Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

38,821 to 38,840 of 47,543 messages
25/01/2013 at 05:41
I agree with you all - mad not to like cake!! And yes pretty much all forms MM! Problem is it means if I bake I know when I'm doing it that I will be eating the lot - fine until you look at the quantities sugar etc!
Ohhhh exciting re. Filming JG. Wish I could see it!

Exhausting hearing all the after school activities! We start swimming in a couple of weeks. So important here to have a bit of water safety / confidence!

We've had a lovely birthday for hubby! Lovely weather so down to beach to swim. He has done well trading the middle of winter for summer for his birthday.

Good luck JG - and Camlo were you doing something mad this weekend too?
Yay EF re. No news from scan - gotta be good!!
25/01/2013 at 07:57
Did anyone watch great British bake of for comic relief last night, was very funny. Claudia Winkilman (sp?) was hilarious making a lemon meringue pie!
Another disturbed sleep, R up wanting to get into bed with us and C complaining of a sore tummy again.i feel sick this morning but think its cos I'm tired. R coughing and wheezy so that'll be a whole week of school for her and 4 days for C. Think half the school is of, considering there are only 13 pupils!!
2 degrees this morning, maybe the ice n the trails will melt and my expensive ice tyres will not be required, ahhhhhhhhhhh no!!!!!!
Apparently you can watch the progress of the puffer via a web site, will put the address below.............will give u something to giggle at when I'm miles behind the other girl. She is amazing though and flys by me and can do all the technical stuff. She'll prob do between 18-20 laps I would think! Wow. I would LUV to do 10 but really don't know how I'll cope.
Ah hoggle that does sound a lovely birthday down the beach, ah dreaming of blue skies and warm sun now.................
Good news EF re downs risk x
25/01/2013 at 07:59
http://www.sportident.co.uk/
25/01/2013 at 08:25
Aw wish I could meet Hugh Jackman.

I am reading a book called the child whisperer right now, sounds like a lot of you could benefit from reading it too. Only just started reading it so can't say if good or not, but it basically sorts kids into 4 personality types + explains how to work with ur child's personality rather than fighting against it all the time. Cam is definitely a type 1. Very interesting so far.

CM- glad calf is easing off a bit, fingers crossed it continues to mend as quickly as has done so far. I know when I tore my quad it was flaming painful + I had never realised until then just how much u use your quad muscle for pretty much every movement.
25/01/2013 at 08:28
I want the recipe for that bee hive cake off comic relief bake off, would like to make it for Camryn's birthday in May.
25/01/2013 at 08:46

Is it by author of the baby whisperer TT? I can remember reading that when J was a baby and I found it interesting. Took some of the stuff and left other stuff.

Hugh Jackman - hmmmmmmmm, oh yes please!

Will be checking out that link RF. One lap at a time and just keep on going!!!  One of our local schools, which has just 35 kids in it, had 20% off earlier this week with the temperature/cough/cold thing!

Ice on my heel last night and think things are improving ...

Birthday on the beach sounds fabulous - my bday in middle of June used to be like that as a kid - down to Studland beach for the day with a couple of friends, day on the beach/in/sea/exploring and then bbq before coming home. Oh those long hot days of the 70s!

Snow all melted here this morning

Edited: 25/01/2013 at 08:46
25/01/2013 at 09:12
No different person from baby whisperer, loved her too tho, but she died from skin cancer a few yrs back

We have our 1st proper snow Woohoo, only a couple of inches tho + expecting another couple over the course of the day, so not too bad. Should still manage my 4 mile run this aft without resorting to treadmill. Loving my new coat tho, just stuck on my running stuff 1st thing + did school run in my ankle length coat + snow boots. Will b fab for days where I have longer run + don't have time to shower + change b4 school pick up. School gets out at 3 + nursery not til 3:30 so usually have half hr play in the playground rather than walk home + walk back, which is not fun in damp running stuff as body cools dwn + end up a freezing wreck.
25/01/2013 at 10:24

I have that half an hour time lag too TT, and yes, if I'm doing it off the back of a long run I freeeeeeeze, so your coat sounds just the job!!

More is due South of here but we are getting away with it, providing hubbys flight gets into Inverness OK it can do what it likes

25/01/2013 at 11:28
Ah no nightmare now my dad is ill now. Mum n dad are in Glasgow as its my mums aunts 90 th b/day party tomorrow night in Kilwinnng. Dad was supposed to be coming back up road today to be my support for tomorrow but now has the bug. So can't take the bus obviously today, poor thing.
Yeah that bee hive cake was cool eh
Hmmmmmm interested to know about that book also TT.
Really need to get a move on and get stuff sorted to put in the car to then transfer to dads campervan.
25/01/2013 at 11:45

Just in to say GOOD LUCK to RF and Camio.

And I'll not be fighting anyone for Hugh Jackman. Michael J Fox was my pin up back in the day - showing my age now

25/01/2013 at 12:13

Yes, good luck Camlo and RF!  I know you'll both be fab.  Remember, there'll times when you don't think you can do it, but a lifetime of knowing you have!

Mental here at mo, been juggling kids off school, us in work, you know the score!

Have been reading but just not posting properly!

25/01/2013 at 12:17
I haven't seen that many films with Hugh Jackman so didn't see the appeal b4, but after les mis I see it, obviously the character they play has a part in the attraction too. Was the same with Gerard Butler, had seen him in a few things but didn't appeal, then all of a sudden I developed a little crush on him lol. They do say women r attracted to more masculine men around ovulation time so maybe it was all dwn to totm that watched films lol.
25/01/2013 at 12:26
Camlo + RF enjoy ur races, no matter what the weather just enjoy every minute, remember why ur doing it + revel in the fact u can. It's a blessing to b able to go out there + push yourself to the limits both physically + mentally + know u have the strength + determination to do what most average people don't.
25/01/2013 at 12:41

Well said TT. Good luck girls and go for it. Will be thinking of you x

25/01/2013 at 13:24
Just wanted to add my words of support to Camlo and RF for this weekend. You guys are amazing!! Look forward to hearing how you get on and will try the link RF posted to watch progress.
25/01/2013 at 13:44

Same here from me. Huge good luck to both of you RF and Camlo. X

25/01/2013 at 15:09

Good luck Camlo and RF!!

Re Lex Think Camlo was right mentoning UTIs - she has been complaining of being sore but its more external and so far a little cream seems to have helped (fingers crossed!)

25/01/2013 at 15:10

Good luck RF!! You can do it. I will log on and watch...when does it start?

And good luck Camlo!! Go go go. When is your race? Is this the hell runner/tough guy challenge? Nutter!  

I too have been reading but not posting. I had my home birth assessment this morning, and my scan on monday. Little ones head is down and in the right position and I'm 37 weeks today so it can come when it likes now, although it could wait until after the weekend as I have to get a few more bits from mothercare and stuff for my hospital bag if I do go in. Feeling pretty grumpy for some reason though, mainly with hubby!! Must try to be nice this weekend.

All the snow has gone now, it was pretty painless and there wasnt a great deal of slushy stuff either which I am glad of.

Hope all the poorlies are feeling better. And the injuries too. CC hows the achilles? You could try some friction on it if it is out of the acute stage? Ouch. And CM depending on degree of strain/tear it could be better within a week. Fingers crossed for you.

Amazing mileage going on from Lotte and MM. As I have said before, there is no way I could keep up with that mileage and not fall to pieces.

Hubby out with work colleagues this evening so I am going for dinner with my parents and L which will be nice. Then more Biology work which admittedly has got a bit more interesting lately.

BIG GOOD LUCK RF and Camlo. Will be thinking of you x

25/01/2013 at 15:11

I guess if it stings when she goes to toilet Chynah she is going to avoid going, even if it means holding until she has an accident! Hope you get back on track.

25/01/2013 at 15:50

TT always sums stuff up so well

So yes Camlo and RF - we will be rooting for you

Anj - thanks, it's the peroneal rather than the achilles (although that flares up sometimes but that's what I do with it - friction etc). Seems better after two days of anti-inflams and ice and today I haven't done anything and can walk around on it without discomfort. So we shall see. Box arrived from Evans already - speedy speedy Gatwick to Findhorn in about 36 hours! So need to check out shoes and pedals.

Wow, 37 weeks - amazing to think that, am sure it hasn't flown for you but it has for us!

Had a proper haircut today - yippee - actually found a hairdresser who can cut properly, sounds awful but haven't had any joy but a recommendation from a friend. Was a positive luxury going to a Salon.

Right, need to be off, got to make Tiramisu for a girls  night in tonight, before driving back up to town to get J from his badminton in half an hour - sadly I won't be doing a Lotte and downing shed loads of gin etc as I will be driving, ho hum.

Contemplating skiing at the Lecht tmrw morning if wind isn't too strong and S has a party late afternoon.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.