Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,061 to 39,080 of 46,364 messages
17/05/2013 at 12:56

Poor Kit Minks  sounds horrible.  I'd say you need to get him some form of Movicol etc as well as encouraging him to drink more, if he's got a tear.  I had that after I had Sophie - more painful than labour by far!

JT - boo to not getting the news you wanted.  Are you feeling better at all?

And yes I probably do need a second opinion, it's just fitting it in and also if the osteopath keeps making another appointment for me, I assume it's because he thinks I need more treatment?  He's young and very nice so I don't think he's ripping me off or anything, but possibly he's not very experienced...  I agree JT about treating the problem and not the cause though - or at least I feel maybe he's only treating one cause when there might be more than one.  My groin is still very tight (hurts when I do star jumps) so I'm sure that needs sorting too.  Hmm.

17/05/2013 at 13:40

Or like me JG, see 2 physios, a chiropracter, a podiatrist and 2 osteopaths.........The thing I really liked about the current good osteopath is after 3 treatments he said there was not much more he could for me, I needed to do it myself and if my pelvis still wasn't right he recommended his colleague.  I had a further appt and he told me to cancel it as it wasn't needed.  He has at least 20 yrs experience as well.  If he'd said come back next wk I would have done, so I like the fact that he wasn't stringing me along for the money.

Going to a eurovision party tomorrow night.  Bringing travelcot so hoping Eric will sleep.......ha ha!

Glad job is going well MM, shame about commute.  Mine takes about 45 mins but I actually prefer public transport to driving, as I can listen to my ipod and read the paper.

Minks my kids never present me with that problem!  Still the total opposite from both of them, complete sludge, many times a day.  E is as bad as M was.  Nearly late for school yesterday as needed a full change of clothes just as we were leaving the house!

17/05/2013 at 14:52

Physio I seen last yr said at beginning he aims to treat patients within 4 treatments

so not to b worrying about neverending treatment that need a 2nd mortgage for.

17/05/2013 at 15:01

:'( give up, have lost post 3 times

17/05/2013 at 18:36

for kids I too recommend paediatric movicol. Wonder drug for lou. Lactulose had no effect on her. Has little effect on me either it turns out! Will ask re movicol for me and also the posher iron tabs. Must get appt booked - been in exam mode so nothing done. 

Survived today. Was more worried about ethics than procedure but ethics only had two dodgy qus one of which I could leave and procedure was awful! Thankfully that is the general consensus. Off to collapse in a heap somewhere now. 

17/05/2013 at 19:03

oh dear lots of rubbish stuff so big boo to constipation, commuting, poorly boys , low iron, money worries, exams, not having enough running time and flexibility and lastly PMT. 

but yippee to er um, hmmm must have been something...... oh got one! yippee to Turbo finding a house near the golf course! 

Still struggling here, black cloud is  definitely hovering and my back is totally seized so NO running at all. NOWT. ARGHHHHH. 

17/05/2013 at 20:19

Is Movicol available over the counter or would I have to see the doctor to get a prescription?  He isn't really constipated as he doesn't struggle to go, he just has trouble passing such enormous poos.  Honestly, it is really hard to believe that such a small person could produce such huge ones.  They are easily as big as mine!  (Sorry, TMI!)

EF, at least that exam is over now.  I am really impressed at you taking exams when pregnant.  I found them enough of a struggle when I was 20 and my brain had not yet atrophied!  Always good when there is consensus on the difficulty of an exam paper.

Camlo, boo to the black cloud and boo to being unable to run.  What have you done to your back and have you had any treatment on it?

Caro, LOL at Eurovision party!  Hope you have fun.

17/05/2013 at 20:35

Maybe some senna then minks. I think you can get senokot over the counter and it's a softener. 

I did struggle this pm. Mainly cos I was really tight for time and I was bursting but didn't have a spare five mins to go!! 

17/05/2013 at 20:58

Ouch to constipation, lactulose worked fine for me.

TT - sorry to hear about your mum, sounds like you need some time out, phones and ipads not posting properly is SO annoying!

EF - well done on exams, I would have been incapable of that whilst pregnant.

Camlo, hope you have a good weekend, how rubbish about your back.

Think Benedict is brewing a cold or something, woken up twice already, snot everywhere. 

17/05/2013 at 21:35

Wow we are all having a tough time if my finding a rental house near the golf course is the only good news!  We have moved nearly everything out and will stay at the new place tonight. Just having a breather before we get the boys from nursery.  Been a hard couple of days. Hope Max settles ok tonight. 

TT so sorry to hear your mum so bad. Look after yourself too. Your posts always run outside the boxes too for some reason. 

17/05/2013 at 21:54

I know TT, have to insert line breaks myself or it posts as 1 huge line

17/05/2013 at 21:57

My Mum had steroid infusion + got home this afternoon

hopefully she'll improve a bit over the next few days 

Camlo- u have my sympathies, that was me last wk 

not running last wk was purely due to large black pmt induced cloud

17/05/2013 at 22:02

What are you using to post on TT?

17/05/2013 at 22:03

Tried to run on Fri + managed 1.25miles + walked home, just wanted to cry 

burst into years when passed a car crash on Sunday, just not myself at all 

Felt it lifting on Monday + totm started that evening, all reasons for 

being stressed still the same but now hormones normal I can cope with them

17/05/2013 at 22:05

HTC wildfire, have posted on it for last yr fine, but it's gone bonkers last few wks

17/05/2013 at 22:12

not looking forward to next 10-15yrs of perimenopause + menopausal 

symptoms if this it What happens at 40, last months period was early, this months late, can last 

3days to 10days, b heavy or light, backache, clots, black clouds - the joys!

17/05/2013 at 23:04

I have had 2 periods in a month TT...

17/05/2013 at 23:37

yep ... the perimenopause is party, party, party!!!! NOT, so TT, I can empathise as whilst my cycles are regular as clockwork at the mo (despite the extra running miles), my hormones are not quite so reliable. As I think I said to MM, I try and avoid any serious conversations/decision-making when I am PMT as I am so oversensitive, unreasonable and unable to take a decent perspective on anything!!

Large ((())) to all who need them

Huge amount of respect to EF for the exams, no idea how you juggle those + job + family + crap pregnancy ... pretty awesome really

Boo to lengthy commute MM and poorly boy

((())) to Camlo who is another supermum juggling lots of horrors

TTid - hope sleep happens in your house, so wierd that you are in new place already

Second INSET day today, crap sleep all week for me so felt dreadful today and spent most of morning shouting at kids, but did manage to get decent haircut for J this morning. Left hubby in charge and headed out for very easy 9.5 with friend tonight though and felt way better after that and a large G&T! 

440 peak flow would be top dollar for me JT!!

Just watched 127 hours (film about guy who had to chop his hand off after getting stuck in a canyon ).

Edited: 17/05/2013 at 23:38
18/05/2013 at 08:06

Welcome to the house of little sleep!  Mr TT tossing and turning up until about 1 when Max got up. I have the worst tickly cough and Max is still awake now at 3:00. At least I can hear Mr TT snoring now so at least he is getting some sleep at last. Have come on to sofa to try to get some sleep myself. People all say how little sleep they get with babies, Oscar is the only one who has slept through since going to bed so far!

Desperate for some sleep but throat and chest not feeling good. Grr. 

Orienteering sounds fun JT. 

JG did you say the stadium was built for the world student games?  I hope to hellmot at they were the year after I left Sheffield. It would be criminal if they were knocking down already. 

Ok going to TRY to get some sleep. Taking bets on who it is wakes me up first if I do nod off!

18/05/2013 at 08:07

Hellmot???  Blinking autocorrect. 'hell not'!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.