Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

38,981 to 39,000 of 47,592 messages
01/02/2013 at 10:43
I do find the thought of T spewing his guts up quite amusing tho mwah-hahahaha (evil laugh)
01/02/2013 at 11:06
Did anyone else watch ' The truth about exercise' last night? Was very interesting. Part of it was about how they have identified the genes that determine how you react to exercise, apparently 20% of the population cannot improve their vo2max no matter how much they exercise, 15% can improve theirs dramatically + the rest fall somewhere in between. I suspect I am not far off the bottom 20%, and all u fast ones will b up in the top 15%. Although even if u r in the bottom 20% u will still gain other benefits from exercise such as ur body gets better at regulating blood sugar/insulin. But that small bursts of High Intensity Training 3x 20sec 3 times a wk is enough to gain those health benefits. Not planning on changing my approach to exercise as it still burns calories + makes me feel better mentally, but will b introducing some 20sec intervals when I am on the exercise bike.
01/02/2013 at 11:29
on the subject of antiEnglish comments from Scottish people, something I don't agree with myself people r people + I take each individual as I find them, but the comments made on Question time last night about dumping nuclear waste in Scotland + giving us our independence really don't help. I also have relatives who have lived in England for many yrs + were initially bullied + badly treated because they were Scottish and they had to learn pretty quickly how to drop their Scottish accent. So it works both ways, there r idiots in both countries.
01/02/2013 at 12:24

Agree TT there are definitely idiots wherever you live, like you I will always take people as individuals whatever their colour, race etc. I have friends from various corners of the country and a few gay ones thrown in for good measure. I also think that if people are bullies they will home in on anything that seems a bit different, be it where you come from or how you behave.  Missed that bit of question time, got as far as the debate about the fast rail, but was falling asleep ... thought they were dumping nuclear waste in Cumbria, maybe I was confused.

Interesting re the exercise, I didnt watch it. Think it's been accepted for a while that putting short bursts of speed into your workout will help with fat-burning. Certainly when I was working in the gym I encouraged it for people working out aerobically, a  mixture of slower steady workouts and workouts with speed in them will generally pay dividends, if nothing else it keeps the body on it's toes so to speak!

Also chuckling at the thought of T chucking up!!! Yeuch to state of house, but are you really surprised CM?

Treadmill run this morning - about 4 miles. So we'll see what state ankle is in later after that!  Chest not too bad this morning, can breathe anyway, arnica is fab - bruise not looking so bad this morning!  Think I may stay away from clip-ins until we get back from skiing and stick to the turbo trainer next week (whilst that has clip-ins I can't actually go anywhere and fall off!!).

01/02/2013 at 12:27
Mwahahahahaha evil laugh also from me about T spewing CM! Silly man. Imagineuttng J n school uniform. As if he could go to school............especially since he last vomited yesterday. Really hope he's on the mend now, will take him a week to fully recover his strength I would think.
Yip TT works both ways on the English/ Scottish thing defiantly. There are some right numpties in both countries that cause problems for everyone..................
Oh didn't see that programme, sounds interesting.............. Probably in the bottom % of population also
Bak lata phone ringing..........
01/02/2013 at 12:47
Imagine it's probably on BBC Iplayer as it was on bbc2.

Only bit I didn't like was a bit where they were discussing how much exercise u had to do to burn a 'relatively small' amount of calories. Dr Mosley was holding a latte, a muffin + something else which came to roughly 800calories I would say + they were saying he would need to run for an hr to burn off this midmorning snack as if it was just a little nibble. 800calories is not a snack, it's a pig out, my dinner doesn't come to anywhere near 800cals never mind a snack.
01/02/2013 at 17:06
800 calories definitely not a snack!! That's ridiculous and they wonder why we have a problem with eating, portion size etc. some peeps trying to exist on that amount for while day, others for just a snack!
01/02/2013 at 17:08

Ooof think its a caught up with me. Did a 10 miler first thing and then 7.5 later but knackered now. Could quite happily sleep right now!

Cameron asked what was for tea and I said lasagne. A bit later he came up to me and said "what did you say was for tea, was it lasagne or vagina I always get them muddled up" OMG I nearly choked.

01/02/2013 at 17:31
Actually spluttered at that one lotte!!
01/02/2013 at 17:48
Haha, it still hurts to laugh but that one was well worth the pain!!
01/02/2013 at 17:50

Easy mistake to make 

01/02/2013 at 20:17

Lotte!

Evil laugh to T also from here  but barf to the state of the house - does the man have no idea of hygiene on a normal day, never mind when there's a bug in the house?!

My lurgy seems to be changing but for the worse I fear - eaten 6 crumpets (!) with honey and one slice of bread today, then just now a bit of All-Bran Chocolate Crunch and so far so good, but got a splitting headache and developing a chesty-feeling cough . Fingers crossed an early night does the trick.

Not surprised you're on the floor Lotte, get yourself to bed girl!

01/02/2013 at 20:21
Hahahahahah Lotte, how funny.
No wonder your tired woman, get thee to bed early and have a day of running for goodness sake
Turbo- I'm guessing it was a section then????!!!!
Ouch to the fall of the bike CC. Dangerous things those clip ins! I have sum now but so far on my road bike on the turbo indoors........I canna even get them clipped properly! Don't think I would wear them on MTB as on the technical stuff I am always getting on and of! Yeah arnica good stuff I think. Hope the ankle survived the treadmill. Take it easy!
I did 3 miles run with trailer this morning & when C was doing her 30 min swimming lesson (kept R of as still coughing and wheezing) I jump on the bike in the gym and had a fast,interval spin, 10 miles on 31 mins. Sweating when I got of!!
Working tomorrow, boo.
Camlo- looked at your pics, blimey that looked so tough!!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Canna remember anything else now,
Was just looking at charity places for the Brighton marathon, ??500 compared to ??1600 for London!
01/02/2013 at 21:03

RF - assume you mean have a day OFF running for Lotte rather than a day OF running, as if the woman needs any more encouragement! 

01/02/2013 at 21:44
Lol to lasagne/vagina + day OF/OFF running
01/02/2013 at 21:47
RF - when u say run with trailer I assume u mean a bicycle trailer that turns into buggy??? I keep getting visions of you running dragging a trailer behind u, like a horse lol
01/02/2013 at 22:00
Hahahahahaha you lot make me laugh!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah Lotte have a day OFF!!!! As if, bftttttttttttt
He he Tange to being like a horse, funny. You assume right, my bike trailer turns into a running trailer by putting a big wheel on the front! It's a croozer, think Vixo has one?!!!?
01/02/2013 at 22:23
Just read your race report camlo.......bricks would have bounced off me at the end if I had done that! Brrrrrrrr. I couldn't undo the maclaren buggy this evening after walking back frm school with no gloves on, so had to haul Eric out with it still done up! That's how carp I am at cold! Did I miss a link with pics? Would love to see some. Bet you're glad it's not this time last wk!
01/02/2013 at 22:48
heehee RF I have one too that converts to buggy, but it's a big double one, bn a god send in the heavy snow we had a few yrs ago, goes where no buggy would go + I managed to do a whole wks food shop + push it home in the snow when car couldn't get out the street.
01/02/2013 at 22:49
Not sure I will ever eat lasagne again
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.