Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

38,781 to 38,800 of 45,767 messages
24/04/2013 at 21:46
Wish I was a wifey who could spend my days having waxes and going shopping. He's a fanny CM.
24/04/2013 at 21:49

EF -

24/04/2013 at 22:22

I guess I could spend some of my time having waxes and going shopping ... nah, perhaps not!!

Seriously though, there are plenty of those types about, a few reside in my husbands company and he has to 'work' with them sometimes

Ouchy ouchy to the foot MM - that sounds a cracker!! Love the sounds of your days in London though. My kids are desperate to do some London stuff so need a plan of sorts for the summer. Is difficult cos there are a few things we want to do and people to see as well but can't spend the whole summer down South ...

When do you start your job MM?

Yeuch to those shifts RF, and respect to the workouts ... did my 10-miler this morning and have waved my arms around whilst talking people through various moves!!  We have the wind too, was better this morning but back now so air full of dirt and sand AGAIN. No rain though ... yet ... think wind is here to stay for the mo

Rather shocked tonight to hear that where I was running today, someone fell of the cliff into the gorge the other day and has subsequently died!!  ... not in the nationals but in the Press and Journal so need to check it out. Am not surprised though, massive drops off edge into river below with only token bits of fencing.  Might explain why suddenly lots of proper trail signage is being put in place AWAY from the dangerous bits!

Edited: 24/04/2013 at 22:22
25/04/2013 at 03:09
Snigger, EF said 'fanny', snigger!! Great use of the word EF.

CM, I was going to say that there's just one word for your colleague, w@nker, but then thought of so many more - tw@t, c0ck.....
25/04/2013 at 10:17
lol, fanny is a well used word in Scotland, in fact there is an irn bru ad that plays on that fact. Did make me laugh seeing it in writing tho.
25/04/2013 at 13:21
I've seen that tt it's hilarious. It's on you tube if anyone wants a giggle. I use the word a lot to describe my fellow solicitors! And judges.....

Mm owww to foot.
25/04/2013 at 13:40
LOL guys. CM nightmare that you have to work with that guy, but at least the subsequent posts have made us smile! So much grim news at the mo it's good to laugh!
25/04/2013 at 14:06

off to youtube the irn bru advert!

25/04/2013 at 14:22
In the Enid Blyton Faraway Tree books there used to be a Fanny, but in the modern versions she is Franny!
25/04/2013 at 14:22

Loving this no running lark!!  Am getting so much done and sorted. So much space in my head, its fab!! Maybe I'll just quit!!

Errr no. I am sure I'll be desperate to run this time next week but for now am loving it. Spent a lovely morning with some fellow runners drinking coffee and eating cake, was so lovelt to just sit and chat with no agenda. I do have stuff to get done today but it doesn't matter if I don't get the floor cleaned. So nice to spend sometime being sociable, lots of phone calls and chats over coffee. Loving it .

Foot is feeling less swollen but blister is still huge and painful to walk on. Not going to pop it though given its infected. Will be leaving be for now!!

Trying to sort out childcare as start job on 8th May. Am very excited but slightly worried I picked the wrong job. Am sure once I get into it though it will be OK.

LOL to advert, very funny!!

Have you decided Minks what you're doing yet? I am focussing on the cotswold relays in June. I have another hard leg of 12.5 miles. Then going to start mara training and enter one later in the summer.

Right best get on...

25/04/2013 at 15:40

you are the wifey that lunches and chats then, MM. it's all your fault

vile day again. really SICK of being bullied and bossed around. i have started glaring at him. by the end of the day i will snap, i think.

25/04/2013 at 16:28

i am now shaking my head as well as glaring. he has noticed.  the clock is ticking now. i suspect explosion to be imminent...

25/04/2013 at 16:57

... but you will be the calm collected one CM - right?

MM - good for you, definitely in order so enjoy whilst you are able to.  I can never resist blister popping - something deeply satisfying (OK I'm wierd, but then we know that!), although appreciate with it being infected probably best to leave alone, but full blisters are just so painful to walk on.

Not long re the job then, am sure it will be fine but at least with it being a contract at the mo, you have a get-out clause.

So MM - seeing as I guess it might be local(ish) to you, what is the Cotswold Way like? Looking at the Cotswold Way ultra for Sept if I can sort it. Starts in Chipping Sodbury (I think) and finishes in Bath. 103 miles.

8.5 miles for me this morning on coastal path. Managed to get it in before the wind picked up and no rain either. Legs feeling the hills from yesterday a bit.  20 tomorrow hopefully - eek!

25/04/2013 at 17:01

Maybe you should snap, CM - he needs to learn somehow that he can't go around treating people like that.  What a t0sser.

MM, that sounds absolutely horrific about your foot - no wonder you struggled towards the end of the marathon!  And I don't know how you walked around London for two whole days afterwards either!  Ouch!  Glad you're getting some treatment now and enjoying the break from running.

Exciting about the job; really hope you don't feel that you made the wrong choice - hard when two offers come along at once!  Why did you pick the one you did over the other one?  Focus on that as you would have had a reason.  What hours will you be doing and will you have to change your childcare arrangements?  Do you have to travel far?

Not decided yet what I'm doing.  I think if I enter another marathon, it will be soon and I will take Matchstick Man's advice (thanks for mentioning that thread, Caro, I found it and it's really good reading for me as his situation was virtually the same as mine except he managed to get round whereas I didn't) and will tell no-one except hubby until afterwards   I think I need to take the pressure off myself.

25/04/2013 at 17:25

sounds good to me Minks, definitely NO PRESSURE required.

25/04/2013 at 17:33
CM, some more words spring to mind; kn0b, a$$hole, turd...

Am slightly panicking. We have 3 1/2 weeks until we complete on our house and are hoping to buy some land to eventually build on. We have had our offer accepted and have 45 days to do our due diligence. We had been thinking we could put a prefab on the land very quickly to live in while we save up and slowly build but decided yesterday to commit to 6 months in rental to take the pressure off. Went to look at 2 rental houses this morning and came out with the overriding thought "OMG what have we done?". Our house is lovely, we completely renovated it and everything is as we wanted it. One of the houses is just down the street so would be easy to move into but very tired and $300 more per month than in the realtor's web page ('we just noticed that yesterday'). The other one is further away in a bit of a redneck road, newly refurbished to a much lower standard than our place and even more per month. The land is in our dream location and just about affordable. Shit shit shit, don't know what to do. Oh yes, the realtor said both owners would want a minimum 1 year contract too. I'd forgotten how much I hated the restraints of being in rented accom.

Sorry so me me me but needed to vent. I'm sure no one will but please don't mention on fb as we are not telling everyone our plans just yet.
25/04/2013 at 17:35
Oh and to cap it all, after we both felt bad earlier in the week but decided we had dodged the d&v going around, I was woken up at 2:30 last night to the delightful sounds of Mr TT being sick. . He's at home in bed now and I am sitting at work feeling like a ticking time bomb!
25/04/2013 at 17:38
MM - maybe you should take 6 months out of your really competitive running and just run for enjoyment, and give yourself a bit of headspace. It's probably perfect timing with your new job starting - let running actually be your leisure activity, rather than the chore it sounds a little as though it's become!

Minks - do it! Use all that great training and run! Hope your hubby is feeling better. It sounds as though I had something a bit similar to him, but not nearly as badly. I'm all fixed now, but had a pretty torrid couple of days - now keeping everything crossed that I don't end up with 3 children all with diarrhoea!

I think most of you saw on Facebook, but I made it to London and the day and the concert were great. My husband survived, as did all the children(!), and when I got back all was calm and they were all fast asleep. I don't think O drank much milk, but she did take some and didn't spend all day crying, so I'm calling it a success! And since he managed so well this time I've told him I won't worry at all about leaving him with them all again
25/04/2013 at 19:12

Just a quick note for the London ladies - they opened the applications today for the Olympic Anniversary race in Stratford in July. Couldn't miss the chance to run on the track in the Olympic Stadium so have got myself a place. It's on a first come first served basis though so if anybody else wants to run it you'd better apply quickly; www.nationallotteryrun.com

25/04/2013 at 19:19

That would be so fun......boo.  No point in running before I can walk so to speak.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.