 at 21:49
21 sports bras in my running bra/pants/socks box + there r more in the wash. That is just ridiculous.
06/04/2013 at 21:55
lol Camlo, r they all currently used for running? I have 4 pairs I rotate throughout the wk but I do have a few old pairs I wear just for slumming around in, ones from the days before I discovered trails. All running trainers r now only fit for bin when they have done their work unless they're black.
06/04/2013 at 21:56
Finally got off my arse and ran 2.5miles this afternoon. Think the cold weather was putting me off before
Probably going to regret it when I ache all over tomorrow!

I have 2 pairs of capris about 5 pairs of leggings 2 pairs of shorts, according to your kit list TT I need to go shopping!
06/04/2013 at 22:06
well done on the run kinsey.

I am just terrible at doing the washing regularly, tends to get done twice a wk, rather than putting a load in every day like I always mean to do. And as I run 5 to 6 times a wk I would run out of clothes all the time if didn't have loads.
06/04/2013 at 22:10
Was easier when I used to run early in the morn, just wore the same stinky stuff a few days in a row as never met anyone on my runs anyway. But now I drop Cam off at nursery + go straight for run, don't think the other Mums + teachers would like me much if I wore my kit several days in a row lol
06/04/2013 at 22:26
2 offroaders
2 lightweight minimal for short stuff
2 old & 2 'new' neutral cushioned for longer road stuff.
I have an underbed box with all my tops and leggings/ shorts and about 4 jackets but like you TT - I would run out of stuff during heavy training weeks as I tend to catch up on washing at the weekends.
Not even sure about what to wear for the mara, hopefully shorts and a vest but thinking about dyeing my hair red or something to make me stand out!

Am trying to be good with my diet so eating lots of veg, fruit, protein etc and not many carbs but sooooo hungry!!! Was cold too so downed a hot tumbler of mulled wine - now I feel warm, tipsy and slightly (lots) sick..... off to bed I think!
06/04/2013 at 22:42
Trying to b good here too, got 9wks til marathon + would love to lose at least a stone, would make the marathon easier physically if a stone lighter + would feel more comfortable wearing shorts with slightly slimmer legs.

So no snacking + drinking plenty of water. If genuinely hungry between meals then something healthy.
06/04/2013 at 23:35
I won't tell you ladies about the biscuits I'm about to bake (and eat most of probably!).
That is some serious running kit - mine is woeful and nothing new in past 3 years! Frankly my wardrobe is woeful! Only downside of this week away is spending time with friends who a) don't have children and therefore have a disposable income b) have the time and inclination to shop for clothes and c) live in cities with lovely fab shops to but said lovely clothes! I have neither a or b which kind of makes me glad I don't have c to tempt me! Ah well - my sister told me my beautiful daughter is the only accessory I need - so shall drap her over me at all times!!
Argh stop playing on here and get on with sodding jobs!!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.