Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,101 to 39,120 of 43,678 messages
19/03/2014 at 11:12
Yeah mine makes a lot of noise and gets tourettes when he is in pain. I never even made that much giving birth on gas & air. We have no sympathy in this house as it is just a standing joke now, we laugh cos it's so ridiculous. You get quick referrals to ooh gp though when they hear him screaming in the background lol.
19/03/2014 at 12:57

Well ironically it's my hubby's turn to go and sit and wait at the GPs today.  He cut his leg a few days ago, and now it's nice and infected and he's squeezing pus out of it.  But you never know, they might just say its a virus and to go home and wait for it to get better on its own.

i am feeling so much better, still wiped out but not in pain, and I have an appetite again after eating very little for the last couple of days.  I have done a bit of pottering this morning, after having a lie in as hubby dropped the kids off. I have been reading my book, dozing, watching trashy telly in the I pad.  Just what the dr ordered.  I have not set foot outside and I don't intend to until I have to tomorrow!

bummer about the car pip.  I would have been so mad!!

19/03/2014 at 13:53

oh dear caro - good for hubby on seeking advice. most men would put a bit of savlon on it and say it would be fine...

been to see the therapist again today. some help with assertiveness this time. and some challenging thinking around my relationship with N...

19/03/2014 at 14:17

Hope you are better soon caro. I have had a stonker of a cold for almost a week. I knew it was brewing before my half marathon so I was just glad that it waited until after. Haven't felt too ill just very snurty and a chesty cough linger now.

Sympathies on the car Pip. After spending 4 weeks without our big car (and lots of £s to get it fixed) we had it back only for less than a week when hubbys car decided t conk out on his way to football last week. Arrgh. So it has been in the garage all week, needs new fuel pump so more inconvenience and more £s. Make me want to cry. At least they didn't both break down at the same time I guess.

Madly busy week after a manic weekend. Sometimes it all seems a bit much but hey ho. Had Reece's class assembly this morning, then had to zoom the 20 miles to town for the funeral of a family friend, a lovely lady who has worked for our family business since before I was born so very sad. F-ing cancer. Then zoom to the music festival to catch Emily's class performance (just) then into work for a couple of hours before I have to pick hubby up at 3pm.  zoom the 20 miles back home for kids finishing school,(via the shop to buys something for tea as all cupboards are bare) then have everyone (plus an extra one) fed and out of the house by 5pm, drive over to a friends to pinch her car then I take older three back the 20 miles to town for gymnastics, athletics and my track session while hubby takes the younger three plus Reece's friend to football in friends borrowed car. Should get home just after 8pm by which time the kids will need a second tea/supper and at some point we can all collapse into bed. Sometime I really do wonder why.

Anyway being on here is not productive so better get on and stop moaning!

19/03/2014 at 18:07

blimey lotte - that's some logistics!! hope it all works out

i can't find my decree absolute. i can find the letter from the solicitor which says 'attached is your decree absolute' but i have obviously detached it at some point (i think it was for evidence of my divorce when i had to update my security clearance at work) and who knows what i have done with it!! i need it for my new job. i am supposed to provide evidence of my name change. i don't have my marriage certificate as i had to send that in when i got divorced. but it said they accept decree absolutes. i have my nisi but no absolute. argh.

i have found all my professional and academic certificates since i got my degree (fortunately). i don't have my A level and gcse ones. my mum will have those so there's no way i can get the originals and god alone knows what boards i did for all of them. i really HOPE they don't want to see them!! it's about eleventy million years ago anyway so i seriously doubt it's relevant. it's not like i have applied for a lecturing post and am trying to blag it

19/03/2014 at 19:32

Hope you find it, CM. I am forever misplacing things that are important - I usually file them away in a safe place that is so safe things seem to disappear! I lost my PHD certificate for about two years, oops. 

Glad you're feeling better, Caro. Sounds like you were well entitled to a cry! 

Lotte - sorry to hear about th funeral. Hope you get some chance to rest after your manic time. Know what you mean about wondering what it is all for sometimes! Since Ben started his new job in January, i am practically a single mum on all but one day in the week, and then quite a lot at weekends if he is away. Don't know how single mums actually do it all the time! I don't mind really though, as his salary now means I don't have to go back to work I am only going back to serve out my notice (in June, for seven weeks of 0.4). 

TTid, ooh, a new house! How exciting! We will have to come and visit you when we are in Florida in July

19/03/2014 at 20:55

Ha TB, praying it is finished by then as baby due August but losing hope at the moment. We have given the builders the go ahead to start the foundations but still don't have final approval from the bank for mortgage. In theory it should all be straightforward but we are waiting for the torpedo from the bank to sink us

19/03/2014 at 21:32

Lotte I would have had a nervous breakdown a long time ago.......

now coughing lots of crap out of my lungs, and blowing purulent green gunk out of My sinuses but the sore throat is a thing of the past.  Amazing.  

Hubby of course walked into an empty surgery and saw a GP within 5 minutes, compared to my 90 min wait yesterday.  She took one looks at his leg and said 'oh my god' apparently!  So for a couple of people who rarely take antibiotics we are now both on them.

right, time for sleep as have to be able to function again tomorrow.

19/03/2014 at 21:42

Well I can never say my job is boring - yesterday I received a letter from the Human Rights Comission saying that a parent has made a complaint about one of my clubs - long history of being a nightmare parent and they decided to not let her daughter rejoin the club because of it (defamation lawsuits etc in the past!).

This morning I have a letter from another club requesting that I write a letter of support for an athlete who wants to leave school to do correspondence school so that she can train 36 hours a week to compete internationally - British Olympic Gymnasts only train 35 hours per week and this girl is not ever going to be that standard. I feel like I've fallen down a rabbit hole into crazy land!!

Please everyone promise me you will not become crazy parents who do this to the poor people who run your clubs!!!

Camlo    pirate
20/03/2014 at 07:36

Oh dear, boo to bumped car, 20 mile shuttling, infected cuts, knicker dramas, building stresses, nightmare pushy parents and early trains.

YIPPEE to excruciating massage, clearing gunk off chest and starting new build (yes that is a stress but it is exciting too!)

Not sure that girl will thank her mother for taking her out of education and potentially ruining her career if she hasnt got enough talent to make it. 

CM when you explore the building blocks of yourself it is reasonable that you will end up with a different view of yourself which may indeed include higher/ different / lower aspirations for and expectations of people around you. Doesnt mean the end of relationships but will put you in a stronger position, good luck x

CC -sounds like massage was top quality and could easily result in some bruising today! If it works though then great. I'm sure i would benefit from a decent one. 

Sat in bed with a very wheezy child, hace given inhalers but still worsening so doubt we will school fit..... There goes my swim and bike i had planned for my annual leave day. 

20/03/2014 at 08:43
Oh boo to poorly child and missing swim & bike ride. Weather miserable anyway.
Camlo    pirate
20/03/2014 at 13:23

Haha poorly child found the energy to start a scrap over the tv remote so was swiftly changed into uniform and marched to school..... Swim done, just waiting for rain to stop for a very quick bike ride!

20/03/2014 at 13:50
20/03/2014 at 15:34

Haha, zero tolerance parenting Camlo, I like it!  Hope you get a gap in the rain.

20/03/2014 at 15:57

glad he perked up, camlo.

been to techniquest (local science museum) today with reception. OMG. i had 4 kids to look after, and they were all fine but they couldn't stay in one area and all wanted to do different things. i am exhausted!

20/03/2014 at 18:58

I take my hat off to you both (and I completely bow down to JT and her whole classes full of the little darlings!), my own 2 plus another 4 year old were nearly enough to finish me off on Saturday!

Well builders started digging foundations yesterday, bank emailed asking more questions about our financial position (really??) so giving us both the colliewobbles as to whether they are lining up to refuse our mortgage.  Hope to know by the end of the month for sure but could do without the added stress of not knowing, on top of all the other stresses we are under.  New product launching on Tuesday, baby due in 5 months, existing company needing our input, need to visit UK at end of April to give new UK MD induction to company.....

We never do things by halves!

Sorry, memememememe!

20/03/2014 at 19:28

Quite justified, TT! Fingers crossed for the mortgage Thing is, when everything has settled down, you will be glad you got it all out of the way! We were a bit like that at the back end of last year/beginning of this - new baby, the company being bought out, Ben's new job and lots more travel. Felt like I didn't know my a**e from my elbow for quite some time but it is fine now . At least we didn't move house though or build one - blimey, I think I would have cracked!

Like your style, Camlo!

Caro, glad the antibiotics are working. Poor hubby!

CC - ouch! But good to iron out all the kinks  

Well, as if the excitement from the breastmilk storage bags wasn't enough, I now have an electric pump! Have got a manual one, but fancied making it a bit faster It was on offer in Mothercare, so it found its way home with me, along with some clothes for Giovanna. Never spend anything on me nowadays (well, apart from breastfeeding paraphernalia!) 

20/03/2014 at 19:49

Massage sounds great CC - I could do with one of those! I did some active isolated stretching once with a guy in London when I was trying to solve my ITB problem. Quite strange as it was in the basement of the running shop in Covent garden and it was like a funny little cellar that felt a bit like a torture chamber!

Oh no longer days for you guys = shorter days for me ( To be fair you probably need it more than I do at this point!!

Worrying a bit about hubby at the moment. His back is really bothering him (although he does moan a lot it must be sore) and he didn't hear back about a job he was put forward for and really wanted. Quietly worrying to myself about how long this job hunt will take. He will be awesome if someone would just look past his previous career and give him a chance. We are ok money-wise but its going to start effecting his motivation and self-esteem I think and no idea how long it might take. Wish I could just fix it but lie in bed worrying instead - not helpful!

No wee accidents since Tuesday and M is quite happy going to loo on her own etc (she was completely dry this morning) so after my wobble at the beginning of the week all seems to have gone fine. I'm sure we will get some more accidents but I'm really pleased with how painless it has been.

Haircut for me today - can't wait! Last haircut was terrible and have been annoyed with my hair ever since so have picked a smarter place and hoping the do a better job!

20/03/2014 at 21:00

poor hubby hoggle. and poor you too

i have just booked premier inn in dorchester for 39 quid for easter hols so we can go to monkey world. will be heading down to devon and cornwall to see friends and cousin. friend's baby is due in may so will be our last visit until she is up and running again! planning to take J on the zip wire at adrenaline quarry which is next to where they live. it is insanely long and fast! he is desperate to go on it - he asks every time we drive down there. and then we will drive from cornwall to dorset (as you do) to go to monkey world and then back home again. that's my easter hols with the kids sorted then! (can't wait!).

20/03/2014 at 21:08

It's been music week at school all week and there was a letter asking parents to come in and play and instrument or sing.  So Matilda has been telling me that so and so's mum played the violin, someone else sang, someone else played the flute, someone else taught them Irish dancing.....she must think her parents are completely useless!  There is no way on earth I would do anything in front of 120 children!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.