Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,021 to 39,040 of 43,675 messages
13/03/2014 at 21:10

Ohh and congratulations Pip! Sounds blimmin hard work.

13/03/2014 at 21:14

EF - I don't want any actual friends. I did request to join the group. Can you find that request?

13/03/2014 at 21:16

It isn't that I don't want to be your friends by the way. I just don't want to get sucked in to posting etc again so by not having any friends I won't have that temptation. Hopefully I can still join the group though?

Camlo    pirate
13/03/2014 at 22:02

Yay welcome to baby Isaac, hope you aren't too sore Pip. 

Yippee to new saddle Rf but boo to sick kids and night shift.

Yippee to new clothes but boo to flat chests!! I have the saggiest bags of nothing you have ever seen and was given a 32a to try in the bra shop but after consulting the more senior bra fitter ended up with 32d to hoist them back to the right level!! My shock absorber used to feel really tight but it is excellent, check the adjustments are all on the loosest settings and after a few wears it does feel normal. 

Yippee to spending time with N but boo and eek to squalor, not sure i would be able to tolerate that now?! I hope his good points balance out the baggage CM! 

Hoggle - she will grow out of it, perhaps if you buy a toy which requires joint input (cant think what but like a seesaw) she will see a benefit of being nice! 

Had some time off today so enjoyed a bit of daytime tele, went for a 12 mile bike ride and then hill reps tonight at club. Yippee to getting 2 loads of washing on the line but boo that it wasnt quite dry to bring in! 

13/03/2014 at 22:24

That's ok cm -I just meant that I can add you that way. You can unfriend me after that, promise I won't be offended! 

Congratulations Pip. He's a real cutie. 

14/03/2014 at 00:10
This thread has randomly stopped appearing in my followed threads list, have to go looking for it every time
14/03/2014 at 01:06

Yay CM! I mean Carmel

TT - RW being a pain for me too, I am having to log in every time I visit. I am sure it used to remember me. Ah well.

14/03/2014 at 05:40

Congratulations Pip and welcome to the world Isaac. Hope you are both doing well.

My babies are 6 today, how can that be?

14/03/2014 at 07:36
Happy birthday to your boys Lotte! Isabelle very excited about her birthday tomorrow. She couldn't give me any ideas for presents, just said "you usually choose things for me and that's really nice"!, so is getting a few things I think she'll like and then some new summer clothes which she will desperately need which I thought she might as well open tomorrow to bolster the rather meagre assortment! She's having a party with 9 friends on Sunday which I thought was generous until I read about CMs efforts!

Congrats Pip, sounds like a bit of a marathon, but hopefully the healing will be speedy and Isaac will do some sleeping for you!
14/03/2014 at 09:41

happy birthday Lewis and Cameron. 6??? no way!

thanks for the welcome back to FB. now the thing is for me not to get carried away lol

beautiful day here but had a panic as couldn't find my fog lights! never got a manual for my car either so was frantically pushing all the buttons this morning. found them in the end.

PG3
14/03/2014 at 09:52

So new born babies just sleep all the time do they?!  No joke, this baby fed constantly from about 9pm-5.30am.  I managed about 2 hours sleep last night.  I even gave him a few cups of formula to try and fill him up and he kept going.  I bet he'll sleep all day now (and so will I!).  The good thing is, second time round, you know that this is the really hard part and it soon passes, well this is what I keep telling myself.

Sounds like this is a popular time for birthdays

There is a FB group btw.  EF added me.

Hoggle - how old is your daughter?  Mine is just over 3 and has been quite aware of sharing stuff and what is hers for about 4 to 5 months.  I just keep telling her that she has to share and eventually she'll get it.  It's not very nice hearing your child saying things like that, especially in front of others, but I think its pretty normal.

14/03/2014 at 10:11

oh dear, Pip. Yes - newborn babies are exhausting. In my experience boys are voracious feeders. mine never stopped!! hope you are ok

oh and sorry vixo - happy birthday to Isabelle too

14/03/2014 at 10:33
Thanks CM - her birthday is tomorrow. One day younger than the twins!

Hoggle -E seems to have hit an extremely challenging point behaviourly, and is, quite frankly, being a real pain at times! We're getting quite a lot of whinging and whining and lots of coat on/coat off, want to ride my scooter/don't want to ride my scooter, want to walk/don't want to walk type behavioiur. It's wearing!

O has also suddenly become very definitely her own little person and can be very funny. She's definitely going to have a strong personality - she's the youngest of all the children we see regularly so gets hauled about a bit by them all, but can also command an entire table with her antics, and had 5 other children totally enthralled and fixated on her when they were eating tea the other day. E seems to have taken being usurped as the littlest in her stride as she's now allowed to join in with some of the 'big children' games, and takes great delight in telling O "no, you're too little for this"!

Pip - hope you get some rest today!
14/03/2014 at 10:39

Isaac was the same pip. My Isaac I mean!! Haven't said proper congrats on here yet - so so so pleased you went with the name Isaac in the end!! and maybe both isaacs will meet at Abingdon later in the year?! ECS after 14 hrs. Woah. Hope u r ok. I found recovery took much longer than I expected. A good 6-8 weeks before I felt normal (physically & emotionally). The feeding constantly did ease off at night but it took a wee while - two - 3 months for us. But it's loads better now. On phone so will post more later. happy birthdAy to the twins Lotte! 

14/03/2014 at 12:33

vixo - funny how our mild mannered toddlers suddenly turn into right madams. E was the same. she was such hard work from the age of 2 till she started school really. she's still more time consuming that J, but i just let her get on with the clothing oddities. she insists on no coat, then freezes as we walk to school and i see her turning blue gradually. she is slowly getting better with that... she will usually stop and do it up eventually.

meant to say, Hoggle - they are often well over 3 before they learn about sharing properly. some kids still can't share and play together when they start school. E has been able to play cooperatively for quite a while, but i think J was quite late. so i think it's entirely normal. but yes - very very wearing!

14/03/2014 at 12:36

oh and pip - isaac may well be very sucky. J was like that. i fed and fed and fed him and he always wanted more. i think actually he wanted the comfort. once he found his thumb  at 3 months, he calmed right down. i wish i had persevered with a dummy before then tbh.

14/03/2014 at 12:51

happy birthday to the terroraptors!  Love the pics on FB, Lotte.

boo to such little sleep, Pip. Sounds very familiar! Not what you need when you're trying to recover from such a horrendous birth. but it will pass My little girl is 16 weeks old now and she usually only feeds once at night (well, until two weeks ago she was sleeping from 7pm until 6am, but I actually prefer her to wake for a feed or the boobs are just ridiculous ). She used to cluster feed from about 5pm until 1-2 in the morning (until she was about 10 weeks old). So glad she doesn't do that now!! The all night feeding frenzies are the worst though - a few nights I think I had no sleep and was like the walking dead! Amazing how you get through really.

14/03/2014 at 12:52

Happy birthday to Isabelle for tomorrow

Camlo    pirate
14/03/2014 at 19:33

Yippee to birthdays, forgot the twins were called the terroraptors!! 

Boo to non stop feeding Pip, it will get better when suck improves and milk production settles, sleep when you can, stuff anything else! 

Really pleased with a new pair of m&s pjs and a calvin klein bra which came via ebay today, both new with tags and with postage got them both for about £11. 

14/03/2014 at 20:01

Happy b day twins and Isabelle!

have a shopping day tomorrow.  Off to Westfield, all day, on my own, to hopefully get a dress for 2 weddings (1 in a synagogue so has to cover shoulder and I have to wear a hat!!) plus bras, shoes, underwear etc etc, and nothing else that takes my fancy . I have quite a bit of Xmas a b day money saved as I never shop, so it's time I spent it!  i am pretty bad at spending money on me and always feel a bit guilty so must get that out of the system and go and enjoy  

am also temped to go to the marathon expo in April as well......I always like the do running stall there  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.