Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

38,541 to 38,560 of 43,664 messages
13/02/2014 at 21:02

we are really very lucky with our NHS. and my private nuchal scans didn't cost $600 either. can't remember how much. £100-ish i think

had call from T tonight asking me to pick kids up as he was stuck in a massive jam on the m4... he had left work at 4.40pm and at 5.40pm he was still on the motorway. i have all this to come... fortunately i was WFH today and popped down to get them. they were delighted. every time there is an accident on the M4 through newport, the whole of the town gets completely congested. everyone tries to come off and go through town and it's just a nightmare. there are loads of accidents on this section. there was one last week. one a couple of weeks before that. oh god - what have i just done?! i am going to have a much longer commute than T as well, as he works in Newport...

13/02/2014 at 21:35
I have just deleted my holiday related rant - re-read it and was way too self-indulgent. It's been a crap day, but compared to truly awful things it's not that bad, and we will hopefully still get away. Now just need some sleep!
Edited: 13/02/2014 at 22:44
13/02/2014 at 22:42

I really hope your parents are going to be there to meet you vixo!  Hope it's all good when you get there, but yes, nightmare!!  I am assuming the car wasnt drive able because computer said no??  So you couldn't just over ride it and go anyway in your car.......?  

Sleep due.  I even had a 20 min catnap today when Richard napped, it was good!

13/02/2014 at 22:43

How did auto correct change my son's name to Richard??

13/02/2014 at 22:46

oh Vixo what a nightmare. I bet you are still packing at the mo but hope you get it all sorted. Have a lovely time. 

Yay to accepting job CM. Sure it will be some

adjustment but doing a less stressful job you enjoy will be worth it. Funny to FB friend Caro. That really IS long time no see. Hope he's nice and not a weirdo! Hope nuchal scan ok TTid. Can't remember much else sorry. Our parkrun cancelled again this week. Shame. Went out on bike tonight and was freezing cold and cycling through flood water in the dark. Nearly went home but thought of RF on the Strathpuffer and told myself not to be such a big wimp!! Lotte I think your mileage is even more impressive gcen the weat her you mut have. 

Cant type aymore as arm dead from bf-ing on side so best to! 

13/02/2014 at 22:47
Sorry, x-post Caro! Yes, computer would have shut down the engine and not allowed it to re-start...which would have been bad! I assume override not possible. My parents will be there to off-load the children and provide wine, or let us sleep! Sorry, I deleted a long post for all of those who didn't read it, but caro obviously saw it before it went!
13/02/2014 at 22:48

Lol to autocorrect Caro!!! 

13/02/2014 at 22:49

Oh dear Vixo - missed the post but hope all works out ok.

Try not to project/catastrophise CM!! Getting stuck in traffic jams and being late home is better than making 5000 weird amendments into the night (or whatever mad thing it was that your current work were trying to make you do!)! All will be ok!

13/02/2014 at 22:49

And me! I think it was reasonable tkmaxx have a rant under the circstames. ? And isn't that what we are all here for? Feel free to offload an rant awah anytime ! 

13/02/2014 at 22:51
Haha that's ur story and ur sticking to it Caro
Does hubby know about this Richard guy ;0)
13/02/2014 at 22:51

Tkmaxx?????!!!!!

reasonable TO have a rant,,,,  can I rant about autocorrect now?! 

13/02/2014 at 23:11

It has gone very surreal on here!!

saw your post Vixo and hope you have a fab time in spite of all tis. Stress. N autocorrect going. Nuts here too!!

13/02/2014 at 23:18

Haha. I read your rant too Vixo,absolutely not a problem to offload on here. Hope you manage to get a good break despitesit all.  Decided to leave my autocorrect mistakes as they are so funny tonight. Lol at Richard, got to admit I did wonder

Scan was ok. They saw a nasal bone and also neck measurement was good so waiting for bloods for full combined result. 

Any of you out exercising in the weather I'm seeing in uk at moment deserve medals or sectioning. You are all so hard core!

14/02/2014 at 02:44

Glad scan was ok TTid. Great news

i went out for about 5 miles yesterday. Was struggle. But then as you can see I'm still not sleeping. Woken up again by the most hideous pain. Feels like head about to explode. Cocodamol does nothing. I am beyond sick of this now. 

14/02/2014 at 03:39
I'm awake too CM. Hope you've managed to get back to sleep. Our alarm going off in 20 minutes and I think I've managed to sleep for about 2 hours. Just hope I haven't disturbed hubby too much as I'll need to have some sleep in the car before driving!
14/02/2014 at 04:27

Hope drive is ok Vixo! You should have a fab hol I am sure. But I know well the stress of all the arrangements beforehand

dont think I'll be sleeping again tonight

Camlo    pirate
14/02/2014 at 08:05

hope you snatched some sleep CM, can you go back to maxo facial person? 

Yippee to scans, those managing to run and negotiating new job

Boo to car probs lotte and Vixo, weather and weather. 

Have one visit to do with work today about 50 miles away so hope i can get through the water and obv get back again. 

14/02/2014 at 10:39

hope you got there ok, camlo!

i saw GP this morning as i had about 2 hours sleep last night. the pain was unbelievable. worse than i had ever experienced. nothing relieved it - not sitting up with a hotwater bottle on it, not max strength co-codamol.

GP has prescribed naproxen and an anti-allergy tablet. have taken the naproxen and the anti-allergy tablet and can feel throat swelling already. haven't taken naproxen before but this is what ibuprofen does to me... cr4p

she also prescribed tramadol but told me it would probably wipe me out on top of the cocodamol. i'll go down that route tonight to get some sleep - hopefully

i am seeing maxfacs on Monday, camlo. saw ENT last week and he referred to maxfacs. i doubt they'll do anything though. probably send me back to dentist. i have googled (haha) therefore i know usual maxfacs response to TMJ disorder - which is 'it will go eventually'. (and there i go - predicting outcomes negatively again)

Edited: 14/02/2014 at 10:39
14/02/2014 at 14:36

thanks, JT. i know i'm panicking about it! it's just been so bad recently. two weeks ago on Tuesday it was stuffed due to an accident; then it was stuffed again yesterday! 

and i have to come off just before the tunnels, too, so it's even worse on that stretch. T tried to come off at j27 and go through town yesterday but that was all snarled up too.

i guess it's not the end of the world. kids will be with childminder. she isn't exactly going to be going anywhere - not like they are at school in an afterschool club. and if the worst comes to the worst, i can phone one of the local mums to pop up and pick kids up from childminder. will be one big adventure to them, i guess doesn't stop me fretting!

14/02/2014 at 14:47

As a childminder myself I always say to parents do not panic if u get stuck in traffic/bad weather, i would rather they got there half an hour late than didn't get there at all because they were rushing and got in an accident. If I need finished at a certain time for an appointment I will prewarn everyone so they can allow more time, but that is extremely rare. If I need to drop my own kids off somewhere and parent is held up I will text them and arrange either for me to drop their child off after my errand if they are back by then or go back to mine if they are still running late. Personally that is what a childminder is for, to be more flexible than an after-school club/nursery.

I imagine childminders who are not that accommodating have often had bad experiences with a parent who takes the mince, is late constantly and not for work or travel reasons. I have met childminders on courses who have had awful situations with parent who drink not turning up for their kids regularly. But fortunately I have been lucky. Did have one child whose Dad turned up 5 hours late for him, by which time i had phoned his Mum at her work and she came and collected him. Dad claimed he had gotten lost, neither me nor the Mum believed that one, he had been visiting friends and had forgotten all about picking him up. But only thing that bothered me about that was I was worried sick about the man and his wife had to leave her work and be worried sick about him too, I was thinking he had been in a car accident.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.