Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

38,841 to 38,860 of 47,227 messages
25/01/2013 at 19:14
Good luck folks!

Just bought our les Mis tickets for Sunday evening, my dad and I.

Fed the kids haggis, neeps and tatties for supper, and am about to eat the same ourselves. Yum.

Going to the royal observatory and planetarium in Greenwich tomorrow, for a fun day out. Looks like it might be warming up here, yay!
25/01/2013 at 21:16
Thank everyone, I will need all your luck no doubt!!!
Just sat down with a wee glass of wine to try and calm my churning tummy!! All ready I think so will say ta ra for the moment . GOOD LUCK Camlo for Sunday!
Oh and I am getting a second place prize apparently! Lol
25/01/2013 at 21:36
GO RF!!!!! FAB about the prize too, give it your best!
It is the Tough Guy I am doing so Sunday for me but going up tomorrow to recce the course and register. looking forward to signing my death warrant and having my number in permanent marker on my forehead...not.
25/01/2013 at 22:36
Good luck rf and camlo. Will be cheering you both on from Edinburgh
25/01/2013 at 23:17
Good luck gals. We are brill aren't we?!
26/01/2013 at 07:36
Just a quickie to say good luck rf and Camlo. Yes you are both certifiable

Off out for a nice long run in a mo. escaping the chickenpox quarantine I've been suffering for three days already, not told hubby how long I'll be out for...
26/01/2013 at 08:04
I have a prescription for Eric's c pox vacs, but he can't have it till he's one, so he better not get it in the next 3 wks!

Dad is here so hubby and I are going out to diver tonight. I have also informed him he's on childcare duty tomorrow morning so I can watch Andy Murray . Not sure he's agreed yet.......
26/01/2013 at 18:57

I missed the Andy Murray yesterday but hoping to get tmrws. Have a lovely diNner I'm guessing!

Hope you had nice long run Sonya, can imagine was good for an escape plan.

Wondering how RF is doing. Weather was glorious this morning but it's raining and yeuch now ... and a final GOOD LUCK for Camlo in the morning - nutter extrordinaire!!

Fabulous morning skiing, was hard getting up at 6am after going to bed at 1am but having no hangover helped!! Ski conditions were perfect and we got there right for first lifts so nice and quiet. My daughter has transformed into a ski demon, she's really quite good and got a round of applause on the final run she did from some bystanders (although that was after I'd had to drag her to the ground as she almost launched herself off the top of a big ramp on the snowboarding run )  A few pics to upload on FB once I get a chance. J coming on a treat and coming down the blue runs cautiously but in control ... so feeling way more confident about kids enjoying our ski trip now. Couldn't believe how stunning it was this morning too with the sun on the snow and blue skies and views for miles.

Edited: 26/01/2013 at 18:58
26/01/2013 at 20:23

Also hope RF is doing okay and good luck to Camio too.

Sonya, have both girls got the pox or just M? Hope you enjoyed your running escape.

Caro - how was the planetarium? It's one of those places I always think about going to but then never do. Must go one of these days. Hope you had a nice dinner out too.

CC - skiing sounds fab, look forward to seeing the pics.

As for secret movie star crushes have to admit mine is Tom Hardy, so gorgeous, was virtually drooling watching him in the film Warrior when he has his top off for most of the film . Hubby was not amused!

So annoyingly I've gone and lost my garmin. It's normally either on the desk or in our bathroom. I've looked everywhere I can think of where it could be and I just can't for the life of me think where else I could have put it. Am borrowing hubby's for now but considering buying a new one - although sod's law says the old one will turn up as soon as I order a new one. Gggrr!

27/01/2013 at 17:09

So crazy ladies how was puffer and tough guy?

Grrrr to the lost Garmin Karen. For sure it will turn up if you order a new one.

TurboT - can't wait until Max is a pro golfer and I can say I've 'known' him since he was a baby

Skiing sounds and looked fab CC. You are lucky to live near the slopes and sure the skiing holiday will be a big hit. Where is it you are going? I can't remember if you said.

Fine weekend here, just usual kids gymnastics and football yesterday but no extras! Hubby and I were out last night to a surprise birthday party for an ex  boyfriend who is home from America with his wife and some friends. How is this for weirdness - me and him (the ex) went together to my hubbys first wedding, lol! Fine to catch up with folk I haven't seen in years but a sedate night as I was driving.

Pleased with my running this week, a 20 miler yesterday and 10.5 today which brings me to 101.5 miles for the week. Very unlike me not to round it up I must say!

Now sitting with G&T in hand while hubby cooks the roast lamb

27/01/2013 at 18:18

Didnt know your hubby had been married before Lotte - was it weird at your wedding having already been to one of his weddings? I guess when most people marry someone who has been married before they haven't actually been guests the first time round!

I see from FB that maad strathpuffer girl survived and got a cool prize.  Well done!!

Karen my dad took M to the film at the planetarium, she enjoyed it, I think he thought it was a bit lame - it was about a teddy bear exploring space.  The rest of the observatory was good, and there are other films for older children/adults.  I love greenwich as we always then go to the maritime museum which has loads to do, plus to the park, walk around etc.  Driving is easy, parking is free by the blackheath park entrance at the wk end (if you get there early enough!)

Off to see Les Mis soon.

27/01/2013 at 20:19

Phew!!! Glad I took water with me on my run this morning! Hot hot and only 8.30! Nice run  with a few decent hills and at a reasonable pace. I slacked off at the end of the week and ate loads of crap for hubbys birthday instead of running so need to make up for it this week!

Awesome work RF - I'm so glad they gace you a prize in the end you soooo deserved it! How many laps did you make? And how was the filming?

WHat else? Been very quiet on here this weekend. Ohh anyone heard how Camlo got on?

I need to get on with some work - lots to do this week as I am off all next week down at the farm preparing for my sisters wedding - SO EXCITED!!

27/01/2013 at 20:38
I am alive. Bashed, cold and in pain but alive..... I am a tough guy. Can't describe it all and will try and do a race report but in essence: started on my arse, climbed lots of massive (really massive) structures, fell off a few, waded in chest deep ice for 400m, crawled through torture chamber where I got electrocuted so badly I was actually warm for a minute, dragged myself through slurry pits, up and down mud walls, under cargo nets, over the fire and swam across a frozen pond to reach the finish. That is a brief summary there was lots more..... Eldest was very cold and not helped by the sight of people collapsing and being pulled off the course.
Fab to read that Rf did us all proud too!
27/01/2013 at 21:00

Well done Camlo - you certainly are a tough guy! That sounds utterly horrendous!!!!! You are not only tough but crazy!!! Awesome effort!

27/01/2013 at 21:08
I think you're both mental camlo and rf but massive well dones to you both.
27/01/2013 at 22:48
Electrocuted?? Good grief woman! Well done....I think!

So I guess I'm the only person on the planet (along with my dad) who didn't think Les Mis was the best thing since sliced bread. No tears, just relief when it was over! I should have trusted my instincts when I saw a trailer a few wks ago and thought I didn't want to see it. I enjoy a good musical, but on stage, not in the cinema.....Hugh jackman or no Hugh jackman!
28/01/2013 at 10:16
I have my first exam in 15 years today. Aaaaargh. Stressed. It's a 6hr exam at that tho it is at least open book. Civil pleadings. Joy.
28/01/2013 at 10:17
That said, I think I'd rather be doing the exam than tough guy which sounds terrifying!
28/01/2013 at 12:11
The only thing I thought was wrong with les mis was that it would have bn better if they had just talked the bits where they weren't actually singing a song, there were bits where they were singing the conversation without it being a song. But I love a good musical on screen, love moulin rouge.

Best of luck EF, do u get breaks in that 6hrs?

Well I am carless for 3rd time in 2wks. 1st time the brake pipe went nearly ended up under a lorry at a roundabout. 2nd time I put it in garage to get new front brake pads + discs. Then last night left my Mum's house at 9pm, made it 6ft dwn the rd + handbrake appears to have come on + stuck solid, lucky white heather! Fortunately my Aunt came + gave me + the kids a lift home.
28/01/2013 at 13:50

Good luck EF!

OMG Camlo, sounds horrific, well done you!!  Look forward to reading the race report when you've recovered (maybe September? ).

Boo to broken car TT and lucky you didn't have an accident with brakes and handbrake going.  Hope it gets fixed soon.

I made it out for my first run in ages (succession of lurgies, Christmas and snow) yesterday morning and really glad I did.  Just 5.5 miles around the reservoir but I have to say I thought the snow and ice would have gone a it more than it had!  Ankle deep freezing slush around one gate as well as intermittently around the route so made for a fairly slow run (bumped into a couple of friends on the way round for a chat too!) but feeling virtuous and fit today .

I love Moulin Rouge but not musicals in general (although I did quite enjoy the Sound of Music at New Year ) - does that mean I'd like Les Mis?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.