Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

38,541 to 38,560 of 45,436 messages
13/04/2013 at 12:08
looking fab Camlo
13/04/2013 at 13:17
Snap EF I had a sinus infection when I was pregnant too, horrible, horrible, and a constant supply of lactulose too! The joys!

Took Martha swimming today for the first time since she was a baby, they will be starting lessons at school so I thought we should make sure she isn't going to freak out plus I am trying to organise some other lessons too so she is confident about it!
13/04/2013 at 18:38
Yay to dress rehearsal Camlo! And to swimming Kinsey. Ouch to sinus infection EF. Sounds grim. Your pregnancy/birth plan sounds sensible too. I have my consultant appt at 20 weeks cos they have said I'm a high obstetric risk..... E had shoulder dystocia which I had never heard of, but I gather is quite a bad thing. Every time I mention it people say "oh, OBEM had a birth with that." I don't watch it and won't now for obvious reasons. It was bad, right?! Should I be insisting on a c section next time? Apparently rate of recurrence is high and E wasn't a big baby, only a bit over 7lbs.

Hope everyone is having good weekends. Can't remember much else - will read back. Camlo, did u sort out how to get to start from black friars?
13/04/2013 at 19:10
Oh I'd def be thinking of a section Brookie. Shoulder distocia really scary and can be v bad news. Friends had a double shoulder distocia and they got treated like royalty when they went back for section for no 2. They were greeted with "oh YOU'RE the ones!". Was very close thing for wee eleanor and not exactly great for rhiannon either. If I were you I wld certainly be asking lots of questions.

Bought wallpaper for the hall today - only room apart from nursery that we haven't decorated. Accidentally wandered into t k maxx after and bought fab across the body osprey handbag in purple. Only ??40 and smells amazing. Justifying it as having massive handbag clear out and really do need an across body one for latter preg and post baby as I need hands free honest.
13/04/2013 at 19:15
I think my boobs have grown again. Seem to be bursting out my bras. Argh.
13/04/2013 at 19:16
Ps camlo loved pics
13/04/2013 at 21:15
I see on fb that CC has bashed a 20 miler out - fab!
Brookie- spent last night studying London maps and train routes. Think I either need to walk to London bridge (close enough??) and get on the train there, or perhaps look into the river taxi???? at the moment I am thinking I shall walk out of the hotel (fleet st) and just follow everyone else!
I think after any 'problem' delivery they would want to make sure any risks were minimised. Did you deliver E ok or did you end up with a csection?
EF - stop bragging..... my boobs are like my grandads testicles without the hair....
13/04/2013 at 21:38
What a picture camlo!! Oh it's not bragging when they're huge veiny and sagging!!

V poor return in tonight's handbag cull. Just 6 Canadian cents! Suspect I culled not so long ago but pleased that I am now down to one box and most of those are dress handbags that I keep for weddings and other dos.
13/04/2013 at 21:39
oh dear lord Camlo lol
13/04/2013 at 21:45

Camlo you look nothing like I imagined!  Maybe it's the red antennae!  So are you wearing them for the race?  Should make you easier to spot....what time do you reckon you'll be at mile 9?  

Lots of fun with steam trains today and I 'splashed out' on a £4.99 m and s fleece at the outlet centre.  Miserable, cold, rainy day.......

I am pretty certain I never saw my grandad's testicles.......mine are back to absolutely pathetic excuse for boobs, and the sad thing is I really cannot avoid the fact that I need some new bras and they will be AA probably!  

13/04/2013 at 22:23
defo wearing the deeley boppers, tried them today and they fit snugly so shouldn't irritate me and hopefully will make me easier to spot! I am going for 9mm so if though the start ok should be at mile 9 at 11:20 onwards.
Irony with getting new bras is that I actually needed a D cup just to scoop all the skin into..... blah if I won the lotto I would be straight into a clinic for new boobs and a face lift.
will have a stinking headache in the morning as drank the left over wine from last week and I am sure it is super strength.
13/04/2013 at 22:46
Ew to the testicles!!!!! Need to check out the hair on FB. Had mine trimmed today and it is super short. Don't think I would go back to long hair now, even though it was long for years. It is so easy to manage!

Oh EF, boo, sinus infections are the worst Hope you're better soon.

Thanks for all of the drink ideas My mum bought me some lemonade to try today and that seemed to quell the nausea, as well as making it easier to burp (!). This has to be a good thing as I am frightened that if i put too much effort into a burp it will be followed by something else! Sorry, definitely TMI
13/04/2013 at 22:58
Lol tatty. I burp all the time at the moment. It's ridiculous!

Well the antibiotics started making me feel really sick so have now stopped them. Sat in costa feeling like I was back at 12 weeks. Took advice from gp friend who kindly told me what she would do rather than what she'd give as advice! Stop and see how I am basically. Touch of a headache. Hmmm.
14/04/2013 at 19:26
where is everyone????
back to school tomorrow so just emptied their bags and found a lovely Easter card!
14/04/2013 at 19:30

Aw, so cute Camlo, Martha wrote me a lovely one this year!

14/04/2013 at 20:32
All out in the sunshine!
14/04/2013 at 20:36
Back to school here tomorrow also, boo to the morning shouting commencing again
Just had a bath, sitting with a wee glass of red now before bed!
Hahaha to the boobs conversation!!!! It's quite depressing how flat chested I am now! If I wear one of those cropped bra top thingies I look totally flat chested. Needs to be a padded bra.............
Yuk to the sinus infection EF & to feeling grotty with the antibiotics.
Did a MTB event today at Abriachan. Was part of the SXC series. Just did beginners so only 1 lap, that was enough though. Very muddy & technical in places, loads of slidy tree routes, yuk. I just ran with my bike, it was easier!
Doing a 30 day squat challenge, day 3 today, 60 squats!!!!
Ooooops just ate a twix.
Hope all the pregnancy sickness doesn't last long, it's grim.
There was a tick crawling on M's face after her bath, yuk. Must have come of me today as dragging my bike through heather to avoid some of the mud.
14/04/2013 at 21:06

getting v confused which conversations are about boobs and which are old mens testicles!!!

flat as pancakes, that's me ... thank god for padded bras, although the 30" back size is something of a pain to find suitable stuff in.

Lime flavoured fizzy water got me through both my pregnancies, that and the fruit-flavoured boiled sweets. I got the sinus infection after the arrival of Scarlett.

Hope you feel better soon though EF, nothing worse than being pregnant AND proper ill too  (())

Well done RF, sounds an 'interesting' bike today - were you not blown all over with the wind, although that seems to have been mainly this afternoon?

Loved the deely bopper pic Camlo and new hair-do is very cute

Am 'hurrah' to back to school tomorrow in some ways but not others, but definitely not looking forward to the morning shouting either!

Hubby biked yesterday morning so I took kids to forest on bikes, S has her new bike with 7 gears and she is so proud of it and biked up all the hills. Six miles all told. I foolishly wore my bike shoes for the clip-in pedals, NEVER again when biking with kids!!!! S stopped in a panic in front of me and one of my feet jammed in the pedal - big stack, nice puncture wound just under knee and a large (3 ") skinned and bruised area on outer thigh!

Very PMTish and really struggled to motivate myself to run yesterday afternoon but needed to get 20-miler out the way and figured my bruises would have ceased up proper today!! 3 hours 10 mins, fairly flat route with a couple of long slow climbs, soooooo dry under foot so lots of nasty dry sand to run in, blustery buffeting wind but nothing like today.

Pleased to not ache at all today, just bruised!

Rugby this morning, hubby departed this afternoon.

Lots of sunshine here since Thursday really but so windy there was a sand storm across the bay in the forest!!

14/04/2013 at 21:06

ouch to the squat challenge RF - that sounds hard core!!

14/04/2013 at 22:09
20miler for me too today, but took me a whopping 4hrs 9mins. Poured with rain for most of it + nearly slipped on my backside several times in the mud. Was quite a hilly route but managed to run the whole lot. Finally found a bra that doesn't leave me covered in friction burns all along my rib cage, one I bought in Lidl a couple of wks ago. Can't say the same for pants tho, got tender bits in creases at top of legs mainly cos I could feel the rain running dwn my bum, not good. In bed with a bottle of wine watching once upon a time now.

Looking forward to returning to normal routine tomorrow with nursery + school.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.