Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

38,481 to 38,500 of 43,606 messages
11/02/2014 at 20:24

Quick pop in to say scan went fine. Only one baby(!) and just over 11weeks so they did the nuchal fold -which I have googled and looks in normal range so as long as bloods ok I can stop worrying...! Due date 31st August! Had midwife too so been drained of blood (and my bp was very low 90/60 then I fainted during the third load of bloods, haven't done that in 15 yrs!). Hope all going well for Ttid.

11/02/2014 at 20:30

Yes juggling is so stressful, I'm lucky in that I don't have to do too much of it at the moment, due to not working much  but the French class on a Wed evening is a real headache for me and it's only been 2 weeks - 8 to go!  I don't think anyone can really appreciate how hard it is getting ready for work when you have kids to sort out as well, until they actually do it, never mind getting out of the door with everything you need and possibly everything the kids need if you are dropping them off first!  We are very lucky to have in-laws nearby, even though I was horrified when they said they wanted to move to Sheffield, somehow MIL is easier to manage when I only have to pick up kids and have the occasional cup of tea round there!

Sophie's not been well again this afternoon, says she's had a headache all day and complaining of tummyache.  She eventually fell asleep on the sofa at about 6.30pm and stirred enough for hubby to carry her upstairs to bed (very sweet!) at about 7.30pm.  I think I'll keep her off school tomorrow - she assured me she was fine this morning!  But it means missing her beloved Spanish and gymnastics, although the latter makes life much easier for me getting to my French class!

And I've had a headache for a couple of days and hubby and I both have gurgly tummies and have had no tea...feel ok otherwise though!

11/02/2014 at 20:48

woooo - sonya. great news . not so good about the fainting tho!

oh dear to gurgly tummies

and yes to needing to get out of the house for work in the morning with everything you need, everything the kids need for school (drumsticks, packed lunches, waterbottles, reading books, homework, breaktime snacks, dinner money, filled in forms plus money - any or all of the above), and then what they need for after school clubs if you are picking them up straight from work and taking them somewhere -  including kit, snacks for child partaking to eat in car, food for child not partaking, distractions for child not partaking etc etc. and not to forget my own lunch and / or running kit. sometimes it's 3 trips to the car in the morning!

11/02/2014 at 20:56

Was hoping Sonya would come on before me. Ditto only 1 (phew!) but looks good. Due date 24 Aug so very close to Sonya. Max and Maggie were also very close I think.  Got nuchal scan on Thursday. 

11/02/2014 at 21:02

incidentally - i'm thinking of sleeping on the sofa until i can get my ear sorted properly. i need to be upright. if i so much as incline myself backwards, the ear pain is horrific. but sitting propped up on the sofa causes no pain at all. do you think i'm going to cause myself any damage doing this? the last two nights i have been in my bed with a mountain of pillows but it doesn't work. i'm not upright enough and i start slipping off them and then i end up waking in agony every 20 mins or so.

i have a maxfacs appt on monday but i doubt there will be a cure. if it is TMJ it's just one of those things.  i have been advised again by a GP not to try any NSAIDs at all. i was given co-codamol but it doesn't touch the pain. i have stopped taking it as it was just making me constipated and i was still in agony. literally the only relief i get is if i prop myself upright on the sofa and sleep there.

does this sound like a bad idea?

11/02/2014 at 21:03

yipppeeee Ttid! Great news ))

11/02/2014 at 21:06

Ow CM, sorry your ear isn't really getting better.  If you can get some sleep on the sofa then I'd do it - better than pain and no sleep!

Congrats on the scans TT and Sonya - very exciting!

11/02/2014 at 21:11

i have made an appt with the osteopath tomorrow. i'm figuring it's a joint and it could be inflamed because things are out of line. if that was anywhere else in my body, i'd see the osteopath, so i may be clutching at straws somewhat, but i'm seeing mine tomorrow. i'll do anything to be honest. the pain is just excrutiating. it now seems to be pretty much only at night (and all night if i try lying down) and when i eat or drink. so it probably is jaw. it was there all the time and worse when i went out in the cold so perhaps i did have an ear infection as well. who knows. anyway - i'm hoping the osteo will be able to do something

11/02/2014 at 21:30
Don't think sleeping sitting up will cause any problems short term CM, osteopath sounds like good idea. Do you grind ur teeth at night? Just wondering as it is common cause of TMJ and something that tends to increase with stress, certainly in my case. If so maybe a gum shield from dentist would help or b good idea to stop reoccurrence once it's treated.
11/02/2014 at 21:52

Yay to baby news....so which school year will he/she come in sonya........??  

nice to hear from you MM.  

Sleep!

11/02/2014 at 21:55

Tomorrow we have one of the after school club walking the kids home and putting them to bed for me.   yet more money!  Plus although shE's babysat before she's never walked them home and done the whole bed thing so it means me leaving notes, leaving things out etc etc.  plus when I finally get home tomorrow I have to decorate the cupcakes I made today for the cake sale as I didn't have enough icing sugar to do it today. just what I won't feel like doing at 9pm tomorrow night!!

11/02/2014 at 21:56

JT - i did look at the trains from rogerstone. there is quite a walk from the other end to get to the uni, i think. i don't mind, but it's all about how long it takes. will have to look into it. interestingly, i was looking at all the other routes into cardiff today. wondering if i could go the lighthouse road from duffryn (!) if it's not flooded. but i think duffryn roundabout by ONS would be hellish at that time of day.

i'll have to do some investigating.

oh dear to poorly boys. we have been very lucky this year so far. i'm wondering if J has worms. he says his bum itches but only randomly. i can't see anything. i mentioned it to T and he said it wouldn't be worms as they are really rare and how would he have caught them? errrr - i hardly think they are rare. since T is in denial, i shall treat us all at the weekend and blitz the house and bedding too just in case. i'm not sure but i don't want to take the risk!

11/02/2014 at 22:40

JT - I'm applying for a permanent job so fingers crossed, although that then leaves issues with continuing this job as well...!

11/02/2014 at 22:43

On and TT - no I don't grind my teeth. Neither T (who complained at every movement and sound I made in the night) nor N (who is a hell of a lot more tolerant) has ever said I grind my teeth. I have double and triple checked with N and he definitely says no!

11/02/2014 at 22:51

X posts Sonya and TT - congrats to you both, great news!

11/02/2014 at 22:58

Quick bedtime post from me to say congrats to Sonya and TTid. Lovely news all is ok. So pleased for you both! Hope you got nice photos. 

Grrrr to ongoing pain CM. Hope osteo can sort it. Argh - new page so cannot remember it all - cupcakes sound yum Caro (typically I remember the bit about food!!) waves to everyone. Then zzzzzzzzz

11/02/2014 at 23:17

Yay Ttid and sonya! Night night all! 

11/02/2014 at 23:47

Osteo sounds like a good idea CM, I definitely know that feeling when you are so desperate to resolve pain that you will try anything!!

Hooray to good news from both scans!!!

Been working like a demon this morning - no time for procrastination today! Sadly I haven't touched the thing I have been putting off - will have to come tomorrow I think ah well!

12/02/2014 at 06:33

It didn't work. Sob. pain from 2am. 

12/02/2014 at 08:36

Oh loads of posts. Will be back later for proper catch up but great news Sonya and TT.

Quick reply for MM - I have the UltrAspire Surge which is very comfy Can't fit a lot of kit in it  but big enough for bladder, food, maps, torches, and other small bits of kit. I have heard a lot of good things about the Ultimate Direction SJ pack. Think that works with bottles rather than bladder, but maybe ok for bladder too. Look at ultramarathon running store online. JAckets, depends ont he weather conditions, you might not even need on e in summer.  I hate them but I do have a Ronhill vision storm which did the job well on the 100 miler. Not rustly and has taped seams which I think is important for ultras, the ronhill trail tempest gets good reviews, montane minimus seems popular for ultrarunners and someone was raving about these on a fb group http://www.likeys.com/acatalog/Marmot-Super-Mica-Jacket--912.html

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.