Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

38,961 to 38,980 of 43,233 messages
11/03/2014 at 12:35
TT - he denies he does it!! And then he says he stays in bed because e likes getting in for a cuddle. Which she does. Except that that doesn't stack up cos then she comes downstairs for breakfast and then she gets dressed and we brush teeth and hair and he is still in bed. When I point that out, he turns into a rebellious child and gets all defensive and then strops. And for that last two mornings he has got up but has been in a vile mood and not said a word to me and got in my way. Poor man can't win. I know. I would just like him to come down - maybe not immediately - but join us at the table and drink his tea. I make the bloody tea and then I am running round after breakfast demands, supervising piano practice etc and have to take the tea upstairs for him to drink. That pisses me off for some reason. I never get tea in bed. I know I am being unreasonable and bossy!! They aren't his kids. I don't actually want him to help (he does it wrong anyway bless him!). But it pusses me off when I'm running round after the kids, running upstairs with a cuppa for him and he just lies in bed until it is all done and them he emerges!
11/03/2014 at 12:36
Lol autocorrect stopped my swear word
11/03/2014 at 13:43

pintail. = pilates?  ! 

11/03/2014 at 13:46

Sorry repeT post by mistake as typing one handed whist expressing. Just seem news on pip on FB. Won't spoil it for her Telling everyone! 

11/03/2014 at 13:46

Oh yes TT. I scoff loads of things like Beetroot, carrots, loads of other root veg mostly raw, except for parsnips etc. Loads of green veg. I do eat musesli still but with loads of seeds and nuts etc, but sometimes after a hard training session a big bowl of pasta or rice just hits the spot so well I don't eat bread anymore, unless I know it's been made properly and even then not much of it. Its not wheat with me though its yeast. I do eat rice cakes but do find them bloat me up for some reason a bit like bread? 

I also eat full fat everything now too And eat plenty of dairy cos of my lack or oestrogen.

Houmous is fab and I eat stacks of it as do the kids. Shame eggs are upsetting you, we love them in this house. Maybe we will go down the chicken route!!

I couldn't be vegan or veggie for that matter. Life is too short

Just had physio. Needles in my back and gluts, IT band and quad tendon. Ouch!! Nice! Back again Thursday. He is still optimistic I will make London, but if I do it will be a training run for my ultra. I might even practice some food!!  Anyway, small steps. Will try and run again tomorrow.

11/03/2014 at 13:58

Hope you get injury niggles sorted MM. Must be v frustrating for you when you have competed so well and for so long. Fingers crossed. And so sorry about your cat too. 

Im with you and TT on the food front. I eat far fewer refined carbs than I did and like TT try to only have wheat based carbs once a day if that. I guess I work on basis of starchy carbs being about 25-40 % of my plate depending on whether I'm running after and then the rest mostly veg with about 25% protein. Like MM I couldn't live without carbs. No pleasure. After my anorexia, i don't want to lose the fact that there is pleasure in food and in eating with others and eating the same thing as others. I never did that before. I never ate out and NEVER had a meal at someone else's house in case they cooked something I couldn't eat (eg anything other than plain veg!). I will always be a control freak with food and worry about my weight a bit but it's so much better now than ever before. And my running times have got quicker  too!! 

One reason  I wants boy children was cos I fear passing on my food anxieties to yhem and figured girls were more at risk of that. 

11/03/2014 at 14:06
MM - fingers crossed re your knee. Such bad luck again

I bloody love hummous. I make my own now as it is so easy and I get through so much of it. The only problem is that no supermarkets round here sell tahini and I CBA to make my own of that. Maybe I should

I am loving my vegan diet. Have the same breakfast every day while I love and keeps me full till lunch. Also gets me 2 of my 5 a day. I usually have either hummous and veg or another pate (got mushroom one on the go at the mo) for lunch. Sometimes I have rice cakes or oat cakes. I also eat a handful of nuts and usually a bit of fruit. Dinner (if I am by myself) is soup usually. I have Carrot, sweet potato and ginger on the go. Otherwise if N is here I do chilli or curry or stuffed peppers or courgettes or something. Have also made some amazing lentil and chickpea burgers. I don't like meat much at all and the only stuff I do like is chorizo and bacon and sausage which is bad for me! Don't miss cheese and have soya milk in my muesli in the mornings. I am not hungry at all eating this way. No bread either.
11/03/2014 at 14:34
So glad ur eating so much better and feeling better for it CM.
No way I would b taking tea upstairs CM that would annoy me.
11/03/2014 at 14:36

oh and not fair. no longer on FB, so hope all is well with Pip and can't wait to hear the news

11/03/2014 at 14:36
I love houmous too, yummy!
11/03/2014 at 14:42
I can't see anything on FB but pip is only on rw FB page so I wouldn't see her personal posts, have sent her a friend request ( Pip I am Tracy P-C) but imagine she's otherwise occupied at present.
11/03/2014 at 14:51
TT - yes taking tea upstairs does annoy me. But then it is tea in bed. Quite normal I guess. Hmm. But it annoys me anyway.
11/03/2014 at 15:33

Ooh want to hear Pip's news too!

I have a friend who has starting weight lifting, has given up cardio and carbs.  I am worrying about her health too - everything in moderation I say!

11/03/2014 at 15:48

Ah she's only tagged in a pic so might be harder to see her.  All is well I will share that much. And it seems to have been a bit protracted! 

11/03/2014 at 15:52

How come not on FB CM? I guessed you'd deactivated as not seen you on there for a while. One of the reasons I came back here tbh!! 

Work day done, time to switch brain to 'Mum mode'!!!

11/03/2014 at 16:25

Can't be faffed with making my own houmous. I make so many things from scratch I feel things like houmous, pesto etc are so good I do buy those ready made. I do make all sauces from scratch though.

Not 'met' Pip yet. Sounds like congrats. Pip I am Mum of twin boys aged 7.5 and wee girl who is 4 in May. I am nutter marathon runner, quite quick but getting old and not as quick as I was sadly, and always injured at the mo as been running too long!! Currently also been diagnosed with early menopause too so am on HRT mix of coil and oestrogen tablets which is working well and stopped the awful blackness I had in the summer, plus all the other awful big M symptoms.

Boys all off to see Yeovil vs. Ipswich tonight. Late night for the boys as will be 90 min drive home, but they are soooo excited. Best get some tea in them. Sophie and I are staying at home !! Sophie doesn't know yet!

11/03/2014 at 16:39
I get through too much hummous to buy it. Plus I shop in aldi mostly and am not that keen on their hummous.

Quit FB as had major period of depression back in nov and dec and had drugs prescribed which caused awful hallucinations including one which played out on FB. I deactivated it then and have not been back on since. Tbh i was putting too much pressure on myself to be witty.
11/03/2014 at 17:44

Yes I know how you feel. I have periods of posting on there, and then periods I just use the running club pages. I don't try to be witty I must admit!

My depression has been mostly cured by the HRT, but yes August, September and October were awful for me. Then I had two weeks on and two weeks with the first HRT trial, hence this new variety. Still have bad days. I didn't cope too well on Monday with Roly dying and felt like I was sinking again but I seem to have resurfaced this morning OK. 

11/03/2014 at 18:12

glad you are feeling a bit better MM. my depression in oct / nov time was caused by work and my boss shafting me in the main. I've resigned now and am starting a new job so hopefully that change will be positive. although very hard for me financially as I am taking a massive pay cut. had panic this morning when I realised my mortgage term expires in may and I thought that I wouldn't be able to remortgage on my new salary. when I looked into it, I should be just about ok (but only just), and anyway I should remortgage before I start my new job as the current mortgage runs out on 31 may.

finally got my work laptop back. it stopped working last tues. for 2 days I phoned india asking where I needed to take it to get it fixed and got no response. I took it to hemel on thurs but the 1 guy in the UK (!!!!!) who can fix laptops was in London so I left it there. he looked at it on Friday but didn't finish it, so he sent it back yesterday and it arrived at 5.45 tonight. and....

IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!!!!!! we are a bloody IT services company. I have now been without a functioning laptop for 8 days... I am going to have to go into an office tomorrow with it (200 mile round trip) to see if I can find someone to look at it. i'm not going to hemel (as that's a 300 mile round trip) so I hope if I go to brum there will be someone there, or at least I will be able to connect to the network for someone to look at it. the problem is that it doesn't connect remotely to the network. which is useless when you work from home a lot of the time!!

11/03/2014 at 18:15

as for FB - I had so many friends on there from school days. I was never going to see them again. most of them I hadn't particularly liked as a child. and some of them were posting awful stuff. racist and also a lot of benefits bashing going on. I had a bit of a friend's cull and got rid of some of the people I knew I wouldn't cross a road to go and talk to if I saw them, but then I had this awful dream which played out on facebook and I just thought I needed to get rid of the whole thing. I don't miss it AT all. miss seeing people's pictures, but do not miss posting my updates. it coincided with me being at such a low and feeling crap and not wanting to post updates.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.