Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,001 to 39,020 of 43,678 messages
13/03/2014 at 12:27

Got a new saddle for the road bike with a hole in the middle of it and my what a difference it made to the queen, no pain and could lean right forward on the under bars without nearly cutting my self in half. Result. May go out more on the road bike now although do love mountains biking. Did a hard 6 hours up the hills on Sunday with my friend training for the mountain marathon. It was only 11.5 miles but 4510 feet of total ascent. Bloody freezing and windy up the top, 845 metres, nearly got blown of the top. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr. Snow etc and got a bit of compass practice although still rubbish at it!!!!

sorry to hear about injuries etc, hope they all start to behave themselves soon.

bra's - blimey I thought my boobs were small and I am aprox a 34a/b although not been measured for a while. I like crop tops for comfort sometimes also.

13/03/2014 at 13:14

Congrats Pip! Welcome Isaac

I must have big ribs as I am a 34, but then I am quite sure it's about an AAAAAAA at the moment cup wise!  I was cross a few yrs ago when I went to the London Marathon expo and bought a shock absorber and the woman convinced me to get a 32 as she said it was meant to be tight etc etc, and that I really was a 32, but it has always been too tight and I dont really wear it.  

Right, should be cleeaning bathrooms......

13/03/2014 at 14:00

congratulations Pip. and so glad you got to use the name Isaac

not so good to hear about 10 rounds with mike tyson followed by an EMCS. poor you. hope you are ok and recover soon. must have been pretty stressful too. baby boys are scrummilicious - enjoy him!

having a joyous day today. not. so far i have been stuck in a conference room since 8.30am with a stream of people coming to talk to me about the external audits which are happening at the end of march. yawwwwwwwwn. time for a conference call now though, just to break things up a bit.

13/03/2014 at 14:14

Hello everyone Soooo rubbish about posting lately. Must rectify! Popped on because I was really missing CM and wanted to say hi  

Huge congrats to Pip - lovely name and a great weight. Hope you're both doing well!

Giovanna squawking so back later

13/03/2014 at 14:17

13/03/2014 at 14:18

Hmm, she seems to be a bit squashed! 

13/03/2014 at 14:20

And now I can't see it. Oh well!

13/03/2014 at 14:43

aww TB! i was missed.

13/03/2014 at 15:06

I can't see a picture, boo!

13/03/2014 at 15:23

Very much! X Your counsellor sounds great too. It is hard work but so worth it. I had a very intensive course of cbt last year and although I don't think I can ever guarantee I will be 'cured', I feel so much better. No sign of PND this time

so she is feeding now - I will type one handed (could be slow, lol). Don't think teeth are far away as she is drooling like mad and has bright red cheeks. Has been a bit grumpy of late too. Hope it passes soon. She was sleeping for 11 hour stretches at night but hasn't done that for about two weeks. Still, she wakes for a maximum of two night feeds, usually one, and then she goes straight back down so I can't complain.

boobs, hmm. Don't really know what size they are ATM. Big! They were 36F when my milk came in, but definitely smaller now the feeding has settled. Was 32D before I had JP, then went down to 32C after. quite like them being smaller tbh! 

Another one with food issues (anorexia as teen, bulimia in the last three years but better since start of last year). Try very hard to relax around food in front of the children but it is hard. JP seems to have developed my tendency to use food as a weapon so keeping a very close eye on him just now. Hoping it is a 'phase' - if he is anything like me he will rebel at parental pressure so trying not to make a big deal of it whilst ensuring he eats well. Such a balancing act! Who'd be a parent, eh?!

13/03/2014 at 17:02

Wow TB, I had no idea your food issues were so recent, so glad you are feeling better now and awesome you have no PND.  Your wee one is beautiful, shame the picture didn't work on here.

CM we do miss seeing you on FB (particularly pictures of you and your kids and especially E's eccentric dress sense!), could you set up a 'fake' ID on FB with an alternative name that only posts on the running mums group, would be just like an extension of this page but with pictures? 

13/03/2014 at 18:54
I was going to suggest same thing about fake name on FB. I have a couple of friends who don't use their real name as they don't want ex friends who become stalkerish to track them dwn and start trying to worm their way back into their lives and take take take or like CM found some who don't share same views etc.
13/03/2014 at 19:01

Congratulations Pip, he was a big boy!  Hope you have plenty of help and can enjoy these first few weeks with a gorgeous little one. Don't forget to post a picture on the FB running forum for us all to coo over!

13/03/2014 at 19:48
FB is cracking down on fake ids. They find them easily apparently and just delete them. I don't miss the hassle of FB to be honest so CBA. Sorry girls. Ellen's dress sense is toning down anyway. Well. Abut.
13/03/2014 at 20:03

Will have to figure out how to put pics on here on my iPad Or I could email you a pic? That is assuming you want to be inundated with baby pics, hahaha

13/03/2014 at 20:22
I have reactivated my account briefly every few weeks to flick through to read what is happening so have seem some pics TB . I have taken the app off my phone to stop myself doing it too often! But every now and then when I'm on the laptop I flick through and then deactivate again. I know. I'm insane.

Trying to sort finances for when I have my massive pay cut. Have cancelled sky (not told j yet. He will be gutted. He loves Pokemon shite!) and also got cheaper broadband and phone. Also remortgaging and it will be a bit cheaper. Do all these things and then I get sodding enormous water bill (not metered. 80 quid a month!!!) and council tax gone up by another 20 quid. Sob. I am chipping away at bills by a tenner here and twenty quid there and then the sodding utilities and council tax whack it all back on again. I have applied for a water meter. It should be cheaper. The kids don't bath much and neither do I. Just showers really. And the washing machine. And when I'm out at work all day every day that will make it cheaper too. Seriously though - it is a bloody nightmare!!
13/03/2014 at 20:47
Ok. I said I wouldn't. But I have. On FB as Carmel Macintosh. Get it? I'll see if I can find the group and ask to join it
13/03/2014 at 21:06

Yay Carmel  

13/03/2014 at 21:08

Ohh clever CM!

I am sooooooo tired today, man I need the weekend! Struggling a bit with M's behaviour. She has started being really funny about my friends daughter - she talks about her a lot and says shes her friend but as soon as we see her its all "Sadie can't have this, I'm not sharing with Sadie etc" basically really bratty behaviour - sigh! It makes catch-ups with my closest friend really challenging. I'm sure its just a phase but struggling to know how best to manage it.

Did that butt and thighs workout a couple of you were talking about recently yesterday - yike's my butt is agony today! I've also got a bit of a pilates programme to do at home as I can't make the classes at the moment and will alternate between the two. REally need to get my back and core strength improved - still so weak!

13/03/2014 at 21:08

Friend request me cm and I will add you. There's 2 Carmel macintoshes!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.