Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

38,581 to 38,600 of 46,065 messages
15/04/2013 at 21:09
Two dead, 22 injured.
15/04/2013 at 21:12

That's awful - so sorry cross posts Caro, I had no idea.  Glad your sis is ok but awful that some have died.

15/04/2013 at 21:26
Thank god Caro. This is hideous.
15/04/2013 at 21:46

The word awful just doesn't do it justice does it?  Hideous is more effective.  Where is your sister staying Caro?

15/04/2013 at 21:47
Got my cup of tea now! Need bed I think, rather than hearing it over and over on news 24
15/04/2013 at 21:51
In her house in Rhode Island. She got a bus up this morning, presumably going back today, not staying over. I presume she's back at work tomorrow in Virginia, so at some point she needs to fly back there.
15/04/2013 at 22:07
Just heard she's on the bus. Suddenly got about five e mails from her that she sent hours ago.
15/04/2013 at 22:30
Phew, so glad she is ok Caro, I only just saw what had happened.
15/04/2013 at 22:43

SO glad to hear she is ok Caro - must have been so scary for you! Remembering those frantic few ours after the London bombs waiting to hear that everyone I knew was ok.

We have had an amazing week away - should be working now but my mind not fully back in work mode!!! I am so glad I went over erly - it was wonderful to spend so much time with my lovely friend and her family. Matilda was an absolute angel!! EVeryone now things she is a model child (hahahaha) but she did so well. The wedding was beautiful - Matilda couldn't handle mummy being up the front (she hadn't seen me all day) so I ended up holding her through all the ceremony as I suspect she would have howled otherwise! Had to try and keep her quiet during the vows though! Anyway wonderful time catching up, yummy food (and wine - it was at a super fancy winery!), and lots of laughs!

No work dramas while I was away which is a big relief (although got a speeding ticket in my work car while I was driving to my friends baby's funeral - crap but who cares really! I am so conscious of not speeding ever esp in work car so clearly my mind was not on the game!

Not much time to read back but I hope spring has finally arrived?

15/04/2013 at 22:56

Christ Caro!  Just come on here and seen your comments ... have been pilates planning all evenign and not had news or radio on. How awful, so glad to hear she is OK, well physically anyway, but just horrible.

Agree with others that London is not a place I would especially want to be this week - too many horrible people out there with hidden agendas

JG - am no expert at all, but I guess between most of us on here we could probably write some sort of guide on SI joint problems and recovery!!!  Did she say you could run on it? I know when mine packed up big time (after having J), I was banned completely from running for six weeks, was allowed to bike as much as I wanted. At this point I could barely walk for shooting pains through my whole pelvis and the nagging ache in my back.  I then went through a trip a week to the chiro and some ever-increasing exercises provided by the rehab guy to get my glutes working properly and stopping the hamstrings from taking over.  Since I've started teaching pilates (fingers x-ed, touching wood) I haven't had probs (just my ankles now!) as I guess core is stronger but still need to work on glutes. Whenever I feel a niggle coming on I reach straight away for the notes. Tennis ball in the butt area works a treat too - all around it but especially along the area just below the bony bit.

Wedding and time away sounds lovely HOggle, and yes, our darlings are often models of behaviour unless at home with us!! Bugger to the speeding fine though, but yes, definitely last thing on your mind.

15/04/2013 at 23:08

Yeah he said run on it but to be fair I haven't run much since I started going, so maybe he'll have different advice this week.  The physio/pilates instructor I know has recommended a physio if the osteo is not working.  I tried a tennis ball but to be honest I didn't really know what I was doing and was worried I'd make it worse!  It doesn't hurt at all until I've run a few miles, and yesterday it felt more of an ache to the outside of my butt rather than tightness in my hamstring, which it has previously, but today the stiffness is the same as usual.  I did just read that SI problems can be caused by difference in leg length, which I have always thought I have.  Don't know if orthotics are going to be the answer?

Must go to bed now, been glued to the news all evening, not really planned my lessons for tomorrow, oops...

16/04/2013 at 02:16
So. My night got even worse. Got up to go for shower and thought I had wet myself only to discover blood pouring from me. Phoned hosp and ambulanced in to ERI. I'm ok. Baby ok. Fecking miracle as I soaked through 4 bath sheets and two pairs if trousers which I just grabbed to mop up. Now in labour ward at ERI and hoping to go to a ward tomorrow. Bleeding has stopped. I've got two lines into me though and I'm to stay in for several days apparently. They think it's a bit of placenta as mine is low lying.

Bad night all round really.
16/04/2013 at 06:55
Keep us posted EF. Thinking of you.
16/04/2013 at 08:15
Oh no Ef. Hope all is well this morning.

Glad your sis ok caro. Absolutely shocking stuff. What is wrong with people? Although as lots of people say, it is only a small minority of sickos. Most of the people in the video I saw were running towards the blasts to help. Kind of reassures your faith in mankind a little.

Not really been posting as been reading on phone. We got out first choice school for leila. A really lovely school with only 100 children in windsor great park. So really pleased about that.

Last day of Easter hols today. Back to normal preschool routine. I need to get some course work done! Been managing to run, I'm up to 6 miles but still a bit off pace... But not had time to do work and run. Glad I have my priorities in order!!
16/04/2013 at 08:26
EF - thinking of you and keeping all fingers crossed that everything stays ok.

Caro - glad to hear your sister is ok. What awful events.
16/04/2013 at 08:39

Oh no EF, thinking of you too and hoping all well. xx

16/04/2013 at 08:46
Hell EF that must have been terrifying for you!! Glad you are in the right place now and hope everything is ok! Take care!!
16/04/2013 at 09:11

OMG what an awful night. So glad you are OK EF, was terrified for you when I read your post. take it easy please.

And so glad your sis is OK. I can't quite believe anyone would do that to a marathon race. All those kids watching parents. I can't quite believe it. Am rather worried now about my family coming to watch me??  I am sure it will be OK but its playing on mind somewhat, along with that 8 yr old boy who died .

On a different note. CM if you are reading or JT. I have just claimed a family voucher for Caldicot castle on 5th May on Groupon. Wondered if you fancied it? Its valid for 3 more days.

16/04/2013 at 10:04
EF - that must have been terrifying. Glad all is ok. Hang on in there Little Flump, we're all dying to meet you but not until full term please.

Caro, can't imagine what you went through while waiting to hear about your sister. So glad she is safe and well. What kind of sickos target a sporting event like that? I really hope they find out who is behind it before Sunday as if it is a home-grown US thing then at least those of you running in London can get some comfort that there will be no danger there.

Os did well tonight, from about 8:00 to 4:30, just need to work on pushing back that last feed. Unfortunately though Max got up in the middle of the night and got into bed with us. Wouldn't have been a problem if he went off to sleep but he was fidgety and kept us awake. I took him back to bed and had just nodded off when he came in again saying he wanted a cuddle from Daddy. We sent him back to bed which was absolutely heartbreaking to hear him wailing 'I want a cuddle with Daddy' as he walked back to his room
16/04/2013 at 10:07
One of my friends went into hospital yesterday to be induced. She must be about 39-40 weeks I think but has had terrible PUPPPS (I think they call it PEPS in uk?). Still waiting to hear but as of about 7:00 last night she was still waiting. Can't wait to meet the little fella!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.