Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

38,601 to 38,620 of 46,335 messages
16/04/2013 at 10:22

EF ((   )))  Glad you and baby both OK though.  Have texted you and Andy to say if theres anything I can do to help out just give me a shout. Happy to have Lou, come look after her at yours, come visit if you're in ERI for few days, etc etc.  Thinking of you all - hugs.

16/04/2013 at 10:30

Oh EF hope you are ok, havn't been on here until now.  Fingers crossed everything is ok, how many weeks left?  One of my June mum's from last year had a lot of bleeding and gave birth early but Thomas is a bouncing boy now despite being I think 8 weeks before due date.  

16/04/2013 at 10:52

oh EF - i do hope all is well. you poor love. what an absolute shock for you.

terrible news from boston - can't take it in really

i'm afraid i don't have the kids that sunday, MM. i'm in the dales on a walking weekend with N and his friends that weekend anyway. would have been good otherwise. caldicot castle is lovely.

16/04/2013 at 11:07

Likewise, my good friend down South had lots of bleeding from five months in to the end. It became a standing joke on a Friday eve that I would get a call from her ... something along the lines of 'guess where I am' 'oh, that'll be St Peters then?' ... when he eventually arrived, several days late, it was a Friday of course!!!  Anyway, hope baby Flump continues to stay put and stay well.

So many worrying tales at the moment ... my mum just called to say that my cousins little boy, three weeks old, has got to go in for chemotherapy  ... he was born with a large strawberry mark on his lip, but lumps came up all over his body ... and it's melanoma ... cannot imagine a lad that wee going through chemo, he's already had an MRI and several general anasthetics too.  such a horrible horrible time for my cousin and his wife too. Was just about to send off package with card and a couple of small presents too - bit undecided what to do ...

I think if I was down to run London at the weekend I would still do it - if we back down they have succeeded. 

Three miles done on dreadmill this morning, hopefully another 3-4 later. Pilates class No. 1 taught, off for quick cuppa with a friend before more jobs ...

16/04/2013 at 11:26
Oh cc your poor friends that's awful.

I'm ok. It just happened so soon on the back of Paul and Alanna that I immediately thought that's it. Not least because it was literally pouring out of me. Anyway it's stopped now. Scan at 12.05 - more detailed one on better equipment downstairs and they will see what they can see. Last night they said it looks like the placental wall or was it ledge and thought they cld see a haematoma there. Baby heartbeat still strong and he's bouncing around too.
16/04/2013 at 11:30

CC - that is so sad, I hope they are able to do something. 

16/04/2013 at 11:50
'he' EF? Is that a clue for us??!! Hope all looks ok on the scan, and you can get home soon.....but enjoy the rest while you're there!

Still can't get O to take a bottle. I've been trying virtually daily and am running out of time and options! I've ordered a couple of cartons of formula to be delivered with our shopping today to see if she's interested, but after that I'm all out of ideas. She's certainly a stubborn little madam!
16/04/2013 at 14:05

Gosh I had no idea you could be born with melanoma.

Hope scan was ok EF.

Oh dear Vixo.....starvation?  Bit harsh I know.........

So my sister was in a bar a couple of blocks away from the finish line, and heard nothing.  Then a waitress came and told them and the tvs were turned on, and they stayed there till they were evacuated.  Fortinately she was already booked on a bus to leave so I think it was all quite straightforward.

Just heard some Boston reporter interviewed on radio 4.  Apparently the little boy who died had just seen his dad, who was running.  He'd run up to him and given him a hug, then his dad ran on to collect bags etc, and the boy went back to his mum.  He died, his sister lost a leg and his mum was seriously hurt.  

16/04/2013 at 14:21

OMG that breaks my heart!

16/04/2013 at 14:28

No words to describe, just horrific, and as MM says, utterly heartbreaking

16/04/2013 at 15:26
Oh god that's just heartbreaking.
16/04/2013 at 15:40
Scan as good as poss. Am now randomly on a ward with two folk getting waters broken, neither speak English. Other lady has had her baby who is screaming just now. The bleed seems to be from haematoma and is still a small one there so may well bleed again or if lucky it will re absorb. It is however sitting on top of cervix right next to placenta which is further over cervix than suggested at 20 wk. if doesn't move then it's a definite c section. Whatever. I don't care, I just want to not have to go in an ambulance again!!
16/04/2013 at 18:21
Vixo - what about you go out and someone else tries bottle?
16/04/2013 at 18:37

I'm guessing she's tried that.......

I'm always amazed by the fact that they put women with potential complications with women who are cuddling newborn babies.  Seems a bit unfair.  Even if you have to stay in bed for the next 3 months EF, it will be worth it!  Didn't Vixo have a haematoma with O?  Not sure if she had bleeding though.

So I have an appt next Mon with the Osteo my friends have recommended.   £80 for a first hr long appt......I am trying not to think about that part!!  Then I have an appt with my gp the following Mon just incase she can suggest something else, or the osteo thinks I should see anyone else.  Am back on the non steroidals, and I haven't had to take them for months.

16/04/2013 at 18:54

oh no Caro, I'd kind of assumed your back problem was slowly improving. Ouch to £80, here it's £50 for first appt and then £40 thereafter. I always try and tie my problems in with whatever it was I first saw her about, so she doesn't suggest a complete reassessment!!!

... and no, I didn't know that about Melanoma either, but then I think my other friends son (the 15-year-old who now has multiple tumours everywhere) was first diagnosed as a toddler so I don't know how long that had been there. Oh it's a grim time at the moment isn't it?

EF - that sounds a bit grim re the ward arrangements, although can remember when I had J, there were c-section women in with us as their ward was full!!!  Agree with others though, just try and make the best of resting and keeping baby flump where IT? belongs ...

Vixo - what a bugger re the feeding!!! I guess starvation is the next step!!?

I feel like I have sand and dirt in my ears, eyes, mouth, everywhere!!! Is incredible. We need some rain to damp all this stuff down - think we get that aplenty tomorrow.

Second run done today, 4.5 so just shy of 8 for the day ... glad it was on the treadmill though, don't think I'd have been upright otherwise.

Right, best start the bedtime battles before pilates class no. 2

16/04/2013 at 18:58
Oh Caro that's rubbish. Hope this appt sets you off to recovery. I think vixo you shld just go and sing! My friend's wee girl refused bottle but when Becca's mum died I took her all day and gave her my expressed milk in a bottle and she took it. She seemed to know it was only option!
16/04/2013 at 20:27

EF - hope you are ok in there. is the food any good? can you get donuts?

i have had a right wobble this afternoon about work. sarcastic comments from male, ex-military 'solution directors' (whatever on of those is) about how there can't be any trains running out of wales before 9 o'clock in the morning if i'm not planning on getting into the office until nearly lunchtime didn't help. the word 'children' is a swear-word and they frankly don't care. i am feeling guilty about working the extra day, and stressed because E now has to go to the day nursery on the tuesday, and i really didn't need to hear how disappointed they were that i couldn't be in london today and wasn't going to get down until nearly lunchtime tomorrow. but in the grand scheme of things, i know it's nothing. just me being a bit pathetic.

16/04/2013 at 20:55
Ignore him CM. he's just lucky he never had to think about these things.

Food is bloody awful. Tiny bowl of rice crispies for breakfast then I ordered soup and sandwich for lunch but lunch served at 12 and scan was 12.05 so they didn't deliver lunch and had to beg a sandwich. Dinner was a tiny portion of tuna and pasta bake with a few carrots. The sticky toffee pudd was ok tho esp drowned in custard. Luckily Andy brought me a ton of fresh berries this am plus fruit juice and we shared some sweets and crisps. Mum and dad came by tonight with a banana and some choc and ribena.

Haven't had any observations done for a while now. I guess I shld ask about the steroid injection too. Gasping on cup of tea but feel bad asking for one. I have had one canula removed tho not the really sore one boo.

Two women now out our room but worried will get middle of the night newborns now! Other woman starting to moan from her contractions.

Right I will read for 20 mins and then call to see about steroids.
16/04/2013 at 21:00
As if by magic- the tea and toast round
16/04/2013 at 21:45

Big hugs needed all round I think!

Caro - I didn't know that it was a child that had died and that his family were badly injured as well. That is just so cruel. Also feel your pain re. expensive treatment options!! I would hate to think of what I have spent on hip/back/knee over the years! Hope it helps though!

CC - how awful for your friend. I guess they have spotted it as early as they could really but chemo on such a wee one seems so scary. Matilda has a strawberry birth mark in her groin but seems to be fading slightly and I have always been grateful as they are more commonly on the face.

JT - glad the funeral went well, alwys so sad though. My mum gets the same thing at work - pairing up with the weak/poor member of staff as she is so goo (they seem to forget that she's 64 and could do with lightening her load not the reverse!). Hope somehow it doesn't come off!

Vixo - no suggestions but really hope you can get to your singing. I'm inclined to go with Caro's suggestion - just go and she will sort herself out (harsh?! but Mummy needs time too!)

EF - so glad that things have calmed down for you. Always reassuring to feel them kicking away in there. I hope you get some sugar loaded treats soon and are able to rest up!!

Well out endless summer has finally ended and we have rain rain rain! A bit of a shock after the driest summer on record!!! Must say I am looking forward to a change in season though! And all the nice winter stews etc. We have just bought a slow cooker so will need to pinch some of your recipes as I know several of you have them!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.