Mums Running Club

How do you get going again after pregnancy?

39,141 to 39,160 of 43,660 messages
21/03/2014 at 20:04
If cow pat poo was only problem I wouldn't mind, but the up all night with diarrhoea and agonising stomach pains if eat eggs regularly and having a sore bott all day from the 3 cow pats in the morn is not a perfect poo in my opinion.
21/03/2014 at 20:08
What I disagree with is people popping pills for irritable bowel syndrome if it is a certain food that is causing the problem. I'd rather eat different food than take unneccesary medication.
21/03/2014 at 20:45

Agree TT you needed to do something. Popping pills instead of sorting prob is stupid, my mum takes statins but shoves all crap in her mouth and is a size 24. That of course is nothing like me stuffing my face in the evening and getting indigestion 

21/03/2014 at 21:16
Lol
21/03/2014 at 21:18
Which reminds me- my long run today was 1st in a while without heartburn. A huge bowl of Rice Krispies with almond milk seems to b the breakfast for me
21/03/2014 at 22:25
U do have to question why some kids r so nasty. I was so happy when Cam's teacher described her as kind hearted. Her best friends all seem to b little nippy sweeties, fighting and falling out. She is no wallflower tho and speaks her mind and bosses people about but she had a strong need for fairness and will tell the nippy ones exactly what she thinks of their behaviour thankfully.
21/03/2014 at 23:18
I have explained to Cam that people's behaviour is often more about them than her and not to take it personal. Many people very self centred and don't think how they affect others. Hard to comprehend when u r opposite and r always conscious of how u affect other people. World would b a better place if we were all a bit more empathetic. It's a very frustrating place for those of us who r.
21/03/2014 at 23:51

Oh good perfect poo!  I certainly don't have pain, wind or diarrhoea so I'll stick with cowpat.  

Nice Mexican meal with girl friends tonight, am absolutely shattered though.  Only 2 drinks, lots of nice food but after my whole one day at work this wk that has finished me off!

night all.

22/03/2014 at 00:00
Empathic
22/03/2014 at 00:00
Don't know which is right, can't b bothered to find out
22/03/2014 at 07:35

Thanks girls, feeling much better this morning. Was asleep before 10 and just woke at 7 which s the best nights sleep I have had in a long long time. Still sitting in bed with a cuppa and the laptop!

We have sat down and looked at it all Vixo but really feel there is nothing that we can cut down on. Sophie cut out her swimming to concentrate on athletics and netball but it doesn't make any difference to my time as Emily and Dylan still swim at the same time. But we are trying not to take on anything else. Its just that there are so many of them I guess. We have no day free from activities. Weekends used to be good but they are full too, that's not new things its just that the development groups for the county teams (netball and football) are on those days.

Dylan has been in the football development squad but the final trials to decide the team are today and next weekend (which we will miss). He is really nervous, although he made the team last year that is no guarantee he will make it this year.

Boo t horrible girls CC. I can't understand how kids can be like that. Luckily ours aren't and to be honest there aren't many in our wee school. But Sophie does seem to spend a lot of time as peacemaker between her friends, she just doesn't get all that bitchy stuff.

Our kids have always had comments that they are empathetic, or caring. Reece is the only one who sometimes doesn't think about other peoples feelings, #I remember once the school mentioning to me that he needed to work on this after an incident at lunch when he asked one of the supervisors if it made her feel sad that everyone hated her!!

22/03/2014 at 08:58
Hahaha I' b taking a long hard look at my behaviour/demeanour if a child said that to me, not complaining about the child's.
22/03/2014 at 10:47

Kids don't always mince their words do they?! I think all the kids on here sound lovely - no doubt a testament to their fab mums! 

Quick post for now - it's sunny and I skipped park run this morning to come to the White Horse (chalked on the hill) for a run instead. Meeting dad and wee brother who is over from Belfast for a sHirt trail run. Can't wait! These are the nearest hills to me really so worth the 25 minute drive. Have a good day all! Will read back and catch up later. 

22/03/2014 at 10:52
Enjoy Brookie

Vixo it was probably inaccurate to describe my previous poo as cow pat as cow pats have some form, actually u could probably spray the fields with them b4 and they r most likely more cow pattish now. ( I did wait til after breakfast lotte ) So I am not disagreeing with u or ur gastroenterologist on that. When I said toothpaste poo I meant very soft toothpaste lol.
22/03/2014 at 14:34
I have little opinion on the perfect poo, merely passing on what I've been told!! If cutting stuff out of your diet works for you then go for it. I agree about IBS, but largely because IBS is a collection of symptoms and as yet has no known pathology associated with it. Any drugs are just 'treating' symptoms, and they don't do that particularly well because there's nothing physically wrong for them to treat. I personally think that IBS is just a continuation of what is normal for all of us - sometimes our guts are more trouble than other times, probably as a result of a combination of what we eat, what's going on in our lives, how we're feeling etc.

Anyway, probably enough talk of bowels!
22/03/2014 at 15:15
N suffers from IBS and it can be debilitating. Doesn't seem to be related to any particular foods for him, although I guess it still may be. Sometimes he is absolutely fine and other times it is hellish. I used to think IBS was definitely to do with what you ate. It seems so obvious. And it may well be but it is obviously something else as well!
22/03/2014 at 17:47

wow. I have just used comparison website to get home / contents insurance. renewal quote from directline was £410.  so I went and plugged exactly same data into comparison website, selecting same excess and same levels of cover, and I have it for £180. that includes accidental damage, changing the excess, home legal cover, freezer cover. I can't quite believe that. that wasn't even the cheapest original quote. the cheapest was from legal and general but by the time I added extras on and changed it, it came out at more than £180.

oh and I got another meerkat too - so that's two on the way. one (Jakob - guess who that one will be for?) from my car insurance; and now one from the house insurance (baby Oleg - so that's for E). easter presents hopefully

22/03/2014 at 19:53

Argh more poo talk and I am just about to eat curry

Hard run today. 30 miles, 20 on the road and then the last 10 on the track (to work on pacing and mental side for the 100k). Failed a bit on the fueling I think, breakfast and then 2 gels and only finished running just before 4pm. But its done, took 4hrs 02 mins. Then had a quick change of clothes at my parents house before taking the twins shoe shopping!

Good news, Dylan got selected for the football team. Not so good news at the £500 needed towards two trips to the mainland for competitions!

22/03/2014 at 19:55

£500!!  Good grief.  I thought ballet was bad........

Looking forward to our trip to the olympic park for our mile tomorrow.  Hope it stays dry.

No more poo talk Lotte we promise

23/03/2014 at 08:05
Ballet exam morning is here. Off to do a bun... I am very nervous
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.